• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Now that we managed to kill off the steam thread, where do we go to converse about pc gaming?

Working on it, hold tight for a bit longer,

Trying to work out the best outcome for SteamEra

A big favour is not to talk about the drama in this thread, you can use this thread for the time being to talk about Steam/PC stuff

Last edited:

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hello, just a quick question to anyone who uses this thread.

Would you like this thread to stay intact by itself or would it make sense to merge it with PC Gaming Era Thread?

Please tell us.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, just a quick question to anyone who uses this thread.

Would you like this thread to stay intact by itself or would it make sense to merge it with PC Gaming Era Thread?

Please tell us.

I'd go with merging it, and having the list of threads be, like, the second post of the thread. Hopefully that'll mean people who wander in thinking it's "everything PC" can just see the list and know that there's a specific place for Steam Input/Building/etc.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think the only benefit is that people get alerts on new threads which can easily get lost in a megathread.

lets give it a go and see what happens.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You know what? Merging the threads together was a bad idea, I think this thread still has a purpose so I am gonna continue the work here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread for general questions that could be gaming related (eg. Windows display settings or HDR configuration that could affect gaming)?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a thread for general questions that could be gaming related (eg. Windows display settings or HDR configuration that could affect gaming)?

Not really, no - I think those kinds of questions generally fall into either PC questions that don't really deserve their own thread, or the monthly PC Gaming thread. But if it's super-specific to one aspect of PCs or gaming (like HDR configuration), then it's probably best to ask in the relevant thread (monitors), because you'll probably get the most knowledgable/helpful replies. I don't think anyone would mind you cross-posting in a couple of threads for something where you're not sure which thread is best, either. :)

You know what? Merging the threads together was a bad idea, I think this thread still has a purpose so I am gonna continue the work here.

Fair fair. :) In that case, you may want to update the Steam Thread link in the first post every month - rename it and point it to that month's PC gaming thread. :)

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haven't posted in a while! Feel free to post threads you think are missing from the OP.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everybody, I hope that you are having an amazing day, today I request your help I need to buy a new UPS or no break like we called them here but I don't know which one do I need to buy let me explain a little

I'm a gaming content creator on YouTube and making live streams its part of the content I make lately when I'm playing on a stream all of my devices simply turn off and I have to restart them via a power regulator that I have I think it's starting to fail or it simply the power charge is way too much also where I live the electricity goes off very often so I need to buy a UPS but I have never bought one so I don't know which one do I need here is what I currently have connected:

My PC which it has a Corsair CX750M watts power supply, an EVGA GTX 970 GPU, an intel core i7 4790k CPU, 8GB or DDR3 ram at 1600mhz and a Gigabyte Z97MX-5 motherboard

my console Xbox One X

2 monitors one is a BenQ RL2455HM and a HP S2031

I'm looking for something with at least 8 power connectors in case I want to connect something more in the future and that when the power goes out I can have at least 20 minutes to turn off everything safely if you need more info just ask and in advance thank you for your help

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hello everybody, I hope that you are having an amazing day, today I request your help I need to buy a new UPS or no break like we called them here but I don't know which one do I need to buy let me explain a little

I'm a gaming content creator on YouTube and making live streams its part of the content I make lately when I'm playing on a stream all of my devices simply turn off and I have to restart them via a power regulator that I have I think it's starting to fail or it simply the power charge is way too much also where I live the electricity goes off very often so I need to buy a UPS but I have never bought one so I don't know which one do I need here is what I currently have connected:

My PC which it has a Corsair CX750M watts power supply, an EVGA GTX 970 GPU, an intel core i7 4790k CPU, 8GB or DDR3 ram at 1600mhz and a Gigabyte Z97MX-5 motherboard

my console Xbox One X

2 monitors one is a BenQ RL2455HM and a HP S2031

I'm looking for something with at least 8 power connectors in case I want to connect something more in the future and that when the power goes out I can have at least 20 minutes to turn off everything safely if you need more info just ask and in advance thank you for your help

Try posting here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-august-2018-sponsored-by-queenofhunting.59148/

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Reshade Thread

Give a shout if I missed a thread in the OP, I'm starting to think it might be suitable now to sort the list out into categories.