• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Ah, I see. I thought that was your favorites page for a second. I kind of wish I had your problem.
Yeah, I don't really mind it being gone, I just want to know what's causing it. 😉

It's an interesting feature but it'd probably be better if there indeed was an option to turn it on/off.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
wxSpC3z.jpg

Bought a new comic book. Hella.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Yeah the What's New section has periodically disappeared for me at times as well, just a temp client/server issue. I'd like the option to remove it as well, or better yet an option to show a notification icon on icons/thumbnails with new updates that are clearly detailed when you go into the title page.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i played Red Dead Online a lot more than usual and managed to grind 6 Gold Bars XD So yeah grind is not as bad as in GTA Online but it is still grind. You get 0.2 Gold Bars for each Daily Challenge you do (7 challenges each day) and additional 0.6 Gold Bars if you do all of them (that is 2 Gold Bars in Total). For Each 5 ranks you gain you get Treasure Map that leads to chest with high payout (i did one today and got 1.2 Gold Bars and like 80$). Add to that Free Roam Events and PVP modes and you can kinda easily earn enough gold to buy Licences (Trade, Bounty Hunting and Collector). Then you get additional challenges for each role and more ways to earn income. Add to that Daily Challenge multipliers (you get bigger multiplier for 7 days streak, that means doing at least 1 Daily Challenge each day, and you can do that for 4 weeks and reach x2.5 multiplier).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Today i played Red Dead Online a lot more than usual and managed to grind 6 Gold Bars XD So yeah grind is not as bad as in GTA Online but it is still grind. You get 0.2 Gold Bars for each Daily Challenge you do (7 challenges each day) and additional 0.6 Gold Bars if you do all of them (that is 2 Gold Bars in Total). For Each 5 ranks you gain you get Treasure Map that leads to chest with high payout (i did one today and got 1.2 Gold Bars and like 80$). Add to that Free Roam Events and PVP modes and you can kinda easily earn enough gold to buy Licences (Trade, Bounty Hunting and Collector). Then you get additional challenges for each role and more ways to earn income. Add to that Daily Challenge multipliers (you get bigger multiplier for 7 days streak, that means doing at least 1 Daily Challenge each day, and you can do that for 4 weeks and reach x2.5 multiplier).
Daily challenges are the best for gold, do them every day and you'll get a streak and eventually be swimming in bars

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the fuck is going on with Lost Ark? apparently they released a russian version a few days ago, why the fuck isnt there a western version already? they could be lapping up the Diablo crowd since D4 is nowhere near ready.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just finished Disco Elysium. What an incredible game. Will be in my top three games of 2019 if not number one.

Writing is so good, visually a treat, and an amazing soundtrack. Damn so good

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So, a few days ago, Randy visited my college's eSports club and talked about his past job experiences and Borderlands 3. After that, I spoke to him about how quickly Gearbox spent the Exclusivity money. He laughed and replied that Gearbox isn't the publisher for Borderlands 3 and can't answer that question.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
So, a few days ago, Randy visited my college's eSports club and talked about his past job experiences and Borderlands 3. After that, I spoke to him about how quickly Gearbox spent the Exclusivity money. He laughed and replied that Gearbox isn't the publisher for Borderlands 3 and can't answer that question.
coulda asked him about colonial marines

or medieval times

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Alright.

Tried out SteamLink over Wifi. Horrible. 100Mbit home network, cant really play anything 3D even with full speed. It is still clearly noticable, especially when moving the camera that its a stream.
Cant do it over LAN, since router+PC are in another room.
No clue how to comfy couch gaming anymore :(

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017

Should have asked Randy how Brothers in Arms development is coming along and if Troy Baker is even willing to return as Matt after being recast in Borderlands lol.

Sometimes I feel like the only person watching Gearbox Quebec, I want my Battle of the Bulge WWII squad action sooner rather than later.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got myself a faster internet router and can now properly use the Steam Link App.
Am finally able to play Dicey Dungeons the way it's meant to be played: on the comfy-couch with my tablet.

Any suggestions for other touch-friendly games? (Preferably games that don't have an Android port)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Question about remote play for PC/Steam games...

I have an NVIDIA Shield on my TV and I'd like to play PC games on it... I have installed the Steam Link app and it is working ok (well except the fact that it's using my Shield bluetooth remote as the input device instead of the XB1 controller but I imagine I can fix that somewhere lol)... My main issue however is that, while I'm playing the game on the TV, the game is still running on my PC in full screen. Now, this sounds obvious of course, the game still has to run somewhere! I kinda wish I could still use my PC for other stuff while I'm playing on my TV.

Is there no ways to run the game on the PC without showing it? Like run the game as a background service or something like that? It would still use the Hardware ressources of the PC but let me do whatever I want on the desktop at the same time (within hardware limitation considering there's a game running at the same time of course).

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Question about remote play for PC/Steam games...

I have an NVIDIA Shield on my TV and I'd like to play PC games on it... I have installed the Steam Link app and it is working ok (well except the fact that it's using my Shield bluetooth remote as the input device instead of the XB1 controller but I imagine I can fix that somewhere lol)... My main issue however is that, while I'm playing the game on the TV, the game is still running on my PC in full screen. Now, this sounds obvious of course, the game still has to run somewhere! I kinda wish I could still use my PC for other stuff while I'm playing on my TV.

Is there no ways to run the game on the PC without showing it? Like run the game as a background service or something like that? It would still use the Hardware ressources of the PC but let me do whatever I want on the desktop at the same time (within hardware limitation considering there's a game running at the same time of course).
Nope it needs to have focus to actually be able to capture the game and send inputs. It's by design.

I was able to use my shield to stream a game while my daughter was using my rift S playing a vr game but since the rift has it's own input and control that is the only way it would work. and the game I was playing was still displayed on my screen.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Anyone know why I'm not getting Achievement notifications in Gears 5? I'm sure I used to get them last time I played an MS game. I just double checked in the Settings in the Xbox Console Companion app and they are enabled under Notifications, and just in case I un-ticked then re-ticked there. They aren't showing up in-game nor in the feed of notifications at the bottom right of the screen when viewing the desktop.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Anyone know why I'm not getting Achievement notifications in Gears 5? I'm sure I used to get them last time I played an MS game. I just double checked in the Settings in the Xbox Console Companion app and they are enabled under Notifications, and just in case I un-ticked then re-ticked there. They aren't showing up in-game nor in the feed of notifications at the bottom right of the screen when viewing the desktop.
you need to set them as priority pop ups, I had mine disappear when I switched to the beta xbox companion app.

go to notification settings in windows, specifically the focus assist settings:
OUQmHRK.png

IT should be on when playing game.
and then click the "Customize your priority list"

and make sure Xbox companion app is added to the list, if it isn't just click the add and choose it and voila you'll have the pop ups again:
7cCqARz.png

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Nope it needs to have focus to actually be able to capture the game and send inputs. It's by design.

I was able to use my shield to stream a game while my daughter was using my rift S playing a vr game but since the rift has it's own input and control that is the only way it would work. and the game I was playing was still displayed on my screen.
Ok thanks, good to know!

Maybe we'll get the technology in the future... Would be cool

Also, your new avatar is always tricking me everytime I see it haha

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
you need to set them as priority pop ups, I had mine disappear when I switched to the beta xbox companion app.

go to notification settings in windows, specifically the focus assist settings:
OUQmHRK.png

IT should be on when playing game.
and then click the "Customize your priority list"

and make sure Xbox companion app is added to the list, if it isn't just click the add and choose it and voila you'll have the pop ups again:
7cCqARz.png
That looks helpful, thanks. Checking my settings, I do have Xbox Console Companion (not the beta version, which I have not installed) in my priority list. The box for "when playing a game" was already on. Should the very first setting be "Off" or "Priority only"?

This is through Game Pass btw.

Last edited:

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
That looks helpful, thanks. Checking my settings, I do have Xbox Console Companion (not the beta version, which I have not installed) in my priority list. The box for "when playing a game" was already on. Should the very first setting be "Off" or "Priority only"?

This is through Game Pass btw.
Off or priority whatever you prefer. The game mode on overrides the default value

That's weird it's not working for you. It should with your settings. Maybe try removing the companion app from the list and then re-adding it and see if that makes a difference.

I played gears 5 and outer worlds through game pass and after adding the beta app achievement started popping up again for me.

Sorry I can't help you out more with your situation

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
the fuck is going on with Lost Ark? apparently they released a russian version a few days ago, why the fuck isnt there a western version already? they could be lapping up the Diablo crowd since D4 is nowhere near ready.

I wonder what is going on as well, it is such a wasted opportunity, don't they want money?
i don't think a Diablo 4 from current blizzard would keep my interest for a long time anyway.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Ark isn't stateside because, like every other pretty and fun combat game from Korea, its entire economy and end game systems don't work in the west. They all get released here after everyone goes gaga over the graphics and the flashy moves, then people actually have to spend time with them and bounce the fuck off.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Lost Ark looked more promising than other similar games I have seen but you are probably right.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Off or priority whatever you prefer. The game mode on overrides the default value

That's weird it's not working for you. It should with your settings. Maybe try removing the companion app from the list and then re-adding it and see if that makes a difference.

I played gears 5 and outer worlds through game pass and after adding the beta app achievement started popping up again for me.

Sorry I can't help you out more with your situation
I added Xbox (beta), the Game Pass app, thinking that might solve it. Nope. Maybe the Xbox Console Companion needs to be running in the background? Not sure if it was, I'll try that next time. I initially tried removing these from the priority list and that included Xbox Game Bar, then I added them back, except there's no option to add Xbox Game Bar, nor is there an option to uninstall it. I did Repair and Reset on it, and it still didn't get back on the priority list. And I still don't have notifications for the Achievements. Why can't MS stuff just work? The game itself (Gears 5) is great, nice benchmark tool, super easy to get solid 60fps on average hardware, and it's running great, but the store and apps infrastructure around it, ugh.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes in my job I have to use Win7 for some legacy programs, and compared to Win10, Win7 is fucking trash. Win10 is easily the best version of Windows ever released and it's not even close.
If the best is defined by unavoidable trash updates that fuck everyone over with gui done in mspaint and visio, designed to work on mobile phones exclusively, 80% of whose core is telemetry then yes.
This is such a bad take.
An exploit protection is malware. SMH.
Exploit protection that is worse than exploits and which you have to disable anyway. Epic win.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm in PC gaming heaven this month. Planet Zoo, Age of Empires 2 and Warcraft 3 Reforged.

I need more time to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.