• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Some decent discounts on racing games on Steam Halloween sale. I've been waiting for months for RF2 to go on sale, I'll be picking it up.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Haye is producing a series of videos on car setup, to be released over the next few days.

Here are the first two:

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is kartsim worth it?

Where can I find a track list?

If it has Dubai Kartdrome I'll buy it.

AI Flood is on this screen (I posted this earlier up the page)

ai-flood-jpg.275071

Another good tip is to unlock 'dev mode' in Content Manager. From memory you do this by clicking several times on the CM version number near the top left of the 'About' screen. A pop-up should appear letting you know if it works. I'm not sure exactly what gets unlocked when you do this but I mainly use it for unpacking/repacking mod car data (when the car doesn't have an accessible 'data' folder) to get access to things like removing the copilot from rally cars, changing the default driver's eyes position for those that start hopelessly out of position (as using the sidebar app to do large adjustments causes big misalignment with HUD elements), beefing up the brakes, correcting gear ratios etc etc .

I'm sure 'dev mode' does a lot of other useful stuff. I really need to do some investigation.

Cheers, I'll have a fiddle with this later today.

Open-wheel cars in VR is something else by the way. I never really got on with open wheelers in 2D mode for the most part for some reason but in VR it feels so right. I find it a lot easier to go toe to toe with AI/opponents without fear of bumping into them.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Cheers, I'll have a fiddle with this later today.

There's a little issue with AI flood on gargantuan tracks at the moment. At LA Canyons the AI can slow down or are parked up by the side of the track about halfway around, and this lasts for a couple of miles. It goes back to normal after that. Ilja is aware and is working on a fix.

I simply cannot overstate how fucking awesome I find driving the 512TR around LA Canyons. Track days with the Countach, 959, F40, XJ220 and other supercars of a certain vintage is just amazing, IMO. The warmth and fuzziness I get when I round a bend in VR and spot a white Countach ahead of me, weaving through traffic, hot California sun glinting off its glass... it's like a nostalgia teleport fuelled by dormant memories of all the best car dreams, movies, posters, magazines and videogames from my youth.

This might get frowned upon as not being serious-face slide-rule simming but it's bloody brilliant nevertheless.

IMO.

These are the cars I populate LAC with:

JEHKh8Y.png

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to mess with it. I noticed the entire new menu screen in CM for the shader patch over the weekend but I haven't made myself sit down and drive. Do you have a screenshot of your AI flood settings?

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I really need to mess with it. I noticed the entire new menu screen in CM for the shader patch over the weekend but I haven't made myself sit down and drive. Do you have a screenshot of your AI flood settings?
I haven't altered them at all from the defaults. The only thing I've done is add the opponents, finding the sweet spot for performance. This will generally be whatever works during a normal race.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 October Update: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/10/roadmap-update-october-2018/

Highlights..

Botniaring: Now available for free: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1553094081

Nurburgring: When we announced this track at SimRacing Expo, we already stated this is a monumental task. The 2018 scan data has now been fully processed, and in parallel we have been working on many of the track-side details. We don't have a lot to show yet, as usually the phases of modeling a track involve a lot of work that is not immediately visible until quite late in the build. We did visit our artists and got some pictures from their workstations while they were working on the track. Planning-wise, we are on schedule, and in a couple of months we hope to be able to show you some in-game shots. Worth mentioning already is that this will be our first full track that is built using our new material system.

(that's quite the frame rate!)

That's about it unless you are into the McLaren e-Sports competition.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to pick this up but kinda simmed out at the moment. Perhaps I'll purchase it when they add VR later in the early access cycle.
As I'd beta tested, I scored KartKraft for free which is a nice bonus from the dev team.

Edit: The inputs available are keyboard, Xbox 360 & Xbox One X controllers and the T500 wheel ONLY & no way to add other wheels and pedals. What a stupid first impression by driving with a keyboard.

Graphics are akin to ACC & same for the options.

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
lol I guess I'm not just waiting for VR support then.
Apparently more wheels and pedals are being added tonight however it is so stupid to release with just one wheel available. I know it's an Early Access game but it was also in beta testing 2 years ago and our wheels worked back then.

UE4 v4.19 is being used too.

Edit: graphics are as good as expected for an UE4 release - I like the trackside objects (e.g. people, birds flying, smoke from BBQ or fires). KK reminds me a lot of Wreckfest for atmosphere and colour palette and makes Kart Sim look slightly dated (although KS is fine).

It was impossible to judge KK's physics given I used my Xbox controller; the kart felt too darty using a controller and I was steering like a drunkard.

I fired up rF2 and throughly enjoyed the karts in KS and ISI's own kart. This also reinforced the ad hoc approach often taken by ISI and S397 isn't the best as the ISI track and 3 KS tracks get stale quickly. KK already has 3 tracks in early access and at least 2 more coming with more karts too.

We need more tracks and quality mods for rF2; A review of the KS website indicates the rF2 DLC is a demo for the full release of KS which costs £395. I doubt more tracks will be released for KS if they have so many in the full release.

I cannot wait for the Reiza DLC to ship; it is wonderfully made and is more than a match for anything created by ISI or S397. Reiza and S397 should become partners as they could make magic happen with rF2 if they worked together on more than just DLC.

Last edited:

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I cannot wait for the Reiza DLC to ship; it is wonderfully made and is more than a match for anything created by ISI or S397. Reiza and S397 should become partners as they could make magic happen with rF2 if they worked together on more than just DLC.
I understand there is market for AMS and rF2, but I also believe that it would be better if they joined forces. rF2 needs to release content more frequently to keep people interested. Tim has said some times that they have lots of content licenses signed but can't keep up. Let Reiza team take care of some of them.
Also, we need the new UI, a new, easier way to open servers - I really don't like to create those vmods all the time :P
And as much as we say it is fine and way better now that it was before S397... a new graphics engine would benefit it a lot, imho. They have more visibility with the McLaren Shadow and other live events, but if someone looks at F1 2018, AC, or even GT Sport's graphics and then rF2, which one would they try first? (you can't feel physics in videos, they all seem perfect hehe).

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know who did the TVR Sagaris mod for AC or where the doner car came from, but my God it's a top-quality piece of work. I absolutely love this car and it's typical TVR design quirks and muscular proportions, it's probably in my top ten of the most beautiful cars ever made, so being able to drive it in VR as an oh-so-rare RHD car mod with the gear stick on the left to match the one on my rig is fantastic. Whoever you are - thanks!

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who did the TVR Sagaris mod for AC or where the doner car came from, but my God it's a top-quality piece of work. I absolutely love this car and it's typical TVR design quirks and muscular proportions, it's probably in my top ten of the most beautiful cars ever made, so being able to drive it in VR as an oh-so-rare RHD car mod with the gear stick on the left to match the one on my rig is fantastic. Whoever you are - thanks!
Does it fall apart as you drive it too ala the Top Gear & Fifth Gear tests?

That said, TVR in the latter years of being alive made some amazing cars - I agree on the Sagaris being a beautiful car and a lot of fun in PGR 2!

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I understand there is market for AMS and rF2, but I also believe that it would be better if they joined forces. rF2 needs to release content more frequently to keep people interested. Tim has said some times that they have lots of content licenses signed but can't keep up. Let Reiza team take care of some of them.
Sector 3 have the same issues as S397 - lots of licenced cars and tracks and not enough staff to build them quickly. I've seen renders in R3E that come out years before the actual cars do in-game and well before other sim dev teams make their announcements for the same vehicles.

Also, we need the new UI, a new, easier way to open servers - I really don't like to create those vmods all the time :P
And as much as we say it is fine and way better now that it was before S397... a new graphics engine would benefit it a lot, imho. They have more visibility with the McLaren Shadow and other live events, but if someone looks at F1 2018, AC, or even GT Sport's graphics and then rF2, which one would they try first? (you can't feel physics in videos, they all seem perfect hehe).
New shaders are coming & hopefully these make a difference to rF2. Nothing on PC will touch the overall graphical presentation of a console game; Sony and MS pour millions into their console specific creations which most PC teams are lucky to spend over many releases (iRacing and pCARS are the exceptions). Yeah FH and FM are available on Windows 10 but we PC gamers are lucky to get ported Xbox games from MS.

S397 have accepted a no win situation with the development of rF2 which was visually dated when released in 2013 & even moreso now with SMS' Madness Engine and UE4 based graphics. rF2 remains poorly optimised versus the competition and apparently has a lot of half baked, half finished code waiting for someone to finish what ISI started. For ezample, S3 and S397 have added turbo modelling to isimotor 2 and it appears to be missing in isimotor 2.5.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Does it fall apart as you drive it too ala the Top Gear & Fifth Gear tests?

That said, TVR in the latter years of being alive made some amazing cars - I agree on the Sagaris being a beautiful car and a lot of fun in PGR 2!
I drive this one with damage off, just to be safe...

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone here have experience with T3PA Pro pedals with the loadcell upgrade from Ricmotech? Any idea how they compare to the Fanatec CSL Elites with the loadcell. Can the CSL Elites be inverted?

I will treat myself to a pedal upgrade for Christmas but unsure of which direction to go in...

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Completely off-topic and not related to sims, but I had this pop into my morning feed:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a23110414/japanese-dodge-van-racing-dajiban/

Completely hilarious. The Japanese are modifying and racing old Dodge vans. It looks as ridiculous as it sounds. Favorite quote was from a guy talking about how easy it is to get street certification. Since the vans are so rare and inspectors have no idea what they're supposed to look like during road certification tests, they just assume all the crazy modification are the way the vans originally were. LOL

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does anyone here have experience with T3PA Pro pedals with the loadcell upgrade from Ricmotech? Any idea how they compare to the Fanatec CSL Elites with the loadcell. Can the CSL Elites be inverted?

I will treat myself to a pedal upgrade for Christmas but unsure of which direction to go in...
You can screw on each pedal of the CSLs individually to whatever surface. Could just screw it onto a plate of wood and mount that vertically or slightly angled.

Sector 3 have the same issues as S397 - lots of licenced cars and tracks and not enough staff to build them quickly. I've seen renders in R3E that come out years before the actual cars do in-game and well before other sim dev teams make their announcements for the same vehicles.

New shaders are coming & hopefully these make a difference to rF2. Nothing on PC will touch the overall graphical presentation of a console game; Sony and MS pour millions into their console specific creations which most PC teams are lucky to spend over many releases (iRacing and pCARS are the exceptions). Yeah FH and FM are available on Windows 10 but we PC gamers are lucky to get ported Xbox games from MS.

S397 have accepted a no win situation with the development of rF2 which was visually dated when released in 2013 & even moreso now with SMS' Madness Engine and UE4 based graphics. rF2 remains poorly optimised versus the competition and apparently has a lot of half baked, half finished code waiting for someone to finish what ISI started. For ezample, S3 and S397 have added turbo modelling to isimotor 2 and it appears to be missing in isimotor 2.5.
To some degree I fear that Forza might dive into real sim physics at some point and get it right over time in a way that plays excellent with a wheel and a controller with many very specific little aids and tweaks. At least half of the sim racing community might take that as their main game and having a hard time to go back to dated small developer games that don't even have the best physics anymore and only keep existing because their not walled off. Then there would be even less money left over for those devs.
I'm talking "next 10-20 years" btw, not next 3-5. Though, who knows, maybe in 20 years nobody even cares about cars anymore.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting thoughts by Marcel for rF2 - https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...g-at-reiza-studios.161155/page-5#post-2858135

Stefano and his team definitely have the skills to pull that off. ACC and before that AC have proven that beyond a doubt. Interestingly, and this is by no means a secret, the guy that has built the graphics engine together with him, Giovanni Romagnoli, has joined Studio 397 two years ago and has since been involved in upgrading our engine to DX11, improving the rain effects and many more things. Last year we also added Peter Nicholls to the team, who has a background developing many graphics engines, amongst which the one in Project CARS. Peter and Gio, together with our artists and other developers, are currently working on the new material system and PBR shaders.

None of the developers that license the isi motor engine have Gjon developing for them.
This is true. Gjon however is not the driving force behind the gMotor engine. That is Joe Campana who, like Gjon, is still working at ISI today.

ISI is most likely doing their own thing, hope they are creating a new modern engine.
I will let them comment on what they are doing when they are ready to, because at this point I know as much as everybody else here.

If anyone else can pull it off, I would bet on Sector 3 Studio, as the Race Room graphics engine is a hybrid of the isi gmotor engine and sector 3 own RendR graphics engine. So they do have experience in creating a graphics engine, look how beautiful Race Room looks, compared to the other sims that use the same technology.
Honestly, I think both Race Room and Automobilista did a good job pushing the original gMotor engine by improving the shaders and possibly implementing a few other tweaks. I would not say Sector 3 are the only ones capable of creating a graphics engine or integrating an existing one. But time will tell! :)

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Interesting indeed. It must have been quite the challenge to bring the old graphics engine to where it is now hehe

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Anyone with tips or tricks for FFB in RF2? I'm using the Thrustmaster TMX. I've played with smoothing and minimum gain but most of the rest of the options there are unfamiliar to me.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone with tips or tricks for FFB in RF2? I'm using the Thrustmaster TMX. I've played with smoothing and minimum gain but most of the rest of the options there are unfamiliar to me.

For me RF2 and Automobilista have always needed a bit of damping/smoothing in order to feel good on my T500RS (and by "good" I mean not rattly and jerky). So you need to enable both the spring and damper in the Thrustmaster control panel (set both to 100) and then incrementally add smoothing by one click at a time (and then test) before settling on something that feels good to you.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
rF2 tries to put out steering forces exactly like the real world equivalent car would and calculates the forces on the wheel. Now if the real car's steering wheel would have 9Nm of torque trying to recenter the wheel against the cornering forces, most consumer wheels can't put out 9Nm and in order to scale rF2's forces, the game needs to know a lot of stuff about your wheel:

../rFactor2/UserData/Player/Controller.json:
Code:
"Force Feedback":{
[...]
"Steering torque capability":2.5,
"Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
[...]
"Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050.  To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
"Steering torque filter":2,
"Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
"Steering torque minimum":0,
"Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult":1,
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
"Steering torque sensitivity":1,
"Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
"Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.45,
"Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",

The most interesting ones (to me at least) are the torque capability (how many Nm has your FFB wheel at peak), steering torque minimum (how low forces are the lowest forces your wheel can communicate / what amount is swallowed by friction) and steering torque sensitivity (this changes the curve of the force so stronger forces can come earlier or later than they would as originally intended)

btw. ...no real idea how many Nm a TMX has. I think a T300 is around 3.9Nm and a G27 is slightly under 2.5Nm ??
Maybe yours is 2.2'ish with higher initial friction than a G27?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
rF2 tries to put out steering forces exactly like the real world equivalent car would and calculates the forces on the wheel. Now if the real car's steering wheel would have 9Nm of torque trying to recenter the wheel against the cornering forces, most consumer wheels can't put out 9Nm and in order to scale rF2's forces, the game needs to know a lot of stuff about your wheel:

../rFactor2/UserData/Player/Controller.json:
Code:
"Force Feedback":{
[...]
"Steering torque capability":2.5,
"Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
[...]
"Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050.  To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
"Steering torque filter":2,
"Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
"Steering torque minimum":0,
"Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult":1,
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
"Steering torque sensitivity":1,
"Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
"Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.45,
"Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",

The most interesting ones (to me at least) are the torque capability (how many Nm has your FFB wheel at peak), steering torque minimum (how low forces are the lowest forces your wheel can communicate / what amount is swallowed by friction) and steering torque sensitivity (this changes the curve of the force so stronger forces can come earlier or later than they would as originally intended)

btw. ...no real idea how many Nm a TMX has. I think a T300 is around 3.9Nm and a G27 is slightly under 2.5Nm ??
Maybe yours is 2.2'ish with higher initial friction than a G27?

I know a T500RS is around 4.4nm but I have no idea about the other things mentioned. Any idea where I might be able to find that info? Or is there a way to get these figures using something like wheelcheck?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I know a T500RS is around 4.4nm but I have no idea about the other things mentioned. Any idea where I might be able to find that info? Or is there a way to get these figures using something like wheelcheck?
I'd keep the sensitivity at 1=linear for your wheel and for the torque minimim, if you have torque limiting wrench you could check at what you need to set it when trying to move the shaft... no, forget it, that's a stupid idea for multiple reasons.

Maybe you could try to extrapolate where your wheel would sit in this graph in terms of initial friction from your experience with other wheels (in the bottom left corner for minimum torque):
DT-Wheel-torque-sub.jpg

Also... I'd set the torque capacity higher than 4.4Nm, 5'ish should feel better. If you never changed the json settings, the torque capacity alone should make a world of difference for a T500, but friction is probably important too. Never played around with it personally, always used my TX for rF2.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd keep the sensitivity at 1=linear for your wheel and for the torque minimim, if you have torque limiting wrench you could check at what you need to set it when trying to move the shaft... no, forget it, that's a stupid idea for multiple reasons.

Maybe you could try to extrapolate where your wheel would sit in this graph in terms of initial friction from your experience with other wheels (in the bottom left corner for minimum torque):
DT-Wheel-torque-sub.jpg

Also... I'd set the torque capacity higher than 4.4Nm, 5'ish should feel better. If you never changed the json settings, the torque capacity alone should make a world of difference for a T500, but friction is probably important too. Never played around with it personally, always used my TX for rF2.

Cheers.

Once I do all this should I be setting strength of forces in the control panel to 100 or should I leave it at 60?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Cheers.

Once I do all this should I be setting strength of forces in the control panel to 100 or should I leave it at 60?
60 for linear force build up. Though I don't know if the 60 for the T500 was ever checked scientifically. 100 is definitely very much non-linear on that wheel though.
You should be able to dial back the smoothing in-game too, once the torque capacity is set correctly.

When you get to it, let us know if the game feels better to you.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just saw the newest ACC video Jan Seyffarth:

He compares the medium rain to real life [and that's not regen(eration) in the title, it's Reg(h)en=rain].

Summary:
Graphics
- track is a bit too shiny for medium rain
- with vipers turned off, there is no lotus leaf pearl effect that the windscreen surface has IRL
- he hasn't tested spray (personal guess: he'd say the visibility is still much too high)

Driving Physics:
- TCS and ABS are reversed (in his AMG GT3 IRL lower numbers mean a more intrusive setting - so as it was in AC, but isn't anymore in ACC - though he wasn't sure if it might be different in cars from other manufacturers)
- blinking of ABS and TCS in the dash are correct
- he feels like the ABS starts very late - meaning there is grip for too long in a braking zone [not entirely sure if he meant "late into the braking zone" or "late regarding pedal travel"]
- the rain racing line works as it should and that's great
- the normal ideal line is still too viable though
- in his opinion, it feels like only turn-in understeer and exit oversteer are exaggerated from th dry, but it doesn't feel like you're actually fighting for grip in the wet
- he thinks it's actually reversed in ACC where you fight the rotating car under transition from under- to oversteer in the dry too much (his GT3 car feels very stable nd reassuring at all times in the dry, but when you're over the limit isn't as easy to catch as in ACC) ...and in the dry you are much too stable in ACC
- he was 10s slower in the wet in ACC and said that at that point you'd start thinking about changing to slicks IRL, but never if the track would look as shiny wet as it still does at that point in ACC
- overall there is just too much grip in the rain and maybe not enough in the dry and thought that Kunos might be doing this to be accessible to a wider audience (which I find paradox, but whatever)

I found the bolded pretty interesting and he said some of his colleagues that tried the game agreed with him.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
We need to remember ACC is an early access release so changes are bound to occur. AC had 10 tyre models in its short life.

That said, I've read similar thoughts by one other professional driver (who is not on YouTube). He also had interesting comments on rF2 as well. It pays to get real drivers with real world experience to test the sim and provide direct feedback. I don't mean the 'we are being paid to tell the world this is awesome' nonsense we often see for marketing reasons.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We need to remember ACC is an early access release so changes are bound to occur. AC had 10 tyre models in its short life.

That said, I've read similar thoughts by one other professional driver (who is not on YouTube). He also had interesting comments on rF2 as well. It pays to get real drivers with real world experience to test the sim and provide direct feedback. I don't mean the 'we are being paid to tell the world this is awesome' nonsense we often see for marketing reasons.

Yeh that's the reason I've stopped watching Thiim. He's possibly the most blatant shill for iRacing that I've ever seen. I like iRacing but it annoys me because he's constantly got a hard on for it when playing other racing sims.

60 for linear force build up. Though I don't know if the 60 for the T500 was ever checked scientifically. 100 is definitely very much non-linear on that wheel though.
You should be able to dial back the smoothing in-game too, once the torque capacity is set correctly.

When you get to it, let us know if the game feels better to you.

I will try to hop on and give it a go today.. Thanks.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Yeh that's the reason I've stopped watching Thiim. He's possibly the most blatant shill for iRacing that I've ever seen. I like iRacing but it annoys me because he's constantly got a hard on for it when playing other racing sims.
I find him odd in that he craps on the iRacing tyre model in several videos and yet wont shut up about iRacing apparent superiority.

Certainly the multiplayer in iRacing is unmatched as were the tracks until AC came along. Now all the sims have at least one laser scanned track and plenty are using drone photography (or drone scanning if you prefer) so that USP has been diminished. Love the colour pallette in iRacing too, not cartoon nor hyper real.

He had nice words about his Dad's Merc in R3E which was interesting. That's down to Alex H being really good at physics and having real world racing experience.

It is why we should remain confident ACC will improve as Aris remains working on physics for Kunos.

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a fair amount of time in my rig this weekend for the first time in a while. Played around with all the sims to make sure everything still works as it's supposed to as you never know with all this hardware, lol. Bought Kartkraft and I really, really enjoy it. Feels better to me than the Kartsim stuff in rF2. The shaders patch in AC along with the newly updated wet mod and GBW Suite is simply amazing. Never thought I'd see AC with rain and night racing.

Any other direct drive users here play Raceroom? I just cannot get the FFB feeling good with my OSW. The current settings I am using make the wheel feel very springy and quite unlike a direct drive.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The new Samsung Odyssey plus will be $299 from the Samsung US web store for Black Friday. Looks like it will be a US only deal.

I'm very tempted to get one imported via a forwarder but it will probably cost me an additional $100 in shipping and import taxes... will need to do some thinking as I've not even upgraded my PC yet!

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
The new Samsung Odyssey plus will be $299 from the Samsung US web store for Black Friday. Looks like it will be a US only deal.

I'm very tempted to get one imported via a forwarder but it will probably cost me an additional $100 in shipping and import taxes... will need to do some thinking as I've not even upgraded my PC yet!
Lots to recommend it but the ergonomics are shitass, apparently.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9vhcu1/samsung_odyssey_plus_review_specific_to_flight/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9vfas4/my_odyssey_review_rift_owner_since_dk2/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9v2wn9/samsung_odyssey_should_have_been_called_the/

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

I don't visit the Oculus Reddit. Are they actually open minded to other brands there?

The Vive Reddit is pretty mixed on it. Some people call it a torture device and others say it has the best ergonomics of all the HMDs. The consensus at the Vive Reddit is that it's extremely YMMV depending on your head shape. Supposedly the + model improved things, but that seems to be pretty YMMV too.