• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
By my current count, Steam has removed 988 titles from Steam in the last 3 hours. They routinely move a couple dozen products every once in awhile, but I wonder if this is their biggest purge. I guess assuming Steam has 35000 or so games, this is a removal of slightly less than 3 percent of the entire Steam library. Doesn't really take care of the entire game shaped object problem, but that's a sizable statistic. I don't recognize any of the games caught in the crossfire, but I sure hope few real developers who actually tried to make a game got caught up in it.

You can see list here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outdrive appears to have been caught in the web. I don't think the game was notably good, but it was a "real" game. At least, in comparison to some of those other games.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I must've missed that news. I'm glad Valve's actually trying to clean the store up.

Thanks y'all.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The excellent Phoenix Lighting mod for The Witcher 3 just got updated to version 4. Now we just need Halk to release the Toussaint update for his texture pack.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a free copy of State of Decay Year One in my inventory. Looks like a promo for the 2nd game, so check your inventory if you already own State of Decay.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever had issues down sampling in Shadow of the Tomb raider? Trying to, but the game is being stubborn lol. Can't get to stay at 1440. I'm pretty sure it worked before.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Shadow has to have the worst RTX implementation yet, the performance hit is massive and it's only shadows. In the market scene in the first 10 minutes I'm getting 45fps at 1080p on a 2070 Super while with RTX off it's 60+ at 1620p.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently those banned games come from same publisher with multiple names and that is why they were banned.

Also

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
2011 Rage 1 (although probably the better game) performs worse than fully open world 2019 Rage 2. I even had to turn AA way down because it felt very stuttery.

However, the human animations in Rage 1 are clearly manual and oddly satisfying to watch.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
2011 Rage 1 (although probably the better game) performs worse than fully open world 2019 Rage 2. I even had to turn AA way down because it felt very stuttery.

However, the human animations in Rage 1 are clearly manual and oddly satisfying to watch.

id Tech 5 was an unmitigated disaster.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Rage 1 ran fine for me tho i did follow a guide on steam ^^;

Once I turned AA down it runs fine - I was just struck at how I had to turn down the settings on a 9 year old game. It also has some weird audio drop outs when driving. I guess I should look at the community altho I'm already to the second town.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Once I turned AA down it runs fine - I was just struck at how I had to turn down the settings on a 9 year old game. It also has some weird audio drop outs when driving. I guess I should look at the community altho I'm already to the second town.
I played it using ssgss and it looked fine for me

I would replay it but the game tends to be a little too long for its own good.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Well I haven't finished it yet, but I think Jedi: Fallen Order will end up being my GOTY. I absolutely love it, and I'm glad that they held a lot of stuff back during previews and the marketing of the game, because it continues to surprise me.

I had an awesome moment tonight where I was able to go to a new area, and it ended up being my favorite thing to explore in the game so far. And it is completely optional and not part of the main quest, you just have to go and explore it.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
So, I have never played a Batman game before and I am super confused by all the different games. If you were going to recommend one game in the series which would it be?

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely check the community. There are a bunch of ini tweaks you should do. Should run perfectly after that. Turn off AA and just use DSR if you have an Nvidia card. Runs fine at 4K on my 2060. The audio while driving is a bug I haven't seen a solution for.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So, I have never played a Batman game before and I am super confused by all the different games. If you were going to recommend one game in the series which would it be?

Eh that is kinda hard, each has pros and cons. Arkham Asylum has best level design, Arkham City is more open for better or worse, Origins has best story, atmosphere and character design and Arkham Knight is beautiful game with probably best combat in the series.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
If you're playing Arkham in order, keep in mind the boss fights get much better and the fights are generally more varied after the first game. Most importantly, less charging big dudes.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Arkham Asylum is the fiest game
Akrham city is the 2nd game
Arkham origins is the 3rd game
Arkham knight is the 4th game

Everyone will give a different answer but there is nothing wrong in starting with asylum due to its metroidvania inspired structure.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
for the 2 people besides me that care about TESOnline

hEY i have TES Online and am interested in it, just need to one day sit down and actually play it :3
It's not a good mmorpg. If you play it as a single-player game it's good.

- A lot of people quit when the last patch released because the devs are clueless and are killing off end-game content by nerfing too much and/or making combat changes without any positive end-game in sight (even though none of them actually play end-game properly).
- End-game is small, boring and extremely toxic (you have cliques of guilds that are split on language lines in NA - yep) EU end-game is definitely better.
- The game is basically memed as Fashion Scrolls Online (the greed is strong from the devs).
- They don't have a strong beta testing system (small group of players who give their insights etc, then a 1-4 week beta during which only game breaking things are fixed).
- Game-play bugs take ages to be fixed, but if there's a bug in their in-game shop (where you can buy stuff for real money etc) the game will be taken down instantly to fix it (sounds like a meme, but yeeep).

Ultimately it's a mmorpg, if you find a good guild you'll make good friends and it can be fun for a while - we ended up clearing everything in the game and quit because most of us live in Asia/Australia and our pings to NA were 350+ which just added to the other issues.

DxZpWzt.jpg

Last edited:

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Oh so that's why I kept seeing State of Decays on my activity feed without a sale going on.

I remember some discussion when the game of the year edition released. Was it because it had different bugs/problems or cause it wasn't upgraded from the base buyers?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
PC Era needs to stay strong together! ✊
Speaking of that – I remember Tizoc being guilty too, posting about a Mort & Phil game that wouldn't run. How did that end? :D
I have all 3 releases so far. There is one game that wouldn't run no matter what I tried. The 2 that did work seem to launch command prompt to run so they seem to rely on DOS? This one just won't launch no matter what I try and I have no idea what is causing it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm considering picking up a 144Hz screen this Black Friday, and with that I was thinking of switching my old 970 for a GTX 2060. Does anyone know if that's worth it for someone with a 6th gen i7-6700 CPU?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Seems Fallen Order is doing better than Battlefront in PC. Wonder why

253530245414649866.png

Edit: It outselling the launch of Battlefront 1 (which was very hyped) really makes me wonder how low Battlefield numbers in PC must be now (as I imagine Battlefront outsells Battlefield).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.