• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Tried Oesterreichring and Kyalami yet (with a driveable car)? Both of those are doozies.
Both aree AMS rips so I'm not surprised! If you haven't already bought AMS, Ii urge you to as it is an amazing sim with little known tracks from Brazil and plenty of well known ones plus the mods are mostly awesome.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Forgot to post a pic of my end-of-race chequered flag tweak for AC. I swapped out Kunos's fugly grade-school effort with this image of Bibendum, and moved it front and centre for VR. Don't snigger too loudly, I'm very easily offended.

7KATJHF.jpg
[/IMG]
7KATJHF.jpg

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Spielberg Historic has been in AMS for quite some time 8) There is a mega track pack on RD with 28 tracks and 41 layouts as well. The 1998 CART season has also been added to AMS too.

Ah, I knew about the CART mod and his mega track pack (have those). Forgot that the Oesterreichring is what is now called the Red Bull Ring, lol.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
About time you became a sim slut and bought AMS; it's on sale right now.

As someone who thinks AMS is the best sim of the group, I can still see why he wouldn't buy it. VR really does ruin a lot of things (including limiting your sim options). It's a real shame Reiza had to can VR support for AMS. Wish they could have came to grips with how to make it. Obviously LFS was a DX9 game that found a way. And let's not even talk about the wizardry that occurred with the Richard Burns Rally mod/hack that injected it with VR. I honestly think RBR has the best VR UI of the whole lot. The dude who pulled that off is insane.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who thinks AMS is the best sim of the group, I can still see why he wouldn't buy it. VR really does ruin a lot of things (including limiting your sim options). It's a real shame Reiza had to can VR support for AMS. Wish they could have came to grips with how to make it. Obviously LFS was a DX9 game that found a way. And let's not even talk about the wizardry that occurred with the Richard Burns Rally mod/hack that injected it with VR. I honestly think RBR has the best VR UI of the whole lot. The dude who pulled that off is insane.

What is it you mean by "VR really does ruin a lot of things"..?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
What is it you mean by "VR really does ruin a lot of things"..?

Ruins my ability to play AMS is #1. This applies to a number of other racing titles, but AMS is #1 on the list.

I also feel it's a lot more inconvenient for me. Admittedly, this just because of my current set-up. If I wanna race for 15 minutes, I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting everything set up the way it needs to be.

So I guess it was bad phrasing on my part. It's really just two things. With the first one being a major downside. Still, once you've been to the promised land, there's no going back. So you just learn to play with what you can.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Think he means, once you go VR there is no going back to a monitor.

I personally can use it either way still but there is no going back to a monitor with iRacing at least.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Ruins my ability to play AMS is #1. This applies to a number of other racing titles, but AMS is #1 on the list.

I also feel it's a lot more inconvenient for me. Admittedly, this just because of my current set-up. If I wanna race for 15 minutes, I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting everything set up the way it needs to be.

So I guess it was bad phrasing on my part. It's really just two things. With the first one being a major downside. Still, once you've been to the promised land, there's no going back. So you just learn to play with what you can.

Gotcha. I feel the same way, but it doesn't take me much longer at all to enter VR compared with 2D racing. Joy2key is a big help there.

Think he means, once you go VR there is no going back to a monitor.

I personally can use it either way still but there is no going back to a monitor with iRacing at least.

I can still enjoy games like GT and FM in 2D by using chase cam and treating them like arcade games, but cockpit view in 2D feels like driving with a neck brace on and a patch over one eye. No doubt triples would be better but they are still in 2D. I don't think I'll ever go back. Seriously.

Mascot you should stiill buy AMS.

I'd never play it mate!

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
RaceRoom RE - AMG GT3 preview:

Man, that looks like a ton of fun. I tried RaceRoom back when it came out, and thought it was cool, but never got into it (at the time, I still think I had just my dfgt, and the candy store of mods for rFactor seemed more interesting to me). Tried it out last night and HOLY SHIT it was awesome. I had heard tons about how amazing the audio was, but I don't think my ears were ready for what they got, haha. I tried the Saleen at the hillclimb first, and it was just absolutely nuts. I think I might just grab the premium package early next year (or if it goes on sale more for black friday or something), because it sounds like it has a lot of awesome content available for it. Plus, I'm more of an offline racer, and it seems more polished than a lot of other sims in that respect. Not having to deal with mods probably helps with that too.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that looks like a ton of fun. I tried RaceRoom back when it came out, and thought it was cool, but never got into it (at the time, I still think I had just my dfgt, and the candy store of mods for rFactor seemed more interesting to me). Tried it out last night and HOLY SHIT it was awesome. I had heard tons about how amazing the audio was, but I don't think my ears were ready for what they got, haha. I tried the Saleen at the hillclimb first, and it was just absolutely nuts. I think I might just grab the premium package early next year (or if it goes on sale more for black friday or something), because it sounds like it has a lot of awesome content available for it. Plus, I'm more of an offline racer, and it seems more polished than a lot of other sims in that respect. Not having to deal with mods probably helps with that too.
Hold off until RaceRoom have a large sale with everything at a discount which based on history will be during the lead up to Xmas.

The Saleen is one of the many early R3E cars that need an update to the tyre and physics models. The free cars have all been updated (and will likely be updated again) so be sure to try them out & test drive the ADAC & DTM cars which were created with the assistance of drivers from the respective series.

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Hold off until RaceRoom have a large sale with everything at a discount which based on history will be during the lead up to Xmas.

The Saleen is one of the many early R3E cars that need an update to the tyre and physics models. The free cars have all been updated (and will likely be updated again) so be sure to try them out & test drive the ADAC & DTM cars which were created with the assistance of drivers from the respective series.

For sure, thanks for the heads up. And yeah, as far as physics goes, I wasn't paying TOO much attention when I was messing around in the Saleen. Will be interesting to try some newer stuff. Still a lot of fun though, and sounds like the devil incarnate.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where to discuss this..........it's not really a racing sim, but it is on PC (although I am not).......but.....

Spintires mudrunner, anyone else playing it?, I never got to play spintires on the PC, although I wanted to, so I picked up mudrunner on the PS4 today, played the tutorial and one of the challenges, and it's quite fun, and works fairly well on the DS4 pad.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 October Roadmap update: https://www.studio-397.com/2017/10/roadmap-update-october-2017/

Studio 397 said:
We're nearing the end of the year, which is a good time to start looking ahead at what the new year will bring, but also to look back and reflect on the current year. At the start of 2017 we were still building our team and roadmap, and I think it is fair to say that we did not anticipate all the interesting conversations, partnerships and opportunities that presented themselves in the months that followed. Even though, we knew when we started that there were a few key areas in rFactor 2 we had to address.

The graphics engine needed to be upgraded to DX11 for two reasons. First of all, it enabled us to implement VR. On top of that, from an artistic and technical point of view, it allowed us to start evolving our graphics engine. Of course, we started with a "make or buy" decision as there are obviously existing graphics (or rather game) engines around we could have chosen. Nevertheless, remaining backward compatible was an important goal with our existing content, and we felt that this would have been difficult with a completely new engine. So instead, we chose to build a new DX11 engine, taking the current engine as a starting point. We are now confident that the new engine is more capable and ready for the future. By addressing some of the weak points of the DX9 engine we are building something that is starting to look really beautiful.

We also wanted to replace the existing UI with something that was more maintainable, flexible and future-proof. Throughout the year, we've already previewed quite a few screenshots and artist's impressions, and by now I'm sure everybody is wondering when we will release the first version. The client part of the UI is in private beta testing now, and we are receiving lots of feedback about all aspects of it. During the World's Fastest Gamer we've also previewed parts of the competition infrastructure, at that point still as a separate user interface in a browser, but eventually these parts will also end up in game. We are still working on some other parts, such as the Launcher, the dedicated server and a new HUD and overlay system that is scheduled to replace plugins that were drawing directly to the screen in DX9. It is fair to say that all of these tasks are taking more time than we expected, so bear with us for a little while longer!

The third thing we wanted to do is build high-quality and high-profile content that was properly licensed. A lot of people were also telling us they preferred series over individual cars. So we set out to license five GT3 cars. Finishing them this month was very satisfying and kept us incredibly busy at Studio 397. The GT3 Power Pack includes the previously released McLaren 650S GT3, previously announced Bentley Continental GT3, along with the teased Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R and surprise Mercedes AMG GT3 and Radical RXC Turbo GT3 cars. As our first pack and DLC this has been a great learning experience, and we're very grateful to our team, our testers, and you, our customers, for dealing with the pressures and effects that came along with it. We're very pleased with the results, and hope you'll enjoy these fantastic vehicles. And one more thing, we are in the final phase of testing an update that addresses the low framerates that some of you have been experiencing with higher quality shadow settings, and we hope to have that released before the end of this week.

More at the link...

OP
OP
Big Takeover

Big Takeover

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I really should be practicing some laps with the SRF, sorry BT/BL.
Get crackin! I'll PM you a half-way decent setup.
What's up? It's been a while since I've posted in one of these threads.
It's funny how many people I've seen be like "what's up guys?" after being MIA on GAF for years. Good to see you!
Native UI? Oh, nice! I'm so glad they were able to sneak that in at the end of development.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Carrying on a conversation from Discord: I've finally worked out why I could never limit the RRRE framerate! The Raceroom Racing Experience option in Nvidia Inspector wasn't actually linking itself to the game and instead I made a fresh profile and attached it to the RRRE.exe and it worked! However, for reasons I can't explain, it's had the exact opposite effect and exacerbated the slight juddery framerate that I had. I've since gone back to the standard unlocked framerate.
Get crackin! I'll PM you a half-way decent setup.
See you on race day!
Good news about the further optimization. I hope 397 can sell a few more copies of the GT3 back, as they've probably only broken even so far.

Also, I'm not sure if this a new 'feature' in rF2 or has only been introduced since 397 took over, but their loading is woefully inefficient. If I choose a particular car to drive and give the same car model/texture to 104 AIs, the game will load that car 105 times! I'd understand if there were 105 different skins, but there's one. I wonder if the same is true for track objects/textures?

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure where to discuss this..........it's not really a racing sim, but it is on PC (although I am not).......but.....

Spintires mudrunner, anyone else playing it?, I never got to play spintires on the PC, although I wanted to, so I picked up mudrunner on the PS4 today, played the tutorial and one of the challenges, and it's quite fun, and works fairly well on the DS4 pad.
I checked out some videos and it does look interesting, but there's no way it would maintain my interest for very long once the novelty wore off.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
On a bit of a whim I just bought a 'nearly new, used a couple of times' TH8RS and Playseat mount for £60. In know that's the 'old' PS4/PC only model but it'll only be used on PC so should be fine. Reviews say it's mechanically identical to the TH8A. Pretty happy with that price as the TH8A seems to go for not less than £115 (I missed the one-off £70 Amazon deal earlier in the year) and the Playseat mount is normally around £30 by itself.

I'll probably never use it anyway because VR etc, but whatevs.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
I have been considering purchasing F1 2017 (Do we have an OT for the game? I searched but I didn't find one.) However, no VR support is a huge turnoff. Have Codemasters mentioned any plans to add VR to the game? I find it a really odd omission considering DIRT Rally had VR support.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
On a bit of a whim I just bought a 'nearly new, used a couple of times' TH8RS and Playseat mount for £60. In know that's the 'old' PS4/PC only model but it'll only be used on PC so should be fine. Reviews say it's mechanically identical to the TH8A. Pretty happy with that price as the TH8A seems to go for not less than £115 (I missed the one-off £70 Amazon deal earlier in the year) and the Playseat mount is normally around £30 by itself.

I'll probably never use it anyway because VR etc, but whatevs.
Great price! I also still use a TH8RS. There should be no issue with using it in VR...

I have been considering purchasing F1 2017 (Do we have an OT for the game? I searched but I didn't find one.) However, no VR support is a huge turnoff. Have Codemasters mentioned any plans to add VR to the game? I find it a really odd omission considering DIRT Rally had VR support.
They have 'no plans'. Their VR support dried up after Dirt Rally. It was apparently not financially viable for them to add it (they had to charge for adding PSVR support on the PS4 version), and there was no VR development for Dirt 4. The F1 series was even less likely to get VR support unfortunately.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
They have 'no plans'. Their VR support dried up after Dirt Rally. It was apparently not financially viable for them to add it (they had to charge for adding PSVR support on the PS4 version), and there was no VR development for Dirt 4. The F1 series was even less likely to get VR support unfortunately.

Oh well, seems such a shame. If any studio/publisher should be focused on implementing VR it would be Codemasters, even for their more arcade orientated racers.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I used to love AC's FFB, but after my changes to AMS's realfeelplugin.ini, rF2's USF2000 and many cars in Project CARS 2, the FFB in Assetto Corsa feels stale. It's just rubbery-springy and damp. It feels right for some cars that have soft-meaty tires and big rubber bushings in the suspension/steering linkage, but for the race cars it's really hard to go back to for me.

I've tried the Experimental FFB Gyro setting in the AssettoCorsa.ini with dampening minimum and gain set to 0, but it's basically feels like there is no difference. I don't think playing with the LUT and Gamma would help me, since it just adjusts the strength but not the speed/acceleration and oscillation frequency of the FFB(oh and my skip steps is also set to 0, so that doesn't help either).
Does anyone know what I mean with "rubber bushings" feel in AC and have an idea how to improve it?

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Great price! I also still use a TH8RS. There should be no issue with using it in VR...

I'm quite excited - there's nothing quite like banging down through the box with a stick in a performance car. I've used the two types of Fanatec Porsche shifters before (and modded them all which was great fun) but this will obviously be a substantial upgrade. I've been half-looking at the Clubsport shifter but spotted this TH8RS and it seemed too good to pass up. It's going to be nice to use my clutch pedal again, but I've been driving sequential/tiptronic in real life for the past few years so it'll probably take some adjusting to.

The VR comment was really about my concerns regarding the disconnect between what you see and what you do. I've got used to seeing my VR arm reach for the gearstick while paddle-shifting in reality but I'm wondering how odd it'll be if I'm shifting on the left and my avatar is shifting on the right.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
The VR comment was really about my concerns regarding the disconnect between what you see and what you do. I've got used to seeing my VR arm reach for the gearstick while paddle-shifting in reality but I'm wondering how odd it'll be if I'm shifting on the left and my avatar is shifting on the right.

Haha. :)

I'm from the UK and my race setup reflects that, right hand drive with my H-shifter on my left side. Being fairly new to this whole VR stuff, and with most race cars being left (wrong) hand drive it took some getting used to. it still can break the immersion somewhat but it doesn't stop me from enjoying VR.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

That's pretty funny but that's a legitimate concern. I bet it will actually mess with your head a bit. I do think you would get used to it pretty quickly even if it did feel odd at first though. Even something as simple as different wheel shapes in-game feel kind of weird to me at first but it doesn't take long for my brain to get used to it.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also from the UK and my shifter is on the right, because the vast majority of H-pattern sim cars are LHD. I didn't originally do this for VR immersion (as I installed this shifter long before I used VR) - I just felt it worked better on that side. Plus, my rig is positioned in my room where it only makes sense to get in from the left, so not having the shifter in the way is helpful too.

Despite the fact my shifter is on the 'wrong' side for a UK driver, I had absolutely no problem shifting in VR just by feel. I think you'll be surprised how easy it is, Mascot.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also from the UK and my shifter is on the right, because the vast majority of H-pattern sim cars are LHD. I didn't originally do this for VR immersion (as I installed this shifter long before I used VR) - I just felt it worked better on that side. Plus, my rig is positioned in my room where it only makes sense to get in from the left, so not having the shifter in the way is helpful too.

Despite the fact my shifter is on the 'wrong' side for a UK driver, I had absolutely no problem shifting in VR just by feel. I think you'll be surprised how easy it is, Mascot.
I think I might try it on the RHS too (I'm also from the UK) for the very reasons you describe - I also get in and out of my rig on the left and most sim cars are LHD. Fully expecting it to feel weird though after over thirty years of doing it the other way..!

It seems quite a few people mod the TH8 for a shorter throw either by shortening the shaft or modding the gate. Anyone here tried it?

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
SRO Motorsports Group have just signed an exclusive deal with a game developer..time to guess which game dev team bought the GT3 licence (hint: I have no idea). It will be interesting to see who got the licence.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
SRO Motorsports Group have just signed an exclusive deal with a game developer..time to guess which game dev team bought the GT3 licence (hint: I have no idea). It will be interesting to see who got the licence.
Exclusive GT3 deal? That sounds like Very Bad News indeed.

GTR3?

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Please don't be an asshole like sector3/simbin and ban other people from getting GT3 cars. Please please please. I still miss official dtm cars in my sims :(

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell. My Rift has started telling me that the HDMI cable isn't connected. Un/replugging at both the HMD and PC ends doesn't fix it. Bastard.

Trying a fresh install of Oculus software...

Edit: nope. It's dead. Bah.

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Please don't be an asshole like sector3/simbin and ban other people from getting GT3 cars. Please please please. I still miss official dtm cars in my sims :(
What?

Sector 3 have never stopped anyone else from acquiring the licences to series; it is the licence holders themselves who often impose restrictions. Why do you think Sector 397 went for the ADAC series verses the official GT3 licence.

From what I recall, the DTM licence was not renewed because it was very expensive and the licence holder placed very restrictive covenants about the DTM series e.g. the DTM cars racing on DTM tracks only etc.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
It seems quite a few people mod the TH8 for a shorter throw either by shortening the shaft or modding the gate. Anyone here tried it?
I have briefly tried a TH8 fitted with the Ricmotech 'Short Throw Kit' - felt pretty nice. Makes the throw feel more like the Fanatec ClubSport shifter. I know Big Takeover has one. I'm so used to the standard design I haven't considered changing it tbh.

Fucking hell. My Rift has started telling me that the HDMI cable isn't connected. Un/replugging at both the HMD and PC ends doesn't fix it. Bastard.

Trying a fresh install of Oculus software...

Edit: nope. It's dead. Bah.
Nooo! Have you tried reseating all the USBs too? Hopefully they can RMA it quickly if not. Turnaround should be faster these days.

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
What?

Sector 3 have never stopped anyone else from acquiring the licences to series; it is the licence holders themselves who often impose restrictions. Why do you think Sector 397 went for the ADAC series verses the official GT3 licence.

From what I recall, the DTM licence was not renewed because it was very expensive and the licence holder placed very restrictive covenants about the DTM series e.g. the DTM cars racing on DTM tracks only etc.
It happens on most licensing deals. The manufacturer is never the side that wants exclusivity. The wish of porsche being exclusive to EA never came from porsche. EA themselves wanted porsche all to themselves and re-sold the license to anyone with deep enough pockets. The track restriction? that can easily be handled with a bit of code. Look at Kunos restricting ferrari formula1 cars to race against themselves.

If dtm said "okay guys, if you want the license, you come directly to us but we have these technical restraints" we would've seen dtm in other sims too since dtm still isn't dead and somewhat popular. But i still have hope. Sector3 didn't renew and after the convergence of supergt and dtm is complete, we might see a dtm series in one of our sims after all. I love me some silhouette racing.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Do those mod tracks on AMS have the dynamic track on them or are they static? AMS is great I just wish I had more time to play it. I'd love to do a custom championship on it some day.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I have briefly tried a TH8 fitted with the Ricmotech 'Short Throw Kit' - felt pretty nice. Makes the throw feel more like the Fanatec ClubSport shifter. I know Big Takeover has one. I'm so used to the standard design I haven't considered changing it tbh.

There's a whole bunch of interesting mods on YouTube involving things like rubber bands and chopped-up CDs. I love this kind of stuff. I think I have as much fun pissing about with my sim hardware as I do actually using it.

Nooo! Have you tried reseating all the USBs too? Hopefully they can RMA it quickly if not. Turnaround should be faster these days.

I think I've tried every suggestion in cyberspace today. It wasn't quite what I had planned for my day off work - it's been very frustrating. I'll drop it back to the retailer on Saturday so hopefully they'll do a straight swap there and then - it's only a few months old, after all. If they try to palm me off with sending it off for repair then they might find they have a very shouty customer in their superstore.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I think I need to explain what I know about the DTM licence and all other series.

When a dev buys a series licence such as DTM, it is for the legal right to display the name and logo of the series. The dev team then need to then buy the individual rights to the vehicles from the manufacturer, each track and liveries from each team.

The track restrictions come directly from the DTM licence holders; if R3E allowed the DTM experience package to race on non DTM tracks, S3 would contrivene the agreement specified by DTM management to run DTM cars on only DTM tracks via the DTM experience packages.

The lack of DTM series licence is why the DTM cars are now grouped by year and can be raced on all tracks in R3E.

If dtm said "okay guys, if you want the license, you come directly to us but we have these technical restraints" we would've seen dtm in other sims too since dtm still isn't dead and somewhat popular. But i still have hope. Sector3 didn't renew and after the convergence of supergt and dtm is complete, we might see a dtm series in one of our sims after all. I love me some silhouette racing.
I'm not sure I follow "our sims".

You can find DTM cars in project CARS and older DTM cars in AC, although neither has the official licence. There is nothing stopping any dev team from getting a DTM or any other cars such as GT500, V8 Supercar or BTCC directly from the manufacturer as it is their IP.

rF2 has a BTCC Honda and GT500, GT1 and GT4 Nissans amongst other licenced vehicles without the series licences.

Further, United Racing Design has a T5 mod for rF2 and Assetto Corsa so you can enjoy the DTM cars in these sims and there is probably all manner of rips for rFactor. From memory, DTM cars are also in Grid Autosport.

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusive GT3 deal? That sounds like Very Bad News indeed.

GTR3?
Not GTR3 from what I read.

I have zero idea what is going on with GTR3. The UE4 tech with isimotor physics is apparently working and has been seen by S3. PRC spoke with the company who made the SimBin UK PC's and stated there is a team of 15 people working on GTR3.

gtr34.jpg

If restricted licences aren't your thing, you better start learning to hate Kunos, Studio 397 or ISI as they were listed as the likely partners of SRO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Takeover

Big Takeover

Oct 25, 2017
Studio 397 seems like the likely home, since they appear to be all aboard the GT3 train now. iRacing currently licenses Blancpain, so if this is exclusive, I wonder what they'll do with renaming/rejiggering those series.

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I think I need to explain what I know about the DTM licence and all other series.

When a dev buys a series licence such as DTM, it is for the legal right to display the name and logo of the series. The dev team then need to then buy the individual rights to the vehicles from the manufacturer, each track and liveries from each team.

The track restrictions come directly from the DTM licence holders; if R3E allowed the DTM experience package to race on non DTM tracks, S3 would contrivene the agreement specified by DTM management to run DTM cars on only DTM tracks via the DTM experience packages.

The lack of DTM series licence is why the DTM cars are now grouped by year and can be raced on all tracks in R3E.

I'm not sure I follow "our sims".

You can find DTM cars in project CARS and older DTM cars in AC, although neither has the official licence. There is nothing stopping any dev team from getting a DTM or any other cars such as GT500, V8 Supercar or BTCC directly from the manufacturer as it is their IP.

rF2 has a BTCC Honda and GT500, GT1 and GT4 Nissans amongst other licenced vehicles without the series licences.

Further, United Racing Design has a T5 mod for rF2 and Assetto Corsa so you can enjoy the DTM cars in these sims and there is probably all manner of rips for rFactor. From memory, DTM cars are also in Grid Autosport.
Are there any licensed post 2000 dtm cars in iracing/ac/rfactor2/pcars2/ams? The only one was pcars1 mercedes 2013 model and that was shady. I believe they couldn't even get the liveries and no, mods don't count. Official content always reigns supreme, physics wise.

Last edited:

throwawayname

Oct 25, 2017
Going to resub to Iracing for a month and see how it'll go after 3 years, iirc I got to C license and tried 1 or 2 RUF races before quitting. Please tell me I don't have to buy the 911 if I already have the Ruf cars...
I'll probalby run Skippys and /or Porsche Cup and get lapped for a while.