• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Origin users, how long does it take to update the client? My brother has been trying to update his for like 5 hours and its just crawling. Anything he needs to do incase its a bug, like delete some files or something?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Origin users, how long does it take to update the client? My brother has been trying to update his for like 5 hours and its just crawling. Anything he needs to do incase its a bug, like delete some files or something?
Umm it takes me a few mins to update origin >_>;
Ive heard of bad experience with us and eu perps updating origin so i think it is a server issue on ea side.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes it can get bugged. Just close the process and open it again. Thats how it worked out for me last time.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Umm it takes me a few mins to update origin >_>;
Ive heard of bad experience with us and eu perps updating origin so i think it is a server issue on ea side.

Could be, think today starts an Apex Legend Halloween event.

Sometimes it can get bugged. Just close the process and open it again. Thats how it worked out for me last time.

Told me he has restarted it a couple of times. Maybe later when the servers can breathe it will work...

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't like the first game, I suppose this one won't change my mind, right?
Imo the best part in those two games were the DLCs where you play as the elves, Celebrimbor and Eltariel. They both have a unique playstyle compared to the main games and their stories don't drag much.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Pokemon is finally coming to PC

Pokemon was always a PC franchise.

61DQATAQMNL.jpg

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
11 minutes into Disco Elysium, and I am the greatest detective of all time.

yR666ev.png

1 gift from Shogun

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Shogun Shogun!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Shogun said:
Halloween is almost upon us.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dreadout - Keepers of the Dark - Won by Equirah Equirah (2 entries)

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not able to launch either DX11/12.exe of Control after the photo update through Steam? Never seen this before - it was working fine. Now it shuts down right before the main menu saying I have to launch it through EGS?

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That Fanatical sale has some really good deals. Almost feels like the old days when Steam sales were exciting. Tempted to jump on Blasphemous for 35% off.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not able to launch either DX11/12.exe of Control after the photo update through Steam? Never seen this before - it was working fine. Now it shuts down right before the main menu saying I have to launch it through EGS?
Have you tried launching through the regular Control.exe that gives you the option between the 2 APIs?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That Fanatical sale has some really good deals. Almost feels like the old days when Steam sales were exciting. Tempted to jump on Blasphemous for 35% off.
Actually these discount prices aren't all that impressive since for the most part they match prior discounts these games had, and likely will have in the future.
Like South Park Fbw was $6 between Aug 19 to Sep. 19th at least on a few sites

Soul Calibur 6 has been sub $20 before as well, and will be sub $20 in the near future I suspect

So yeah, unless you plan on playing some of these now or soon, best to double check the discount they got first, then grab then if you plan on playing them now or soon.

EDIT: Oh and Blasphemous has been sub $20 for Steam ver. for a while now; while Fanatical is offering it for $16 during this flash sale, a few sites are offering it for a little under $20

Expect to see this exact same discount in the next couple of months at least.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Trine 3-
DDD27C4B3ABB389A063FD829C187EAAC32A19B57

IMO Frozenbyte could make a decent 3d adventure platformer, but not under the Trine brand. Amadeus complicates things because having him move 3D objects around in 3D is tricky.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Actually these discount prices aren't all that impressive since for the most part they match prior discounts these games had, and likely will have in the future.
I think presentation has a huge impact on how good people think sales are. Labeling something a "FLASH DEAL" triggers something that will make people view it in a different way than a normal deal over a weekend or something. People around me are really bad at comparing prices, I've noticed, often "falling for" the flashy deals that might not be better (and often worse) than deals happening everywhere else.

Most of these Fanatical deals will probably also happen in a "less exiting" way during Steam's Winter Sale, but I would say waiting for the Winter Sale is better since it probably comes with a few more incentives and might have even lower princes since it's a few months away.

But it's great if you wanna play the games right now, of course, and you can't find a current lower price on isthereanydeal.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Surely you want the most used stick in the most natural and comfortable position? Your hands don't rest as open crab claws. Absolute mad men going with familiarity over actual comfort.
the natural position my thumbs rest at on a controller is between the sticks and the buttons so it makes no difference in that regard.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I think presentation has a huge impact on how good people think sales are. Labeling something a "FLASH DEAL" triggers something that will make people view it in a different way than a normal deal over a weekend or something. People around me are really bad at comparing prices, I've noticed, often "falling for" the flashy deals that might not be better (and often worse) than deals happening everywhere else.

Most of these Fanatical deals will probably also happen in a "less exiting" way during Steam's Winter Sale, but I would say waiting for the Winter Sale is better since it probably comes with a few more incentives and might have even lower princes since it's a few months away.

But it's great if you wanna play the games right now, of course, and you can't find a current lower price on isthereanydeal.
Oh I agree. I myself try and avoid FOMO (Fear of missing out) as much as possible, esp. lately
Flash deals stopped impressing me due to actually missing out due to time differences and the fact that...well I already have games I can play in the interm for that game to hit the 'flash deal' discount again or lower XP

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people still unironically want flash sales back to steam.
Only cause it lead to price mistakes, although they were cracking on those in the later years, the current system you get what you get and that's it.
I get that it added some excitement to see what the new deals would be or if any fuck-ups happened but now they treat you as a human with a life.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All of my recent game purchases come from Fanatical, although its lack of roster is disappointing; I had several cases where I checked Fanatical to check the price of good indie game, like Into The Breach for example, only to see it's not even sold there.

Status
Not open for further replies.