• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK

2B0QzXu.png

RpW2FS8.png

MegaMan 11 - Tizoc
The Blue Bomber returns in a new 2D Action Platformer, now equipped with the Double Gear. The Double Gear is a new ability that grants Megaman the ability to either slow down time, using the Speed Gear, which can come in handy in tight situations or some tricky platforming section, or to gain a large attack boost using the Power Gear. The Gears are assigned to 2 buttons and you can even set up your controls so that you don't need to use them! If you're in the mood for some traditional 2D Action platforming, then Megaman 11 is your go to game.

RAaFETc.png

SoulCalibur VI - Tizoc
The Soul series makes it debut on Steam, featuring over 20 characters including Geralt from the Witcher series.
Following in from previous entries, the game features a Create a character mode (Libra of Soul) wherein you can create your character customizing their look and moves, in addition character's armor takes damage and should a character's armor be broken they will take more damage from attacks. The game will also feature a story mode in the form of Soul Chronicle that features an interactive timeline with the cast of the game.

IcILRIq.png

Paw Patrol - Tizoc
A simple adventure game that looks totes adorbs and recommended if you like dogs and puppies.

Cj5wBsN.png

Warriors Orochi 4 - QueenOfHunting
first Warriors game to have full co op on pc also has pvp. this title isnt doing the open world gameplay from dw9 its back to the old classic way, lets also go to greece. new playable heroes are Zeus, Athena, Perseus, Ares and odin,
When Queen recommends you buy :D

zQ3oXap.png

Call of Cthulhu - Okingjrr
A narrative driven psychological horror game based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft and the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG by Chaosium.
Edward Pierce must uncover the truth behind the mysterious death of a painter and her family on the remote island of Darkwater. But the deeper he goes into this investigation, the clearer it becomes that this island has more secrets than meets the eye. It's up to you keep your grasp on what's real or risk losing your sanity.

It's out just in time for halloween, and the developers seem to have nailed the atmosphere the Lovecraft stories and mythos. It has branching paths based on the information you've gathered through dialogue with NPCs and your discoveries along the way, the sanity system also affects your choices, so you've got to manage how engulfed in crazy you want your character to be.
You should check this out if you're in the mood for a fun little RPG-ish horror game this month.

SAbjxZx.png

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Uzzy
Assassin's Creed Odyssey, developed by Ubisoft Quebec, is the latest in the long running historical saga/RPG/collectathon/look you've played a modern AAA game I'm sure, you know what genre we're talking about here/romance simulator. You play as one of two protagonists, Kassandra and the wrong one, sailing and riding around Greece during the Peloponnesian War, acting as a mercenary and fighting for either Athens or Sparta. Or maybe you're actually playing as a modern day character, hooked into the animus, and reliving those genetic memories while on the search for some mystical first civilisation artefact. It's complicated and I'm not even sure Ubisoft knows what's actually going on anymore.

Ubisoft's quest to create the platonic ideal of the video game continues, by moving onto Bioware's turf in Odyssey and adding in dialogue choices and even romance options to the expected mix of naval combat, stealth mechanics, horse riding, collecting thousands of things, fighting off other mercenaries, climbing rock hard giant penises, fighting in large scale battles, going on quests and levelling up your character in a huge open world. But now you get to listen to Kassandra's adorkable dialogue while banging the quest givers wife. Hellas yes.

D7sTtCN.png

EpnQgxO.png

Loom[/URL][/B] - Mivey
You mean you haven't heard of the latest masterpiece of fantasy storytelling from Lucasfilm's™ Brian Moriarty™? Why, it's an extraordinary adventure with interface of magic, stunning high-resolution 3D landscapes and sophisticated score and musical effects. Not to mention the detailed animation special effects, elegant point 'n' click control of characters, objects and magic spells. Beat the rush! Go out and buy Loom™ today!

List of people who have completed the game:
  • Tizoc
  • dummmyy
  • Illusionary

xM8izhq.png

Metal Gear 5 Ground Zeroes- Deques

The Challenge:
The prequel to a prequel of the first Metal Gear Solid game. Finish the main mission and S-Rank it!

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • Dio
  • Mivey
  • KainXVIII
  • Tizoc
  • Blugrass

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited by a moderator:

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I will S rank that mission

I just checked my gameplay info and it looks like A rank has been the best that I have gotten in the main mission

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
New thread, new smell, new games...

Still busy with Pathfinder, AC Odyssey is pre-ordered, I'm good for October. Probably RDR2 too later in the month.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet October thread. Right now, I'm only thinking of getting Mega Man 11 upon release. Can't think of anything else I want right this second. Also, gonna try and hit the backlog and play some spooky games for the month.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for AC Odyssey.

Also my birthday the 13th, so a pretty good month.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I would say Voidu but it depends on your region.

If you're from the US then I would say your best bet is Fanatical.

NVM, turns out DLGamer has it for $74. Though I might wait a bit and see if Razer has a promo, since I have a $10 off coupon for them I grabbed from their booth around SDCC. Still might just grab the standard from them and grab the season pass separate.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
NVM, turns out DLGamer has it for $74. Though I might wait a bit and see if Razer has a promo, since I have a $10 off coupon for them I grabbed from their booth around SDCC. Still might just grab the standard from them and grab the season pass separate.
I would hold off on the season pass since it only features 4 extea characters.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Been keeping an eye out for SC6 deals for the deluxe version but the most I see ever is like 11% off.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wanting to play Loom™ - PC Gaming Era Retro Game of October 2018

Use ScummVM for adventure games sake! Just point it to the LOOM directory on the Steam path, it auto-detects it. It not only gets rid of the terrible, terrible filter Disney put on these games, it also enables a lot of great features, like a toggle-able turbo mode. You can even emulate Roland MT 32, the great midi synthesizer, on it. You just need to rip out the ROM files from your own MT 32. What? You don't have one of them? You're in luck, you can get one for a mere pittance of 370$!
Wait, that was the wrong link, where did that come from? Here, is the right one!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
For anyone wanting to play Loom: Use ScummVM for adventure games sake! It not only gets rid of the terrible, terrible filter Disney put on these games, it also enables a lot of great features, like a toggle-able turbo mode. You can even emulate Roland MT 32, the great midi synthesizer, on it. You just need to rip out the ROM files from your own MT 32. What? You don't have one of them? You're in luck, you can get one for a mere pittance of 370$!

Swans? You know, birds!

Oct 29, 2017
Got the crafting plans for some legendary armor I was looking for in Fallout Shelter. After a mere 5 days of crafting it will be mine.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Puzzle-platformer from the creator of Conker's BFD. This was announced over five years ago.

Glad it's finally coming out, but I dunno what to make of it; the main concern I have is that the sheer amount of detail and animation in the environments makes them way too visually busy for my liking, and readability can be a big problem in more art-direction-driven sidescrollers.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
One sad thing though, is that the Steam Version is based on Loom CD, which removes most of the background music and in fact has most of the dialogue shortened, and close ups removed. While it's nice to hear the recordings, I feel this version sacrificed far too much.
Unfortunately, there is no way of getting the (in my opinion far superior) FM Towns version in any digital platform.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Not buying anything this month. But I might eventually pick up FIFA 19 if I decide to keep my PS4 Pro instead of selling it.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Steam's incredibly last minute release times suck given how open the platform is in every other way. European switch owners are playing Mega Man 11 ;-;

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit Soldier of Fortune series is up on GOG. I'm tempted, the games were trashy fun if you just want to experience them as a gore fest simulator.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The problem with being an aesthetics obsessed person is that I'm currently battling myself to prevent an impulse purchase of Odyssey right now. I just wanna immerse myself in the pretty environments at 4K/Ultra settings.

But I've got SotTR and VC4 on my plate atm already. Really hate the avalanche of games as the year rushes towards it's conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.