• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
All of that sounds amazing. Looks like we will have a modern spiritual successor to Gtr2 after all :)

I don't think my current rig will be able to handle all of that in VR though so I'll stick to pancake mode when I get round to trying it out after everything has come together.
The automatic 'AI Flood' track day addition to Content Manager is fantastic. It effectively populates the track with more cars without the associated performance disadvantages you normally get when increasing the grid count. It does this by spawning cars ahead of you in a staggered formation, so you could just have, say, just eight AI cars selected but there could effectively be 64 of them driving around, eight of each car model. I've been spending a lot of time driving the 250 GTO on track days at Spa 1966 with a mix of other classic cars of varying performance, and it's been heaven.

ai-flood-jpg.275071

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017

I've always been a fan of this track in older or slower cars, and the recent update is great.
I'm surprised Chris didn't specifically mention Starkey's Bridge in the video, and how it was circumvented in later years for safety reasons yet still remains a famous landmark. It offers an instant contextual reference when driving both tracks back-to-back.

bill-brunell-mg-midget-of-eddie-hall-at-starkeys-bridge-donington-park-leicestershire-1933_a-G-15103086-14258382.jpg

13293139953_127478a06a_b.jpg

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 testing opportunities

If anyone here is a member of the Reiza public funding for their next sim, check their forum. The rF2 beta testing has been opened to members who have been granted rF2 DLC for free.

S397 could learn from the optimisation Reiza have with their DLC. Tracks look fantastic, load fast and are easy on resources.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
For those of you who are loving LA Canyons for Assetto (and if not - why not?), here's a 12k terrain texture which makes quite a visual improvement, especially on distant hills.
Just place the 'texture' folder in the LAC track folder. Just delete the 'texture' folder if you want to remove it.
I can't detect any performance hit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aqsRYUnWXXJze54upbqtKYJC_Kp05BpS/view

Comparison (grab the bar in the middle and slide left-right):

https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/IUA

https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/kFE

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For those of you who are loving LA Canyons for Assetto (and if not - why not?), here's a 12k terrain texture which makes quite a visual improvement, especially on distant hills.
Just place the 'texture' folder in the LAC track folder. Just delete the 'texture' folder if you want to remove it.
I can't detect any performance hit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aqsRYUnWXXJze54upbqtKYJC_Kp05BpS/view

Comparison (grab the bar in the middle and slide left-right):

https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/IUA

https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/kFE

Thanks for this.

I'm going to start again and do a fresh install of AC this week at some point... Wish me luck lol.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
rF2 testing opportunities

If anyone here is a member of the Reiza public funding for their next sim, check their forum. The rF2 beta testing has been opened to members who have been granted rF2 DLC for free.

S397 could learn from the optimisation Reiza have with their DLC. Tracks look fantastic, load fast and are easy on resources.
hmm I can't find the post you mention. Is it in Reiza51?

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
That's the place.

If you have access, the forums should look like this:

I didn't know I had access until yesterday!
Odd. I do have the Indiegogo access to reiza "2017" + all dlc but I don't see the rF2 section.

edit: I checked on Indiegogo, I'm level 5. I guess I should have access?

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for this.

I'm going to start again and do a fresh install of AC this week at some point... Wish me luck lol.
Why is a fresh installation required? Would a Steam file verification maybe do what you need?

I'm addicted to track days at LA Canyons now. It's digital crack. My current weapon of choice is A3DR and Aphidgod's utterly superb Ferrari 512TR, with the track populated by their other NFS cars. It's just a phenomenal car/track combination, especially using the gated shifter. Such damn fun.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is a fresh installation required? Would a Steam file verification maybe do what you need?

I'm addicted to track days at LA Canyons now. It's digital crack. My current weapon of choice is A3DR and Aphidgod's utterly superb Ferrari 512TR, with the track populated by their other NFS cars. It's just a phenomenal car/track combination, especially using the gated shifter. Such damn fun.

Yeh I think a fresh install is needed unfortunately. I moved my old install from Windows 7 over to my new main windows 10 SSD, steam verified a bunch of files and it fucked a few of my mods up. A few of the cars and tracks in that install were shit anyway so I'm going to take the opportunity to start afresh.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Odd. I do have the Indiegogo access to reiza "2017" + all dlc but I don't see the rF2 section.

edit: I checked on Indiegogo, I'm level 5. I guess I should have access?
I'm the same level.

I was accepted for beta testing but was declined as I couldn't do the multiplayer testing at EU/South American time.

Perhaps I am wrong regarding it be open to all.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Do you ever get to play betas?
R3E takes up some time..although it's winding up before winding down for the December & New Year period.

Happy to test rF2 whenever the opportunity arrises. pCARs 2 is getting another run because the mods are decent.

ACC has been shelved - I find the graphics disappointing outside of the photomode, much like KartKraft. pCARS 2 looks much better for similar performance at this point of ACC's short life.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Yeh I think a fresh install is needed unfortunately. I moved my old install from Windows 7 over to my new main windows 10 SSD, steam verified a bunch of files and it fucked a few of my mods up. A few of the cars and tracks in that install were shit anyway so I'm going to take the opportunity to start afresh.
Don't forget this whenever you verify Steam files or reinstall AC. An essential mod if you run with damage IN MY OPINION.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hd-windshield-damage.10965/

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
It's back

https://www.facebook.com/KartKraftGame/posts/10160988743685484?__tn__=K-R

When I envisioned KartKraft all those years ago, I wanted to make the game I'd always dreamt of when growing up playing racing games in the 90's. To say I was heavily inspired by Geoff Crammond's GP2/3/4, Dave Kaemmer's GPL, Gjon Camaj's SCGT, and Stefano Casillo's NetKar Namie would be an understatement.

After racing karts competitively, there wasn't anything that came close to replicating what it felt like to drive a kart on the limit with 30 other competitors around you and engines screaming at 21,000RPM. And for good reason; despite their deceptively simple appearance, modelling their physical dynamics accurately is an incredibly complex task. Regardless of a kart's complexity, you won't ever play a racing game that's more fun and as close or rewarding than KartKraft.

Much to the detriment of the development schedule, little did I know that making the game with the features I wanted was going to be such a monumental task. With a comparatively small development team of 3 programmers and 3 artists, not only did we play catch up to our competition who all had existing foundations to build upon, we also needed to innovate and exceed what they had already developed. We never settle for second best.

When we released the Closed Beta Test in 2016 it was evident that there were several shortfalls and fundamental issues that prevented giving you that experience. Most notably, the tyre and chassis models weren't behaving correctly, replay and photo mode were missing, leaderboards didn't promote competition and game settings kept resetting. Whilst most testers gave incredibly positive feedback, there was no way I could have released KartKraft and ask you to pay for it when I knew we could do better.

Since the end of 2016, and based on the CBT feedback, we completely rebuilt the game from the ground up and have now written over 1 million lines of code. It may not have looked like it, but there hasn't been a day the game hasn't been worked on, played or tested with over 15,200 code and art submissions in that time. Let's not even begin to count the amount of laps driven in that period!

And that only fixed the issues we encountered during CBT. It was even more critical that we had a game framework capable of allowing us to consistently maintain a weekly or fortnightly update cycle for content and new features. Secondly, the framework needed to be flexible enough to quickly implement ideas from the community without having to rewrite large parts of the codebase. I'm proud to say we've achieved both of these and more. We've added a physically based tyre model, rebuilt the physics engine, remodeled all the karts, improved the AI, added cloud saving, leaderboard ghost modes, all the while creating the most advanced customization system ever seen in a racing game. This is the game I dreamt of all those years ago and I can't wait for you to play it!

And now the reason for the update. Given our previous track record with release dates, we weren't going to make the same mistake of announcing again and disappointing so many of you, until we knew with absolute certainty that KartKraft was ready for Early Access. After an incredible journey, KartKraft will be released next week on Steam on Thursday, November 1st at 9.00am PST

Over the coming week, we'll be releasing new screenshots, gameplay trailers, our Early Access roadmap and an in-depth look at some of the new features we've added. It's going to be an exciting journey and one I and all of you have been waiting for! So set your alarm clocks and add KartKraft to your Steam Wishlist to be notified when it's out. We're launching!

44813437_10160988741970484_3936742336041582592_n.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I gotto say that's some well written PR.

In other news, I watched Jan Seyffarth's Spiel vs Realität (Game vs Reality) about ACC yesterday on YouTube. Should be interesting, right? The guy drives GT3 and helps develop Mercedes's GT4 stuff and the Nürburgring is his favorite and most well known track.
Uhm, no. Had he said "I like it and it's a good sim just as all the other titles" that would have saved me some time and brain cells.
One thing maybe worth mentioning is that he saved a slide in the last turn and said that it's more on the unrealistic side and he wouldn't have been able to do that IRL or in iRacing. Personally I thought that the safe standard setup of the car with lots of traction control cut the power heavily and that helped him there. His "minimum force" set to 20 also seemed odd for an OSW.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I love racing karts in real life but have never got on with any sim versions. I just don't think they translate well into digital form. The handling always feels 'off' somehow on the ones I've tried.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
I love racing karts in real life but have never got on with any sim versions. I just don't think they translate well into digital form. The handling always feels 'off' somehow on the ones I've tried.
Could be related to the effect of active body weight. It's nowhere near as significant as bikes, but it is there. The KartSim DLC for rF2 is the most realistic I've felt (the standard kart in rF2 is also very good), and all of the Reiza karts have been pretty good too. I tried the beta of Kart Racing Pro a long time ago and couldn't get it to work properly but that seemed to have some potential.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Could be related to the effect of active body weight. It's nowhere near as significant as bikes, but it is there. The KartSim DLC for rF2 is the most realistic I've felt (the standard kart in rF2 is also very good), and all of the Reiza karts have been pretty good too. I tried the beta of Kart Racing Pro a long time ago and couldn't get it to work properly but that seemed to have some potential.
Actually, I've not tried a kart since getting the motion platform. That might help.

Edit: nice retro track skin for AC Laguna Seca (Kunos version)

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/laguna-seca-camel-gt.23822/

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mascot I installed GBW suite for AC yesterday and it now runs like shit for me in VR no matter what I do. I'm actually ok with 45fps when messing around with the AI, but we are talking below 45fps here no matter what I do... I'm close to giving up and removing it but that will also mean no shader mod :(

Any tips? What graphics settings do you run and with how many AI cars?

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Mascot I installed GBW suite for AC yesterday and it now runs like shit for me in VR no matter what I do. I'm actually ok with 45fps when messing around with the AI, but we are talking below 45fps here no matter what I do... I'm close to giving up and removing it but that will also mean no shader mod :(

Any tips? What graphics settings do you run and with how many AI cars?
I've not downloaded the last few GBW Suite updates and tend to use the old 'Autumn' weather from the original (pre-suite) GBW for all daytime driving. It just looks so damn good in VR with a mix of moody rain clouds and clear blue skies.

EelMnSr.jpg

It's possibly the PP filter that's killing your FR though. Maybe Suite installs its own?

Try this one for maximum performance: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/minimum-pp-filter.22296/

Re my settings, I have ASW forced and run everything at very high values. I've got a 22-car GT3 preset saved (with every car different, and a mix of Kunos cars and lod-free mods) and it runs flawlessly (ASW flawlessly, so not dipping below a reprojected 45fps) on well optimised tracks (eg Monza, Spa). Your framerate can vary wildly though depending on the car you are driving, the AI cars, and the track. I've got some tracks (eg Maple Valley FM7 direct rip) that are currently so poorly optimised that I can't even hot lap at 45fps in cockpit view. Bathurst FM7 (on Reboot https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/bathurst2018laserscanned) was like that until Terra21 optimised it, and now it runs like a dream. Weirdly, there's a billboards mod for this track on RD that gives even more performance gains https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2018-bathurst-liqui-moly-12h-supercheap-1000.23613/

TL:DR try the 'Minimum' pp filter and bear in mind that car and track choice can have a big effect on performance.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've not downloaded the last few GBW Suite updates and tend to use the old 'Autumn' weather from the original (pre-suite) GBW for all daytime driving. It just looks so damn good in VR with a mix of moody rain clouds and clear blue skies.

EelMnSr.jpg

It's possibly the PP filter that's killing your FR though. Maybe Suite installs its own?

Try this one for maximum performance: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/minimum-pp-filter.22296/

Re my settings, I have ASW forced and run everything at very high values. I've got a 22-car GT3 preset saved (with every car different, and a mix of Kunos cars and lod-free mods) and it runs flawlessly (ASW flawlessly, so not dipping below a reprojected 45fps) on well optimised tracks (eg Monza, Spa). Your framerate can vary wildly though depending on the car you are driving, the AI cars, and the track. I've got some tracks (eg Maple Valley FM7 direct rip) that are currently so poorly optimised that I can't even hot lap at 45fps in cockpit view. Bathurst FM7 (on Reboot https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/bathurst2018laserscanned) was like that until Terra21 optimised it, and now it runs like a dream. Weirdly, there's a billboards mod for this track on RD that gives even more performance gains https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2018-bathurst-liqui-moly-12h-supercheap-1000.23613/

TL:DR try the 'Minimum' pp filter and bear in mind that car and track choice can have a big effect on performance.

Figured it out... it was actually a setting in SteamVR that was screwing with me. I had global SS set to 160% and the per app SS setting for AC set to 160%, so they were multiplying. No idea how that happened, must ahve changed it without thinking last night. Now running it at "just" 160% set in SteamVR (and bizarrely enough it looks the same IQ wise...) and I'm getting 80-90 fps with 15 AI cars in daytime races (and 90 fps when I drive without AI) with the following settings:

ac-vr-settings.png

Happy camper now :)

Funnily enough, the PP filter you linked was what I was previously using when using stock weathers. It works great.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit the lights shader mod in VR is a fucking game-changer. The mirrors, the lights, the rain and the wipers.

I'm 100% in ASW purgatory when racing against AI but I don't give a shit, this is a biblical experience.

My next computer upgrade needs to make it possible to do this at 90fps locked. If not I won't even bother.

Mascot can you explain what apps I should and shouldn't be using? How do I adjust the mirrors for example?

Some of the BLM apps cross over with the shader mod apps, which ones should I have activated?

Edit: And trying to open the BLM lights app crashes my game instantly... Looks like I need to do some digging.

Double edit: got BLM lights working, didn't install correctly via content manager the first time. Fuck this is awesome. Bringing back those GTR2 feels.

Last edited:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Any new mods that have come out for AC recently that are any good? I've been busy and haven't had a chance to keep an eye on all of them.

Also worth noting: the Assetto Corsa group I'm co-admin of is running a GT3 series starting next month on Sundays. Let me know if you're interested and I'll pass along details.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any new mods that have come out for AC recently that are any good? I've been busy and haven't had a chance to keep an eye on all of them.

Also worth noting: the Assetto Corsa group I'm co-admin of is running a GT3 series starting next month on Sundays. Let me know if you're interested and I'll pass along details.

Do you know what time the races are?

I'm already occupied late on Sunday nights with the era GT Sport league but I'd be interested in also getting involved in an AC league if the timings are appropriate for me.

The latest AC mods have been discussed in the last couple of pages, it's mostly been visual mods of late. Oh and the Canyons mod has received some major updates but I'm yet to give it a go.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what time the races are?

I'm already occupied late on Sunday nights with the era GT Sport league but I'd be interested in also getting involved in an AC league if the timings are appropriate for me.

The latest AC mods have been discussed in the last couple of pages, it's mostly been visual mods of late. Oh and the Canyons mod has received some major updates but I'm yet to give it a go.

Races are set for 19:00 UTC, with practice starting an hour before.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit the lights shader mod in VR is a fucking game-changer. The mirrors, the lights, the rain and the wipers.

I'm 100% in ASW purgatory when racing against AI but I don't give a shit, this is a biblical experience.

My next computer upgrade needs to make it possible to do this at 90fps locked. If not I won't even bother.

Mascot can you explain what apps I should and shouldn't be using? How do I adjust the mirrors for example?

Some of the BLM apps cross over with the shader mod apps, which ones should I have activated?

Edit: And trying to open the BLM lights app crashes my game instantly... Looks like I need to do some digging.

Double edit: got BLM lights working, didn't install correctly via content manager the first time. Fuck this is awesome. Bringing back those GTR2 feels.
Lol, it's pretty remarkable, isn't it? There are night versions, light configs, and wet versions of most tracks now. The stereoscopic mirrors add the biggest wow factor for me still.
Apps wise, let me think. BLM Lights, BLM Car (to adjust mirror angle, aspect ratio, and FoV), Real Head Motion is awesome in VR to find the right balance between cockpit & world movement (Ilja has his own version built into CM now too but I've not tried it), Crew Chief is a must, I still use Joy2Key but again, Ilja has built a version of that into CM too. You can add VAO to most tracks now too. Get on the Discord and download light configs, VAO configs, splash screens etc and the latest shader mod (which is now out of preview and in full release).

Track days with AI flood at LA Canyons is probably the best fun I've ever had in a sim. Driving A3DR's drift-happy 512TR against the Countach, the XJ220, the 959, the F40 and any of the other 80s/90s supercars gives me a real Cannonball Run/Gumball/Outrun/Need For Speed/Test Drive nostalgic vibe that fills me with indescribably warm and fuzzy joy. Protip: use the main loop in reverse. It's awesome.
IMO.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me why they changed to the UE4 engine?

The modders of AC, specifically the shader mods, deserve a medal. I can't help but think Kunis should have stuck with their own engine given how well it works.
The graphics, sound, and physics of ACC are streets ahead of any modded AC that I've seen. Perhaps it could have all been done with engine upgrades, but perhaps it was easier to work with a new one. Sim racing is still dominated by titles that seem to be stubbornly sticking to their dated engines; I think Kunos should be praised for making the leap.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
The graphics, sound, and physics of ACC are streets ahead of any modded AC that I've seen. Perhaps it could have all been done with engine upgrades, but perhaps it was easier to work with a new one. Sim racing is still dominated by titles that seem to be stubbornly sticking to their dated engines; I think Kunos should be praised for making the leap.
Absolutely understand some of the improvements i.e. physics and perhaps sound could have been improved using the old engine.

UE4 powered KartKraft looked shite outside of the photomode when I beta tested it and ACC looks great in photo mode too. I'm hoping the ACC graphics improve over the early access builds as I'm not enjoying the visual quality at all - I'm getting a headache from playing ACC over an extended period of time.

I find this odd as the other UE4 game I own - Hellblade - gives me none of these issues.

Last edited:

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely understand some of the improvements i.e. physics and perhaps sound could have been improved using the old engine.

UE4 powered KartKraft looked shite outside of the photomode when I beta tested it and ACC looks great in photo mode too. I'm hoping the ACC graphics improve over the early access builds as I'm not enjoying the visual quality at all - I'm getting a headache from playing ACC over an extended period of time.

I find this odd as the other UE4 game I own - Hellblade - gives me none of these issues.
I'm also not impressed with the current state of ACC in-game (cockpit view, VR) graphics either. Hopefully they'll improve but right now I much prefer AC.
ACC performance worries me too - UE4 seems like a much bigger resource hog right now.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also not impressed with the current state of ACC in-game (cockpit view, VR) graphics either. Hopefully they'll improve but right now I much prefer AC.
ACC performance worries me too - UE4 seems like a much bigger resource hog right now.
Kunos are clearly learning how to optimise the UE4 engine so I'll cut them some slack. Hellblade is several iterations lower than ACC (v 4.15 vs v 4.20) so it may be the features in v 4.15 were mature compared to what's in v 4.20.

I do find it funny modders can do what Lord Kunos stated couldn't be done in AC! All the power to them for keeping AC alive.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I do find it funny modders can do what Lord Kunos stated couldn't be done in AC! All the power to them for keeping AC alive.

Aye, it makes the mods even more impressive because of the divergent thinking needed to achieve the seemingly impossible via ingenious workarounds and code manipulation.
One modder is now looking at using the 3D mirror code to apply proper muted 3D reflections to internal glass (even the instrument panel glass) so the dashboard is reflected properly in the windscreen and you might see yourself and the cockpit reflected in the side windows when you look left and right.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

While I agree with Betta that a move to commercial graphics engines was a necessary move if sims are targeting a large market that includes console owners, I have to admit that I get headaches from ACC too. In its current state it's not possible to have a single completely stutter free minute with a 16 car grid, no matter the graphics setting (even at 720p and low settings) on my system, meaning it's CPU limited and I fully expect that optimizations will polish this out over time.
However I get headeaches in a stutter free hot lap mode as well over a longer time, it might have something to do with fast camera movement when turning and a very soft image that my suprised brain has problems identifying everything on the screen?
Even more interesting since I never get headaches from tearing and I don't really have problems with games like GT6 either that are below 60fps most of the time but still have a relatively smooth, un-stuttery framerate.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
https://imgur.com/a/6nD2nwX

A Redditer posted pictures of the new Samsung Odysesey+ HMD. It truly does do an amazing job of getting rid of SDE.

I wouldn't count on it. As far as I'm concerned, any Unreal 4 game that isn't using the forward+ rendering engine looks awful in VR (forward+ games can look amazing as devs want them to). Very disappointed to see that ACC seems to be using the deferred renderer. Even if ACC didn't have all the other issues it does, this alone would make it <<<<<<<<<<<< AC for me.

EDIT: I forget whether you're on team VR or not. Not even sure you're talking VR version here. But comments still stand. Deferred render UE4 looks like dirty, jaggie, smeary messes in VR.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, it's pretty remarkable, isn't it? There are night versions, light configs, and wet versions of most tracks now. The stereoscopic mirrors add the biggest wow factor for me still.
Apps wise, let me think. BLM Lights, BLM Car (to adjust mirror angle, aspect ratio, and FoV), Real Head Motion is awesome in VR to find the right balance between cockpit & world movement (Ilja has his own version built into CM now too but I've not tried it), Crew Chief is a must, I still use Joy2Key but again, Ilja has built a version of that into CM too. You can add VAO to most tracks now too. Get on the Discord and download light configs, VAO configs, splash screens etc and the latest shader mod (which is now out of preview and in full release).

Track days with AI flood at LA Canyons is probably the best fun I've ever had in a sim. Driving A3DR's drift-happy 512TR against the Countach, the XJ220, the 959, the F40 and any of the other 80s/90s supercars gives me a real Cannonball Run/Gumball/Outrun/Need For Speed/Test Drive nostalgic vibe that fills me with indescribably warm and fuzzy joy. Protip: use the main loop in reverse. It's awesome.
IMO.

Yeh I think I have the apps all figured out now. Only need the BLM apps, not the ones that come with the shader mod.

How do you get the AI flood stuff working? I don't see an option for it anywhere.

Races are set for 19:00 UTC, with practice starting an hour before.

Doesn't work for me unfortunately as it clashes :(

If you guys also happen to do some random mid week events then let me know.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Yeh I think I have the apps all figured out now. Only need the BLM apps, not the ones that come with the shader mod.

How do you get the AI flood stuff working? I don't see an option for it anywhere.

AI Flood is on this screen (I posted this earlier up the page)

ai-flood-jpg.275071

Another good tip is to unlock 'dev mode' in Content Manager. From memory you do this by clicking several times on the CM version number near the top left of the 'About' screen. A pop-up should appear letting you know if it works. I'm not sure exactly what gets unlocked when you do this but I mainly use it for unpacking/repacking mod car data (when the car doesn't have an accessible 'data' folder) to get access to things like removing the copilot from rally cars, changing the default driver's eyes position for those that start hopelessly out of position (as using the sidebar app to do large adjustments causes big misalignment with HUD elements), beefing up the brakes, correcting gear ratios etc etc .

I'm sure 'dev mode' does a lot of other useful stuff. I really need to do some investigation.