• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_anger

Dec 13, 2018
I think I've been sleeping hard on this game, especially after the previous game that was somewhat of a letdown. It's been a long time since I've played a good 2D platformer too. Most of the reviews seem to be super positive.

This one is that much better? The first one was a letdown for me as well.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh that's a good point, actually. Wasn't thinking of the context there.

I dunno how they could pull off another prequel or w/e, but if anyone can do it, it's Deck Nine. BTS had no business being as good as it was.

I'd love to play a Racheal game that takes place between BTS and LiS 1. Feel like that's the missing link. And would give us one last look at characters we care about.

Yep. Something happened between BTS and LiS 1 to Rachel, and if anyone could give us a satisfying story as to what that was, it'd be Deck Nine. Honestly after how good BTS was I'd be there day one for anything they put out in the Life is Strange universe.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've read that now is a good time to purchase a CPU/MB/RAM. I have an i5 setup that's probably 2-3 years old at this point paired with a 1080. What should I be looking at for a good value upgrade that'll last a few years and run upcoming games fairly well? My machine has no issues with stuff like AC Odyssey running in a "2K" 144hz monitor.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I've read that now is a good time to purchase a CPU/MB/RAM. I have an i5 setup that's probably 2-3 years old at this point paired with a 1080. What should I be looking at for a good value upgrade that'll last a few years and run upcoming games fairly well? My machine has no issues with stuff like AC Odyssey running in a "2K" 144hz monitor.

You should probably go with AMD, if you want bigger upgrade go for Ryzen 7 if you want to go with smaller upgrade Ryzen 5 from 3000 series. Based on current games 8 cores is maximum used by games, after that you don't see difference in many games (FPS stays the same). So Ryzen 7 3700X should be your best bet. Now with MB is bit different. Newer x570 still have some issues that will be ironed out and they have PCI Express 4.0, but x470 are more stable and refined at this point but without PCI Express 4.0. And if you go with AMD get fastest RAM you can at reasonable price, that is basically what matters the most for RAM.

m_anger

Dec 13, 2018
I need to remind y'all that Microids is releasing the following games in December
Blacksad
Garfield Kart
Asterix & Obelix XXL 3
Titeuf Mega Party (remaster)

Anyways, Doom Slayer moves HELLA fast in Doom (2016). Like I've completely forgotten how speedy he is compared to many other shooting games from the era and prior decade.

Can't wait for Blacksad. I really hope it's going to be good.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
More info about Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance

Features of Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance includes:
  • New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
  • More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican and Nationalist Spain, as well as an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict..
  • Espionage: Use you Intelligence Agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and develop passive resistance to enemy espionage, then send them on special operations.
  • Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
  • Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you've conquered your target.
  • Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
  • Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.

It sounds great. This, plus Stellaris: Federations and Battletech: Heavy Metal...

source.gif

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Stellaris: Lithoids too!

They've pivotted on Species packs, so now they contain some new gameplay on top of the usual cosmetic element.

And the mineral ships are beautiful
ss_f8191015e59f0cc2be003adae8556f5e5d5d86c1.1920x1080.jpg

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
So about the Humble Monthly, i can only sub for one month and pause the sub and keep the Classic plan when it goes live?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

This looks very good. Though it should really be called MI6, as WW2 is where that name came from.

ss_43229c1f96fa706421852a2c93050959e1a83ae1.1920x1080.jpg

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Stellaris: Lithoids too!

They've pivotted on Species packs, so now they contain some new gameplay on top of the usual cosmetic element.

I'm glad that they have decided to go with gameplay changes for species packs. I was not a fan of purely cosmetic packs. It looks like they are going to be mineral heavy (also holy shit with the puns in the steam page).

This looks very good. Though it should really be called MI6, as WW2 is where that name came from.

It looks really good. With the last couple of DLCs HoI IV is comming up nicely.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
CK3! It'll take a year or longer and a bunch of DLC to get to where CK2 already is, I'm sure, but that just means I can play CK3 for the more vanilla experience while keeping CK2 for weird post-post-apocalyptic Americas and all the other big mods.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You should probably go with AMD, if you want bigger upgrade go for Ryzen 7 if you want to go with smaller upgrade Ryzen 5 from 3000 series. Based on current games 8 cores is maximum used by games, after that you don't see difference in many games (FPS stays the same). So Ryzen 7 3700X should be your best bet. Now with MB is bit different. Newer x570 still have some issues that will be ironed out and they have PCI Express 4.0, but x470 are more stable and refined at this point but without PCI Express 4.0. And if you go with AMD get fastest RAM you can at reasonable price, that is basically what matters the most for RAM.

are there any compatibility issues running an nvidia gpu with an amd setup?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
So about the Humble Monthly, i can only sub for one month and pause the sub and keep the Classic plan when it goes live?

Apparently so. The legacy pricing won't lapse as long as you have that sub active, paused or not.

If you want to get the Classic plan you will need to ensure that you are currently an active subscriber of Humble Monthly prior to the launch of Humble Choice. If your subscription is paused when Humble Choice has launched you will still be converted over to the Classic plan. You can check your subscription status here (or check out this support article for help) to make sure you are an active subscriber or make the necessary adjustments to subscribe!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Aftermath chapter in Gears of War Judgement. That was such a big improvement over any chapter from base game. Much more balanced, story focused and with better level design.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018

The Secret Intelligence Service predates the First World War being constituted in 1909 as the Secret Service Bureau before being named SIS in 1920. It was called MI6 during WW2 but that was just the most common name it used. Also MI6 wouldn't have anything to do with Resistance groups by 20 August 1941, that would have been handled by the Special Operation Executive.

poropat

Created an alt account to abuse the GiftBot system
Banned
Aug 23, 2018

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
People keep talking about a 20 percent Humble Store discount with the monthly, but mine is only 15 percent? Is it because I'm a filthy Australian?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I bought the Humble Monthly for November and cancelled right away.

Is it possible to subscribe again without automatically paying for December? I want to be able to pull the "pause" trick with the grandfathered perk.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed that Valve added new servers/download region in Croatia. That is now closest one for me (Hungary was previous closest one).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I bought the Humble Monthly for November and cancelled right away.

Is it possible to subscribe again without automatically paying for December? I want to be able to pull the "pause" trick with the grandfathered perk.
Did you cancel or pause? I was under the impression those are different actions. If it's the latter, you may need to remember to pause again each month.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Did you cancel or pause? I was under the impression those are different actions. If it's the latter, you may need to remember to pause again each month.

I cancelled. That was a stupid move as there was no hurry: I could have waited until the end of November!

jr1eE1I.png

With the new system, pausing is the best choice.

I'm not sure but I don't think that's possible without paying again.

So, to be extra safe, I should blindly buy the December bundle now, in case Humble Choice goes live soon. :'(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.