• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Gimme all the Dragon Quests anywhere. Will buy.

dAinFNp.png

Another Early Access game skipping Steam?

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys i have a controller related question, if i want to play MK11 with a friend, but i have one xbox controller and one PS4 controller, is it possible to play VS mode on both controllers simultaneously?

I dont have MK11 (or any fighter) yet, so i cant really test it myself.
I use my PS4 Fightstick and a Xbone controller all the time on it and it is fine.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Hey guys i have a controller related question, if i want to play MK11 with a friend, but i have one xbox controller and one PS4 controller, is it possible to play VS mode on both controllers simultaneously?

I dont have MK11 (or any fighter) yet, so i cant really test it myself.
If u plan o using ds4 i recommend first doing the fillowing ss i had issues with my ds4 til i did some updating
1. Update xbox bar and related apps thru Microsoft stire>update apps and programs
2. Install ps4 remote play this tends to fix a few silly things about ds4 on pc
3. Make sure ds4 option is ticked on in steam controller config

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Proof that PC Gamer is independent from Epic Games.

i can't tell if this is a joke post or actually meant to convey that line of thinking. either way, why even mention it?

A bit of both.

Let us say I am surprised that PC Gamer dared give a bad score to the front beam of the Epic Games store.

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if writers for orgs ever have to consult previous reviews for like "sitewide consistency" or if it is just implicitly understood that different reviews by different ppl may have drastically different scores (as it should be imo!) Like I'm assuming the current pc gamer reviewer would have given BL2 a low 70 or high 60s score as well, which is totally valid, but it's a far cry from the 90 BL2 got on the site, I wonder if there is a "consistency" that needs to be kept up for appearance/reputation's sake

also yeah, I might pass on this game, all the reviews kind of seem to be screaming at me "you wont enjoy this! It's not a game for you!", but it's hard to resist if ppl in my circle are picking it up too...

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if writers for orgs ever have to consult previous reviews for like "sitewide consistency" or if it is just implicitly understood that different reviews by different ppl may have drastically different scores (as it should be imo!) Like I'm assuming the current pc gamer reviewer would have given BL2 a low 70 or high 60s score as well, which is totally valid, but it's a far cry from the 90 BL2 got on the site, I wonder if there is a "consistency" that needs to be kept up for appearance/reputation's sake

also yeah, I might pass on this game, all the reviews kind of seem to be screaming at me "you wont enjoy this! It's not a game for you!", but it's hard to resist if ppl in my circle are picking it up too...
I think the only part that needs consistency is the 10/10 in most publications. Trying to have internal consistency in reviewing this type of products because a lot of what makes a great game can be subjective. What most do is keep the same reviewer for similar games, but even then you can end up having inconsistencies as people move around.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
If u plan o using ds4 i recommend first doing the fillowing ss i had issues with my ds4 til i did some updating
1. Update xbox bar and related apps thru Microsoft stire>update apps and programs
2. Install ps4 remote play this tends to fix a few silly things about ds4 on pc
3. Make sure ds4 option is ticked on in steam controller config
Ok, thanks ! Will try

closer

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that makes sense, the most hyperbolic scores should have the site behind it whether it's very low or high

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
PoP Forgotten Sands seems pretty underrated. Not a masterpiece but a solid AA game.

update: I was enjoying it despite some rough edges, but unfortunately, the collision detection in one of the last levels is absolutely broken and no matter how closely I follow the video walkthroughs I could find, the prince simply will not grab onto the pole he's supposed to swing from instead of falling to his death

it's still way better than PoP 2008, though

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
granted, I only played it for about an hour and I might come back to it at some point, but the combat mechanics and feel of the platforming really didn't click with me, and the Light Seed collection seems incredibly tedious unless there's something I'm missing. Nice art direction, though.
the light seed stuff wasn't great, but the button-mashing QTEs really killed it for me. maybe i'll try it again in a few months/years/whatever

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the Underrail expansion suddenly in the top sellers 2 months after release for no apparent reason?

Edit: looks like a popular youtuber did a video on it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Underrail but does the new expansion just expand on the base game? I dont want to go back years later and continue a save.

it IIRC adds a huge new section that's accessible in the middle of the game, which massively changes the overall balance of the game, so it was recommended to start a new save.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
granted, I only played it for about an hour and I might come back to it at some point, but the combat mechanics and feel of the platforming really didn't click with me, and the Light Seed collection seems incredibly tedious unless there's something I'm missing. Nice art direction, though.
The arstyle is the best. The combat is bland, but the platforming feels good, and it has an amazing ending (forget the DLC even exists).

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the new slay the spire character is really cool (if seemingly a bit OP). but I wish they'd let me skip right to ascension 20. grinding up the baby ascensions is sort of a waste of time.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also i finished all DLCs for Homefront The Revolution. They were fine like main game and in my opinion not worth the asking price at the release. You can finish all of them in like 2-3 hours. RZetko Beyond the Walls was kinda mix of The Last of Us and Half Life 2 Episode 2 XD

Status
Not open for further replies.