• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
No - Windows defender is built in and more than sufficient for protection.
Windows 10 pro really isn't necessary - here are the things you will miss out with only having home: https://www.pcgamer.com/whats-the-difference-between-windows-10-home-and-pro/ - RDP is really one one I could see being a potential issue, but there are many different solutions to achieve remote access.

The built in windows security features should protect your pc for the most part.
Don't click shady links, make sure you are aware what you are running when you run/install something.
Don't open attachments/click links in emails if you don't know what exactly it is.
I sometimes go on shady sites but maybe I can avoid it. I just worry with random pop ups

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
How do I enable Dualshock 4 prompts in Witcher 3? I can't get it working wirelessly but I recall there was some kind of solution for this?

Did you know about Steam "chord" configurations? When you have a controller connected with Steam, holding the "Home" button allows you to do things like controlling the mouse with the right stick. In case you just to navigate the client to start a game or whatever. There should also be a combination to bring up an on-screen keyboard.
I tend to disable Steam Input when the game has native controller support, but I'll keep that in mind!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I sometimes go on shady sites but maybe I can avoid it. I just worry with random pop ups

Use Firefox or Chrome with uBlock Origin and maybe for best results at least NoScript as well, NoScript has a bit of a learning curve since you need to learn which scripts are necessary for sites to function but if you go to some shady sites and stuff like that it's definitely necessary to be fully protected, scripts are so advanced these days just using an adblocker alone doesn't cut it anymore.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order already has 2.5K reviews on Steam and it is still at 90% positive. So they did sell a lot of copies on Steam despite game being available on Origin Access Premium. Game did way better than Gears 5 (but GamePass was 1$, Origin Access Premium is 15$). One way or another this shows that publishers and developers are leaving money on the table by not releasing games on Steam.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order already has 2.5K reviews on Steam and it is still at 90% positive. So they did sell a lot of copies on Steam despite game being available on Origin Access Premium. Game did way better than Gears 5 (but GamePass was 1$, Origin Access Premium is 15$). One way or another this shows that publishers and developers are leaving money on the table by not releasing games on Steam.

I really hope Ubisoft comes back to Steam with the new AC Vikings next year. I just finished the Odyssey DLC and I must say I really enjoy the new activity feed in the games library. Seeing the unlocked achievements and screenshots all in one page is really nice. Thanks to InquisitorAles who contributing a lot with his amazing Kassandra shots.

Also I feel like Ubisoft has to acknowledge that being on Steam does wonders for games extending their legs. AC Odyssey received almost 3K reviews in the last 30 days which is a lot for a single player game that released a year ago.

1 gift from Waku

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Waku Waku!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Batman: Arkham Knight - Won by fspm fspm (5 entries)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Gujian 3 is really impressive. Even the world is reflected in the eyes of the characters:

Gu_jian_3_Screenshot_2019.11.16_-_12.59.26.70.png

Gu_jian_3_Screenshot_2019.11.16_-_13.01.57.92.png

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
FM19 story of the day: I noticed the keeper was shit in training so I criticised him. He told me to mind my own business. I told him to sort out his attitude, and he basically didn't give a shit. So in a rage I told him this would be his last season with the club, and transfer listed him.

The next day I get an email with a news article stating that he's come out as gay. I checked his profile and noticed his morale is 'perfect' lol. So random! I'm still overwhelmed and shit at this game, but I love all the little details.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prices in the US are before sales tax, which varies from State to State and even within a State. So the like for like comp there is £45 before VAT, which is $58.
That's something I'm curious about. How does the state knows you're paying the right tax? Is it by IP? What happens when you use a VPN? Or when you buy a Steam key on another site that might not be located in the US?
Install Malwarebytes on top of what's been advised already. Ublock and Noscript are to avoid getting nasty disease, MB is in case you've been dumb and you went outside in winter without your scarf.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Got a message from the ios Gamepass app saying that the Halo MCC is up for preload on PC. I'm willing to bet they didn't fix a thing from the latest test and are just gonna put a shameful pc port of Reach out there to get it over with, and then keep fixing it later.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a dumb dumb and didn't buy the Cities Skylines DLCs when they were on sale like two weeks ago and now I'm itching to play the game again. Aggghh

Anyways, when is the Autumn Sale supposed to begin?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The lead artist of Warcraft 3 Reforged, Brian Sousa, is leaving Blizzard - and taking some time off. This after the mixed reactions to the remaster that's supposed to launch this year.
Hello everyone! After almost 18 years at Blizzard Entertainment and 26 in the game industry, I have decided to take a little time off to try new things. Right now I have many dreams, but no real plans. I'll keep you up to date on my latest ambitions! It was an honor to work with those of you I've worked with and perhaps I'll gave the honor to work with more of you in the future. Hit me up here if you like, I'm looking forward to whatever fate may bring me! Live long and prosper, and thanks for all the fish!

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I really hope Ubisoft comes back to Steam with the new AC Vikings next year. I just finished the Odyssey DLC and I must say I really enjoy the new activity feed in the games library. Seeing the unlocked achievements and screenshots all in one page is really nice. Thanks to InquisitorAles who contributing a lot with his amazing Kassandra shots.

Also I feel like Ubisoft has to acknowledge that being on Steam does wonders for games extending their legs. AC Odyssey received almost 3K reviews in the last 30 days which is a lot for a single player game that released a year ago.
Thanks, glad you like my shots! :) And yeah, I said it many times, steam activity feed helps a lot for games visibility, and I've seen examples when people were getting the game after seeing the screenshots or simply when a friend bought it in the feed. And with the new library UI ability to see friends activity on the game page also helps a lot.

Well that is a first for a non-GAAS/multiplayer game.

Considering that devs claimed that it's not the final chapter of the story... Poor Shenmue fans, after all this mess I doubt that next game will ever see the light of the day.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Current in game player count is 42,215.
Yeah it sold pretty well on Steam, I'm sure EA is happy with the decision to return to Steam right now.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
How have people been finding Jedi Fallen Order's performance? About to dive in later tonight with Origin Access Premier

Pretty good for me. Im playing at 1440p 60fps and everything on EPIC. Get a few dropped frames every now and then but not enough to make me turn down some settings. It looks very nice in most areas. I do have a beefy system though but i think its generally pretty good.

Edit - i mean EPIC settings not EPIC the store.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dicey Dungeons outsold the lifetime sales of VVVVV and Super Hexagon combined within just its first month. Really nice success for Terry Cavanagh.

distractionware: devlog - 1: Launch Day?
I tried to keep my expectations low – I'm really proud of this game, but there have been so many indiepocalypse stories in the last few years that I was nervous that it all might go wrong. And I, uh, took some risks. I blew a huge chunk of my Super Hexagon and VVVVVV savings to make this. I was quietly hoping it would do ok, but really I was just hoping that at the very least it wouldn't end up being a total disaster.

What actually ended up happening is that it shot right past those quiet hopes, and massively exceeded my wildest ones – it's been by far the biggest and most successful launch of my career. Within just its first month, Dicey Dungeons outsold the lifetime sales of my previous two games on Steam combined.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Everything about Shenmue 3 looks good to me.

To be frank, I asked for a refund only because I had chosen the $60 PC physical version. If I had chosen the $30 PC digital version, I would have kept it instead.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Dicey Dungeons outsold the lifetime sales of VVVVV and Super Hexagon combined within just its first month. Really nice success for Terry Cavanagh.

distractionware: devlog - 1: Launch Day?

Awesome. Very happy for Terry & team. It's a fantastic game. Among my favorites in the roguelike (sub)genre alongside greats like Into the Beach, Isaac, Slay the Spire and Spelunky. I'd be playing more of it if I hadn't gone so hard on it in EA.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can you play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition on Steam, in singleplayer, without creating/using any account for Microsoft/XBOX?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It's the HL2 anniversary and Valve did nothing at all, not even a sale on all HL titles. Bah, they really don't care at all.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ok this is a super random question (especially 2 months away from 2020 lol) but... Are there ever any deals on MGS5 MB coins anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.