• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017

Nice. Gujian 3 is finally released in english.

ss_611937d87d07ffdd3a9ff42f75f1bab8a73f2ac8.600x338.jpg

They need to translate steam page to english though lol

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
The demo was a bit rough, but fairly promising (note that it got a fairly big patch recently, and I played it before that). would be funny if this was a better Blacksad game than the actual Blacksad game
After the patch things got much better. I relayed it. They added controller support and fixed a ton of performance hiccups. Very great game. Looking forward to the full game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The overlay works if you add RGL as a non-Steam game and then launch RDR2.

Does it work for streaming?

If you guys wanted to do this why didn't you wait a month for the steam version lol.

Because I don't have regional pricing here so I bought it on Voidu for 20% off.

Doesn't work for any non steam games since the new library release

I played at least 3 UPlay Assassin's Creed games with Steam Overlay.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody has experience with those TCL 4K tvs running in 1080?

I have my TV plugged in my PC and I'm thinking about upgrading my old 1080p set but I don't want to run my PC games at 4k

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody has experience with those TCL 4K tvs running in 1080?

I have my TV plugged in my PC and I'm thinking about upgrading my old 1080p set but I don't want to run my PC games at 4k
I've done this with some games for various reasons and it's looked/worked great. I'm assuming you're asking more about how the games look at 1080P on a native 4K screen and that's really on a per game basis. The Division 2 looked really good as did some others (can't remember off-hand). Something like Destiny 2 isn't going to look great on a setup like that but it performs and looks great at higher resolutions so you wouldn't need to run it at 1080P anyways unless hardware is an issue.

At a 1080P res you should be able to up other settings (AA solution, etc) all dependent upon your PC specs of course. Games with internal scalers (run game at 4K but use in-game res scaler to increase performance) work great too. You need to run games in either 4K or 1080P to use HDR on these sets so a scaler can come in handy there too if say you are trying to run the game at the highest res possible to get 60+ FPS while also running it with HDR active.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I've done this with some games for various reasons and it's looked/worked great. I'm assuming you're asking more about how the games look at 1080P on a native 4K screen and that's really on a per game basis. The Division 2 looked really good as did some others (can't remember off-hand). Something like Destiny 2 isn't going to look great on a setup like that but it performs and looks great at higher resolutions so you wouldn't need to run it at 1080P anyways unless hardware is an issue.
Thanks!

Yeah my PC is all right (i5-8400, GTX 1080) but some games are already starting to chug a bit on my main 1440p monitor so I use the opportunity of wanting to play them from my couch to also play them in 1080p (since this is the max that my tv support) so I get both the couch and extra performances.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Then fuck knows why it doesn't work for non-steam games for me. It did in the library beta but not when it officially released.

I am still using Beta Client. So maybe that is why :D

Also Star Wars reached 33K concurrent players on Steam and it is sitting at 91% Positive Reviews after over 1100 Reviews.

Lhoq171.png

n6BlMOj.png

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
we need better regional pricing in the UK

because if £54 is the new standard they can fuck off.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wasteland 3 is bonkers expensive in the UK.
we need better regional pricing in the UK

because if £54 is the new standard they can fuck off.
Woah that is worse than Sweden's prices so that is really bonkers!
We pay in euro which is getting worse and worse by the month basically. Standard price is now 640kr instead of 600kr. Your price is 670kr. :/

Isn't that the equivalent of $58 USD? New AAA games are $60 here.
No, $70...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Woah that is worse than Sweden's prices so that is really bonkers!
We pay in euro which is getting worse and worse by the month basically. Standard price is now 640kr instead of 600kr. Your price is 670kr. :/

No, $70...
Prices in the UK and Europe have VAT already included, which is 20% in the UK. Prices in the US are before sales tax, which varies from State to State and even within a State. So the like for like comp there is £45 before VAT, which is $58.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Gujian 3 even has Ansel support lol
I think it has its own photo mode too (invoked with F2).

And it's recognized by Geforce Experience as well.

You want to talk about bad pricing, how the hell is Skyrim SE $40. Jim Sterling needs to make a video!
Wait for a sale?

I think it was a reasonable price (wasn't it free for people who already had the old complete edition?). They did a good job with the new lighting and shaders, and the 64-bit executable made people happy.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Any Steam experts here? I'm sharing my library with my gf and she moved her games to another drive, but not she can't see most of my library
I tried revoking and granting access again and all the usual restarting steam/pc stuff but it won't work

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Any Steam experts here? I'm sharing my library with my gf and she moved her games to another drive, but not she can't see most of my library
I tried revoking and granting access again and all the usual restarting steam/pc stuff but it won't work

Maybe completely remove your profile from here computer/Steam folder and grant it again then. I think there always is a folder with you ID under "/userdata" in the Steam folder.
But it doesn't make much sense that moving her games had that impact. Did she really move her games or did she just copy/move the whole Steam folder?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
JESUS CHRIST IVE NEVER DIED SO MUCH IN ANY FIRST BOSS AS I HAVE IN THIS SEWER SHROUD IN REMNANT FUCK THIS GAME

She ded now tho :3

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe completely remove your profile from here computer/Steam folder and grant it again then. I think there always is a folder with you ID under "/userdata" in the Steam folder.
But it doesn't make much sense that moving her games had that impact. Did she really move her games or did she just copy/move the whole Steam folder?
She was following this guide that I've sent her

She re-installed into that new drive as well, I revoked her permissions and re-enabled them a bunch of times but still nothing

I'm gonna diving depper with the uninstall and stuff when I'm at her place next week and hopefully solver this issue

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
yIf8htm.png

I finished Episode 2 of Life is Strange 2, Rules.

I mentioned what I felt was a misstep in the beginning of the episode, but the rest of the episode was enjoyable, if lacking in the high drama and stakes that you saw in Episode 2 of the the original. It's the quieter character moments that are doing all the heavy lifting, both with Daniel and the supporting cast. Having the free prequel episode 'The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit' give you the opportunity to get to know the supporting cast in this episode was a good, if necessary, step as you're limited to just a couple of conversations with them otherwise, which makes it difficult for any of the emotional moments to have a real impact. The episode ends with a bit of an anticlimax, not helped by several characters talking about an event in the past in vague terms. They all know what happened but the player's none the wiser. Mysteries are good but not when basic facts about the mystery are kept from you!

The original LiS managed to blend quieter character moments, a compelling murder mystery and time travel shenanigans in the same episode, if not in the same scene. But we didn't get that good blend in Episode 2 of LiS2. The character moments were decent, and Daniel's powers continued to manifest in interesting ways, but the political side of the game took a back seat. At least it's clear that your decisions are having an impact on what Daniel does, although actually knowing what effect you're having is tricky to ascertain. Having some clear numerical indicators would feel rather too artificial, but having nothing just means you're having to hope you're teaching Daniel the right things. I guess that's more true to life though.

Anyway, hopefully Episode 3 is better!

mx4RiLK.png

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
An FYI for anyone with any doubts - Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order supports offline play on Steam.

If you find that it doesn't work first time, here's what I did:
- close Steam (and Origin if it is open)
- in task manager, end the processes for any Steam, "EA Link", and Origin Processes.
- Start Steam in Offline mode and try to play the game.
- You should get an Origin box saying you are offline, asking for your username / password - enter them
- Play offline!

Oct 25, 2017
Has Sega mentioned anything about a PC port of Judgement?
AFAIK this is all we have:

I think the hurdles have been lowered by putting on Steam. I think that we were able to increase the player base because people who do not have PS4 can also play the games. At present, "JUDGE EYES" has not been decided yet, but it is considered as one of the options. We are in the process of considering the possibilities not only for Steam but also for other formats.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
What about that Fist of the North Star Yakuza game? That looks pretty sick would love a PC port.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So basically the cheapest place to get Jedi is Origin Access? Looking at CD key sites the average price is $78 AUD which isn't that much cheaper than the actual Steam $89 copy. Was kind of hoping that being on Steam it would see cheap CD keys but honestly most games these days have been giving crappy CD key prices compared to not even a year ago.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So basically the cheapest place to get Jedi is Origin Access? Looking at CD key sites the average price is $78 AUD which isn't that much cheaper than the actual Steam $89 copy. Was kind of hoping that being on Steam it would see cheap CD keys but honestly most games these days have been giving crappy CD key prices compared to not even a year ago.

you wouldnt be able to get a steam key for a EA game anyway, it would always be a Origin key, just like it will always be uplay keys for ubisoft etc

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm getting a Windows pc in a few weeks. Do I need norton anti virus? Do I need windows 10 pro? How do I protect my computer if necessary

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm getting a Windows pc in a few weeks. Do I need norton anti virus? Do I need windows 10 pro? How do I protect my computer if necessary
No - Windows defender is built in and more than sufficient for protection.
Windows 10 pro really isn't necessary - here are the things you will miss out with only having home: https://www.pcgamer.com/whats-the-difference-between-windows-10-home-and-pro/ - RDP is really one one I could see being a potential issue, but there are many different solutions to achieve remote access.

The built in windows security features should protect your pc for the most part.
Don't click shady links, make sure you are aware what you are running when you run/install something.
Don't open attachments/click links in emails if you don't know what exactly it is.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: My Time at Portia - Won by ruttyboy (32 entries)

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm having to rely on CD keys more and more

Ironically I have to say welcome to.. Europe? Euro (€) prices have been very high forever so the best option for us has been places like CD Keys or indeed stores that allow us to use £ prices. The latter is coming to an end, all the £ prices have gone up significantly in the past few years and now they are starting to be equal to euro prices. Funny thing that brexit, bringing us closer together in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.