• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
iRacing season 3 schedule:

https://groeneweg.info/files/ir_schedules/iRacingSchedule2018S3.pdf

The Porsche 911 RSR, Subaru WRX STI and Belle Isle headline this build. The RSR will join several official series including the IMSA Sportscar Championship and both the iRacing Le Mans Series and iRacing Endurance Le Mans series. The WRX will join the newly named iRacing Rallycross Series (iRX) and compete against the VW Beetle and Ford Fiesta. Members will see Belle Isle incorporated into many road racing series as well.
The Radical SR8 is now a FREE car for all members!
In addition to the new content, the Season 3 build includes many new features and enhancements including:
  • Custom Heat Racing on the Beta UI
  • Self Shadowing - Track walls and track-side objects (TSOs) can now self-shadow, and cast shadows on other walls and TSOs.
  • Dynamic Track Updates - The reported track temperature will now be dynamically updated throughout a session.
  • Bloom Lighting Effects - Bloom is a feathered lighting effect that can be seen around the edges of bright lights to make them appear more realistic in the simulation.
  • Pit Exit Lines - The aid will show the line to drive to exit a pit lane if that pit lane has a specific exit that must be followed in order to avoid an unsafe merge black flag.

There are many updates and improvements to existing cars as well.

The Radical SR8 now being free is great. It was always a series I was interested in trying but never purchased the car as the participation numbers for it were dead. It should be well populated now.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017

Typical games industry.
What are the new features? Night and weather.
What do we show? Daytime and sunny.

x4fab's headlight mod has received a big update.
v0.1.20 • Configs for cars, plus main config with some general settings; • Tyres damage and deformation (doesn't work in replays); • Default light range in increased to 240 meters; • Set AC to work on a secondary monitor if needed; • Small fixes and optimizations.

Visual tyre flex is now a thing too.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Typical games industry.

v0.1.20 • Configs for cars, plus main config with some general settings; • Tyres damage and deformation (doesn't work in replays); • Default light range in increased to 240 meters; • Set AC to work on a secondary monitor if needed; • Small fixes and optimizations.

Visual tire flex in a headlight mod... How?

As for ACC these are the options available on the demo rigs:

DfiH22YU0AAMJpT.jpg:large

So rain is an option, someone just needs to capture the bloody thing.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 news.

"Welcome the all-new BMW M8 GTE in our upcoming Endurance pack!"

rf2-endurance-pack-bmw-m8-gte-2-jpg.255500

-BMW M8 GTE
-Porsche 911 RSR GTE
-Corvette C7r GTE
-Norma M30 LMP3
-Oreca 07 LMP2

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Visual tire flex in a headlight mod... How?

As for ACC these are the options available on the demo rigs:

DfiH22YU0AAMJpT.jpg:large

So rain is an option, someone just needs to capture the bloody thing.
So not only is there rain, there's also a race at sunset and a far more interesting track than Monza! It's just like racing anything online the most popular events are always well known tracks and easy to drive cars.

Turn random weather on in a PCars lobby and watch 1/2 the field quit as soon as it loads in rain...

Deleted member 8245

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Typical games industry.

Wowzers.

Competizione looks fine, was kinda expecting it to impress me a little more. Agreed that that footage is the most bland thing possible. Feckin Monza man.

spuck

Oct 28, 2017
London
"Fine" is the perfect way to describe that clip tbh, which is to say that it basically just looks like AC with a different HUD (that HUD does look nice actually - one of the two things I truly dislike about AC is its stock HUD options). The only other thing I dislike about AC is supposedly getting 'fixed' with ACC as well (competitive multiplayer and leaderboards), so more of the same is "fine" by me!

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I was rather hoping that ACC Early Access would be launched to coincide with E3, but nope.

STILL no wet videos from E3? Come on you spunk-palmed neck-bearded Dorito-smelling thundercunts: DEPLOY!

No offence.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017

No night, no weather...
There's nothing overtly wrong with it, but that could be Assetto Corsa with some extra hand animations and wobbly webbing. It looks nice enough (just like AC looks nice enough) but I was kind of expecting more from UE4, more things to make it look more real rather than a videogame. Dust on the windshield, more alpha effects... I don't know.

Slightly concerned that they aren't officially showing night or weather or replays or other racing cars yet. I get the feeling early access might slip to 2019.

UNDERWHELMED!

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Are they joking?

This is what they decide to showcase? I have no words lol.

What's with all the weird flickering objects in the distance?

Maybe I've just come to the conclusion that cockpit view looks robotically shit in anything other than VR.
Pre-alpha though. Let's cut them some slack.
But for the love of God, show some fucking night and weather!

Anyway, ACC is already dead: THE GR SUPRA IS COMING TO AC.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8245

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's with all the weird flickering objects in the distance?
It's the shadows filling in behind the safety fences and other objects. At 0:56 you can see that quite clearly on the left, in the grandstands. It creates a shimmering effect (also probably just an AA thing).

So yeah.. it's not super impressive, but it is pre-alpha, and you would hope these things will improve over time. I must admit I was hoping for a bit more of a wow factor, especially given the rise of night time and weather mods in the original AC lately which make the game look pretty darn good for its' age and where it stands in the market.

My guess is we'll still be with Assetto Corsa for a long while for the sheer flexibility it offers since modders will have no real reason to switch to Competizione if it's more difficult. Competizione will end up being Kunos' place for online racing and more of a competitor to iRacing when it comes to GTs.

Anyways, knowing me, I'll be there day 1 for the alpha/beta/gamma

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Mmmm... about what? They surely must be able to show night and weather since they have it running on the public demo pods at E3. Well, sunset, not night. You get the idea.

One of the Kunos guys said it on their forum. Not exactly as their hands are tied but more footage will come out as the publisher sees fit.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
We should be seeing more from Kunos/ACC at the upcoming Blancpain event in Misano 22-24 June.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't AC (Steam) self published by Kunos? Only since porting AC to the consoles have they been tied to 505 Games as the publisher.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We should be seeing more from Kunos/ACC at the upcoming Blancpain event in Misano 22-24 June.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't AC (Steam) self published by Kunos? Only since porting AC to the consoles have they been tied to 505 Games as the publisher.

Yep. Unless something's changed I didn't think they had a publisher for this game either since they can self publish on steam again.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Day to night transition footage:

Do English speakers not care about sim racing anymore or something :P ?

This all looks fantastic by the way, chomping at the bit for early access. Gimme!

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Day to night transition footage:

Do English speakers not care about sim racing anymore or something :P ?

This all looks fantastic by the way, chomping at the bit for early access. Gimme!

It certainly shows promise, even at this early rough & ready stage.
Not sure about the suspension and body roll. Something looks... off.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Haha. We go from 'this ACC build is shit' to 'ohh night and rain, ACC is awesome' in 5 posts!

The amount of idiots on the internet bemoaning tne lack of cars & tracks is hilarious.ACC is not AC 2!

Footage is as expected; looks a step up from AC and runs smooth. MotoGP 18 shows the rain effects off well enough and I'd expect Kunos to do as good a job with UE4. Will pass judgement on ACC once the beta drops on Steam.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
We go from 'this ACC build is shit' to 'ohh nignt and rain; its awesome' in 10 posts!

Blame Kunos/505 for hyping night and weather for the past six months then releasing the first official footage as a dry daytime hotlap that frankly looked no better than Project CARS. Initial disappointment was perfectly understandable and entirely justified.

:P

Oct 28, 2017
There isn't much wrong graphically with any of the current crop of sims IMO though, plus it's not like if they pump them up to 11 any of us can run it at 90fps in VR anyway!

Been on the official SimXperience forums to checkout Forza 7 news and we are getting full motion, simvibe and Accuforce support coming very soon! Gonna rip out that T10 developed FFB and use a proper one straight away, will be interesting to see if it's just the physics engine that's giving meh FFB or they just don't understand how to do it properly.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Been on the official SimXperience forums to checkout Forza 7 news and we are getting full motion, simvibe and Accuforce support coming very soon! Gonna rip out that T10 developed FFB and use a proper one straight away, will be interesting to see if it's just the physics engine that's giving meh FFB or they just don't understand how to do it properly.
Can't wait to hear about it.

Any insights would might for an interesting discussion in the FM7 and the Racing Game Physics thread as well.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
I do not understand Studio 397.

Their Endurance car pack is being released in less than 24 hours and they live streamed a preview whilst I was sleeping.

Is this news in the news section of their website? No
Is this news anywhere on their website? No

The only link is on Marcel Offerman's Twitter account.

Does the link work now? No
Is the stream saved on Twitch? No

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I do not understand Studio 397.

Their Endurance car pack is being released in less than 24 hours and they live streamed a preview whilst I was sleeping.

Is this news in the news section of their website? No
Is this news anywhere on their website? No

The only link is on Marcel Offerman's Twitter account.

Does the link work now? No
Is the stream saved on Twitch? No
Same shit, different dev team. I wonder if they know how to market their sim at times...even finding the rF2 store for DLC is stupidly complex for no real reason. The current DLC isn't even listed on the front page for rF2 FFS.

Here is a link to their stream in which the first 15 minutes of the 35 minute video is a static screen: https://www.facebook.com/rFactor2/videos/1886500281400875/

Marcel on RD said:
The release of the pack will be tomorrow, probably around noon CEST.

If you follow some links from SteamDB you can indeed already get to a page where you can buy the pack. We're aware of that and it's a limitation of Steam. The actual cars will be uploaded tomorrow, so you can look at this link as a way to pre-order.

And yes, this evening was one of those days. We practiced this event several times, and still Murphy was particularly active during our live broadcast. Let's just say it was a bit hilarious seeing Rene talk, but not hearing him, while we were trying to tell him his microphone was off. And on such evenings, you then also encounter a problem in Windows as well as this weird bug that had to show up exactly when we wanted to start a live race. Anyway, we learned, we hope you still enjoyed the show. Have a great weekend!