• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still disagree with the exclusivity being the only way to compete.

How about you offer MORE features than your competitior? Different ones even. How creatively bankrupt are you when you can't think of a single thing you could do that steam doesn't that would make someone want to shop at your store?

I feel like I've written this out like ten times now and yet the only option is apparently 'exclusives because parity wouldn't matter'. Well no shit, why would anyone shop at an identical store but with less games still.

There's a whole wealth of things they could do, but they don't because... Reasons?

I mean look at PC Game Pass which launched around kinda the same-ish time. How many people posting in here, die-hard PC gaming fans with thousands of Steam games, are subscribed to Game Pass? I've played 5-6 games in the last few months on Game Pass that I would have gotten on Steam eventually, because it's a service that provides the consumer insane value, and benefits the entire ecosystem, despite the interface/store being objectively worse than Steam's.

MS is for sure taking a big financial hit getting it off the ground, but Epic is doing the same thing spending shitloads of money on exclusivity.

"Exclusives is the only way to compete" is utter bullshit and the developers spouting it should not be taken seriously.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remaster still seemingly not coming to PC. Sure, port everything else Square, except for the co-op multiplayer game and the one where you craft and build shit, those are surely genres the PC audience doesn't devour endlessly.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remaster still seemingly not coming to PC. Sure, port everything else Square, except for the co-op multiplayer game and the one where you craft and build shit, those are surely genres the PC audience doesn't devour endlessly.
You know they will for those sweet double dipper money.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Doesn't look that much better then just running the game in Dolphin anyway but easier online mp would be nice i guess, setting it up in Dolphin is always a pain in the ass ( but still very fun since you can actually use vba for the gba emulation part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0os0p1SibQ)

Last edited:
It is a rough day on Era for people that love Hollow Knight and Dragon's Dogma lemme tell ya.
Don't sully this beautiful thread with such garbage!
Gimme Silksong NOW!
tenor.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's the third time now I tried to play Gears 5 and it's not out yet. At least it got a laugh out of me this time. I was so certain it'd be out -- it says 9/9 right there on the page! Guess it's later today.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
That's the third time now I tried to play Gears 5 and it's not out yet. At least it got a laugh out of me this time. I was so certain it'd be out -- it says 9/9 right there on the page! Guess it's later today.
It's always the USA date (I don't know where you are from), but it should be in about 8 hours aproximately.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Some SE decisions are stupid, yeah, but we know how they love releasing later ports so people will double dip. I bet CC and the Chocobo game will be released on PC eventually.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Blasphemous seems like my kind of game, but I'm waiting to see how Greedfall reviews. Also its art makes me feel pretty uncomfortable and I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing for actually playing it.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Devil's Hunt is coming to GOG with a 10% pre-order discount.

Might grab it, simply because I want to see more 3D action titles on GOG, and this is the only way to encourage more mid-tier publishers to put their stuff there.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, Borderlands would have always have the issue of not "growing up", as the general theme of 1 and 2 were like teenager angst in videogame form that hit a chord with many people. Nowadays, it seems a lot of reviewers have "grown up" in a sense, being more eye-rolling with some of the most claptrappy moments in gaming.

However, it is a game for their fans (and there are a ton of fans thirsty for it). Reviews will not harm the game imho, but it does point out why they didnt send copies outside of Europe.

Edit: Also Borderlands shooting and bullet sponge enemies has also felt bad in the prior games, and the trailers didnt seem to point towards them fixing it. The weapon variety tends to carry it to a certain level.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Most interesting thing for me is how for some franchisees being the same doesn't hurt the score while for some others being the same is big issue :D

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I knew BL3 wasn't going to be much of a step forward from BL2 mechanically, but I was really hoping the writing would be more like Tales than BL2. It's a shame. but maybe it was too much to hope for. I don't dislike BL2, but Tales was the first time I actually gave a damn about Borderlands as a setting, where characters weren't just out of place references or walking punchlines.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Watch it come out in 2021

You know they will for those sweet double dipper money.

yep, it's ironic considering dq11 came out sooner compared to ff pc ports

Some SE decisions are stupid, yeah, but we know how they love releasing later ports so people will double dip. I bet CC and the Chocobo game will be released on PC eventually.

Yes please I need me som Chocobos yo

Daily reminder final fantasy tactics still isn't on pc

Still hurts....

And FF1+2..

Square... wat r u doin?? :(

Especially this ffs

yeah that's some bullshit

literally the only mainline games missing

they could also bring over the Dimensions games... not to mention all the DQs they keep porting smh

All the dqs, what dqs? The only mainline one on steam is 11. Where's my dq5 and 8 ;(

Also I wish they ported over FF record keeper

Been playing it on my iPhone since launch in 2014 😂

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys i have a controller related question, if i want to play MK11 with a friend, but i have one xbox controller and one PS4 controller, is it possible to play VS mode on both controllers simultaneously?

I dont have MK11 (or any fighter) yet, so i cant really test it myself.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Most interesting thing for me is how for some franchisees being the same doesn't hurt the score while for some others being the same is big issue :D
I think it depends on how strong the foundations are and how the gaming media evolves.
The main sellong points for Borderlands have been (imo) the memey (and nowadays eye rolling) writing, the shlooting cycle with a heavy emphasis on gigantic loot variety(with meh gameplay otherwise), and the nice stylized graphics.
AAA gaming in general has been moving away from memey writing and so have reviewers.
As more shlooters come with stronger gameplay (I would say Anthem had stronger shooting, but much MUCH inferior loot variety), the uniqueness of Borderlands swanned.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I think it depends on how strong the foundations are and how the gaming media evolves.
The main sellong points for Borderlands have been (imo) the memey (and nowadays eye rolling) writing, the shlooting cycle with a heavy emphasis on gigantic loot variety(with meh gameplay otherwise), and the nice stylized graphics.
AAA gaming in general has been moving away from memey writing and so have reviewers.
As more shlooters come with stronger gameplay (I would say Anthem had stronger shooting, but much MUCH inferior loot variety), the uniqueness of Borderlands swanned.

That is good point but it still feels weird. But again we also have cases where next entry in the series changes and gets complaints how it's not the same as previous entries XD Gears 5 is kinda most recent one where some reviews complained how game doesn't feel like Gears game.

Status
Not open for further replies.