• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
For some reason I tried to redeem COD WW2...and it worked. But I already had the game on Steam, so why the game redeemed?

Did you find out why that worked? Is it a special Humble version/key?
Or did you just activate some DLC you were missing?

Also, what is when someone from Germany (only censored WW2 version in Steam) buys the Monthly?
Does he get the Censored or Uncensored version?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Did you find out why that worked? Is it a special Humble version/key?
Or did you just activate some DLC you were missing?

Also, what is when someone from Germany (only censored WW2 version in Steam) buys the Monthly?
Does he get the Censored or Uncensored version?
Sadly no. What I activated before was the italian key from a physical retail copy I bought here, what Humble activated is a ROW copy but I have no dlcs.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Checked out John Wick Hex quickly. Playing at 4k and in the cutscenes get horrible framedrops to sub 10fps during transitions.
Looks like some kind of memory issue, VRAM usage goes from 3GB to 10+ GB and the stutters happen.
Runs at 300+FPS elswise, didn't even get past cutscenes to see how game plays this is pretty horrible.

2080ti/2700x

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The Hearthstone forum on Reddit looks like what the Artifact forum was: many posts about people quitting. Maybe Artifact could benefit from the situation.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, my 7970 GHz edition GPU finally kick the bucket. :(
I was really hoping it would last for at least one more year, since I decided to wait & build a new PC for around the time the next set of Nvidia GPUs are release. But now in the meantime, I have to spend some of the money I've been saving for my new build, to go towards a GPU for my current PC.

I might as well get a GPU that can handle most games at 1440p & some at 2160p, since I currently have my PC hooked up to my 4k tv. So I'll probably end up buying an EVGA RTX 2070 Super. It seems to be the right card for my situation.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm writing on another forum with some guy that claims he could redeem a region locked key (ROW Uncut Version of COD WW2) in Germany with just changing his Steam country to USA and checking the checkbox " I am U.S. military serving abroad". Does that really work?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a tutorial on how to use nvidia custom resolution scaling + freestyle image sharpening to improve FPS at 4K? Not really sure where to start or look...

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Identical policy to steam's.

Nope - in the UK, we have to "waive your right to refund" before purchasing.
unknown.png

This was Steam's policy before refunds, which they got sued for in Australia iirc. With Steam, you can still ask for refunds afterwards, though its about as unclear as the old days whether they'd honour your refund after significant time played

Hilariously, this is what most consoles do - including Switch - without refunds though

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
After how much shit I've heard about Destiny 2, it's... actually fun, I've only played a couple of hours, but I can see myself getting hooked on it.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
dang the john wick game is that bad? was looking forward to it, still will check it out myself due to egs having a similar "demo" style refund policy to steam

really is my favorite feature in pc gaming lol

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Has anyone played GR: Breakpoint? Played the beta and it seemed broken as shit.

I too played the beta. Seemed to be all over the place really. The AI was brain dead for sure, there's a loot system that determines damage, but you can still headshot everyone in one/two shot/s. I've a feeling it'll be dirt cheap quite soon, and who knows, maybe they'll pull a Siege out of it and fix it up.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For whatever reason the Bradwell Conspiracy doesn't support 1440p or 4k resolutions. Got it for free via the stream so can't complain too much, but probably will just play it later if they patch it in.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
For whatever reason the Bradwell Conspiracy doesn't support 1440p or 4k resolutions. Got it for free via the stream so can't complain too much, but probably will just play it later if they patch it in.
I was thinking of buying it then saw those threads not having 4k support and think I'll wait to see if they patch it in before purchasing

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I'm in the mood for an overhead camera RTS/Strategy game that's not StarCraft. Do they even exist anymore? Should I just grab Civ 6 on sale on Steam?

morrigan8bit

Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Your impression of the beta will likely reflect the retail. The game isn't irredeemable but it definitely needs a lot of work

Agreed. I'm quite enjoying it and it runs without issues on my PC (3800x/2070 Super Overclocked), but it needs a bit more time in the oven.

morrigan8bit

Banned
Jul 1, 2019
yeah something is fucked with the cutscenes, 2080ti in the game normall 200-300fps at 4k, custscenes drop into single digits it's horrible. I can see my VRAM usage go from 3gb to 10+gb when it does a transition in the cutscenes, refunded the game its jank as fuck and not fun at all.

Thanks for the heads up as I was about to pick it up via EGS. If you're having issues on a 2080ti then its safe to assume I will have issues on a 2070 Super, albeit I'm at 1440p.

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
Question to those who hook your PC up to a TV to play, what kind of setup do you use? I built my first gaming PC a couple weeks back, and while I love the extra frames I'm getting in games like Destiny 2 and Apex, I'm finding that I really do not enjoy gaming at my desk. I'm just way more comfortable gaming on the couch, on a 4K TV. With the way my office is configured, my TV setup is about six feet behind where my desk is, so running an HDMI cable would be a bit awkward. Would it be worth looking into buying a steam link, or would I be better served just reconfiguring my entire office to get a wired connection?

I really regret not spending the extra cheddar on a 1440p monitor when I put together my setup. As awesome as it is gaming at 144hz, doing everyday tasks with a 27inch 1080P monitor is hard on the eyes. My next major purchase will definitely be a 4K monitor to replace my 24 inch secondary.
i use an nvidia shield.. the problem is the resolution would be upscaled from whatever your PC is doing, since you're planning on getting a 4k monitor, that's good for you (if your tv is 4k)

Status
Not open for further replies.