• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
H1atGCq.png

These Highlight threads aim to bring to light the various releases of the current month and releases that may have flown under the radar. The titles listed here vary from DLC/Expansions, to titles entering or leaving Early Access, as well as indie games.
These titles are listed as per their genre, so you can do a simple search for a basic genre term to find specific games that'd interest you

If there were any mistakes in the list, please let me know to fix it, but any titles not mentioned in the thread would be added to the next Highlight thread at the least.
Do consider wishlisting games that'd be of interest to you so you could pick them up in the future!

If you want to discuss or have any questions regarding PC gaming, please take note of these handy discussion threads!
PC Builders Thread
Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread
Resetera SteamERA Group

Ni no Kuni Remastered

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page/release, are getting a notably major update, or are available on other platforms.
Demos and notable fan mods would also be listed here as well
Indie Horror game, Home Sweet Home Ep. II releases this September
Wreckfest got a new update
Generation Zero received a major update
Hoard has been relisted on Steam and has received a few updates
Atomicrops launches on Epic Game Store in Early Access
River City Girls
Borderlands 3
Control
Invisigun Reloaded update
Don't Starve 'Turn of Tides' update
Ready or Not Alpha launching soon
HyperParasite update
Redeemer update
No Man's Sky Beyond update
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
The Sims 4- Realm of Magic expansion

DigiPen Institute of Technology has also put up a variety of free to play, student developed games

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
I want to say that Telling Lies is an awesome experience. It's like nothing I played before. I'm more or less at the half of the game playing with someone else and both are enyoing it a lot. Writing notes and talking about the story. Great.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Another great month of too many good games I'll never get a chance to play. Can't wait for Gears 5.

Surprised no mention of a little game called Borderlands 3 in the thread title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Another great month of too many good games I'll never get a chance to play. Can't wait for Gears 5.

Surprised no mention of a little game called Borderlands 3 in the thread title.
Oh i couldnt fit it in :x
In fact i couldnt fit in surge 2! There are at least 3 ittles in total i wouldve fif in the thead title if i could including blands 3.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Amazing work on the OP! Such an embarassment of riches :D Can't wait for Spyro in a couple of days

Trying to decide which of these two is the weirder release:

Possibly the least in demand NES game for a rerelease ever vs...Toilet Shooting Star ._.
My vote goes for Toilet Racer ;)

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on Knights & Bikes, if you want a charming coop adventure game.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Children of morta is the game I'm looking forward to the most, absolutely gorgeous graphics, I hope the game delivers in other aspects too.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks again Tizoc for your amazing work. Too many games this month I want to even start naming but just this week I'm getting Spyro, FFVIII and Gears.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
RAD, Life is Strange 2 Episode 4, Vicious Circle and Remnant From the Ashes all released in August.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Gears 5 and Spyro Trilogy are games I'd really want to get this month but will have to hold off on @_@
Maybe I'll get Spyro by October, but Gears 5 is gonna have to wait til Winter Seal at least.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Was there a mod to remove fur shader and such I really dislike it in the Crash remake trilogy

Helix Mod 3D Vision Fix Crash N.Sane Trilogy

Put the files from the download in the game exe's folder location, load game and press F6 to toggle fur off and on :D

There likely should be an ini file or similar in that mod in which you can set fur to off or on (0 or 1), so it can be disabled by default instead of having to do it manually.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to Blasphemous, just played the demo and was in awe at how beautiful it is, pretty awesome gameplay too. A great 2D Dark Souls/metroidvania, hopefully the rest of the game is as good as the demo.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Quiet month for me on the PC, going to play FF VIII Remastered on PS4

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Greedfall and Devil's Hunt are likely gonna be my purchases this month.

But another few titles are gonna go on the wishlist.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The Spyro thread will be going up shortly, does anyone have a suggestion for the OT title?