• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So Borderlands 3 is being offered by GMG for $79.95AUD thanks to a 12% discount on an already 6% discount of the game. Would they even be making any money considering their RRP is $89.95 despite Epic selling for $87.75AUD or something after conversion? This also seems rather strange to have such a massive discount on a just launched game unless one of two things: a) the game isn't actually selling that well; or b) Gearbox signed a similar contract whereby X amount of copies is covered by their exclusivity deal and this is a way of them pumping through those numbers quicker to get actual profit.

Either way, it is still stupidly expensive and I'm not buying anything else on EGS until they change their attitude to currency conversion plus shit exclusivity.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm away from home right now so I can't test this beta for myself yet but why the surprise about being able to sort by metacritic scores? That's been possible for years, it's been a sortable column in one of the library views from long before Steam even had it's own reviews.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm away from home right now so I can't test this beta for myself yet but why the surprise about being able to sort by metacritic scores? That's been possible for years, it's been a sortable column in one of the library views from long before Steam even had it's own reviews.
Huh. I've never felt a reason to change from detail/list view so I had no idea.

Still baffling, though less so, now.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Oh, i know. It just that it makes saving dynamic collections not as convenient as it could be. Since you'll still have to go though a list of your games and remove any that don't belong in a particular genre.

You could report the wrong tags instead. For instance, you can try to delete SteveWinwood's joke:

ygQCyYU.png

If people remove individual games from dynamic collections, the tag system is not improved. If people do it my way, everyone benefits from the changes.

That is a smart move by Valve to improve the tags on their store. They know people will notice, and some of them (with OCD) will fix the tags for their entire library: create a dynamic collection for a tag, fix the tags of every wrongly-tagged game, repeat.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Volunteering as content moderators/data analysts for Valve is not the answer.

Valve shouldn't offload all responsibility onto their customers.

Viper_GK

Oct 28, 2017
So Borderlands 3 is being offered by GMG for $79.95AUD thanks to a 12% discount on an already 6% discount of the game. Would they even be making any money considering their RRP is $89.95 despite Epic selling for $87.75AUD or something after conversion? This also seems rather strange to have such a massive discount on a just launched game unless one of two things: a) the game isn't actually selling that well; or b) Gearbox signed a similar contract whereby X amount of copies is covered by their exclusivity deal and this is a way of them pumping through those numbers quicker to get actual profit.

Either way, it is still stupidly expensive and I'm not buying anything else on EGS until they change their attitude to currency conversion plus shit exclusivity.

Well here locally in Australia you could get the PC version(Physical) which is just a code in a case for $64 AUD( 43.7 USD) from JB, BigW and other stores, so yeah GMG is not a deal for me as an Australian.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Volunteering as content moderators/data analysts for Valve is not the answer.

Valve shouldn't offload all responsibility onto their customers.

Agreed. I want Valve to be stricter with tags and moderation in general. I can also see how being on top of it all is near impossible without user reporting.

A screencap of a post by the Kine dev and a shitty reply from the forums was posted here recently. Shitty post was there for weeks. Reported it and later that day it was removed.

What I'm saying is give me a snitch badge that I can level up with successful reports, Volvo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well here locally in Australia you could get the PC version(Physical) which is just a code in a case for $64 AUD( 43.7 USD) from JB, BigW and other stores, so yeah GMG is not a deal for me as an Australian.
Oh it hasn't been for me either for some time, either because of CD keys or JB. Just really curious the significant drop, though also hilarious because of Epic's previous stance of devaluing games.

With regards to Steam Library beta I'm really loving the ease of access for games now, it makes seeing what I want to play and its news/updates even easier. I would like to see improvements to the collection system in a) having the ability to actually delete collections because right now you can't due to the option being off-screen if you have too many; and b) having a collection take those games out of possible games to be further tagged. What I mean by b) is that if I tag a collection of games as indie platformer those games can still be tagged as just indie or indie puzzle if I decided to make another collection. My proposed changes is just removing already tagged items from the potential pool of owned games to be tagged by a new collection so you don't have double ups.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
PSA: This site now has a shit ton of grid images

www.steamgriddb.com

Home

Download and share custom video game assets and personalize your gaming library.

Thanks a lot to all the people making them

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
With the new library, I wish the Steam workshop wasn't banished off into the corner. The three-mod highlight was very handy for a few games with popular modding scenes (thinking of Kenshi and XCOM 2, but there's more than that).

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from lazerfox lazerfox!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks lazerfox, thanks koolaid, thanks cyba89, thanks wok, thanks hellers 👍

Last edited:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 8 gifts from KoolAid!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

KoolAid said:
All taken from Humble Bundle, I hope none of them are actually already redeemed...

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from cyba89 cyba89!

cyba89 said:
Testing that new giveaway feature

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
why do I continue to do every side activity in AC before doing any quests, clearing all the keeps etc, knowing full well the quests will send me there anyway >_>

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Wok Wok!

• Steam Steam: 12 Labours of Hercules V: Kids of Hellas
  • Steam Steam: Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride - Won by Dec Dec
  • Steam Steam: 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
  • Steam Steam: Quake Champions - Won by Cordelia Cordelia
  • Steam Steam: Stories: The Path of Destinies - Won by Kifimbo Kifimbo

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I think I finally solved the issue I had with my wishlist hiding random items. As long as I wishlist through the Steam-client and not a web-browser everything seems to be working fine so far. 🤷‍♂️

I can add 99 items via Firefox/Chrome, with or without a script, without issues. As soon as I add the 100th item with a browser though, one random item becomes invisible. Everything seems to be working within the Steam-client though, so I'll have to wishlist from the client from now on. 😒

Edit: Well, I jinxed it. It's now back to one invisible item again. Ugh.

That is a smart move by Valve to improve the tags on their store. They know people will notice, and some of them (with OCD) will fix the tags for their entire library: create a dynamic collection for a tag, fix the tags of every wrongly-tagged game, repeat.
I think it would be better to just include the first ~five tags for the library listings. Community-driven tags will never be perfect no matter what, so I think it would be for the better to exclude the less popular tags.

Last edited:

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Quake Champions is a F2P game. The key was for the Early Access (which was not F2P). I guess it can be activated and tie the game to your account. No guarantee.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone recommend between Greedfall and Gears? Gears is cheaper on my store, but the reviews are so bad (and usually I don't care, but if something is at 50% then there's something wrong).

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anyone recommend between Greedfall and Gears? Gears is cheaper on my store, but the reviews are so bad (and usually I don't care, but if something is at 50% then there's something wrong).

Gears was plagued with server issues for over a week, which also impacted solo play as everything is tied to lobbies when you play while online. I think there are still some hiccups with MP, but SP is fine now.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Gears is great. I had a blast with it. I wouldn't recommend it at the £50 tbh but if your regional price is good then definitely go for it.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just started Gears 5, but I had to reinstall it because I had trouble installing the ultra textures pack, the reinstall did fix it.

I heard there were many more bugs and issues at release so that is probably part of the reason for those negative reviews.

Anyway, the game looks incredible and the benchmark stays at 60fps with a few drops to 59 here and there on ultra/insane at 4k res (2080 Ti), which surprised me because I expected bigger drops than that.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Woah, so lovely to see the giveaways kicking off so strong already!
Here's me crossing my fingers about winning Hellblade cause I've been meaning to play that one for the longest of times! Thanks cyba89 for the opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.