• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
OMG you have to go further than THAT. But once you realize where the kid is, you can just stop playing the storyline.
Haha I knoooow, but I can't settle on which of my... 14 (?) characters should be the first one to meet people and whatnot. And I get distracted by exploration and side stuff.
Sadly the move to my new PC at the start of the year borked Vortex enough that all my modding got completely messed up. I have to mod it back from scratch so I have not played for ages now. That's why I hate relying on mod managers but with Bethesda games I just cannot get into doing it all manually.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haha I knoooow, but I can't settle on which of my... 14 (?) characters that should be the first one to meet people and whatnot. And I get distracted by exploration and side stuff.

They should all meet everyone. The question is whether they should kill different people.
But seriously, you stick with Minutemen until you own the whole state....you stick with Brotherhood of Steel until they let you on the blimp, and then you jump off the side. You can come back later and decide whether to support/oppose their leader. And the biggest question is whether to let Mama die or not lol.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
They should all meet everyone. The question is whether they should kill different people.
But seriously, you stick with Minutemen until you own the whole state....you stick with Brotherhood of Steel until they let you on the blimp, and then you jump off the side. You can come back later and decide whether to support/oppose their leader. And the biggest question is whether to let Mama die or not lol.
Yeah I have a.. bit of a spreadsheet. Maybe. For all of them and lots of the choices and stuff. And they are all gonna be paired with a different main companion. I play BioWare games the same way. 12 Shepards and 8 Inquisitions and so on.
I just have to get back to modding it which I plan to do next year. I want to focus a bit on my big replayable RPGs and get some of them completed. It felt so good to be really really done with Mass Effect 1 once and for all this year.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have a.. bit of a spreadsheet. Maybe. For all of them and lots of the choices and stuff. And they are all gonna be paired with a different main companion. I play BioWare games the same way. 12 Shepards and 8 Inquisitions and so on.
I just have to get back to modding it which I plan to do next year. I want to focus a bit on my big replayable RPGs and get some of them completed. It felt so good to be really really done with Mass Effect 1 once and for all this year.
It's a bit difficult to know what to say!

I just keep mental track. Which does lead to doing basically the same playthrough repeatedly.....but some companions suck. Like Lydia levels of suck.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
It's a bit difficult to know what to say!
Are you saying this isn't the common way to play!? I am shook! :D

I just keep mental track. Which does lead to doing basically the same playthrough repeatedly.....but some companions suck. Like Lydia levels of suck.
Yeah that's what I want to make sure doesn't happen. I mean, would I have used James in Mass Effect 3 without making tons of different Shepards? Nopenopenope. If you go through the game once or up to like three or four times then it would be silly to bring him over party members that are much more integral to the story.
But that also means I wouldn't get to experience the occasional fun banter and comments. And I can't stand the thought of that!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I actually made some waffles like two days ago, but feel like doing some again.
Buying that waffle maker 2 weeks ago was probably my best investment of 2019. I regret nothing.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I actually made some waffles like two days ago, but feel like doing some again.
Buying that waffle maker 2 weeks ago was probably my best investment of 2019. I regret nothing.
Money well spent
PortlyFearfulJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am arguing with Rockstar Support again XD When i ask them why can't i buy RDR2 from Rockstar Launcher Store but i can buy every other game from Rockstar Warehouse they just send me ToS to read. Then i ask them if that means that me purchasing game from Humble Store can be considered breaking their ToS they can't say xD When i ask them why my country is blocked they can't say. It really is crazy situation.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate but often find CRPGs boring. Forced myself to play several hours of both PoE II and D:OS2 before bouncing off.

Disco Elysium is fucking phenomenal and it's all I want to spend my time doing. I went into it wanting to be a huge fucking scumbag and the writing, world and characters are so good that it has me putting a lot of thought into my conversations, and a lot of nuance into how I interact with those around me. I can't say the same for any of the other games I've played like this, where I'm just trying to find the optimal "good" or "bad" dialog routes. It's just super impressive, original stuff. Can't believe how good it is.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Almost finished Felix the Repear and it's a prime example of style over substance. More smaller levels with more comedic death sequences would have been better than these few long broken up levels full of busy work.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am arguing with Rockstar Support again XD When i ask them why can't i buy RDR2 from Rockstar Launcher Store but i can buy every other game from Rockstar Warehouse they just send me ToS to read. Then i ask them if that means that me purchasing game from Humble Store can be considered breaking their ToS they can't say xD When i ask them why my country is blocked they can't say. It really is crazy situation.

Just buy the game with a VPN. Connect -> launch RGL -> select your actual country when inputting your billing info -> pay with PayPal or whatever.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Nah i won't risk my account. I will get it on Humble Store, i have all rockstar games and while that upgrade to Premium Edition is tempting i will be fine without it. I am more curious why they blocked my country.

While the ToS does say your billing info must be accurate, you can input your actual billing info, country and all, without impacting the price you'll pay, so technically it's not against the rules. ;)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
While the ToS does say your billing info must be accurate, you can input your actual billing info, country and all, without impacting the price you'll pay, so technically it's not against the rules. ;)

We are talking about R* and Take2 here, they cover their asses XD And i have some walled money on Humble so i will use that, i paid full price for PS4, i am not paying full price on PC too xD

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to assume that my free copy of The Outer Worlds (AMD deal) is going to be through the Epic launcher...I know nothing about it, is it locked down like the Windows Store, or more like Steam? Curious about how mods will work.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Almost finished Felix the Repear and it's a prime example of style over substance. More smaller levels with more comedic death sequences would have been better than these few long broken up levels full of busy work.

sounds like it's one of those games that runs out of ideas well before the end and confuses making levels larger and longer with actual challenge or depth. shame. ah well, I'll still give it a try at some point anyway

Oct 25, 2017
So if you have not heard, crusader kings 2 is free now. You can get old gods dlc for signing up for some newsletter on their website. Anyway... how long/hard is it to actually get into this game? I have heard it takes quite a long time before it becomes enjoyable. Not sure if I should even try because recently I have little patience.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a learning curve for sure - but if you play these kind of games a lot it'll be a relatively easy transition. Even the base game is fun tbh. I played that for a long time before I bought some of the good dlcs.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
chat windows always flash in the taskbar even though I've always had it set to never flash. Pretty annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.