• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Been going back and forth on some rig upgrades for a few months now, figured I'd ask here.

Currently have a TSPC Racer and CSL LC pedals. Would like a round rim but don't want to further get stuck into the TM ecosystem. Is it worth selling the TSPC Racer and upgrading to the CSW2.5? DD isn't in my future so the 2.5 is my endgame option.

I sold a guitar that was collecting dust and can basically sell my TSPC for the CSW 2.5, BMW Rim, McLaren rim, shifter and mounts and still have a few hundred left over for a rainy day. I've been planning this for a few months and now that I've got the funds I'm starting to second guess everything.

Would appreciate any advice
I'm very happy with my CSWv2.5 and have no immediate plans to upgrade.
I bought the BMW, Formula Carbon and 918 RSR rims but only kept the RSR. It's a noticeable improvement over the BMW rim, which is still a great rim but quite heavy. You'll get better detail through the RSR and less inertia to overcome. I also prefer the leather to alcantara.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
I've totally reworked the billboards and balloons for ACU's excellent Okutama (AC) after the previous quick fix. Much better billboards now (I think), with more of a 'weathered' look too.

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ack-skin-and-balloons-for-acus-okutama.25100/

Drop the contents into the Okutama main track folder and overwrite when prompted. Select 'Real Billboards 2' track skin.

You can delete my previous track skin if you have it. You might need to select/deselect/select the track skin the very first time you use it for it to be recognised.

l3PHsuY.jpg

rmRVVKU.jpg

iztpLi8.jpg

If you haven'y tried this track yet then get your bumps felt. It's awesome.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u12xdfp1c6ka7xl/acu_okutama-circuit_v.1.0.rar/file

Last edited:

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Don't blame the QA team! Sometimes the urgency/pressure to releasing something just leaves little room for thorough testing. And sometimes "this fix was just a small thing, it should not affect anything else" happens with literally last minute changes, and someone decides to sign off. (QA professional here LOL).
6th year SimBin/RaceRoom QA tester so I get how things slip through testing! That said, I sim crashing at launch with an update isn't a good look for rF2 or S397.

marvelharvey and I have asked S397 if they require assistance with beta & QA testing as they have so few testers and we didn't hear back.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
crashing at launch with an update isn't a good look for rF2 or S397.
can't argue with that. I myself was very excited when S397 got rF2 under their wing and how it started, but looks like dev has slown down once again. And the UI infinite delay is just... ugh. Are they trying to beat iRacing in this as well?
Some content dev priorities are also odd.
I want to believe they are still on the right path, but it's been hard, lately. They announce stuff that are months away, but release things they never mentioned.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever wanted to race Toad Circuit in rFactor 2? Now you can! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1644277942

MYdEKfs.jpg

6th year SimBin/RaceRoom QA tester so I get how things slip through testing! That said, I sim crashing at launch with an update isn't a good look for rF2 or S397.

marvelharvey and I have asked S397 if they require assistance with beta & QA testing as they have so few testers and we didn't hear back.
Not just that. I offered to lend a couple of programmers to Marcel last summer (long story as to why) and he turned down the help.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Had a weird problem yesterday with RaceRoom. For some reason, moving from a qualifying session to another the throttle stopped working out of the blue, and even changing profiles and reasigning the buttons wouldn't work. I thought that my G27 was failing me, but looking at the controller settings on the game and on the Logitech profiler, they're actually registering the throttle normaly. I'll install WRC 7 today to see if it's only on RaceRoom anyway.

Anyway, just for chitchat: what is your least favorite circuit in a game? Mine is Oschersleben. Damn, I hate that track.

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
rF2 is 50% off until the 12th of February, 2019.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/rFactor_2/

DLC remains at full price :)
GTE, GT3 and Sebring pack, now 35% off. https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/2000/

Edit:
GT3 pack 50% off https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/
Kartsim 50% off https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1003/
Formula-E 50% off: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1002/

It's certainly in my top 5 worst. I recall it being selected for a weekly time-trial event back on GAF and I noped-out after 2 laps.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
As well as the rFactor 2 stuff above, these DLC deals are up too!

Raceroom Racing experience: all DLC 25% off
Assetto Corsa: all DLC 40% off
Project cars: all DLC 50% off
Project cars2: all DLC 50% off
Automobilista Season Pass for all DLC: 75% off

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 Update:

Formula E 2018
v2.01
- Fixed battery consumption issue caused by last Build update.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone bites the bullet, let us know if it's jag city. I'm under the assumption it's UE and I doubt it's using forward+ rendering, so my expectations are low on this.
Feels less jaggy than ACC... BUT it has a whole host of other VR issues and I've placed it firmly in my 'Not yet ready' Steam category.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I hate karts.
Isn't that what everyone does as penance to earn a seat in a proper race car?

WormNeck

Oct 31, 2017
Fanatec gear arrived yesterday. It's unreal the difference in quality compared to Thrustmaster. Only played for a hot second before I had to leave for the weekend. Counting down the minutes until I can fiddle around and get some races in

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Circuit de Catalunya is coming to iRacing! One of my least favourite tracks though thank to the excellent Dreamcast game Le Mans 24 Hour's career mode forcing me to race there again and again and again and again.
Fanatec gear arrived yesterday. It's unreal the difference in quality compared to Thrustmaster. Only played for a hot second before I had to leave for the weekend. Counting down the minutes until I can fiddle around and get some races in
Hopefully you love your new wheel!

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 News:

Our original "GT3 Pack" has been updated with new graphical materials, liveries and templates!
Look for:
Bentley Continental GT3
v2.39
- Updated to new materials
- Updated liveries
- Added template fully set up for the new material editor
- Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
v2.37
- Updated liveries
- Added extra parts templates (bbumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3
v2.37
- Updated liveries
- Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3
v2.37
- Updated liveries
- Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 650S GT3
v2.29
- Updated liveries

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Has anyone tried VRC Barber circuit? It looks decent on video but hoping to hear from someone first hand before I purchase.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I have and IMO yes it is easily worth the small price. Best version of it besides the laser scanned iRacing one.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I just got the v3 pedals (with BPK) and they are already a step over the v2 I had, in regards of the brake. And when I upgraded from the G27 to the v2 it was a very big difference! hehe new toys are always nice :)

WormNeck

Oct 31, 2017
Welp, looks like my McLaren rim suffers from the notorious shifter issue, even though I emailed them before placing my order and they stated that they had resolved the issue and I wouldn't have the same problem. Anyone know of a DIY fix? I really don't want to send this back to Fanatec.

WormNeck

Oct 31, 2017
First I've heard of this. Can you elaborate on what the exact problem is? I have been considering the McLaren rim for my setup...

Lots of people have reported problems with the rim randomly missing shifts/double shifting after a few hours of use. Mine started doing this last night and it's nearly unusable now. No idea what would cause this issue because it was working flawlessly in one race and was completely borked the next.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people have reported problems with the rim randomly missing shifts/double shifting after a few hours of use. Mine started doing this last night and it's nearly unusable now. No idea what would cause this issue because it was working flawlessly in one race and was completely borked the next.
Unfortunately the RMcL shifter issue is a complicated one that we have been battling with for some time. I would be surprised if our team told you that you 'wouldn't have a problem', as that would be an unrealistic statement to make. I have sent you a PM.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
One of my major graphical issues with ACC has been resolved. No thanks to Kunos.

I found that the trees switching LODs 50m ahead of me was not only distracting, but their shadow would momentarily vanish during the LOD switch. I pretty much stopped playing because of how distracting it was.

Anyway, despite Kunos knowing how to fix this, it took a forum member poking around UE4 to find the solution.

If it's been annoying you too, open Engine.ini in AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and add the following:

[SystemSettings]
foliage.LODDistanceScale=4

Now the LODs switch 4 times further away. I've lost 6fps, but it's now playable. The same works in KartKraft and really helps in VR, where LODs would switch just when turning my head.

The big hurdle for ACC is still the aliasing though. KartKraft handles it much better.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
marvelharvey It will be nice when adding lines to config files is done away with. Hopefully Kunos add this line of code into the guts of ACC so we don't end up with an FAQ filled with suggested additions to .ini files.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Monza as the next track for ACC? I hate driving there in anything other than F1, I always fuck up my braking points, braking at the 150m board for turn 1 in a GT3? Yeah, good luck... :)

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
Updates to rF2

- Fixed: Sporadic corrupt textures after track load.
- Fixed: AI cars (OMG OMG, they finally fixed the 2015 AI full course yellow bug!!!!) and replays now show custom liveries. (Oh err, OK, I guess not)
- Added: Button assignments for mouse controls (right/left/up/down) and mouse left click. Controls can be assigned to any button on a keyboard, button box, D-pad or other.

Endurance Pack Update
- Updated liveries
Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.57
- Optimized
LODs Corvette C7R GTE v1.57
BMW M8 GTE v1.33
Norma M30 LMP3 v1.61
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.45

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
AC Track Reboot site has gone: https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot

404 Error since last week 8(
Yep, shut down due to copyright violation.
As has AC Cars Reworked.
As has Assettoland several times.

I can't believe these are corporate complaints. I strongly believe that some holier-than-thou sim racer, offended by rips and conversions, is behind all of these reports and doesn't mind ruining it for those of us who just want mod content for our sims.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, Fanatec V3's or the CSL elites with the loadcell?

Anyone got experience with both? I can get either at a similar price.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a good bit of time in my rig last night for the first time in a few weeks. Most of that was spent driving the F1 1986 mod for rF2; man that is one fun mod to drive.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, shut down due to copyright violation.
As has AC Cars Reworked.
As has Assettoland several times.

I can't believe these are corporate complaints. I strongly believe that some holier-than-thou sim racer, offended by rips and conversions, is behind all of these reports and doesn't mind ruining it for those of us who just want mod content for our sims.
Interesting theory.

There has been some rather 'bad blood' between the rF2 and AC communities regarding ripped/converted content. I do understand original content creators (Sector 3, Reiza, Kunos, Codemasters & Turn10) not liking their work ripped and converted without permission.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I daren't offer an opinion here mate.
I thought the answer was obvious anyway?

Eh why not?

Based on a few reviews I've seen elsewhere it doesn't seem as obvious as it might look at first glance. Seems to come down to personal preference on the feeling of the brake pedal.

How strong are the vibration motors for the pedals? Can you feel them if you sim race with shoes on?