• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
We're probably about to get a lot of opinions on the Steam controller. Maybe I'll preempt a smidge and just say, it isn't like your controller of preference and I hope that some of yall find the things it does well instead of bounce off the things it does differently.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably about to get a lot of opinions on the Steam controller. Maybe I'll preempt a smidge and just say, it isn't like your controller of preference and I hope that some of yall find the things it does well instead of bounce off the things it does differently.

i don't think any amount of warning is going to rewire peoples expectations. it really is *that* different.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Children of Morta make an appearance:

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
Not seen anyone mention much about Phoenix Point, they've recently released backer keys. I never went through the process of refunding when they did the EGS exclusive stuff. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to offer steam keys a year later but was that ever officially a thing?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not seen anyone mention much about Phoenix Point, they've recently released backer keys. I never went through the process of refunding when they did the EGS exclusive stuff. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to offer steam keys a year later but was that ever officially a thing?

IIRC yes, it was a choice between that or a free season pass in the news recently.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah pretty sure you get all the DLC for free and a Steam or GoG key after a year.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaaand i am done, i actually finished Creedathon before year ended. This is when i finished each entry:

ASSASSINS CREED (16.02.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED II (06.05.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD (24.07.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS (03.09)
ASSASSIN'S CREED III REMASTERED (12.10.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG (04.11.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY (17.11.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE (30.11.)

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah pretty sure you get all the DLC for free and a Steam or GoG key after a year.

So to confirm this, the second to latest update at the fig.co campaign page makes this completely clear. All Fig backers receive Epic store key now that includes the season pass and roughly a year from now all Fig backers will also receive either a Steam or GoG key that also contains the season pass (as well as the base game). The survey for Steam/GoG choice will be sent just before the release on those platforms so November-December 2020.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm playing Anthem thanks to the free Origin Access month, I'm kinda enjoying it but I want to know if they removed those crappy grindy requirements needed to complete the game.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I still see so many posts asking about stores or going to other stores to check sales. Save yourself loads of time and just use gg.deals

It already lists trusted storefronts and price histories including Epic and Windows Store. I also noticed that now when you go to a game page they will note if key suppliers like cdkeys has the game on sale as well. This is a separate list which includes grey area sites that tend to redistribute keys from physical products or potentially peer to peer marketplaces.

I was able to find pretty much everything I was interested in playing sooner rather than later using the site. Per usual most things are cheaper outside of steam , but steam has the best refund system so keep that in mind.

I used to spend so much time checking sites that now I have that time back to actually play the games I bought in the sale lol.

I've been pretty behind because of work and sadly I'm heading in to work this weekend to work on things but I did have time to play the Spyro Trilogy which I loved as a kid. I only played Spyro 1 so far as it's all I had growing up , pretty sure I've made it as far as I ever had because I never left the first area as a kid lol. No idea why, I just liked flying around and bashing things apparently.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Gears 5 has play time stats. On the main screen in game there's a button to reach the small icons at the bottom of the screen, one of which is stats and shows your playtime in each of Campaign, Versus, Horde, etc.

yes, gears 5 has play time in the game itself. i didn't mean that. i meant a platform-wide tracking, like on steam. if you click on any game in your steam library it is immediately clear how much you've played that game, without having to launch the game or do anything particular to that game.

for some reason, the xbox companion app tracks playtime for gears 4 but not for gears 5.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I still see so many posts asking about stores or going to other stores to check sales. Save yourself loads of time and just use gg.deals

It already lists trusted storefronts and price histories including Epic and Windows Store. I also noticed that now when you go to a game page they will note if key suppliers like cdkeys has the game on sale as well. This is a separate list which includes grey area sites that tend to redistribute keys from physical products or potentially peer to peer marketplaces.

I was able to find pretty much everything I was interested in playing sooner rather than later using the site. Per usual most things are cheaper outside of steam , but steam has the best refund system so keep that in mind.

I used to spend so much time checking sites that now I have that time back to actually play the games I bought in the sale lol.

I've been pretty behind because of work and sadly I'm heading in to work this weekend to work on things but I did have time to play the Spyro Trilogy which I loved as a kid. I only played Spyro 1 so far as it's all I had growing up , pretty sure I've made it as far as I ever had because I never left the first area as a kid lol. No idea why, I just liked flying around and bashing things apparently.
Yeah, gg.deals and isthereanydeal.com (with the augmented steam browser extensions) are the best ways to get the best bang for your buck in pc gaming.

Careful with burnout and hope you enjoy the games!

I havent played them but friends have commented is quite good.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I never check up on deals at all? I just go to cdkeys to see how discounted games are pre release and that's about it.

I only browse stores through gg.deals now unless I need to check something on a store page
There's been some good mama fanart coming out in the last few days.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I've been contemplating getting Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for a while now so I decided to finally bite the bullet. It's currently available for 7.49€ on AllYouPlay so I thought it's not a big deal. Problem is, I can't seem to redeem it since you need to link your Origin-account and it just directs me to a 404.

Sigh. I'd rather play it on Steam of course but who knows when that will show up!

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
So to confirm this, the second to latest update at the fig.co campaign page makes this completely clear. All Fig backers receive Epic store key now that includes the season pass and roughly a year from now all Fig backers will also receive either a Steam or GoG key that also contains the season pass (as well as the base game). The survey for Steam/GoG choice will be sent just before the release on those platforms so November-December 2020.

Thanks. I've just checked the page after you've said that, I've never had any email itself (to my knowledge) confirming that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is there anywhere the sells a cheap Infinite Warfare key that works in Australia? Only ones I can find are for Europe.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand i am done, i actually finished Creedathon before year ended. This is when i finished each entry:

ASSASSINS CREED (16.02.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED II (06.05.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD (24.07.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS (03.09)
ASSASSIN'S CREED III REMASTERED (12.10.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG (04.11.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY (17.11.)
ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE (30.11.)

I should try and finish Syndicate before the end of the year. I played it earlier in the year after Unity and I spent too much time filling out the map and burned myself out. I think I only have 2 chapters left.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Well just played American Truck Simulator for 5 hours. It's really good. I've got all the map expansions except for Utah, but I'm sure I'll pick it up. As someone who lives in Colorado, I hope that's the next map. Driving in the mountains would be a lot of fun in that game.

My only experience before with this type of game was Euro Truck Simulator 2, but I played that with a controller. It's so much better using a wheel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.