• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Next Level Racing Motion PlaySeat

Adapter - PlaySeat Seat Adapter for the Next Level Motion Platform V3 Mounting on the Playseat Race Seat

Ah I see what you've done, go to the actual link and it will take you to a price comparison website and then it's on Alza.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 - Endurance package now available!

512fx512f

$17.50 USD buys...

GTE
  • BMW M8 GTE v1.09
  • Corvette C7R GTE v1.25
  • Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.19
LMP3
  • Norma M30 v1.17
LMP2
  • Oreca 07 v1.09
More info here: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/06/endurance-pack/

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Only tried the Porker around Silverstone with the AI in tow.

Seems pretty solid thus far and the cars are quite equal in performance.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Next Level Racing Motion PlaySeat

Adapter - PlaySeat Seat Adapter for the Next Level Motion Platform V3 Mounting on the Playseat Race Seat

Ah I see what you've done, go to the actual link and it will take you to a price comparison website and then it's on Alza.
I don't know what you're seeing but when I click the link it takes me here:

Tdglbkg.jpg

It's obviously a scam anyway.. OR IS IT A MISPRICE THAT WILL BE HONOURED..?
Muwahahahahahaha...

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it, I've had a few to drink and have nothing to do until Portugal vs Spain later, bought the endurance pack.

:)

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
A few pages ago, somebody was complaining that rF2 lacked the controls to adjust TCS and ABS strength. Those controls are now there! Along with engine braking strength and engine mapping.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what you're seeing but when I click the link it takes me here:

Tdglbkg.jpg

It's obviously a scam anyway.. OR IS IT A MISPRICE THAT WILL BE HONOURED..?
Muwahahahahahaha...
Hmm it's not taking me to that page, how about you order me one?

I just get redirected by enligo to some price comparison thing even when going via your link. If I go to the shop directly and search I can see two V3 motion platforms, one for £187 and one for £3000 but as soon as I select it redirected?!

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
So does that mean each car now defaults the TCS and ABS to how it would be in real life? Like AC does?

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This pack is incredible. Had a go in everything but the Corvette so far and loving all of it.

The RSR is possibly the best sounding RSR in sim racing.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of Historic Simracing... a fully polished and updated AC Legends GT Classic 2.0 mod

35409337_465844857205001_6961720053523808256_o.jpg

Thanks to lots of help from the AC modding community we were able to create another extensive update for the AC Legends GT mod. Although every car has completely different handling, balance and character, the power to weight ratio's is pretty equal, resulting in close laptimes and –racing.

- Small Block Hero (models, textures)
- DrDoomslab (models, rescaling, textures/ AO and all the little details)
- Mac Ten (models, textures)
- Bazza (physics)

Thanks to DrDoomslab we were able to do a full restauration of the models and really make them shine. All scaling is now properly done, as are driver animations/positions.

In addition to that, we polished the physics (updated suspensions for all cars with live rear axles and
a rebuilt for the BMW CSL (now fitted with proper rear semi trailing arm suspension). All cars received higher damper rates and a bit sharper tires with more lateral grip, resulting in more racey behaviour. Besides that, the Ferrari 365 got a complete visual make over from Mac Ten. New sounds for the BMW, Capri, Ferrari and Nissan.
All models got better aerodynamic balance for even better close online (leauge) racing. Most cars now can lap within 0.5 sec, depending on track conditions.

Changelog:
- All cars have improved tires with more lateral grip and raised damper rates for more stability.
- All driver positions are fixed.
- All models have been polished + AO maps. All scaling issues are solved.
- Extensive make over of the Ferrari 365GTB by Mac Ten.

Physics:
- 911 RSR: adjusted roll centers, engine +15hp and 10Nm
- BMW CSL: new sounds, rebuilt suspension (rear semi trailing arms) and tweaked aero
- Ford Capri: new sounds, rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Corvette 67: rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Corvette 69: rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Ferrari 365: adjusted roll centers
- Nissan GTR: new sounds, adjusted roll centers, improved aero
- Pantera: adjusted roll centers and improved aero.
- Porsche 906: adjusted roll centers.
- Daytona: only better tires.

Note: You need the Porsche DLC 1 to install the Porsche RSR (See instructions in included PDF release notes)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kczzrxaj2oab5va/Assetto+Legends+GT+Classic+2.0+by+Bazza.rar

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Despite owning rFactor 2 for 5 years, it took until today for me to enter an online race. Saw a server, clicked on it, 10 secs after loading qualifying finished and I found myself at the back of 41 drivers, in a new car, on an unfamiliar track.

12 laps later, I finish in 10th place (4th in class from 24), but have lost 5kg in sweat. These cars a f***ing awesome!

For some reason I was expecting rF2's online to be jank, but it was entirely trouble free and even though my ping was 300+, the other cars were stable. Recently, I've felt like a 2nd class iRacing member, so I think I might try switching to rF2 Online for a few weeks.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Great, next day delivery I assume ;).
Of course!

Tiago Lima's Le Mans has had a big update on RD by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd. Is it now better than the 'other' Terra21 version I recently posted?
It's got a night version too.

RD link:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-24h-lemans-2017.2482/

Mediafire link with a couple of updates not yet on RD: mediafire.com file/ybkza5cbfdyzfdk/lemans_2017.zip
(track lines lighting properly at night, floating gantries fixed)

20180614212816_1-jpg.255984

20180614212522_1-jpg.255983

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
So happy for S397 that the pack is a huge success.

A few pages ago, somebody was complaining that rF2 lacked the controls to adjust TCS and ABS strength. Those controls are now there! Along with engine braking strength and engine mapping.
The new TC and ABS control documentation is to be added at a later date from what Marcel said on RD and the official forums. Only the cars from Enduro pack has these controls at the moment.

This pack is incredible. Had a go in everything but the Corvette so far and loving all of it.

The RSR is possibly the best sounding RSR in sim racing.
I would agree on both counts :)

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now if only rF2 would simulate the hybrid systems in LMP1 cars... I hope they sort that out soon.

Honestly, they should look at doing something with WEC in the same way that AC have partnered with Blancpain. The sim is perfectly primed for it.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Might be a long wait for that GHG.

Part of the reason with the URD PX mod being so far behind its AC counterpart is rF2 has no working hybrid systems at all. I guess S397 could add it if they want much like the TC, ABS and engine braking recently added. A 4WD system in rF2 is AWOL too, again unlike AC.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017

Part of the reason with the URD PX mod being so far behind its AC counterpart is rF2 has no working hybrid systems at all. I guess S397 could add it if they want much like the TC, ABS and engine braking recently added. A 4WD system in rF2 is AWOL too, again unlike AC.
With 397 working in this part of the code recently, now would be a sensible time to add hybrid functionality. But as we know, 397 have inherited ISI's non-obvious way of working. So who the hell knows?

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I... Actually had no idea rF2 couldn't simulate 4WD. They have a lot of work to do I guess then so I won't expect anything soon then. As long as they get that UI sorted sooner rather than later then I'll play it a lot more.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017

With 397 working in this part of the code recently, now would be a sensible time to add hybrid functionality. But as we know, 397 have inherited ISI's non-obvious way of working. So who the hell knows?
Indeed..the randomness of rF2 development, at least from the outside, is interesting.

Whilst I love the Endurance pack, that is enough cars for the moment. We need tracks and lots of them ASAP!! There are not high quality tracks to race the LMP, GT3 and GTE on from the actual series these cars belong to. Kick start the 3PA progamme along with more modder friendly tools and literature.

Further gMotor optimisation would be welcome too.

I... Actually had no idea rF2 couldn't simulate 4WD. They have a lot of work to do I guess then so I won't expect anything soon then. As long as they get that UI sorted sooner rather than later then I'll play it a lot more.
It may well be buried in the code base for all we know. I remember reading 4WD wasn't active in rF2 and I am certain it came from the KB & M of an ISi employee.

ISI built some amazing tech into isiMotor 2 that make today's dev teams go 'wow' and I'd be amazed if isiMotor 2.5 didn't have hybrid and alternative drivelines already in the code waiting to be implemented. I see many lines of unused graphical effects (sparks, rain spray flow, smoke flow etc) in the player.json file makes me wonder what is lurking in the code base.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Forgot to mention, the car above was developed in conjunction with Immanuel Vinke, driver of the M6 GT3 for Walkenhorst Motorsport in the Blancpain Endurance Series 2018. He's also a member of Guerrilla Mods.

https://www.facebook.com/ImmanuelVi...&dti=119869641975310&hc_location=group_dialog

Try the car chaps. It's bloody good. Mirror aspect ratio will be fixed, brake lights made brighter, and a few other tweaks are incoming. Oh, and LoDs.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
URD Detroit Mod for rf2 released.

https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/rfactor-2

Jimmy Broadbent ripped them for the EGT & PX mods being unfinished. Tweet is deleted however the URD response isn't: https://twitter.com/UnitedRDesign/status/1008110304486723586

"We are very sorry for that! We will eventually fix that when we are back on track and we can afford a project like that and that we are sure it wont bring us back down! As much as we love PX, its a nightmare for us and allmost brought us completly down.We know a sorry wont fix it https://twitter.com/JimmyBroadbent/status/1008099435858026"

R3E tester with a few questions too: https://twitter.com/ak1504/status/1008105083454787584

Edit: plot thickens on the FB page: "Our old EGT is beeing updated by a league for now. We might buy the update from them and release it. What else will come from new cars we dont know yet" and "Some of our cars are allready available in the enduracers package. The league that is doing update is very interested thought."

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
URD Detroit Mod for rf2 released.

https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/rfactor-2

Jimmy Boradbent ripped them for the EGT & PX mods being unfinished. Tweet is deleted however the URD response isn't: https://twitter.com/UnitedRDesign/status/1008110304486723586

"We are very sorry for that! We will eventually fix that when we are back on track and we can afford a project like that and that we are sure it wont bring us back down! As much as we love PX, its a nightmare for us and allmost brought us completly down.We know a sorry wont fix it https://twitter.com/JimmyBroadbent/status/1008099435858026"

R3E tester with a few questions too: https://twitter.com/ak1504/status/1008105083454787584

Edit: plot thickens on the FB page: "Our old EGT is beeing updated by a league for now. We might buy the update from them and release it. What else will come from new cars we dont know yet" and "Some of our cars are allready available in the enduracers package. The league that is doing update is very interested thought."

Wtf... so URD aren't updating the LMP cars anymore and will instead use a fan made league update?

Last time I buy anything from them then. It's a shame because the Ford GT GTE oooks nice and would go nicely with the recently released endurance pack.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
We haven't really spoken about the DRM Revival 1.1 update from a few weeks ago. What do people think? I'd kind of got used to the shit brakes and teflon tyres for the first few laps in the original release, but must admit that I prefer a bit more grip and grab from the off now, given the option.
Can't say I've noticed any real visual upgrades, but then again I've not really been looking.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Readng between the lines it appears URD had people to make the physics for their 3D models who then dropped off leaving Ales without the means to finalise the physics for the PX, EGT and Super GT.

Meanwhile Ales has worked with a variety of developers, most recently S397 which has likely meant no time for the EGT, PX and the Super GT mod to be updated.

I would have liked a lot more communication from URD and it's apparent from Ales' posts on the S397 forum he knows he's fucked up big time. Jimmy Broadbent called out URD for their lack of communication and abandonment of customers.

The new car has been made with a lot of S397 assistance. This might be the future for URD however they need to make sure to work on the current mods.

Edit: Ales on the S397 forum 'I sayed it before. We didnt abandon the PX, we are still working in that area. I cant give any other infos or car list sofar.
We have some LMP cars we would give out free but we currently dont have enough people to finish them but we are looking for option what we could do around that.
The other thing is we need to accept S397 is licensing cars and that makes our path bit harder. That means that we dont want to risk any issue S397'.

Last edited:

mclaren777

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought the "everything" pack for Raceroom on Thursday (roughly $75 at the current exchange rate) so I could use it for the driving competition at my annual Le Mans party. It was hard to find a car that suited the driving skills of my various friends, but I settled on the Audi TT and left the push-to-pass feature unmapped on the wheel.

We took turns setting laps for 18 hours and it proved to be a great sim.

I now feel bad that I slept on Raceroom for so many years. :(

23297466886_26821cc3c8_k.jpg

spuck

Oct 28, 2017
London
I now feel bad that I slept on Raceroom for so many years. :(

R3E is fantastic, and I'd rate it on par with AC in terms of feel and enjoyment for me, but the ROI for me is super low due to the game's DLC/pricing model, so I don't play it nearly enough as I'd like to because I always chicken out of buying more content. I'd happily pay £15 or £20 for the whole lot, but not £75.

Oct 28, 2017
R3E is fantastic, and I'd rate it on par with AC in terms of feel and enjoyment for me, but the ROI for me is super low due to the game's DLC/pricing model, so I don't play it nearly enough as I'd like to because I always chicken out of buying more content. I'd happily pay £15 or £20 for the whole lot, but not £75.
You can get it all for just over £50 using the less publicised method where they don't need to give steam a cut and thus jack up the prices:

https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/list_page?cat=24

Buy 10,000vRP code, redeem in-game and buy premium pack.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
As a 5+ year beta tester for R3E, it makes me very happy to read such positive user reviews as I've been a part of R3E since day one. It's been a hell of a ride and it's only getting better.

The purchase model sucks; we all know that and it's the decision of RaceRoom and not SimBin or Sector 3. If it wasn't for the RaceRoom events that appear across Europe, R3E would have folded a while ago.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
You can get it all for just over £50 using the less publicised method where they don't need to give steam a cut and thus jack up the prices:

https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/list_page?cat=24

Buy 10,000vRP code, redeem in-game and buy premium pack.
I've already got a bunch of R3E content that I don't use so I'm not sure how much it would cost me to get everything. As TJP says above, the purchase model sucks (GREASY FUCKING GOAT BALLS). If R3E was just a simple content-rich base game with DLC packs then I'd probably be into it and would have bought all the DLC, but there's always this nagging feeling that Sector 3 are trying to stiff me with microtransactions, not helped by the shopping lists that appear whenever I boot the game up. It really pisses me off if I'm honest.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
As a 5+ year beta tester for R3E, it makes me very happy to read such positive user reviews as I've been a part of R3E since day one. It's been a hell of a ride and it's only getting better.

The purchase model sucks; we all know that and it's the decision of RaceRoom and not SimBin or Sector 3. If it wasn't for the RaceRoom events that appear across Europe, R3E would have folded a while ago.
If I had one complaint about RRRE, it would be the amount of steps it takes from initial load to the green light.
Start rF2>Race>Race
Start iRacing>Green button
Start RRRE>Any button>Single race>Go Race>Drive>Continue>Race>Continue... WHY????

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, thanks. Still more than I'd like to spend (especially as any new content will have to purchased separately), but good to know nevertheless.
Yes it's a pain but wait for a 25% off pack price and you will have spare vRP for new content which I just wait for 50% off summer sale each year for individual stuff. Always buy vRP there first though as it's much cheaper.

I've already got a bunch of R3E content that I don't use so I'm not sure how much it would cost me to get everything. As TJP says above, the purchase model sucks (GREASY FUCKING GOAT BALLS). If R3E was just a simple content-rich base game with DLC packs then I'd probably be into it and would have bought all the DLC, but there's always this nagging feeling that Sector 3 are trying to stiff me with microtransactions, not helped by the shopping lists that appear whenever I boot the game up. It really pisses me off if I'm honest.
It does suck yeh, more now they do less content packs so you don't get as big a discount as you used to if you had more content or let you buy packs more than once so you can't get a discount there either!

I don't really need more cars though I just buy the tracks on sale and cars if I really like them. I've spent more on it than any other sim and still not really played it yet but really compared to what we've spent on our rigs it's nothing or compared with iRacing's insane prices and ongoing subscription to use said content, it could be much worse.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which sims that have weather have decent physics in the wet? I was playing a bit of PC2 at the weekend and there was no need to race on the wet line at all, could just drive the racing line with earlier braking.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Which sims that have weather have decent physics in the wet? I was playing a bit of PC2 at the weekend and there was no need to race on the wet line at all, could just drive the racing line with earlier braking.
rFactor 2 is really the only choice for reasonable wet weather simulation at this point.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Has VR performance improved in rF2 as of late? I wanna try out the new pack and I'd like to go back to using VR. Though it is a pain having to manually change steering rotation with each car with an OSW.

mclaren777

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually think the pricing model on Raceroom is fantastic, with one glaring exception: they need to have an All Tracks pack.

That's all I really wanted and I was forced to buy the Everything pack to accomplish it. Realistically, I will only drive 5-6 cars in Raceroom, but I wanted all of the tracks.