• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
rF2 NocwmNov update: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

New build fixing existing issues has been released too.

Build 1112
Right before the holiday season, we bring you an update to our build with a few fixes and some new features. We made the following changes:
  • We added the ability to set the maximum steering wheel rotation "in software", even if your wheel drivers don't support that. This is described in more detail below.
  • Supporting this new feature, we added controller profiles for direct drive wheels: OSW SimuCube and SimSteering.
  • We fixed an issue where tyre heat cycle history was not correctly transferred after a driver swap.
  • Support for the Logitech G29 and G920 was added, fixing some long outstanding issues with these wheels.
  • A small loophole was fixed that would allow you to circumvent fixed setups.
Server administrators must update all dedicated servers because we bumped the version number due to small changes in the multiplayer protocol.

Finally a fix for auto wheel rotation for direct drive wheels!

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
6 new cars coming to rF2:
  • Tatuus USF-17, which is used in the USF2000 championship and can be seen as the successor to our existing USF2000 car.
  • Tatuus F4-T014, which is driven in various F4 championships globally.
  • Tatuus MSV F3-016, also known as 'British F3', is driven primarily in the UK and at Spa-Francorchamps.
  • Toyota FT50, as used in the Toyota Racing Series.
  • Tatuus PM18, as used in the Pro Mazda Championship.
  • Tatuus F3 T318, used in the Asian F3 Championship as well as the upcoming W Series.
I'm guessing it's paid content.
Finally a fix for auto wheel rotation for direct drive wheels!
While not affecting me, I'm so happy to see the G29 and G920 fixes pop up. That's going to make a lot of people happy.

Any decision on your 32:9 monitor Dave?

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I installed the good and bad weather suite for AC, and everything works but I can't see raindrops, is that just not in the mod yet or did I screw something up in the install?
Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter? I don't think you can install it via CM.
Do you have Ilja's shader mod installed and activated?
Are you using a compatible car with the proper Kunos windscreen parameters? Not all mods have this, Kunos cars obviously do.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I installed the good and bad weather suite for AC, and everything works but I can't see raindrops, is that just not in the mod yet or did I screw something up in the install?

Read the PDF that comes in the package, it explains everything.

You also need the wet mod, the latest version of shader mod an both BLM mods.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Read the PDF that comes in the package, it explains everything.

You also need the wet mod, the latest version of shader mod an both BLM mods.
Good shout on BLM Car but you don't need any wet track mods, those just affect the track shader and spray from tyres. You can have torrential rain hitting the windscreen on a bone-dry track under cloudless blue skies if you want.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
While not affecting me, I'm so happy to see the G29 and G920 fixes pop up. That's going to make a lot of people happy.

Any decision on your 32:9 monitor Dave?

I haven't quite got the wheel rotation fixed yet but it's probably an issue with my settings. I have to turn the wheel more than I should for the car I'm driving. Will investigate further once I'm off work.

Yeah took the two Dell monitors back and this arrived late yesterday:
45217576345_79766fab5b_k.jpg

Gonna take some getting used to, between the size and the DPI. Need to get the FoV and camera settings correct in everything except R3E as it looks just right. Hated I couldn't get the triple screens setup right but I would have to get a different 1080ti and that just wasn't worth it.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't quite got the wheel rotation fixed yet but it's probably an issue with my settings. I have to turn the wheel more than I should for the car I'm driving. Will investigate further once I'm off work.

Gonna take some getting used to, between the size and the DPI. Need to get the FoV and camera settings correct in everything except R3E as it looks just right. Hated I couldn't get the triple screens setup right but I would have to get a different 1080ti and that just wasn't worth it.
That is one lovely monitor. I'm rather jealous!
Looking superb. Can't wait for Tsukuba either.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017

Whoah. That's cool.

Nissan Skyline GT-R V•SPEC II '94 for AC converted from GT Sport

https://sharemods.com/ekhrrh8s9pdv/nissan_skyline_bnr32.rar.html

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Dynamically-calculated pockets of fog in low-lying areas, anyone..?
That looks fantastic.

Imagine if Kunos copied what ISI did with isiMotor 2 and sold the base code of AC to a third party devoloper (e.g. Reiza) who then brought in the various talents of the AC modders adding in weather and 24 hour time cycle into one dev group.

We'd end up with one hell of a new simulation based on a highly optimised engine that has a lot of untapped potential.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. GT4 Class is a lot of fun, with a good amount of variety in brands and model. Would love to see the new Jaguar F-Type GT4 represented too.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting news from the dude behind GBW on the shaders Discord:

peterboese Today at 8:34 PM

SO whats going on with the weatherFX: weatherFX is a replacment for the present AC sun, sky, cloud and fog render. It will solve many limitations AC has. Sun: - sun is rendered correctly (global position, size, graphic look) - due to the correct position full day/night cycles are possible - look and illumination is separated (many possibilities for modifikations) Sky: - a complete new sky render is used. It doesn't work the AC render way. The new sky render already produces realistic colorfades and is tweakable in many ways. It solves the major problem of AC's linear colorfaded sky. The new one produces a much more believable distance. - additional spherical color gradients can be drawn in the sky. Clouds: - the new cloud render uses normal maps, to get the cloud textures some volume - every cloud could be managed individually - clouds can be lit from all sides (front, back....) with different graphical results Fog: - a complete new fog render is used. It produces much more realistic pictures and has many more parameters to customize. - the fog is separated for ground, sky and every single cloud. - the main difference to the present AC fog: In full blend, every part(sky, ground) gets the same color. Now thick fog is easily possible - impossible with Kunos fog. So weatherFX is the new base for doing weather. It has much more functions and options, but here are some keynotes: - full 24h cycle - correct sun path for every global position on every date - correct moon path per global position (correct visual shadow on the moon) - complete earth's star map - correct position - new sky render - new fog render - new cloud render - Online compatibility (daytime for the first release) (the goal is also online day/night cycles) All credits goes to Ilja, who has build an absolute gamechanger with this!!!

SOL It will use nearly all features of the new weatherFX. The first release of Sol will include the 7 standard weather. With the further releases i will provide dynamic weather changes and weather effects like flashes. Later i will do a little kit, so you can create your own custom weather with a few parameters. The biggest goal of Sol will be very realistic changing weather generated out of real data. Due to everything is in development and Ilja is restless , there will be big changes from version to version. But what i can definitly tell you: With the new weatherFX, AC starts its second life cycle. The difference to the present AC is huge. And i am serious, the 24h cycle is just one small feature of the whole thing - and yes it works absolutely great....

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I ask rhetorically once again: why on earth didn't Kunos work on their own engine - the modders are doing a sublime job - when there is clearly so much untapped potential to have an incredibly flexible and highly optimised AC based graphics engine instead of the eyesore that ACC is currently.

I am yet to see an UE4 based racing game that is visually impressive; Ride 3 is the latest UE4 based racing title which looks great for a Milestone made semi-budget release but I'm not wowed by its looks. Whilst I agree the cockpits in ACC are more detailed than their AC based counterparts, eveything else looks worse IMO in part to the horrid AA and washed out colour palette.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
6 new cars coming to rF2:
  • Tatuus USF-17, which is used in the USF2000 championship and can be seen as the successor to our existing USF2000 car.
  • Tatuus F4-T014, which is driven in various F4 championships globally.
  • Tatuus MSV F3-016, also known as 'British F3', is driven primarily in the UK and at Spa-Francorchamps.
  • Toyota FT50, as used in the Toyota Racing Series.
  • Tatuus PM18, as used in the Pro Mazda Championship.
  • Tatuus F3 T318, used in the Asian F3 Championship as well as the upcoming W Series.
I'm guessing it's paid content.
From Marcel today:
I would not plan using the Tatuus cars in a league that soon. We are still working on them, and then there's always approvals to go through. For leagues I would be safe and plan them for the second half of 2019. The cars will likely be released earlier than that, but I can't promise exactly how much.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the Reiza content may slip to 2019 too.
Given the testing schedule has basically flatlined, I'd agree. Edit: Reiza are apparently very busy with other projects, most likely their DLC for AMS.

I've tested one car and two tracks thus far; whilst all three add-ons are the usual Reiza standard of being very high quality, I think the test team is 8-10 people tops including Reiza staff. I don't even know how I was picked given I can't test the multiplayer given the time differences!

I can confirm rF2 has 'proper' turbo modelling too :) It was a grey area of the ISI codebase that was never quite confirmed.

If Reiza have picked ISIMotor 2.5 for their next sim, it'll run amazingly well given the magic Reiza have poured over their rF2 DLC.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I ask rhetorically once again: why on earth didn't Kunos work on their own engine - the modders are doing a sublime job - when there is clearly so much untapped potential to have an incredibly flexible and highly optimised AC based graphics engine instead of the eyesore that ACC is currently.

I am yet to see an UE4 based racing game that is visually impressive; Ride 3 is the latest UE4 based racing title which looks great for a Milestone made semi-budget release but I'm not wowed by its looks. Whilst I agree the cockpits in ACC are more detailed than their AC based counterparts, eveything else looks worse IMO in part to the horrid AA and washed out colour palette.

In fairness I don't think even Kunos thought the engine was capable of this much. A lot of the new stuff that is coming completely rewrites the weather/lighting systems.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
A general FYI:

Some users are reporting the very latest Nvidia drivers (417.22) are causing issues in certain games from hitching and crashes to graphical glitches. Those with gaming laptops have an issue where their GPU's won't go beyond 600 MHz whilst other users have reported their GPU remains at idle clock speeds!

Rolling back to the 417.01 or 399.24 drivers fixes the issue.

FWIW, I didn't encounter issues with the 417.22 drivers; I've rolled back to 417.01 to be on the safe side. To think we used to laugh at AMD driver support!

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Huge iRacing update. Certainly puts Nintendo's change logs to shame. All I wanted was an improved tyre model though.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/massive-iracing-update-released.162236/
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/591/delivery-of-the-podium-wheel-bases#latest

Ouch.

Was a toss up between the DD1 or the Accuforce for me, finally went for the V2 (comes Thursday), if the DD1 was available to buy i would have gone for it but had a feeling things might get put back, but April? Not a good look for Fanatec. :(
A free wheel though, which is nice.
And no triple screen support either.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing the Reiza content may slip to 2019 too.
I think I asked before, but is the rain just visual or have modders managed to get rain tyres and slippery surfaces in the game? I've been impressed with the wet weather driving experience in ACC so far.
As nobody has replied to this question twice, I'm guessing that AC's rain is visual only.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
As nobody has replied to this question twice, I'm guessing that AC's rain is visual only.
I'm not a massive rain or night user at the moment because I've been holding off until both are tweaked to perfection and the necessary configs for windscreens, headlights, blinkers, wet tracks, weather effects, VAO etc etc are all packaged up and integrated properly into Content Manager rather than being a mish-mash of add-ons that's turned into its own metagame and is currently pretty hard to keep up with due to the quick pace of development.

To answer your question, the windscreen rain effects on their own are currently visual only don't affect track grip, but some wet track mods do contain this option. When everything is properly integrated then all wet tracks will have suitably adjusted grip levels on a sliding scale depending on weather intensity. That's my understanding, anyway.

As an aside, the latest CM update (v0.1.25-preview28) reportedly improves framerates for several VR users.

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
To answer your question, the windscreen rain effects on their own are currently visual only don't affect track grip, but some wet track mods do contain this option. When everything is properly integrated then all wet tracks will have suitably adjusted grip levels on a sliding scale depending on weather intensity. That's my understanding, anyway.
Ooooh, interesting. I will watch this space.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if it's because they're now owned by a console centric publisher and they wanted something that was super easy to do console ports with. Allows everything to be done in-house.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Either Kunos needs to find a better AA solution for ACC or they need to delete Paul Ricard. It's a jaggie jaggie nightmare.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Either Kunos needs to find a better AA solution for ACC or they need to delete Paul Ricard. It's a jaggie jaggie nightmare.
A video that discusses how to get ACC looking crisp! The TL;DR is one needs to the resolution of ACC to be set at 4K (which will likely require either a GTX 1080Ti or 2080 GPU and a newish CPU) to obtain crisp visuals.

GamerMuscle said:
I certainly miss classic AA and worry about ACC in VR without it, but at least if you have a 1440p or 4k screen and a supercomputer ACC looks nice and crispy and not an eye strain. With luck, the settings in this video help some of you out. Remember ACC is in early access and optimisation is something that typically comes later so things should only get better moving forwards :)

I absolutely agree with GM in that the version of UE4 Kunos has selected doesn't work with 1080P monitors at this point in time. Hellblade looks and runs fantastically on my i5/1070 setup whilst ACC looks like a busted pie with added puke on the top.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this might be worth sharing. Video of pro racers giving some tips on how to carry more speed.

I'm sure most of you already know most of the techniques described, but it is still worth a watch.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here tried the CPU and GPU optimising options with the latest build of the AC shader patch? I've not benchmarked anything yet but do seem to be getting better performance.

From the coder:
"Optimize meshes: safe to have enabled, should give some improvement generally.
Optimize draw order: screws up online (will be fixed in next release), currently doesn't do anything when motion blur is enabled, should be safe to use and boost fps with AI and in cockpit view.
Merge meshes and Flatten nodes: should give improvement on a few unoptimized tracks, might screw up lighting configs
so pick your poison."

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Thought this might be worth sharing. Video of pro racers giving some tips on how to carry more speed.

I'm sure most of you already know most of the techniques described, but it is still worth a watch.

I like that channel for showing so many differing driver opinions on how to be fast and they're all right and all wrong at the same time.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Assetto Corsa Grand Prix Legends update:

Version 2.15 Changelog (from version 2.0)

Bugfixes:
- Fixed swapped mirrors
- Improved A-arm fixing points (Brabham, Eagle, Honda)
- Fixed steering wheel position on Honda and Brabham
- Updated Honda skin, improved reflections
- Updated Engine sounds for Honda and McLaren
- Errors on suspension nodes
- Added shift delays for flappy paddle shifters to disable (online) hotshifting

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/im2a..._Grand_Prix_Legends_Mod_version_2.15.rar/file
Manual:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g0tv...egends_2.15_Release_Notes_2018-12-06.pdf/file

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here tried the CPU and GPU optimising options with the latest build of the AC shader patch? I've not benchmarked anything yet but do seem to be getting better performance.

From the coder:
"Optimize meshes: safe to have enabled, should give some improvement generally.
Optimize draw order: screws up online (will be fixed in next release), currently doesn't do anything when motion blur is enabled, should be safe to use and boost fps with AI and in cockpit view.
Merge meshes and Flatten nodes: should give improvement on a few unoptimized tracks, might screw up lighting configs
so pick your poison."

I'll ask this again because I've been benchmarking. I just got a whopping 20fps increase in frame rate with all four of these options activated, hot-lapping at Zandvoort in the Lotus Evora GTC '14 (Kunos track, Kunos car for best benching). That basically means the difference between ASW and native 90fps in VR for me, which is pretty damn awesome.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
I'm done with PC2. I bought it when I got my PC in July because it's what I'd been playing on the XBOX. I bought AC at the same time and barely went back to PC2. It just can't hold up to AC, RF2, etc for me. On top of that, I don't like serialized titles that just release DLC and minor patches in between new titles. I thought I left that world behind when I stopped playing the EA Sports NHL franchise.

Anyways, even though I bought the title back in July there is only 8 hours play time on it. I opened a refund request with Steam and explained the situation. Hopefully they can do a refund, but if not I understand. Worth a shot.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
A video that discusses how to get ACC looking crisp! The TL;DR is one needs to the resolution of ACC to be set at 4K (which will likely require either a GTX 1080Ti or 2080 GPU and a newish CPU) to obtain crisp visuals.
Luckily I upgraded to a 1440p 120hz monitor few days ago, but no matter what settings I throw at it, Paul Ricard is a shimmering arse of a track. Nurburgring and Misano are far more pleasing to the eye thankfully.