• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Good news. OpenCritic is an awesome website, I am sure that the staff is going to do an amazing work. Or is it what "powered by OpenCritic" means?

Edit: It is just the equivalent of Enhanced Steam. OpenCritic staff was not hired.

yXRuc7B.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
New steam library.
What the fuck is this stupid shit.
I had the list of installed stuff in grid view, 1 click and I'm playing, 1 fucking click. Now this bloated shit uses almost 1 gb of ram, loads 3 times as long, shows useless trash what's new. To play I have to switch to dynamic collection of installed games, click on a game, go to spam landing page, click on play. Why the fuck would I need all that noise.
And all those vertical cancer tiles lol, just suck your free dota money and gtfo.

And the kicker
y1xaR6o.png

this trash doesn't even function properly
This is not a healthy way to react to a new UI.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Well, new thread is ready to go. That's right, I'm spending my Halloween getting the new thread ready for all you fine people. Title suggestions pls!

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Maybe I pretend too much but is there something to automatically update the ugly incomplete cover art in the new steam library?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Just signed up for a year of Origin Premier. I had $10 left on my basic subscription, which they refunded, so for a year I paid $90. Not too shabby. Looking forward to Fallen Order; it's just sitting there in my library, waiting to pre-load. Oh and Plague Tale and Darksiders III are on Premier; two games I've been wanting to play.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Anonymous said:
GMG mystery key. It's probably either Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Hitman, or Streets of Rogue. I don't know for sure.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Mystery Game - Won by bmdubya bmdubya (1 entry)

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hahahahaha what happened to no reviews allowed? Sure showed them Timmy with your spat attacks at the customer!

Also, that Steam Library thread. Fucking yeesh what hot takes galore that is.
Eh it has always been no user reviews. So they're not really going back on something they said this time

Unlike no sales, and no bad games

Oct 25, 2017
"No mandatory sales"
>has sales without warning pubs or devs, burning their public image for removing games or changing prices
"but uh it wasn't mandatory"
"No shitty games"
>say no to Assault Android Cactus but yes to RollerCoaster mobile bullshit
"No user reviews"
>puts opencritic in
"We said no users"

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Hahahahaha what happened to no reviews allowed? Sure showed them Timmy with your spat attacks at the customer!

Also, that Steam Library thread. Fucking yeesh what hot takes galore that is.
The issue was review bombing, which does happen. Tim also talked about adding reviews at least as far back as December last year.

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually an interesting idea. If someone publishes a game and doesn't allow reviews for it, I can put them in the trash list and not bother with their games ever.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Steam gripe: Just realised there's no expand all or minimize all button for the collections in the left hand side list of games.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Eh it has always been no user reviews. So they're not really going back on something they said this time

Unlike no sales, and no bad games
The issue was review bombing, which does happen. Tim also talked about adding reviews at least as far back as December last year.

I understand the point of it being a critic-orientated review system but it still feels like them dancing around previous arguments against review systems that actually could help customers decide on a purchase. Yeah review bombing can suck dependent of the situation but I really dislike having absolutely no choice to read user opinions and not just critic views. I align to some degree with some critics but for the most part I feel they are not as representative as a raw user review may be. Though in saying this the Epic Store has gone back on a lot of what they said they wouldn't do so who knows really, maybe they'll finally implement AUD and not keep charging me a regional pricing hit and a conversion rate hit that makes games stupidly priced.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
ffs rockstar launcher

vice city doesnt work for me, says it cant find 640x480 mode

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
cCeoZHC.jpg

Oh man, the new game banners are AMAZING.

I typically have 30-50 games installed at any time. A lot of mainstays that will never move (CK2) but mostly stuff in active rotation or things I like to pick away at over time.

Seeing all those gorgeous banners instantly reminds me of what might have been sitting on the shelf for too long and makes them look way more attractive than a simple text line on the left of the screen. Makes me wanna impulse-play a lot of those titles.

Really cool that the images float up when you mouse over them with the addition of a pop-up menu cycling screenshots and info.

SUPER happy with it on first blush.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
cCeoZHC.jpg

I typically have 30-50 games installed at any time. A lot of mainstays that will never move (CK2) but mostly stuff in active rotation or things I like to pick away at over time.

Seeing all those gorgeous banners instantly reminds me of what might have been sitting on the shelf for too long and makes them look way more attractive than a simple text line on the left of the screen. Makes me wanna impulse-play a lot of those titles.

Really cool that the images float up when you mouse over them with the addition of a pop-up menu cycling screenshots and info.

Best part for me is the "whats new". When you play so many games that get updates, it is nice to get a reminder when some old game you uninstalled gets a major thing.

Now, my main complains/requests:
-Ability to reorganize yourself in alphabetical order / change name titles (for sequels that might not be in correct order)
-More power in Dynamic collection: Publisher and Developer EDIT: and Franchise
-Easier ability to select what events you want to see from each dev (and ability to do it from a game page too)
-Add a "random recomendation". Use the current deep learning algorithm they have to recommend you a game you own but havent played for a while.
-Add tag information in the detail view in the game pages:
unknown.png

-Add a "More like this" tab that shows other recomendations you can purchase from the store (example for Stellaris):
unknown.png

-Event Calendar. I want it as soon as possible, with ability to create own events in groups.
-Possibility of Only having the List view (as some people ask for it)
Edit:
Let me choose the tile size without going into Library Settings, directly from the top corner as in the previous grid design.
Improve the achivements so that they have different types of shiny depending on rarity (not only the less or equal 10%) and have the shininess stay in the achivement page.
Let me organize the order of the community features in the right side of the games. For instance I would like to have Workshop on top:
unknown.png

On the grid images, the install button that is on the down left side should becomes the play button once installed, so you can launch games from there in a single button press (left uninstalled and right installed, WHY DOESNT THE RIGHT ONE HAVE A QUICK PLAY BUTTON)
unknown.png
unknown.png

Last edited:

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I am baffled by all the steam UI hate. I tried it for 10 minutes and thought it was brilliant. Technical issues aside, whats new feature, dynamic collections-snapshot, adding shelves to the home page, organizing any category by hours played, metacritc, last played etc, showcasing all community friends activity with each game.

I have no doubt Valve will constantly be adding new features and improvements as time goes by.

What happened to DLC section of the library?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I am baffled by all the steam UI hate. I tried it for 10 minutes and thought it was brilliant. Technical issues aside, whats new feature, dynamic collections-snapshot, adding shelves to the home page, organizing any category by hours played, metacritc, last played etc, showcasing all community friends activity with each game.

I have no doubt Valve will constantly be adding new features and improvements as time goes by.

Eh, people tend to hate changes until they get used to it / their workflow adapts to it (and this change seems to have removed something that many liked in the small view). Same happened with the Chat update tbf.

You can manage the DLC now from the game page, if you scroll down:
unknown.png

unknown.png

And that reminds me another thing I want to change on the UI lol.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
How do those dynamic collections work? Can I have a game in my own category/collection and also in two or three of those dynamic ones?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
cCeoZHC.jpg

in case you didn't know about it, steamgriddb is lit

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
How do those dynamic collections work? Can I have a game in my own category/collection and also in two or three of those dynamic ones?
Games can be in more than one collection / dynamic collection .

Dynamic collection automatically grab any game that features the characteristics given (such as Tags, being installed (if uninstalled it is removed)). A game can be in more than 1 dynamic collection or 1 collection at the same time

Edit: Another thing I want added is that the install button that is on the down left side becomes the play button once installed, so you can launch games from the capsule.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway to add rockstar launcher games to steam without it opening the launcher instead of the game and then stopping? I want the overlay

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018

What's new section is my and most people's complaint, i dont care for that and there is no option currently to remove it. Also you have to scroll to see your games.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Screenshots thing from the new library needs to let you browse the next screenshot when viewing one. It would make looking at more than one so much easier.

Plus an easy way to check if it was uploaded already.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It was possible to play with 1 mouse click, uninstall with 1 as well. The features you mentioned is 'playing steam' like rearranging 100 icons in a folder manually in pixel perfect positions in win xp. In every folder.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
What's New is an excellent addition. I don't mind scrolling through my community page but this is way easier to see what all's going on. Hopefully it encourages more devs to post that kinda stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.