• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Damn GreedFall is really long XD But i need to push and finish it in upcoming week. There are still lot's of games in my backolg that need my attention :D Next game i will play will be Gears of War Judgement (to finish console releases so i can jump on glorious PC Gears games XD). After that i will probably go back to may Creedathon and play AC3 Remastered (end of the year is near and i need to fulfill my resolution of playing every mainline AC game up to Origins XD).

How do you guys go about selling old hardware? I'm in a for decent paycheck and I think I want to treat myself to a pricey GPU upgrade. I currently have a 1070 and I believe I could still get some money for that (at least $100) but I have no idea where to sell this thing. Do you guys usually go to craigslist or ebay to sell off old hardware?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys go about selling old hardware? I'm in a for decent paycheck and I think I want to treat myself to a pricey GPU upgrade. I currently have a 1070 and I believe I could still get some money for that (at least $100) but I have no idea where to sell this thing. Do you guys usually go to craigslist or ebay to sell off old hardware?

To be honest i am always scared of selling old hardware. I always think that it will break as soon as i sell it XD But i upgrade my PC parts rarely so by the time i need new hardware, old one is worth very little. So i ether give it away or put it on the shelf.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You can always try here too https://www.resetera.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-thread-2019-read-the-new-rules-in-the-op.454/

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
How's the DQ11 music mod? I wanna play the game and the Switch version has more features but man does it look blurry...

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, which brand of 1070?

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Don't know if this will pick anyone's interest but it seems like people already figured out some ways to add custom skins to the new Steam library. I think it does looks better now.
GitHub
XEafICS.png

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I was just reminded that Evolve launched this gen and it wasn't fastest crash and burn thing anymore. Anthem took that crown XD

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if this will pick anyone's interest but it seems like people already figured out some ways to add custom skins to the new Steam library. I think it does looks better now.
GitHub
XEafICS.png
It's just baffling to me how Valve didn't go with a design more akin to this one than the one they have currently. It's so ugly. But hooray for skin support.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They had plenty of positive reviews during that period. More than negative ones. I imagine the recent ones are just counting for more, and those still include a ton of complaints because they'd basically gone dark for too long (from what I could glean from a quick view)
The negative reviews are so petty it's just embarrassing. Should I put a negative review up for Cube World because it took 6 years to come out? It's out, celebrate and have fun with such an amazing game.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
no

list on the left, like so:

w4xFZBv.png

i can't delete this bloodstained (installed through xbox app) shortcut and there doesn't seem to be any start menu location for it

lkyKISN.png

compare with this pic of the epic game launcher, where i can "open file location" then it opens a file explorer window, and i can delete the shortcut easily
Oh, right. There's currently no feature in Windows that lets you hide apps. You might find a workaround by googling but since the menu basically just mirrors any apps that are found in WindowsApps I imagine it'll be somewhat tricky to get around, unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2017
Feel kinda pointless to me to play around with skins right now since it's a beta and if there are frequent updates it will probably break them.
It's why I'm not gonna bother too much with custom banners and other "cosmetic" stuff right now, because I feel like that could all be wiped away with the next update.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I spent 20+ hours in GreedFall and while beginning was slow i love the story now. It definitely has one of the best world lore in recent years. I really want to know everything i can about this world they created. And best thing about it is that you don;t need to go around and collect notes/books to learn about it, everything is told through the quests.
Indeed. That's the best part about GreedFall, the writing.

If you're a lore freak and a completionist, you're in for a treat as there's a lot to learn in GreedFall. Naturally.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Also moved to Steam Metro when it was available for the new UI. Although I kept the colors of the new client:
unknown.png

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Local listings for more expensive parts or those I otherwise would rather not post, eBay for everything else.

Nope:

PLEASE NOTE: This product only works with new Xbox Live accounts and will NOT work with existing accounts.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Also moved to Steam Metro when it was available for the new UI. Although I kept the colors of the new client:
unknown.png

That's pretty nice. The client's current design seems a bit incohesive with the new library and even more so with the aesthetic of community pages, the store, etc. My number one qualm is that I just want to disable the icons next to game names though. I don't like having a list of dozens of different skittles there 😛

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty nice. The client's current design seems a bit incohesive with the new library and even more so with the aesthetic of community pages, the store, etc. My number one qualm is that I just want to disable the icons next to game names though. I don't like having a list of dozens of different skittles there 😛
They need to completely modify Community to make it more natural with the new Library and Chat... Knowing Valve, we will get it in "summer" 2025.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Music mod is fine now
Latest ver. Of it is unaffected by updates to the main game
I see, that's good. I'm curious if it's comprehensive or still missing pieces, if it loops well etc.

Probably should just wait for a Definitive Edition to appear on other platforms, but dang... it's getting harder to hold off.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
The only thing that I don't like about Dynamic Collections are the ugly red tabs at the top showing you what you removed from a collection. (There are like 40 in my RPG collection!)

I figured a way to remove them is to create a new group, in my case "RPG 1" then drag and drop all the RPG titles I went through culling in the dynamic collection to the new group then rename it back.

I wish they let let you hide the red tabs in dynamic collections since there are useful filtering options not available in the standard collection.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to see shelves separate from groups. You can only pick groups you made to populate shelves.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I see, that's good. I'm curious if it's comprehensive or still missing pieces, if it loops well etc.

Probably should just wait for a Definitive Edition to appear on other platforms, but dang... it's getting harder to hold off.

I don't know if there are missing tracks, but I certainly never encountered looping issues. preta was one of the people who made the mod (and also worked on looping), so you could always ask them! I had a look through the .txt that comes with the mod, and it says that "all music that has orchestral variants has been fully orchestrated," the phrasing of which leads me to assume that there is music in there without an orchestrated version available and so hasn't been replaced. So it's as comprehensive as it could've been at that point in time. I don't know if that's any different from the Switch version. Maybe they actually did the work and recorded new orchestrated versions, but maybe they didn't.

preta

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if there are missing tracks, but I certainly never encountered looping issues. preta was one of the people who made the mod (and also worked on looping), so you could always ask them! I had a look through the .txt that comes with the mod, and it says that "all music that has orchestral variants has been fully orchestrated," the phrasing of which leads me to assume that there is music in there without an orchestrated version available and so hasn't been replaced. So it's as comprehensive as it could've been at that point in time. I don't know if that's any different from the Switch version. Maybe they actually did the work and recorded new orchestrated versions, but maybe they didn't.

The only tracks that aren't orchestrated in the mod are the very few ones that have no orchestrated version to use - for instance, there's a boss in XI that uses the minigame theme from DQVI DS, which has never been orchestrated. I wouldn't expect this to be different in the Switch version.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The only tracks that aren't orchestrated in the mod are the very few ones that have no orchestrated version to use - for instance, there's a boss in XI that uses the minigame theme from DQVI DS, which has never been orchestrated. I wouldn't expect this to be different in the Switch version.

Thanks so much for clarifying! And thanks again for the great mod. It's been wonderful playing through the game with it.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Will more vertical library icons be added to the Steam beta, or is that something developers/publishers are going to need to do themselves?

The blurry icons are bothering me, I'm wondering whether I should download custom ones now or wait.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Will more vertical library icons be added to the Steam beta, or is that something developers/publishers are going to need to do themselves?

The blurry icons are bothering me, I'm wondering whether I should download custom ones now or wait.
The icons are fully done by devs / publishers.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else on the new beta notice SteamVR is always your last played (If you have it)? I think it must launch it for a split second every time I start Steam up.

Status
Not open for further replies.