• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mascot

Oct 26, 2017
ACC released!!

v0.6.0 Changelog
  • Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018 model year.
  • Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 model year.
  • Added Monza Circuit.
  • Driving (F1) cameras reworked: added two more driving cameras (dash pro - with car hidden intended for built cockpits - and far chase), game now remembers last used camera and added option to lock/hide driver and steering wheel per car. Lateral camera adjustment now also exposed in the View Settings.
  • Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the dash and bonnet cameras. IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
  • Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.
  • TV onboard (F6) cameras added for available cars.
  • Free (F7) camera now available with Cinema HUD (open with mouse scroll button). NOTE: this is NOT a full-feature camera mode, but allows players to enjoy visuals to a greater degree and take screenshots.
  • Rewrite of multiplayer/gameplay code to improve stability and session progression.
  • Ingame menus restructured and divided into Garage and Pause menu.
  • Ingame HUD reorganised and added session status widget.
  • New Radar widget added to HUD based on the popular app for the original Assetto Corsa.
  • Updated configuration for dedicated servers, see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
  • Introducing dynamic weather: (potentially) available on official Kunos Practice servers only until relevant game and UI features are added.
  • Multiplayer sessions now emulate race weekends: rubber, dry line (general: weather and track status) represent the situation based on race day and time of day.
  • UI and video settings are now stored in text files (...Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json). IMPORTANT: your previous menu, graphical and game settings will be lost.
  • Added advanced video settings, including mirror resolution, sharpening filter, material quality level, temporal upsampling, volumetric fog, bloom, camera dirt effect and foliage.
  • Default graphics settings adjusted to allow for higher performance without noticeable loss to visual quality.
  • Added session type tags in the UI car selection page to help identify entries eligible in different race types. NOTE: In quick race mode, the opponent field is generated based on the player's choice of entry.
  • Added model year tag in the UI car selection to help identify car models in different evo versions.
  • Assist options will now reliably update when changed during a session.
  • Further adjustments to headlight effects in TV cameras.
  • More realistic full formation lap with AI.
  • AI aggressiveness tuning.
  • AI grid generation now takes into account real life driver skill. Quick Race grids are generated with more consistency.
  • Number of opponents increased to track capacity: bigger fields are now possible as a result, the current limit depends on each individual track. NOTE: Sprint races (both in race weekend and quick race modes) retain grid size limitation due to the number of available real-life entries.
  • Improved raindrop effects on car windshields.
  • Water spray from opponent cars now affects the player car's windshield in a dynamic way, taking into account distance, speed and track wetness.
  • Automatic wiper assist now reacts to water spray and not just rain.
  • Improvements to the appearance of wet and damp track surfaces, especially in low-wetness ranges, which should improve the perception of track conditions.
  • Improvements to car vs. track surface collisions.
  • Audio channel usage optimization.
  • Reworked and more reliable marshalling system with checkered, yellow, white and blue flags.
  • Added new spotter messages.
  • Added race communication alerts.
  • Losing the server connection (e.g. by a server restart) will now trigger a permanent message.
  • Important race communication alerts are displayed for a longer time.
  • Better highlights overtake detection.
  • Optimized CPU use on all threads.
  • Optimized replay memory usage.
  • Optimized netcode and bandwith usage for Multiplayer servers.
  • Volume and audio settings now affect the intro music.
  • Added video sequences volume.
  • Fixes to various car LODs to reduce pop-in in racing scenarios.
  • Adjusted driver position in the BMW M6 GT3.
  • Adjusted driver steering animations.
  • Adjusted wet tyre shader and added ambient occlusion on tyres.
  • Fixed potentially wrong resolution and crashes when starting the game.
  • Fixed multiple crashes occurring when quitting sessions.
  • Fixed replay time multiplier not resetting on session change.
  • Fixed potentially wrong car location detection.
  • Fixed static car shadow fading out at high speeds.
  • Improved tyre model combined grip.
  • Improved tyre heat model, especially in overheat conditions.
  • Tyre wear is now affected differently by different kerbs, concrete and other surfaces.
  • Tweaks in preset setups for all cars (we highly advise to not use older setups).
  • Improved vertical surfaces aero model.
  • MoTeC Telemetry implementation.
  • Setup Electronics page now includes a slider to select the number of telemetry laps to be saved at the end of a driving session.
  • MoTeC ACC dedicated workspace, created from Blancpain telemetry engineer used for evaluating basic setup and driver performance.
  • Added native DBox SDK support.
  • Added option to enable/disable native Fanatec LEDs.
  • Setup minimum fuel load set at 2 litres for all cars.
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 wrong fuel visualization in setup screen.
  • Steering ratio tweaks for all cars.
  • Monza BoP A adjustments for all cars.
  • Tweaks in tyres dirt accumulation and grip levels when going on grass and sand.
  • Sand traps now slow the cars down.
  • Fix to unreliable car spawn in certain situations.
  • Flipped cars will automatically spawn in the pits.
  • Severe cutting will result in immediate disqualification in any type of Multiplayer sessions.
  • Ratings: Track Competence (TR) has improved feedback in the UI; you will see all the sectors necessary, so the progress is easy to understand.
  • Ratings: Track Competence (TR) algorithm improved to reduce false positive aborts.
  • Ratings: Consistency (CN) was rewritten during the refactoring; it should work similarly but has improved precision on various aspects.
  • Ratings: Car Control (CC) largely improved algorithm and UI feedback. It is a lot harder to gain higher ratings, unless you are driving very well.
  • Ratings: Car Control (CC) now understands the concept of turning the wheel too much, and give appropriate feedback.
  • NOTE: Pace (PC) and Total (TO) ratings will be improved and adjusted during the days after this version.
  • NOTE: The maximum number of all ratings will be set to 99 (instead of 100).
  • NOTE: ALL RATINGS AND DRIVER PROFILES WILL BE RESET WITH THIS 0.6 RELEASE.
  • Backend servers: improved reconnection stability.
  • Backend servers: fixed multiplayer sessions not registering stats and laptimes in certain situations.
  • Passworded servers can now be created.
  • Single player Sprint Race Weekend mode reworked and now has forced tyre change and driver swap. NOTE: Endurance Race Weekend game mode is temporarily disabled until supporting features and UI elements are completed (pit stops and penalties). NOTE: Pit stop crew animations are temporarily disabled until full functionality is retained. NOTE: The Broadcasting API is temporarily disabled
Is ACC any good now? I've not even launched it after getting stuck in the menus when it was first released.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Is ACC any good now? I've not even launched it after getting stuck in the menus when it was first released.

Similar here, I haven't launched it since the first release just because I felt it needed a lot more work.

Only replying to you about AC so I could say great work on your motion rig :) I'ts on my "want to do this real bad" list but somewhere near the bottom because I don't like getting murdered by my wife :(

_jlnprssnr

Aug 19, 2018
Looked at about ten cars, it's crazy that the Assetto Garage people charge money for this work... all are rips, and very bad ones at that.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
ACC v0.6.1 Changelog
- Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
- Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
- Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
- Ghost car now has a more stable render.
- Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
- Fix to mirror resolution default.
NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
- Added presession timer to MP.
- Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
- Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
- Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
- Fixed both Nissans' setup ECU values, now start from 1.
- Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
- Race communication durations edited for important messages.
- Race results now show gaps to leader.
- AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes.
NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
- Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Reiza DLC for rF2 news!

Original post by Renato Simioni on Reiza 51 forum.

As promised when the Reiza rF2 Bundle was first announced, those who either took part in the Reiza SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign as well as those who acquired membership packs through the forum will be entitled to a free courtesy copy of the complete Bundle.

To apply, please either post your SteamID64 in this topic (visible by backers and membership owners only)*.

Please be aware you need to already own rF2 in order for S397 to gift the content to you, they can´t get it through if the Steam user doesn´t own the base game.

With that under consideration, this offer is limited to the end of this month (March 31st).

*Note: The Beta area is restricted to crowdfunding campaign backers and those who bought into the membership packs that were sold through the forum until recently. Owning the AMS Season Pass by itself unfortunately doesn´t grant access to the beta forum or the courtesy rF2 Bundle. Hope that clears it up.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I really hate how S397 handle paid content in Steam. I can't even remember what I have bought already and it does not have any indication in that horrible rFactor Store thing.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
For the three of you who use VR with iRacing, here's an extensive chart, showing how each (non shader related) graphical option affects performance. I was always told that grandstands and crowds, were big FPS killers, but it seems that that's not the case...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f5gFjCM89fqGkIDVYK4NeTf4gJNuoeqF_KEGQEd_PWw/edit?usp=sharing

I really hate how S397 handle paid content in Steam. I can't even remember what I have bought already and it does not have any indication in that horrible rFactor Store thing.
If S397 inherited anything from ISI, it's the ability to always choose the most convoluted option possible. They have their reasons for going with the Steam Shop, but they're probably losing sales due to their DLC page being empty.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
The way the mods work in rF2 dictate the need for the Steam workshop & inventory system to be used otherwise we'd all share the DLC. It's an issue URD and others have with 3rd party paid for mods as they have zero control on the sharing and installing of their mods as they cannot use the Steam inventory system.

This doesn't excuse the crap integration of the DLC store in rF2. I did read S397 have asked Steam to make their DLC clearer on the Steam storefront but it remains a dog's breakfast.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Hey, Betta Lines (loooong shot here but...) any clue if that DD wheel for PS4 may be compatible with PS5? Did Sony signal anything about future compatibility? I am planning on getting one and I play PC sim the most, but I like playing Gran Turismo titles...
This bundle will cost me a kidney here in Brazil, and that's even before my wife finds out how much I would spend in it.

Last edited:

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Betta Lines (loooong shot here but...) any clue if that DD wheel for PS4 may be compatible with PS5? Did Sony signal anything about future compatibility? I am planning on getting one and I play PC sim the most, but I like playing Gran Turismo titles...
This bundle will cost me a kidney here in Brazil, and that's even before my wife finds out how much I would spend in it.
That's unfortunately not something I can discuss right now, omegasc .

_jlnprssnr

Aug 19, 2018
In Steam, hover over your username in the header menu. Then go to inventory in the menu that appears, there go to the rF2 inventory.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
rF2's Reiza DLC priced at 20 euros.
  • Metalmoro AJR
  • Metalmoro MR18
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Formula Vee
  • Puma P052
  • Puma GTE car
  • Virginia International Raceway,
  • Ibarra,
  • Guapore
  • Imola
Seems like a pretty good deal. I think Sebring by itself was of similar price.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2's Reiza DLC priced at 20 euros.
  • Metalmoro AJR
  • Metalmoro MR18
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Formula Vee
  • Puma P052
  • Puma GTE car
  • Virginia International Raceway,
  • Ibarra,
  • Guapore
  • Imola
Seems like a pretty good deal. I think Sebring by itself was of similar price.
Seems fair for excellent content. Will be interesting to see how the differences between AMS and rF2 shake out. AMS has Reiza's own tyre models whereas Reiza are using ISI and S397 tyre models for the Reiza DLC package.

For example the Puma052 runs on slicks in rF2 and semi-slicks in AMS.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Steam Build IDs
client: 364315
dedi: 364316
Note: Admins are required to update all dedicated servers.

- Added realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
- Graphics engine and resource management improvements
New Materials
- Fixed an issue where the wrong region name was specified in the Region.JSON.
- Fixed an issue where files were erased from a custom skin .mas when no loose files were present in the same folder. The current behavior will now extract the contents of the .mas to the same folder, when no loose files are present.
- Fixed intermittent issue with editing materials.

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
My Sim Lab GT1 Evo rig arrived! Sadly all I did so far was gaze at all the nuts, screws, brackets & profiles and tried to make sense of the one page 'manual'. I'm so overwhelmed right now haha. Time to watch some Youtube tutorials.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Steam Build IDs
client: 364315
dedi: 364316
Note: Admins are required to update all dedicated servers.

- Added realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
I saw the warping bug happen twice.
about three weeks ago in a league race the 4th place car warped back and landed on top of my team mate's car, who was in 6th but about 3s behind.
and while we were practicing last week, I was 2s behind him and his car jumped back like and I hit him.

good to know they are looking into it. The previous build seem to have introduced gremlins.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
So... I decided on the Podium PS4 today. I don't think I need the extra newtons from the DD2, and PS4 (PS5 please) support is more important to me. Hopefully this will be my last wheel purchase for the next 10 years :)
Let's see the difference from the CSW v1 US I've been using for the last 5 years.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
rF2 Update: GT3 Updates

Changelog:

Aston Martin Vantage GT3
v1.39
- Optimized LODs
- BOP refuel time adjustment
- Fixed cambers
- Fixed brake calipers not turning with front tires

Audi R8LMS GT3
v1.41
- Optimized LODs
- Fixed clipping onboard cam
- Fixed side mirrors in showroom
- Fixed side mirrors on track

BMW M6 GT3
v1.37
- Optimized LODs
- Fixed clipping onboard cam
- Fixed default teams not showing new materials

McLaren 720s GT3
v1.35
- Optimized LODs
- Fixed default team not showing new materials

Porsche 911 GT3R
v1.33
- Optimized LODs

Latest GT3 Pack Updates
21-03-2019
Changelog:

Bentley Continental GT3
v2.47
- Optimized LODs
- Fixed side mirrors on track

Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
v2.43
- Optimized LODs
- Main body position fix
- Fixed see through fenders

Mercedes AMG GT3
v2.43
- Optimized LODs
- Small triangle fix on roll cage
- Allow slightly more seat movement
- Fixed gap between body and chassis

McLaren 650S GT3
v2.37
- Optimized LODs
- Fixed front dive planes in showroom

Radical RXC GT3
v2.47

Latest Endurance Pack Updates
21-03-2019

Changelog:

Porsche 991RSR GTE
v1.67
- Fixed see through vents and holes
- Fixed sorting issues with steering wheel and side windows

Corvette C7R GTE
v1.69
- Optimized LODs
- Mapping fix on bonnet

BMW M8 GTE
v1.43
- Fixed reversed oil and water values in the onboard HUD
- Optimized LODs

Norma M30 LMP3
v1.65
- Optimized LODs

Oreca 07 LMP2
v1.51
- Optimized LODs
- Reflection fix on floor diffuser

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
rFactor 2's Sebring 12h is live. Max Verstappen (no.7) currently running 3rd after serving a drive through penalty. So far the coverage has missed quite a few interesting battles/incidents sadly... they need an F1 race director.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018

F3 Classic Tracks is working on Eifel South Circuit, otherwise known as the Sudschleife. Here is a WIP preview, wonderful layout and excellent atmosphere.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody here has experience with the Thrustmaster T80 wheel (or it's equivalent for the XB1 I guess?).

I use a TX wheel in my setup but my clamp broke. I can't figure out if the T80 uses the same clamping system? If I find a cheap used T80, it could be a cheap way to fix my issue.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
512fx512f

Reiza rF2 Bundle is out

"The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here! This pack includes all Reiza content developed for rFactor 2: a total of 6 vehicles and 4 unique venues in 10 different layouts, mixing world-class race tracks such as Imola and VIR with exotic locations such as Ibarra and Guaporé; powerful modern prototypes such as the Metalmoro AJR with the challenging Formula Vee trainer. The Reiza rF2 Bundle combines the diverse content developed with quality standards and attention to detail Reiza became known for, with rFactor 2´s unique advanced simulation technology for a powerful sim racing experience!"

https://store.steampowered.com/item...AKQr1iucgDlqud0C-z0oTqf06akZVROOhOuqIqoij8Zqg

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully all eligible people took up the offer from Reiza to obtain the Reiza DLC pack for free. It is worth getting as the pack is great and the tracks are sublime.

The DLC offer is open to those who donated in Reiza's crowd funding and the freebee ends at the end of March.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
For those without a rig, what's the very best set of pedals? Is it the Clubsport v3s? I currently own the TP3As and I'm not as consistent or quick with them as I'd like, which is likely due to the measure of travel distance rather than pressure that would be gained from a LC.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
For those without a rig, what's the very best set of pedals? Is it the Clubsport v3s? I currently own the TP3As and I'm not as consistent or quick with them as I'd like, which is likely due to the measure of travel distance rather than pressure that would be gained from a LC.
I used to run a v2 and then a v3 for a short time with one of these
https://loja.cockpitextremeracing.c...ivel-com-logitech-fanatec-e-thrustmaster/8160
and you might need some extra weight if your floor is a little bit slippery, but you can adjust the max pressure so it might not be a problem. A v3 or maybe even the CSL LC are probably going to give you what you want.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I used to run a v2 and then a v3 for a short time with one of these
https://loja.cockpitextremeracing.c...ivel-com-logitech-fanatec-e-thrustmaster/8160
and you might need some extra weight if your floor is a little bit slippery, but you can adjust the max pressure so it might not be a problem. A v3 or maybe even the CSL LC are probably going to give you what you want.
Thanks. I'll probably give the v3's a shot. I need something better than what I have.