• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
817181596da53a62e63586af4a3334433e1e818f.jpg

I use my Rockband foot pedal as an extra button. I guess that counts toward Rockband instrument users then. I'm surprised there are so many though.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Happens in Alpine Ridge. Not the best screenshot but basically that wall will remain raised if you're in 60+ FPS and you need to swap to 30 to have it descend in order to progress.

You can swap to 30 as soon as you're in front of it and swap back immediately after you pass it though, so it's not that big a deal if you know what you're looking out for.

3d1c5380c7015a1db2b7857487e924f7.jpg
I did this at 60 fps and didn't have a problem. Just needed to wait a bit.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of mascot platformers playing Crash Trilogy with analog stick, at least for the first game, is a big no-no. Dpad is way more comfortable and that's how I remember the game anyway.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I did this at 60 fps and didn't have a problem. Just needed to wait a bit.

Strange, I must've sat there for a good 2-3 minutes seeing if I could wait it out / maneuver in a way that would trigger it. Even tried dying a couple times to see if it'd sort things out. Only thing that worked for me was the framerate swap.

I seem to have a gift for running into bugs lately.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Hm it's a shame Spyro has some trouble with high refresh rate. Characters slide around when above 120fps and I just ran into a level that is impossible to complete when higher than 30. One of the gates in the area wouldn't open. You can switch the framerate on the fly, but it's not a great look to have to do that. I hope there aren't more problems like that.
Yes, its mentioned on PCGW page
Going above 30 FPS with Vsync turned off or setting the framerate cap to 60 causes certain animations and game functions to break[1]. Disable the internal framerate cap by setting the in-game max framerate option to "Unlimited" and enable Vsync to fix issues, such as doors not opening, Ground not resetting, or if you have slower-than-normal super-charge[2]

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having an issue with Steam lately where it'll spam the ever loving shit out of "preparing to launch X game" and won't launch anything. First I thought it was a specific problem related to the game, but happens on a lot. Seems to start happening after playing something off steam. Restart fixes it but annoying. All the gooogles are about 2015ish in origin and deal with deleting clientregistry blob that steam doesn't really appear to use anymore.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Having an issue with Steam lately where it'll spam the ever loving shit out of "preparing to launch X game" and won't launch anything. First I thought it was a specific problem related to the game, but happens on a lot. Seems to start happening after playing something off steam. Restart fixes it but annoying. All the gooogles are about 2015ish in origin and deal with deleting clientregistry blob that steam doesn't really appear to use anymore.
Like it goes "preparing to launch" then just stops? In my experience, that's due to the game, not Steam--the .exe is silently crashing when launched. You can check if that's the issue by observing it in the task manager.

I think mine were generally due to older games needing compatibility mods to work. Maybe one time where a game's launcher was messed up. The solution depends a lot on the game.

Another thing to check is whether Steam is installing the prereq files for said games. IIRC the one time that happened to me it produced a similar error. Required software should be in the game's folder--manually installing it will fix the issue. (Or deleting that

Not sure if any of this is what's causing your issue, but I hope it narrows things down for you.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like it goes "preparing to launch" then just stops? In my experience, that's due to the game, not Steam--the .exe is silently crashing when launched. You can check if that's the issue by observing it in the task manager.

I think mine were generally due to older games needing compatibility mods to work. Maybe one time where a game's launcher was messed up. The solution depends a lot on the game.

Another thing to check is whether Steam is installing the prereq files for said games. IIRC the one time that happened to me it produced a similar error. Required software should be in the game's folder--manually installing it will fix the issue. (Or deleting that

Not sure if any of this is what's causing your issue, but I hope it narrows things down for you.

No, it literally spams the ever living shitm out of the preparing the launch setup over and over. The game isn't launching at all. I had 3 people message me to wonder WTF was going on and why I was spamming them that I was crashing trying to play Crash Bandicoot. It happened with another game too, though I'm not sure which one. Might have been Surge 2.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
No, it literally spams the ever living shitm out of the preparing the launch setup over and over. The game isn't launching at all. I had 3 people message me to wonder WTF was going on and why I was spamming them that I was crashing trying to play Crash Bandicoot. It happened with another game too, though I'm not sure which one. Might have been Surge 2.
Ohhh, yeah, that's a Steam issue.

I'd check if the issue is fixed in the beta, or a known issue or w/e, and report it to Valve. That sounds pretty bad.

Beyond that, I dunno. Refresh Steam, I guess. (I would not recommend actually uninstalling Steam because IIRC that removes all games.) As to how to do that, hopefully someone else can explain it because I've never tried it; it involves actually deleting core Steam files, IIRC.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It is by a large margin. More and more games ship with native Dual shock support nowadays.

817181596da53a62e63586af4a3334433e1e818f.jpg

I still use my 360 controller sometimes because it still works fine but I prefer the DS4 so I've been using it more and more lately. I'm not retiring my 360 controller until it stops working though, I also need the DS4 for my PS4 and they're expensive as hell. I'm glad I found a great deal for my PS4 back when I bought it which included an extra DS4, so I actually have 2.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the PC version of Greedfall broken in any major way, or is it good to go ?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

People who don't turn off the "X is playing this game" message have only themselves to blame :)

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Controller talk is always interesting! I mainly use an Elite controller because the paddles are amazing, but I also use a DS4 and a PS1 controller from the PS Classic. The PS1 controller is my controller of choice for games that don't actually have controller support and otherwise use arrow keys, ZXC and the likes. I find that the analogue sticks are mostly in the way and a more basic controller feels better when playing such games.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Anyone know if the PC version of Greedfall broken in any major way, or is it good to go ?
I've been playing it for over 20 hours and I had maybe one crash? There were a few times my char would fall through the level after getting down a ledge, but both times they looped back down to the ground and the game carried on.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the answers, look like im gonna do some good eurojunkin' this week then .

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
It's been a while since I've played a good 'spinning plates' game. Something wherein you're managing meters and maybr a small crew and the like and trying to keep everything from going wrong. Anyone know a good one that could run on low-end computers?
store.steampowered.com

Bomber Crew on Steam

Chocks away! Bomber Crew is a strategic simulation game, where picking the right crew and keeping your bomber in tip top shape is the difference between completing your mission or losing it all! USAAF DLC NOW AVAILABLE! FLY THE ICONIC AMERICAN BOMBER!

Bomber Crew is pretty good for that.

Yep +1 for Bomber Crew. Its one of my favorite games from the last few years.

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of what I actually use, I use an Xbone gamepad and a Qanba Obsidian fight stick.

I've also used 360 controllers, a Steam controller, and a Mayflash F300 in the past.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Playing Korra with Logitech gamepad is one of the worst experience ever. They might as well replaced the trigger button with sharp spikes.

9 gifts from bobnowhere

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 9 gifts from bobnowhere bobnowhere!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

bobnowhere said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: The Flame in the Flood - Won by SuperNHG64 SuperNHG64 (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: The Flame in the Flood - Won by one of us one of us (11 entries)
  • Steam Steam: HIVESWAP: Act 1 - Won by one of us one of us (5 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Flight of the Paladin - Won by Pragmatist Pragmatist (8 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Trip to Vinelands - Won by Pragmatist Pragmatist (8 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Super Destronaut - Won by one of us one of us (7 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Anomaly Korea - Won by Phrost Phrost (6 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Anomaly: Warzone Earth - Won by utricularEwe001 utricularEwe001 (6 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Deep Dungeons of Doom - Won by LoneWolfHunter LoneWolfHunter (8 entries)

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Question to those who hook your PC up to a TV to play, what kind of setup do you use? I built my first gaming PC a couple weeks back, and while I love the extra frames I'm getting in games like Destiny 2 and Apex, I'm finding that I really do not enjoy gaming at my desk. I'm just way more comfortable gaming on the couch, on a 4K TV. With the way my office is configured, my TV setup is about six feet behind where my desk is, so running an HDMI cable would be a bit awkward. Would it be worth looking into buying a steam link, or would I be better served just reconfiguring my entire office to get a wired connection?

I really regret not spending the extra cheddar on a 1440p monitor when I put together my setup. As awesome as it is gaming at 144hz, doing everyday tasks with a 27inch 1080P monitor is hard on the eyes. My next major purchase will definitely be a 4K monitor to replace my 24 inch secondary.

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
Question to those who hook your PC up to a TV to play, what kind of setup do you use? I built my first gaming PC a couple weeks back, and while I love the extra frames I'm getting in games like Destiny 2 and Apex, I'm finding that I really do not enjoy gaming at my desk. I'm just way more comfortable gaming on the couch, on a 4K TV. With the way my office is configured, my TV setup is about six feet behind where my desk is, so running an HDMI cable would be a bit awkward. Would it be worth looking into buying a steam link, or would I be better served just reconfiguring my entire office to get a wired connection?

I really regret not spending the extra cheddar on a 1440p monitor when I put together my setup. As awesome as it is gaming at 144hz, doing everyday tasks with a 27inch 1080P monitor is hard on the eyes. My next major purchase will definitely be a 4K monitor to replace my 24 inch secondary.
I definitely haven't been able to find a way to make Steam Link viable for those kind of graphic intensive games at 4K. I mostly use it for simple 2D couch co-op games (otherwise the delay is unbearable). This is with a 100/100 wired connection, and the Steam Link app on an Nvidia Shield.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

I have my PC sat in a corner next to my TV so use a regular HDMI. Ive stuck a plant in front of it so its pretty tucked away. Steam link is a pretty good option if space is an issue and you dont want cables running around the place.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Day 2 without internet. At least I am half way through Assassin's Creed III Remastered. Game is still good. Encyclopedia of Common Men is basically Discovery Tour before Discovery Tour became a thing XD Connor is still one of the best designed AC protagonists and big part of that is costume. Animations leap from Ezio trilogy is unbelievable. Also cities and atmosphere in them are great and I miss them so much (ancient cities in Origins and Odyssey are kinda boring).

Also Tutorial section is not that long when you play the game for 4th time XD And Remaster runs and looks really nice compared to original release.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Doom delayed? In March too?

Yeah.....I won't be playing it until later 2020 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.