• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Source
Breath of the Wild made headlines last month after modders started making custom dungeons using the emulated version of the game, and enough time has passed that fans are now making their own, fully-realized dungeons.
The ability to theme a dungeon also changes things. While shrines in Breath of the Wild posed a variety of challenges for players depending on which one you entered, they could blend into each other after awhile. Modders, on the other hand, are making these dungeons distinct using natural elements, including things like wind, lava, or fire.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm personally not willing to hack or illegally download the game but it's neat to see. Hopefully the people behind it are useing this as a great learning tool and go on to make great wonderful things of their own.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
What does it take to run BOTW on a pc? Could I do it with a 970?

Framerate was not great after a little while (i had to restart to recover framerate), but you can play till the end. 970, 16GB ram and an old sandibridge-E i7.
It was much better than playing on my switch as well, since you can remove the hassles of the base game... durability, early stamina.... makes one forget the framerate :P
I was a good way to do a second run, but i don't recommend for a first one, good performance and the original vision first, and quality of life improvements second, best of both worlds.

Edit: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammit.. girl Link... i need that mod...

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, modders have added the BOTW 2 character models from the trailer to the game too lol

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the community is on full steam modding the game, they've made some impressive stuff.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

530-90_5d13cbccadd6d.webp

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, but how many of those modders actually own a Wii U and and BOTW ?

I'm guessing not many....

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but if this is the extent of the "themed" dungeons, then I don't really think Nintendo should even bother. I am still holding out hope that if Nintendo does decide to sate people's hunger for dungeons in this game, that they really stretch the definition of what makes a dungeon.

I want unique, compelling locations that are thematically strong and consistent and that fit in naturally into the world. I'd love the chance to discover a haunted mansion nestled in a graveyard. Or maybe a clifftop stronghold carved into the walls of a sprawling canyon. Howsabout a massive treehouse in the canopy of a great forest with interconnected gangplanks and a precipitous drop?

Maybe my perspective is off, but if we get another 'Water Dungeon' or 'Wind Dungeon,' I do think that would be a step back for the series and not what I am hoping these look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.