• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
ovrwx.gif
Besides ERA, whats on tap for 25?

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I recently learned about network bufferbloat, which evidently was the cause of all of my video buffering issues at Twitch, Youtube, etc.
Installed DD-WRT on my router, set up some QoS settings, and wow the internet seems so much faster and Twitch videos run perfectly. Plus DD-WRT is awesome in general and I should've installed it much earlier.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
With that first level gap in Odyssey from 12 to 15 is one thing but then you do that and the next story mission is level 17 ugh.
People kept saying the new AC games don't have level gating issues, and people should just keep playing to progress. But god damn Origins' side quests (heck even some main quests) were so boring I do not want to do this again.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 12 to 15 gap is a tutorial thing. It's meant to teach players about the conquest mechanics, and when you engage with them, you're levelled up. Or you can ignore it, as the actual nocturnal to kill is like 13, he is just surrounded by guards. I actually accidentally finished that section early because I wandered into him and just powered through.

Oct 29, 2017
Messed around with Borderlands TPS but mp is still dead at higher levels. Decided to reinstall Dishonored 2 and play the "right" way.

I'm killing everything that gets in my way.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
DQ11 continues to be an incredible experience. Its all just so good and the overall quality needs to be praised so much. 95hrs into the game now and they introduce new characters, story angles and twists. New dungeons along with new bosses who are doing weird new shit that forces you to fight differently. Its challenging and fun as hell too as I am playing with tougher enemies difficulty. Its mindblowing how this game was even made. Its so unlike Squeenix. Like they woke up one day and decided to be the industry leading GOAT tier developer again. As far as rpgs go this gen...this game is among the top with DOS/DOS2 and Witcher 3 imo. The only real knock against it is the silent protagonist which W3 does better obviously. But then again the Pokemon turn based style group combat is so much better than what Witcher 3 had.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered the standard edition ages ago - 20th of July - and got a key straight away. Things may have changed, but I would expect them to give an "out of stock" message on the store page rather than make you wait for a key.

Edit: Hit post too soon...

Yeah, it seems like you will be able to play Sniper Assassin straight away - I have an option to install it. :)

Got the gold edition a week before it went out of stock. Already got the code and sniper assassin is in my library.

Great, thank you very much.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
DQ11 continues to be an incredible experience. Its all just so good and the overall quality needs to be praised so much. 95hrs into the game now and they introduce new characters, story angles and twists. New dungeons along with new bosses who are doing weird new shit that forces you to fight differently. Its challenging and fun as hell too as I am playing with tougher enemies difficulty. Its mindblowing how this game was even made. Its so unlike Squeenix. Like they woke up one day and decided to be the industry leading GOAT tier developer again. As far as rpgs go this gen...this game is among the top with DOS/DOS2 and Witcher 3 imo. The only real knock against it is the silent protagonist which W3 does better obviously. But then again the Pokemon turn based style group combat is so much better than what Witcher 3 had.
Yup. The game is long but not in a bad way, as there's barely bloat in there. You constantly moving forward with the story in the diverse and massive world.

It's clearly GOTY and probably GOAT material when it comes to JRPG. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding my #1 spot for GOTY this year.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
If the patch doesn't address anything of importance to you, you can download the previous build of the game via Steam's console and still use the mod.
Weird that Steam doesn't make this functionality available via the client itself, GOG does this. Same as turning off updates, which I believe even used to be a feature. Rather backwards for a company that's generally about giving people choices to play their games the way they want to.

Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the twist in Unavowed.

That's a good twist.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
They are amazing.
But I'm sure you'll find people on Era who will tell you that they are being mean and disrespectful to mega-publishers.

When it would be so easy to go the Valve route and try to get those modders under their wings.

Something like: "Hey this is a great concept, but you are infringing on our copyright, so you have the following options:
- 1. stop what you are doing
- 2. license our IP and sell the game through us
- 3. we will invest in you guys and make the game even better with our help

Still not great for fans who waited for this game and thought it would be free, but better than nothing, right?

Many arrogant or backward companies like Nintendo would never go with 2 or 3, they would think that it diminishes their IP's or Mascots.
And others think that it would crowd the sales potential when they release an entry in the specific IP

But I can see other companies who could launch an "inspired by *GameX*" or "Fan-works" label which would detach the games from the main entries.

I mean, what does a company lose if they publish a remaster of an old game that was done by some fans and the quality was ok or great?

Ok, the fans (the game makers) have to be fine with the game being sold instead of free.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, what does a company lose if they publish a remaster of an old game that was done by some fans and the quality was ok or great?
Revenue of titles they have in their fiscal year predictions?
Companies aren't good, bad or evil. They are just amoral and completely focused on profit.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the argument of people who defend that Senran Kagura mode that you're a hypocrite if you're alright with violence in games but not with this.

"But where do we draw the line?!"

I dunno but I'm pretty sure it should be above groping underage girls.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017

It's a minimalistic puzzle game in the mold of all those Polish titles (Zenge, klocki, Push, Scalak, Art of Gravity)
It does look like Picross 3D clone at a glance, but is actually Hexcells on steroids.
Highly recommended if you need a quick puzzle fix.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
With The Last Guardian done i have reached 50 games finished since the beginning of the year :D TLG was nice experience and to be honest bad controls and camera bothered me more than FPS issues XD

Few days ago i bought Little Nightmares Complete Edition so that will be my next game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
With The Last Guardian done i have reached 50 games finished since the beginning of the year :D TLG was nice experience and to be honest bad controls and camera bothered me more than FPS issues XD

Few days ago i bought Little Nightmares Complete Edition so that will be my next game.
Have fun
Tho unless u already have a Halloween game, why not save it for that ;p

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So, after I beat for the third (and last) time now:
header.jpg

The last game in what you might call "single character" Ys games, it really does take all the lessons from Ark of Napisthim and Oath in Felghana, and iterates on them once more. I don't think it was until my third playthrough with Toal that I really started to appreciate the combat in this game, and how much depth there is to it. No matter whether you are playing as Yunica, whose playstyle is basically the same as for Adol in Oath and Ark, as Hugo who is the first ranged character in Ys, or as Toal who is a close range melee fighter, with next to no defence (forcing you to stun-lock enemies to avoid damage). The game works, the enemies provide a challenge, and especially the boss fights always "work", in fact I'm fairly sure there are certain attacks they only do against certain characters, meaning Falcom had to essentially tune each boss for three characters.
And I haven't begun looking at how things change in the higher difficulties. (Each playthrough, btw, is fairly short, 9 for my first, 6 for my second, and just above 5 for the third).

The story takes place before the events of Ys I and II, explaining a bit about how Ys became this floating island you find it as in those games. It also links it with the plot of Ark of Napishtim, essentially tying all Ys games so far nicely together.

And god, the music in this is absolutely amazing, never got old, and quite a few amazing tracks you only hear when playing as Toal.

To summarize, this really feels like it perfected what came before. Not surprised that after having a game with multiple characters and abilities, they didn't want to go back to the previous style with Adol only. Looking forward to what Ys: Seven does with this idea, though I doubt it will be as well honed and polished as Ys Origin, that only happens when you have something to build upon.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oath of Felghana is still the best Ys game for me,I prefer the locations and story.

but Origin is definitely the best gameplay wise

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Have fun
Tho unless u already have a Halloween game, why not save it for that ;p

Halloween is not something that we celebrate here so it's not like have habit of playing something special for Halloween. On the other hand i have 2 weeks to finish my 52 games challenge, when RDR2 comes it will be good bye world XD

Status
Not open for further replies.