• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese version had only a single difficulty which is the "normal" option in the WW version, the WW version comes with an extra "hard" option.

Both are ... not very good options from my experience.
"Normal" had this bad habit of if you're just going through the story whatever boss you come across is increasingly hard to the point of being unbeatable if you're underprepared (and you'd lose a good chunk of progress) and if you farm even the slightest bit they're laughably easy.

For some reason the base price is 5 euros higher in EU

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of Wingamestore's good deals these days are region restricted in the US.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

stumbled upon it and had never heard of this

seems like it could be a fun puzzle game and they clearly put a lot of love into it

and patrick stewart is in it so

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Going off recent updates, is Steel Division 2 (or its predecessor) worth it for the singleplayer content?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RPS had an article about Felix, writer was a bit disappointed iirc. I'll check it out regardless on my laptop since it's on GP.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you played wandersong? It is happy even when it is kinda blue

Loved the trailer music of this one xD

Yeah, I remember tracking Wandersong back when it launched.

People really seem to dig it but alas, I'm just not into adventure-platformers.

Looks totally bliss either way though so props for that.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Shockingly chill developer Deadtoast and surprisingly uptight game label Devolver Digital have released the Code Yellow Update for My Friend Pedro on Nintendo Switch and PC! The new free update brings fourteen full throttle game modifiers to the slow motion gun ballet along with much requested features like an in-game timer for speedrunners, hidden HUD option, and more. The Code Yellow Update is ushered in with a 30% off discount on My Friend Pedro on Nintendo Switch and Steam through the weekend so join the nearly half million folks that have gone bananas already.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
why does the Xbox app not let me move my installed games between drives

Steam has this, apparently Origin does too, but GOG Galaxy and uPlay don't?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Is gamepass actually unironically good on pc!?
Yeah I've had no issues with it at all and the library of games is great. The Xbox App has been snappy, installations are happening at a fine speed and the games have been running without issues. I've only played smaller titles so far (RiME, Blair Witch, The Stillness of the Wind, Gardens Between, Riverbond and a bit of My Time at Portia) but it's been a smooth experience so far.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, if I could trust the Windows Store to actually work, to actually finish a download of a game I've bought, and to actually launch a game I've bought instead of exiting to desktop immediately due to some Store glitch.
Somethings wrong on your side, it works fine for me , haven't had a glitch since state of decay 2 release. even does dls from a mobile app now.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Somethings wrong on your side, it works fine for me , haven't had a glitch since state of decay 2 release. even does dls from a mobile app now.
Well, it's not only me. The official forums for the games had topics about these issues with other users, and MS were zero help. The best tip seems to be to reinstall Windows. Maybe it'll work more consistently then. Maybe it won't. When everything else on my system works fine I'm not going to jump through those hoops because of their broken Store just on the chance it maybe gets better.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing, when literally every other store/launcher downloads, installs and launches games without a hitch, the blame goes to Microsoft, not the end user. Having said that, I haven't had any problems lately, aside from that weird Saint Row 4 behavior which is probably on Volition.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
The Rise of Industry 2.0 mega patch of death is now live on the experimental branch, set to go live to everyone else on the 24th of October

2.0 adds Layouts as seen in other games. Make your own and easily share it on the workshop, or just use someone else's.
021e7b254a2e26fc2eb03eb932229607abd3603b.png

Also a load of other bits, seasons (cosmetic only), a new assistant to help people out and bug fixes. Full (very long) changelog here

The 2130 DLC is also out on the 24th and will be around £10. Not just a reskin. New products, new stuff, moar gaem.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not only me. The official forums for the games had topics about these issues with other users, and MS were zero help. The best tip seems to be to reinstall Windows. Maybe it'll work more consistently then. Maybe it won't. When everything else on my system works fine I'm not going to jump through those hoops because of their broken Store just on the chance it maybe gets better.
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was only you windows is notoriously buggy af, but it works fine for me and the people I know who use it, so it can work fine. I did reinstall windows last year so that probably helped.

There is a way to get windows to reinstall windows store, that might help (it fixed the state of decay issue I was having).

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The Rise of Industry 2.0 mega patch of death is now live on the experimental branch, set to go live to everyone else on the 24th of October

Also a load of other bits, seasons (cosmetic only), a new assistant to help people out and bug fixes. Full (very long) changelog here

Holy guacamole that changelog!

Looking forward to a revisit when I get some breathing room in my schedule.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was only you windows is notoriously buggy af, but it works fine for me and the people I know who use it, so it can work fine. I did reinstall windows last year so that probably helped.

There is a way to get windows to reinstall windows store, that might help (it fixed the state of decay issue I was having).
There is? Maybe I'll look into that. Maybe it's even been fixed behind the scenes already. Google for "Gears of War 4 won't launch" or similar, plenty of posts about it. The game worked flawlessly for months then suddenly wouldn't launch, with no changes on my computer. One tip on the official forum was to download some small game from the Store, then try to launch Gears. GTFO with that. Just fix your damn Store.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Possibly wrong forum, but I just got up and running and booted up destiny 2. When I change video settings some.options are blue and some gray, confused as to why. I picked the default highest setting preset and nothing seems to be impacted by doing so in any negative way.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Origin just updated my Mass Effect 2 with a 1 GB patch. I really hope that doesn't break my mods. It's been a pain to get them all to work and I've been carefully transferring the games between PCs for years to not mess it up with reinstalls or anything.
The only thing I can find about it is all just "emulator updates" for Xbox and that doesn't really tell me anything.
(I obviously have like three backups of the working setup, but still. An update feels odd.)

Status
Not open for further replies.