• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017

Good - Amazing Go kart with very realistic handling - 3 High quality laser scanned go kart tracks - Amazing to drive in VR - Perfect VR scale / immersion ( with high end PC and mid settings) - Perfect tool to learn the real world tracks - Perfect tool to practise for real world go karting - DD wheel FFB lets you get very close to real thing

Bad - High price (in the context of home simulators) - RF2 is very demanding to run in VR - Loading takes a very long time - Hard to find people to race with online - AI can struggle at times ( depends on settings)

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you email them, they should be able to swap that for you.

Decided to keep it in the end. Put a few laps in at Okoyama (this weeks race and its a track I like) and i actually quite like the car, its pretty fun to drive (but challenging) and the races are well populated. The schedule for the rest of this season looks decent as well.

I'll get the Porsche at the start of next season.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm already counting it down. Hope we don't get busy here at work around that time...

EDIT: Looks like I managed to get a set. Didn't order the heel plate as I guess I really don't need it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Takeover

Big Takeover

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Looks like I managed to get a set. Didn't order the heel plate as I guess I really don't need it.
jumpwzpoa.gif

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Chris said he sold out in 4 minutes. Pretty nuts for hardcore sim racing gear.

I hate to be that guy, but he's obviously under-pricing things. And it's not like he's getting rich off this. I'm not sure why he doesn't raise the price till he gets a better equilibrium between supply and demand.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
At least we'll know who to blame if he does now..!

:P

I feel bad even saying it.

But am I completely wrong in thinking it's only his second batch? It feels like the first batch was forever ago (and every time I've ever looked, there's been no option to order). Just seems like something is wrong with your plan when you go forever between batches and the second batch sells out in 4 minutes.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
The author of the mod wants it deleted as pedants at RD nitpick all manner of issues from the colour of the BRG to the shaders. Then there are the physics gurus who seem to know more than Lord Kunos.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
The modding scene is one of my favourite aspects of this hobby that I love so much but MAN ALIVE I'm sometimes completely embarrassed by some of the primadonna posturing and synthetic drama that seems too often to be a part of it.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/jaguar-xj13.124367/page-8

Not sure if he's just going through something right now but I feel like he is overreacting just a tad. I drove the car last night for quite a while and it's even more fun to drive with the OSW. The one guy was kind of being an ass about the color of it though. I've said it before but the sim racing community can be very toxic.

Anyways yeah, I think he's being a little dramatic. I and many others already have the mod so I don't see where removing it is doing any good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The modding scene is one of my favourite aspects of this hobby that I love so much but MAN ALIVE I'm sometimes completely embarrassed by some of the primadonna posturing and synthetic drama that seems too often to be a part of it.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/jaguar-xj13.124367/page-8

"The community doesn't match me"

Holy shit lmao this guy...

Anyway, for the last couple of weeks I've been playing iRacing pretty much exclusively. Ok ok it's more expensive (I've subbed for the next 3 months and bought a bunch of stuff) but it's so refreshing to not have to faff around with mods, FFB, tweaking AI sliders etc. Everything is so simple and just... works. I click a couple of buttons, I'm straight into a practice session then I just... race and have fun. I have to say it's quite refreshing.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I'm eternally grateful to car and track modders - Assetto wouldn't be half as much fun without all this additional content, and the vast majority of it is given away for free. But if you put something that you've created - anything - out in the public domain, then by default you are inviting comment and opinion. If you can't treat criticism and praise as equals then you really shouldn't have released that content, because you're just making a rod for your own back. What's odd about this particular case is the modder effectively saying he doesn't care about the issues that are affecting other people as he made the car purely for himself. So why release it then? This guy is also extremely critical and opinionated on other forums, so maybe he's just a little too precious about his own work? It's a shame he's thrown his toys out of the pram in such dramatic fashion as he does create some really good stuff. His early WIP 'April Fools' track is fantastic fun even in its bare-bones state, and if he's true to his word then it'll unfortunately never get a public release in a finished state.

This is all pretty tame compared to some of the asshattery that goes on in Facebook mod groups though. Some of those idiots set themselves up as superstars but pump total shit out, and then believe the gushing praise from their army of sycophants.

In other news, I've bought a motion platform.

Edit: and been fiddling with stumpy knobs again...

jZxyCne.png

This one's a keeper. Feels fantastic.

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I even overlooked the casual 'oh I also bought a motion platform' comment as well, lol. Which one?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't overlook it, but I definitely thought "Man, that's a helluva way to bury the lead." LOL

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Oops sorry, yep NLV3.
Been researching for quite a while and decided this was the one I'd eventually go for then saw a good deal with almost 20% off. With the Sim Lab P1 arriving soon I figured... why not?

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
My antivirus (Nod32) went nuts on the mediafire links due to the shrink URL website not liking ublock origin and sending my web browser (FF) off to dodgy websites.

Edit: not to discredit Mascot's links; more a warning if anything.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
My antivirus (Nod32) went nuts on the mediafire links due to the shrink URL website not liking ublock origin and sending my web browser (FF) off to dodgy websites.

Edit: not to discredit Mascot's links; more a warning if anything.
Mine worked fine with uBlock Origin for some reason.
I wish everyone would just use Mega instead of scrounging 39p annually from these fucking ad links.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Are you using Firefox or Google's spy browser? It may have been ESET being a little too sensitive but that's why I test their software for them 8)

Curitiba seemed to me to be a poor Race 07 rip; Let Man's was fine although I want the classic layout for the DRM mod.

Nogaro is from rF2 and was a quality conversion; same for NOLA (although the track is boring).

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first DQ in iRacing last night while attempting the half distance C class race at Bristol. I wasn't 100% committed to doing the race anyways as I felt like it was going to be a disaster and it was. I've never in my life driven around so many aggressive assholes, driving like maniacs in the first 50 laps of a 250 lap race. Plus iRacings bullshit ratings system that punishes someone for getting caught up in other peoples wrecks and I have no where to go. Most of my incidents were 0x anyways and I don't see why they count against me, especially on a damn short track like that.

That's the kind of shit that makes me regret spending money like I have. Gonna take a break this week and catch up on some console games while waiting on God of War to release.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Got my first DQ in iRacing last night while attempting the half distance C class race at Bristol. I wasn't 100% committed to doing the race anyways as I felt like it was going to be a disaster and it was. I've never in my life driven around so many aggressive assholes, driving like maniacs in the first 50 laps of a 250 lap race. Plus iRacings bullshit ratings system that punishes someone for getting caught up in other peoples wrecks and I have no where to go. Most of my incidents were 0x anyways and I don't see why they count against me, especially on a damn short track like that.

That's the kind of shit that makes me regret spending money like I have. Gonna take a break this week and catch up on some console games while waiting on God of War to release.
Dave_6 is Empty Box? :O

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is I've yet to watch the entirety of his latest but I had a feeling the same thing happened to him, lol. My race at Texas last week went MUCH better than his but I think mine last night was worse than his.

I'm going to try to finish his vid today. He seemed quite pissed on Twitter and I think just released a new vid about iRacing's ratings system.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Haha I had a similar experience today at Laguna Seca in the skippy (albeit on a much smaller scale). Some idiot didn't move off the start line and half the field ended up wrecked. As the dozen or so of us that got caught up in it tried to make our way round to the pits some people were insisting on still trying to race in their busted up cars with no control over them. What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?

By the time I made it round to the pits I was x10/17 and I lost so much time in doing that and the repairs that I just thought "fuck this", exited out and took the forfeit. Continuing with the race would have been 100% a waste of my time, especially considering my SR was already fucked. I then went and started messing around with photo mode in GT Sport because I just didn't feel like doing any racing after that :/

But yeh, can't wait for god of war to release. I feel like I need a bit of a palete cleanser after a few months of doing pretty much nothing but playing various racing games in my gaming time.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
But yeh, can't wait for god of war to release. I feel like I need a bit of a palete cleanser after a few months of doing pretty much nothing but playing various racing games in my gaming time.
I've been playing through Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2 on and off over the past few months as a change from racing. They still hold up today, are dirt cheap, and it's lovely having tech capable of playing a Crysis game at silky-smooth framerates with absolutely everything maxed out. Wonder if the same will apply to Crysis 3?

I'll miss my PS4 for the first time since ditching it when GoW launches though.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing through Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2 on and off over the past few months as a change from racing. They still hold up today, are dirt cheap, and it's lovely having tech capable of playing a Crysis game at silky-smooth framerates with absolutely everything maxed out. Wonder if the same will apply to Crysis 3?

I'll miss my PS4 for the first time since ditching it when GoW launches though.

The same applies to Crysis 3 if you've got a decent PC (which I assume you do considering you use VR). If anything it was nowhere near as demanding on hardware at it's time of release compared to it's predecessors. Crysis 1 is still the best gameplay wise though.

Oh and that's why I very rarely sell console hardware on the off chance I'll live to regret it at some point. I still even have my Xbox One around...

OP
OP
Big Takeover

Big Takeover

Oct 25, 2017
Ask them for a refund on Bristol. Tell them that you don't believe the infrastructure of the service is effective enough to hold races at that venue. I'm serious.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching EB's video; he nearly made it to the end but it's still quite similar to mine. I got DQ'd around lap 130 though, brushed the wall (a 0x) and bam I'm done. I may have had more 4xs than I realized but every incident other than the very minor wall contact was all just part of short track racing. Someone shouldn't be penalized for unavoidable contact when a wreck on a restart blocks the track and I don't have anywhere to go and can't stop quick enough.

Ask them for a refund on Bristol. Tell them that you don't believe the infrastructure of the service is effective enough to hold races at that venue. I'm serious.

It's tempting to see what they would say but I'm kinda just over it now. The races at Phoenix and Martinsville weren't much better but wound up with decent finishes anyways ; I wasn't feeling it last night so I probably shouldn't have raced.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Oh and that's why I very rarely sell console hardware on the off chance I'll live to regret it at some point. I still even have my Xbox One around...
I've still got my 360 and my PS3, and neither will ever be turned on again. That's why I made a point of selling the PS4 when I got the PC.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching EB's video; he nearly made it to the end but it's still quite similar to mine. I got DQ'd around lap 130 though, brushed the wall (a 0x) and bam I'm done. I may have had more 4xs than I realized but every incident other than the very minor wall contact was all just part of short track racing. Someone shouldn't be penalized for unavoidable contact when a wreck on a restart blocks the track and I don't have anywhere to go and can't stop quick enough.

It's tempting to see what they would say but I'm kinda just over it now. The races at Phoenix and Martinsville weren't much better but wound up with decent finishes anyways ; I wasn't feeling it last night so I probably shouldn't have raced.

Two people got DQed in the Production Car Series race at Phoenix I ran this weekend. Somehow. And it's been an issue in the Advanced Mazda Cup as well

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Online racing can be amazing, but it can also be the exact opposite from what I want from my entertainment. Genuinely curious about how iracing's AI is going to be. I'd much prefer to race against excellent AI (which obviously doesn't exist). Thing I liked most about iracing was their hardware forum, but I let my subscription lapse when the pricing was raised. I'll give them a new trial run when the AI goes live. Cause that's really what I'd prefer.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Online racing can be amazing, but it can also be the exact opposite from what I want from my entertainment. Genuinely curious about how iracing's AI is going to be. I'd much prefer to race against excellent AI (which obviously doesn't exist). Thing I liked most about iracing was their hardware forum, but I let my subscription lapse when the pricing was raised. I'll give them a new trial run when the AI goes live. Cause that's really what I'd prefer.
I've enjoyed my SRS races in AC but I also really like racing the AI. I think it's pretty good overall.

Best racing is always with a bunch of likeminded friends though. Had a whole year of thrice-weekly blasts with a good gang from the pCARS forums when the first game launched. I kind of miss it.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I've still got my 360 and my PS3, and neither will ever be turned on again. That's why I made a point of selling the PS4 when I got the PC.
I must be old as I still have my SNES I bought & a heap of games that actually hold all of the save game data. This is after many years after the last time they were played. Everything still works too back when build quality was a source of pride. My first Xbox lasted 18 months before it died...and was replaced with a highly modded Xbox complete with larger HDD & XBMC when that was the thing to do.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I still have a SNES and a N64 along with a slim PS2. I got my old Xbox 360 Elite back from a friend a few weeks ago so I could play PGR3 and 4.