• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone here have any experience with Chinese/knock off brake mods for the T500RS/T3PA Pro pedals? I've been looking for something to better the feeling of the pedal and came across this on Ebay

Brake pedal damper

It looks pretty straight forward but I'm also weary of having a cheap fluid filled cylinder on the pedals. I've also looked into the mich cheaper conical brake mods and might start with one of those to be safe.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
He keeps lifting AC to new heights! Simply incredible to see AC's graphics engine being added to in so many amazing ways and for free.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Today is the rerun of S397's Le Mans 24 hour... and they still haven't fixed two critical multiplayer bugs :shakeshead:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Today is the rerun of S397's Le Mans 24 hour... and they still haven't fixed two critical multiplayer bugs :shakeshead:
S397 during bug fixing...

ITLL_BE_ALRIGHT_ON_THE_NIGHT_0.jpg

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
S397 during bug fixing...
Seems like it broke at around 4am my time. Red flagged again. I'm going back through Discord, but can't find what actually happened. Just everyone complaining about how S397 should focus on fixing the core game and not the UI.

Edit: I'm still trying to piece together what happened, but it looks like at some point the ability to swap drivers broke... one of the two critical bugs that people were concerned about on the forum yesterday. And there's more: Some drivers couldn't join the server, some lost FFB mid stint, others crashed to desktop.

What terrible PR for S397.

I think I may just have to A) accept that rF2 is never going to be fixed and B) that even though I despise iRacing's FFB, maybe I should make a return. To think of what an rF2 fan boy I was 4 years ago.

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it broke at around 4am my time. Red flagged again. I'm going back through Discord, but can't find what actually happened. Just everyone complaining about how S397 should focus on fixing the core game and not the UI.

Edit: I'm still trying to piece together what happened, but it looks like at some point the ability to swap drivers broke... one of the two critical bugs that people were concerned about on the forum yesterday. And there's more: Some drivers couldn't join the server, some lost FFB mid stint, others crashed to desktop.

What terrible PR for S397.

I think I may just have to A) accept that rF2 is never going to be fixed and B) that even though I despise iRacing's FFB, maybe I should make a return. To think of what an rF2 fan boy I was 4 years ago.
The Twitch stream is still running and it looks fantastic. I watched a rain section with pools of water on various sections and now it's dry and sunny.

As for the issues, S397 chose to ignore the problems already reported a million times before. That's a terrible but predictable outcome of the event went tits up. It's a shame as the core of rF2 is fantastic.

I wish you well with iRacing.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
If only more people raced in R3E.
I don't know what else Sector 3 can do to make their sim more appealing apart from a rebrand and graphical overhaul, especially the cockpits; the car models and tracks look fantastic.

Adding changeable weather and TOD has limited appeal to most people as stats show few use these features completely but adds to the feature list.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
MotoGP 2019 50% off? Think I'll bite!
I don't know what else Sector 3 can do to make their sim more appealing apart from a rebrand and graphical overhaul, especially the cockpits; the car models and tracks look fantastic.

Adding changeable weather and TOD has limited appeal to most people as stats show few use these features completely but adds to the feature list.
You'd think that TOD was a feature that everyone would be interested in. But then, if you look at rF2's achievements, there are certain time specific ones like 'drive at midnight' or 'drive at sunrise', which less than 5% of users have picked up. Even dusk is only at 11%. So 89% of people only race in the afternoon I guess. Certainly not worth the effort.

Also, only 92% of players have played rF2 lol (Achievement for being in a car)

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually a solid semi sim with a decent career mode and challenges.

You'd think that TOD was a feature that everyone would be interested in. But then, if you look at rF2's achievements, there are certain time specific ones like 'drive at midnight' or 'drive at sunrise', which less than 5% of users have picked up. Even dusk is only at 11%. So 89% of people only race in the afternoon I guess. Certainly not worth the effort.

I have all but one rF2 achievement which I think is bugged for some reason; it's the practice for 2500km or some such.

R3E will have changeable TOD from sunrise to sunset over 90 minutes from what I recall.

There won't be night racing or weather until UE4 is used. Based on the rF2 stats I cannot see a compelling reason to push for these features when other more pressing features could be added such as flat spotting or better damage modelling.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I've driven in basically any condition and any time in rF2, but I don't do races... ever. That's why I only have all the practice achievements.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Is Project Cars 2 much better than 1? I didn't get on with the handling in 1 at all - I'm on an Xbox One pad. I do have a 360 Speed Wheel though (the U-Shaped one that came out around the time of Forza Horizon on 360). It works with a few PC games, does it work on Project Cars by any chance?

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Is Project Cars 2 much better than 1? I didn't get on with the handling in 1 at all - I'm on an Xbox One pad. I do have a 360 Speed Wheel though (the U-Shaped one that came out around the time of Forza Horizon on 360). It works with a few PC games, does it work on Project Cars by any chance?
It looks like most people agree that PCARS2 handling is significantly better than PCARS1, and they did a bunch of work to improve gamepad filtering too. I'd say it is not as optimised for gamepad as a GT or Forza, but it's certainly playable with a gamepad. A wheel will be more rewarding, but I'm not sure if that particular wheel is supported.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I play Gran Turismo Sport with the controller motion steering and it's SOO much better than using a stick to steer. But your 360 Speed Wheel doesn't seem to work natively in PC1 or PC2 it seems. At least for PC1 people seemed to have found workarounds:

PC2 user says not working:

people link him to this PC1 thread:

But Betta is right, that it's supposed to be improved. SMS made a lot of fuzz about how it's playable with a controller and that there was a layering dead-zone bug in PC1 they found that caused a lot of issues. Ian Bell (CEO of SMS) said that he went to playing PC2 with a game-pad for quick testing exclusively. After it came out I didn't hear much about the controller support any more tbh.

And the car handling in PC2 is far better than PC1. Not as good as Assetto Corsa though, if you haven't tried that.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Rejoice!! rFactor 2 - 1.1117 is now available!

Steam Build IDs
client: 4390004
dedi: 4390009

Server admins must update all dedicated servers

- Fixed a scoring issue in race session that affected Nürburgring 24h and Combined layouts

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Another vote that pCARS 2 is far more enjoyable than the first release.​

There are several sims that play nicely on an Xbox One controller (and the older Xbox 360):​
AMS​
RaceRoom Racing Experience - try the free content before buying more.​
Race 07 + Expansions​

rF2 along with AC are passable with an Xbox controller.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Nice little mashup here for AC:
The latest rather excellent update of Autodrom Most by TMM, which I've added, *ahem*, a few balloons to, and Legion's superb Ariel Atom V8 to chuck around it. This is a brilliant combo in VR in my humble opinion.
1:32:517 in stock form is my best lap so far. Keeping the tyres quiet is the key.

Track: https://anonfiles.com/c7b4n3Bcna/tmm_autodrom_most_7z
Car: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_zpxe87350AiLidz7_Po0JVxnwu6H6Wz/view

screenshot_legion_ariel_atom_v8_tmm_autodrom_most_19-11-119-17-39-5-jpg.867053

(for globophiles, the original balloon-free track can be had at source: https://tm-modding.eu/download/autodrom-most/)

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The physics of that Atom V8 mod compared to how videos and even PC1 suggest it... no. Really not.

Hmmm... I was a little hyped over Mascot's post, to drive a fun Atom in AC this evening. Sound and graphics of the mod are great too. Just it doesn't give me, what I want from the car what I actually want: Opposite lock fun like on that Top Gear hot lap video many years ago.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
The physics of that Atom V8 mod compared to how videos and even PC1 suggest it... no. Really not.

Hmmm... I was a little hyped over Mascot's post, to drive a fun Atom in AC this evening. Sound and graphics of the mod are great too. Just it doesn't give me, what I want from the car what I actually want: Opposite lock fun like on that Top Gear hot lap video many years ago.
That's a shame - I'm having a lot of sideways-oppo lock fun in it. A mate of mine has had a lot of RL track time in one and thinks it does a bloody good job. Tried different tracks?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That's a shame - I'm having a lot of sideways-oppo lock fun in it. A mate of mine has had a lot of RL track time in one and thinks it does a bloody good job. Tried different tracks?
No, I didn't, just Silverstone. Tried to change FFB and car-setup, but I think the mod is just all kinds of wrong. That you feel road bumps so strongly tells me the dampers are wrong, it's also weird that the light-weight front has a higher spring-rate than the rear. There are no ARB settings, which MIGHT be accurate, but doubtful (I'm too lazy to research if the car really has nor ARBs at all). The car is just much too stable under acceleration, but really pushing it hard over the leads to grip loss that I can't correct by working with the steering wheel, I have to fight wheel resistance to be quick enough meaning I'm usually not fast enough. This could be caused by inaccurately modeled front suspension with weirdly angled pneumatic trail. It all just feels really wrong to me.

As I said... the mod looks and sounds great... it's also really easy to drive. It's just not fun in a way I expected it to be... and with the feeling that this is, because it's not modeled right, it's just not doing it for me.

Fake Edit:
Ok, I just opened this mods suspension.ini. The CoG height at the front is at 3cm and at the back at 10cm above the ground. The roll centers are both below the ground (which you can do, but highly doubtful in a car that was constructed from the ground up and not tuned/lowered after the fact). Even F1 cars with their super low CoG, always have the RC above ground as far as I know.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a download link for the AC Reboot and FM7 tracks for AC?

I've had a hell of a week full of comedy and tragedy regarding hard drives dying, and have lost my AC install as well as all the considerable sized mod backups folder, just in time for my new hmd arriving. This weekend is going to be fun hunting down whatever mods I can remember...

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
LOL. And yet, it probably looks pretty cool in VR. Can you have too much stuff in the skies? My brain says you probably can, but I think I'd have to see it to be sure.
1,000 is crazy. It was done as a fuckabout, really, and a technical exercise - not for serious use.
You do feel the mass of the canopy above you in VR with that many though. It's an odd feeling.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a download link for the AC Reboot and FM7 tracks for AC?

I've had a hell of a week full of comedy and tragedy regarding hard drives dying, and have lost my AC install as well as all the considerable sized mod backups folder, just in time for my new hmd arriving. This weekend is going to be fun hunting down whatever mods I can remember...
Aw fuck, I wouldn't know where to begin. I'd strongly advise scanning the last year or two of the GTP AC mods thread for links and asking for suggestions. Nothing gets missed there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/

Also the AC Modding sections at the F1C forums:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any site that has a lot of tracks for Assetto Corsa other then Race Department? I'm looking for the Baltimore Grand Prix track but can't find it on RD.
I *think* this Google doc is kept reasonably up to date. I'm not aware of a Baltimore GP track though (at least - it doesn't ring a bell, unless it's known by another name). If I've got it I'll upload it later.

Dijital_Majik this might also help you with downloading your missing mods?
TJP the Reboot tracks are on there too.

Also, don't forget Legion's blog. He's got some great cars and tracks on their that don't tend to get uploaded elsewhere.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 Updates as a blog post: https://www.studio-397.com/2019/11/content-updates/

Latest Updates!

• Porsche Cup Endurance package
  • Reiza pack
  • Nürburgring new layouts
  • Nissan GT500
  • Aston Martin Vantage

Nissan GT500 2013
v2.01
- Updated to new materials
- Adjusted the windows in and out GMT so it can be skinned
- Rim LODs fixed smoothing groups
- Adjusted smoothing groups for all tire LODs
- Added proper icons
- Updated Templates (All PSD templates are located in ...\rFactor2\Templates)

Aston Martin Vantage GTE
v1.05
Minor fix to show proper GTE badge on steering wheel

Nürburgring Nordschleife (2018)
v1.41
- Added thre new layouts: Sprint, Sprint No Chicane, Endurance.

Porsche 991 GT3 Cup
v1.25
- Added Porsche Cup Endurance Package
The Endurance package consists of different dampers and 2 sets of softer springs, compared to the Supercup specification. The Endurance package also comes with ABS system and aerodynamic package: front fender flares + rear wing 10mm gurney flap and restricts the engine power output to a nominal 413PS. Additionally The Endurance package also comes with a possibility to refuel the car, with fuel tank capacity lowered to 95L, compared to 100L with the Supercup specification. The car also weights 30kg more.

Reiza Pack

Imola 88
v1.07
- Fixed various reported wall collision issues and holes
Imola 01
v1.07
Fixed various reported wall collision issues and holes
MCR 2000
v1.11
- Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity; Slight graphical height correction
Metalmoro AJR
v1.09
- Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity; Slightly downgraded Judd V10 performance to better match that of other engine variants; Added turbo model to AJR Honda Turbo variant
Metalmoro MR18
v1.09
- Added turbo model; Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Porsche 991 GT3 Cup
v1.25
- Added Porsche Cup Endurance Package
The Endurance package consists of different dampers and 2 sets of softer springs, compared to the Supercup specification. The Endurance package also comes with ABS system and aerodynamic package: front fender flares + rear wing 10mm gurney flap and restricts the engine power output to a nominal 413PS. Additionally The Endurance package also comes with a possibility to refuel the car, with fuel tank capacity lowered to 95L, compared to 100L with the Supercup specification. The car also weights 30kg more.
There it is. Maybe it would have been smarter to release this endurance spec alongside the Nürburgring DLC and then add the Supercup spec version 2 months later. Or at least put the info in the release notes, that the Nordschleife needs a different spec/setup and not leave customers in the dark about why this drives so crappy on the track they bought with the car together.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
I *think* this Google doc is kept reasonably up to date. I'm not aware of a Baltimore GP track though (at least - it doesn't ring a bell, unless it's known by another name). If I've got it I'll upload it later.

Dijital_Majik this might also help you with downloading your missing mods?
TJP the Reboot tracks are on there too.

Also, don't forget Legion's blog. He's got some great cars and tracks on their that don't tend to get uploaded elsewhere.

Excellent, thank you so much Mascot ! Both those links are amazing!

I managed to get a recovery of my hdd that had the mods, and even though most of the files are corrupt, I now at least have a full list of what I had, neatly organised into folders to go thorugh in order.

Planning to hit up f1c for that Bazza goodness, RD should be straightforward, and that GTP thread will probably take the most time, but I feel confident now I can get it sorted. I've already gone through some download sections on a few discords, and got all paid mods re-downloaded. If any thing I'll end up with a more concise and focussed lot of mods that I'll actually use, rather than the 300+GB mess that I had before. Finally using the Reverb will soften the blow too hopefully.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
There it is. Maybe it would have been smarter to release this endurance spec alongside the Nürburgring DLC and then add the Supercup spec version 2 months later. Or at least put the info in the release notes, that the Nordschleife needs a different spec/setup and not leave customers in the dark
That's not the rF2 way to do things. Logic and reasoning isn't part of the ethos; keeping people guessing is!