• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The whole Borderlands 3 thing is so weird.
Like, what a weird way to let selected people review the game, what's the point? Are they worried European outlets are more critical? I don't think that's the case

Oct 25, 2017

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Which part in particular? I really enjoyed Recore and don't recall such likes outside not realizing how the tug of war scheming actually worked.

A little before the boss fight with Victor there was a section I had a particular hard time getting through. Also when I got to the boss fight with Victor even though I picked up a few of the health boosts he's attacks where still draining most of my health.

Up to that point I was enjoying it as well but reloading the same checkpoint over and over starting to suck the enjoyment out of it for me. May just watch how it ends on youtube if I decide not to give it another go in the future

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
A little before the boss fight with Victor there was a section I had a particular hard time getting through. Also when I got to the boss fight with Victor even though I picked up a few of the health boosts he's attacks where still draining most of my health.

Up to that point I was enjoying it as well but reloading the same checkpoint over and over starting to suck the enjoyment out of it for me. May just watch how it ends on youtube if I decide not to give it another go in the future
You're on the last boss, mate, just do it and you're done.
Also, the ending is nothing particularly amazing, the game is kinda average in general, but for some reason I liked it and 100% it (even farmed to craft all the gear).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So GreedFall is getting great reviews. Will you now stop doubting me? :P

I pushed for 2 games this year Supraland and GreedFall and both ended up being great :D

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Played a few hours of Gears 5 tonight. Really enjoying it so far. Playing on high settings on a i5-4690K and a GTX 980, and it's running at a steady 60 at 1440p. I forgot how much I enjoy Gears. I'm excited to dig into the game more. But early impressions are very positive.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So GreedFall is getting great reviews. Will you now stop doubting me? :P

I pushed for 2 games this year Supraland and GreedFall and both ended up being great :D
GreedFall is really cool.

It's also shocking how much it retains from Technomancer. There's a layer of tech and polish on top of it, but so much is built from the same core. Technomancer was underrated as hell.

The jank is so real. They hide it better, but you can feel it all the time. (And there are people who seriously try to question if jank is even real.)

Pretty happy with the way it looks and performs. Really like the music. Not a fan of the interface.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly speaking, I would not begrudge any indies taking the Epic money because more often than not it does benefit the game and the company more so than AAA games with big publisher backing. I would actually encourage they take the deal cause it might not come again depending on how long Epic wants to keep doing this.

Now with games cycle having longer and longer post release support, some extra dosh with no strings attached could make a good game even better in the end.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Honestly speaking, I would not begrudge any indies taking the Epic money because more often than not it does benefit the game and the company more so than AAA games with big publisher backing. I would actually encourage they take the deal cause it might not come again depending on how long Epic wants to keep doing this.

Now with games cycle having longer and longer post release support, some extra dosh with no strings attached could make a good game even better in the end.

I think most of the people here in the PC Gaming thread are for small Indies taking the deal. Dont really see anything wrong with it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
As I said before they are free to take any deal they want or do whatever it takes to put food on their table. I just ask one thing in return, be honest and don't tell me what is better for me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
And maybe it can be. I would not dismiss the ability of Epic customers (if they exist) for bug detection.

Maybe because Steam has place where issues are solved without developers input :D

oTojfQu.jpg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is not fair to ask customers to do the dev's job, especially for free. :p

It can be handy though, depending on the dev's reaction time.

Je5r8Vj.png

I am just pointing out that it was known issue and that people found solutions fast becaus they had place to do it. And as you pointed out Dev knew about that issue 2 years ago :D

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so did Greedfall end up good then for all the folk excited / getting it?

Not being sarcastic here btw lol

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
so did Greedfall end up good then for all the folk excited / getting it?

Not being sarcastic here btw lol
Reviewed in the high 70s. Which is like a miracle happening. The true eurojank goodness is back!

It is not fair to ask customers to do the dev's job, especially for free. :p

It can be handy though, depending on the dev's reaction time.

Je5r8Vj.png

As we say in our animus: "Toriyama forgot"

Status
Not open for further replies.