• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been driving again some but still not as much as I was. Destiny 2 and FH4 have been taking up a ton of my time lately.

I have enjoyed messing with the night and rain mods and I'm also looking forward to the ACC update this week.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Has anyone ever come across a mod of modern Kyalami, or one circa ~2000? I remember the track from playing SBK2000 on PC and it was my favourite in the game.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever come across a mod of modern Kyalami, or one circa ~2000? I remember the track from playing SBK2000 on PC and it was my favourite in the game.
SBK 2001 is the business. Best Milestone game ever and second to only GP 500.

The closest Kyalami I can find is: https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/kyalami1967

That said, GT Planet (where Mascot now hangs out) has a shedload of cars and tracks to download so try there too.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks TJP, I've been through the GTPlanet thread and didn't find anything. I've been looking for Valencia (Ricardo Tormo), Motorland Aragon and Kyalami for months with no success. I did find a Valencia conversion but it didn't look great. I have the '67 Kyalami and enjoy it.

I hope Mascot finds his way back here. I miss his contributions.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Mascot left? This makes me very sad. I'll admit this thread tends to fall into my "out of sight, out of mind", but every time I seemed to check in, Mascot was either posting links to incredible mods or talking about VR (ie the two most exciting things about PC sim racing).

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, I'll fire it up after I've had dinner. Probably won't try out VR till tomorrow though. I'm a bit tired at the moment...
Not the best of starts for me.

-Started ACC, crashed on menu
-Started ACC, got to Graphics Menu, couldn't see VR support, went back one step, crashed
-Rebooted PC, started ACC, aha, now I have the option to start the game in VR through Steam. Crashed while loading
-Started ACC, I'm in VR! But err, I'm in an empty room, running at 25fps on my 1080ti. There's a floating screen in front of me, asking me to click it to go to the main menu, but my mouse isn't here. -Right, try again, crtl-alt-delete.
-Started ACC, I'm back in the empty room at 25fps and before I can try looking for my mouse, it crashed.

That's enough bugs for one night I tonight.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

-Started ACC, got to Graphics Menu, couldn't see VR support, went back one step, crashed
-Rebooted PC, started ACC, aha, now I have the option to start the game in VR through Steam. Crashed while loading
-Started ACC, I'm in VR! But err, I'm in an empty room, running at 25fps on my 1080ti. There's a floating screen in front of me, asking me to click it to go to the main menu, but my mouse isn't here. -Right, try again, crtl-alt-delete.
-Started ACC, I'm back in the empty room at 25fps and before I can try looking for my mouse, it crashed.

lol I don't feel so bad about waiting till tomorrow now.

25fps sounds promising though ;)

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
I can now get past the VR menus by booting in 2D, adding menu controls to my wheel and then reopening VR.

I was able to launch in 2D and bind up/down/left/right/pause but couldn't find an option for OK/Select/Confirm. I can get down to 'Main Menu' in VR, but nothing on my wheel/pedals/mouse/keypad/XBOX1 controller will confirm and let me load up.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Love the first line of the ACC change log -

Kunos said:
- Fixed "No VR no buy"
- New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
- New Misano World Circuit
- Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
- Setup UI and logic changes to accommodate a big number of damper clicks
- Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
- Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
- Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
- Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
- Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
- Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
- Fine tuning of preset setups
- Setup name now shown on top screen title
- Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed
- UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
- Setup protection against out-of-limits values
- Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
- Setup navigation fixes
- Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
- Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
- FFB option screen sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
- controls.json extra FFB values: minDamper, damperGain
- Stability control is now using different logic
- Reworked driver steering animation
- Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- Added driver assets for the teams featured
- Adjusted water spray effects in the night
- Nurburgring fixes and improvements
- Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
- Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
- Added sharpness option to video settings (make sure you remove external workarounds)
- Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
- Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
- Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
- Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
- Track selection page navigation fixes
- Fixed bug when loading the last game mode settings
- Added auto engine start
- Added auto pitlimiter
- Fixed pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
- Added multiple starting lights logic
- Added pitstop logic (basic) for human and AI
- Added Sprint race weekend system
- Practice and Qualifying Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
- Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can't be set as advanced
- Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
- Fixed wrong weather key in the .json
- Fixed weather selection in UI not resetting after a special event
- Added camera sequence for Full formation lap
- Tweaked marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
- Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flags)
- Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
- Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
- Added base version of end session highlights
- Fixed music still on after clicking drive or restarting
- Audio engine optimizations
- Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
- Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
- Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound in dry and wet conditions
- Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
- Fixed pit alarm sound for Nurburgring
- Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
- Fixed announcer voice stopping after some minutes
- Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
- Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
- Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
- Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
- Slow Motion now affects the entire world
- Fixed slow motion pause state for replay HUD
- Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017

Seems that my crashing may have been overclock related. If I tweak my OC core clock slider one pixel lower (or higher oddly enough), the game seems to be more stable. It's only crashed once since, instead of six times.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Betta Lines, how loud would you say the Podium Series bases are compared to the CSW? I have to actively avoid certain curbs in rF2 due to the rattling noise and fear of waking up my kids. The outside exit curb at Copse in the rF2 Skippy being the worst offender.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
While following the VR instructions from Kunos, I got ACC VR working fine once I figured out why it wouldn't display in my headset. Oculus updated yesterday at some point and it will no longer let me use the headset with the Oculus software closed.

ACC ran pretty well with all settings on high but I'm going to do more in depth changes this weekend when I have more time. Liked what I played though.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
ACC ran pretty well with all settings on high but I'm going to do more in depth changes this weekend when I have more time. Liked what I played though.

I was managing between 60fps to 90fps (averaging around 80fps), on max settings, so I will be tweaking some settings to improve performance.

Specs: Oculus Rift, 1080ti, i7 7700k.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Betta Lines, how loud would you say the Podium Series bases are compared to the CSW? I have to actively avoid certain curbs in rF2 due to the rattling noise and fear of waking up my kids. The outside exit curb at Copse in the rF2 Skippy being the worst offender.
Is this a rattling in the hardware or do you think the curb-effect is just too strong?

I think rF2 should have some anti-jolt or added smoothing options just for driving over kerbs. Or in general it could use a power steering simulation for the really high end wheels. Most other games don't need it that much as they're more consumer-grade wheel oriented in their FFB approach.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was managing between 60fps to 90fps (averaging around 80fps), on max settings, so I will be tweaking some settings to improve performance.

Specs: Oculus Rift, 1080ti, i7 7700k.

That's pretty good performance for high settings no?

I'll be trying it out tomorrow. Hopefully it all goes smoothly on my WMR headset.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a rattling in the hardware or do you think the curb-effect is just too strong?

I think rF2 should have some anti-jolt or added smoothing options just for driving over kerbs. Or in general it could use a power steering simulation for the really high end wheels. Most other games don't need it that much as they're more consumer-grade wheel oriented in their FFB approach.
It's very much rF2's curb FFB strength. There's a 'curb FFB strength' setting in the .json, but it has no effect.

Other sims rattle, but no way near the level that rF2 does.

I think my initial question to Betta was my brain subconsciously taking step one towards selling a DD wheel to myself.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
I've not had a chance to try the Podium bases with rF2, but generally speaking, direct drive bases will be quieter because there is no reduction drive mechanism and therefore fewer parts to potentially 'rattle'. Which version of the CSW do you have? The V2.5 has an FEI setting that can help reduce this. But the Podium bases actually don't have the FEI option because there is nothing to 'fix' with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I thought FEI would only be for the "canned" driver level effects, like when a game says when driving over cobblestone "mix in rumble effect effect now 3Hz, strength x" and FEI would scale the strength.
How does this work then? Is this some "maximum change in acceleration/force per time"or is this force smoothing applied to all game input forces?

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
I've not had a chance to try the Podium bases with rF2, but generally speaking, direct drive bases will be quieter because there is no reduction drive mechanism and therefore fewer parts to potentially 'rattle'. Which version of the CSW do you have? The V2.5 has an FEI setting that can help reduce this. But the Podium bases actually don't have the FEI option because there is nothing to 'fix' with it.
Thank you BL. That seems to have helped. My kids can now sleep soundly at night.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
In case these have been missed, some recent AC stuff:

FM7 Bathurst (original laser-scanned, apparently), now optimised for better performance and including wet and night skins. It's the best version of Bathurst for AC by far: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4scpcytw22l95v/bathurst_fm7.rar/file
Add these better 2018 Liqui Moly 12hr billboards for even more performance improvements: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2018-liqui-moly-bathurst-12-hour.23613/

FM7 Bernese Alps. Pretty well optimised and a great track in VR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZWhcPR7nqRQBtBZ8wY9IFge8GsYZ2WCx/view
AI files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/be5kwgteicfgwx4/Alps_AI_Files_%28place_contents_into_your_alps_track_folder%29.zip/file
Replay cameras: http://www.mediafire.com/file/92olsnj8u38bifd/Alps_TV_Replay_Camera_%28place_contents_into_alps_track_folder%29.zip/file

FM7 Prague. Needs some optimising. I can hot-lap OK but struggle in races in VR/cockpit with Ilja's light shader mod active: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UFn6umOy0QKvW9OOkSsexaAyzY3vWfGW/view
AI files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z33xrrp7d622ph/Prague_AI_Files.zip/file
Replay cameras: http://www.mediafire.com/file/22cdebgyu35c8s1/cameras.zip/file

FM7 Maple Valley. Needs quite a lot of optimising, more than Prague: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MY2WaVwf8iFTXwdQFGputpfs0n7x59cD/view
AI files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xqtq5tv5qb7r62p/Mapplevalley_ai.zip/file
Replay cameras: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4w03p4yrbhpakq/Mapplevalley_TV_Replay_Cameras_%28unzip_to_your_mapplevalley_track_folder%29.zip/file

It's really nice to be able to play these tracks in VR. Hopefully Prague and Maple Valley will receive some optimisation from someone with 3DSimED.

Also: Watkins Glen International 1.0 by Lilski:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/watkins-glen-international.20204/updates

Edit: oh, and try this if the recent home-always-on Oculus update has fucked your performance. It works.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/

Last edited:

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Nice to see you back Mascot! I pulled the trigger on a Rift last week and I absolutely love it.

The FM7 Bathurst and recent update is great. Runs really smooth and a pleasure to drive. I did some laps in the 962C last night and had a blast!

Deleted member 8245

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where are we at with time of day/weather mods for AC? What are people using? I updated to the newest version of A4S when I reinstalled AC but I haven't played around with it too much, I'm not even sure if it's installed properly.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if it was ACC that triggered this, but as of this week, my brain can no longer accept ASW. I've had to turn down the graphical detail in all sims and revert to 90fps. The low(er) latency is refreshing though.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mascot welcome back!! I have so much to tell you about my VR adventures, I don't even know where to start!

WRC7 is currently $14.40 on chrono.gg:

https://www.chrono.gg/?utm_source=site&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=WRC_7

Worth it? How's the FFB?

Where are we at with time of day/weather mods for AC? What are people using? I updated to the newest version of A4S when I reinstalled AC but I haven't played around with it too much, I'm not even sure if it's installed properly.

I'm using G&BW. I don't know what A4S is like these days but from memory G&BW is a bit heavier on performance.

OldGit_Gamer

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, UK.
Right, I posted it on the acc forums, but after seeing the post about changing process priority on ACC.Exe I went tweaking.

So, in the end I set both acc.exe AND AC2-win64-shipping.exe process priority to above average ... but what did help was disabling core 0 on both those exes. Now, apart from the very start of event 4 I'm pretty much holding 60fps right through.

No idea why but for me it worked, every fps counts eh. :D

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hey Mascot , nice to see here again!

So, in my opinion, the original Forza tracks were really good up until 5. Prague was still awesome, but then Rio was bad, their new Dubai is bad and the remaster Maple Valley is bad too. Dubai looks fantastic (FM7 and Halo 5, MS knows how to make beautiful desert rocks), but it drives terrible.
What's everyone else's opinion?

Doesn't work anymore with my new wheel, but before it was... it's very... the forces build up slowly but very early from the center. And even though the devs said things "the community thinks our braking is too good, but we already made it longer than the telemetry we got from WRC cars suggests", I think the cars are still pretty arcadey. If "somewhat sim" is ok for you, the game was pretty good from my 10 hours with it. The tracks are great and driving was fun.

I don't know if I'd buy it for 15 bucks, when it was down to 20 a year ago already and DiRT Rally 2.0 is around the corner, but if you want a Rally experience now and 15 bucks is ok, sure, do it.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I may try that Oculus Home fix. I don't really notice any decrease in performance (in AC at least) but it is slightly annoying to have Oculus Home running again when I had the administrator trick working before the update.