• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I was fine with MS buying studios like Obsidian, Double Fine, and Ninja Theory, cuz all those places seemed like they were one unfortunate game away from death's door.

But this Bethesda deal seemed unnecessary. As it is, with Phil at the helm, and MS releasing games on Steam, it doesn't personally affect me, but I would guess Phil's got less than 5 years as head of Xbox (by his own accord) and who knows what the next regime will do.
I agree with you on the first part. The previous MS deals while bad due to general contraction of the publisher scene was OK due to how on risk the studios tended to be. Bethesda was more the situation of Zenimax wanting to cash out and win as much as possible (as seen also with the PS5 exclusives).

Regarding that, I guess Valve has 5 years tops to get Gamepass (or equivalent) in Steam to become more of a needed part of MS future.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
*eyesemoji*

I'll use the Bethesda chaos to just say...

MGS and MGS2 are coming to PC (again)

*runs away*

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We aren't getting MGS 2 on PC

That would be a dream come true for me, and that never happens. Sorry everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person who is indifferent to the big news? When I saw the headline I was like "Huh? They got bought? OK..."

Maybe it's due to the exhaustion from all the nonsense that's been going on this year but MS buying up Zenimax seems like the last thing I should bother to muster up the energy to be excited/shocked/surprised/horrified about.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person who is indifferent to the big news? When I saw the headline I was like "Huh? They got bought? OK..."

Maybe it's due to the exhaustion from all the nonsense that's been going on this year but MS buying up Zenimax seems like the last thing I should bother to muster up the energy to be excited/shocked/surprised/horrified about.

Well, I did say I was indefferent to this news a few posts up :P

Is it literally only MGS 1+2 for pc? It just seems so random and out of nowhere. I'm trying to work out what kind of monkey paw situation this could be.

MGS 1+2 got PC ports way back then. Only 1,2 and 5 got PC ports, I think.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft buying Zenimax is really good news for us pc players! Thank god it wasnt sony buying them, then they would be exlcusive to the playstation, now we know they also come to PC!
I dont think Sony could do this even if they wanted to. This is a very bold move from MS. They spent 7.5 billion, this is a risk not everyone willing to take even if they can pay it.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if you're mainly a PC gamer already this doesn't affect you nearly as much as if you were only on Xbox or Playstation.

For PC gamers it probably just means the Bethesda launcher is dead, you get more stuff on Gamepass, and maybe the Bethesda studios getting a shot in the arm.

We aren't getting MGS 2 on PC

That would be a dream come true for me, and that never happens. Sorry everyone.

MGS2 was already on PC. Also let's be real, Konami did a Zone of the Enders 2 HD, it was definitely only a matter of time until they got around to putting the older MGS games on PC again. Easy money for litte effort. I don't expect these to be based on the old PC ports though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
MGS1 is a remaster of sorts it seems.
Though honestly, I wouldn't mind the PSone blocky look XD
Wouldn't mind Twin Snakes ver. either, though it might be this ver. XP

If it was another anniversary collection I could actually see them going to the bother of putting both versions on. Probably just a pipe dream though.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Steam Labs - Steam Labs Experiment 009: Steam News Hub Rolls Out Initial News Channels - Steam News

Follow your favorite gaming & technology news sources from your personalized Steam News Hub.

Seems theyy have added Media and Curators into the Game News thing. Seems like a net improvement to me

15613cee3128b0b4e8eb5a7738b2f9e2296ad306.jpg

f60ed343c5b1b615b1e7f43f9c52f485a11c5545.jpg

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You better not be lying about MGS1.

I just want the original with no big changes other than resolution and framerate, in 16:9 (and wider) and with a sharp version of the exact same HUD, etc. Same for MGS3 (and sure, gimme MGS2 too).

Unrelated, damn that Bethesda purchase by MS is an insane move. People exclusively on Playstation are gonna be screwed out of many big games and they're kidding themselves if they think this will be a minecraft situation.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

oh Blizzcon is in... February this time? I knew it was a online thing (obviously) but I assumed it was still this fall as usual, especially with the new wow xpac and whatnot, huh.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Command and Conquer sale for the 25th anniversary.

The Remastered edition is 25% off, the rest 75% off.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Hopefully Obsidian eventually gets to make New Vegas 2 or another Fallout due to this deal.

Another Obsidian Fallout would be one of my most anticipated games. Especially with proper time and support. I just started playing New Vegas this weekend on pc for the first time following a mod guide and despite the usual Bethesda jank the games are just so easy to get immersed in.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this means no new Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Dishonored on PS5. Though they always seemed to run more poorly on Playstation than XBOX/PC anyway...

Edit:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If you took part in the Torchlight 3 alpha (back when it was still some weird hybrid mmo) check your email. I just got a code for some banner I can put in my fort in game when it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.