• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
More news soon:
64527826_10157529624232743_6322612431499558912_o.jpg

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone order a Fanatec rim recently? Any idea as to when the F1 2019 code is being sent out? I surely hope it actually isn't a week from now.

omegasc

Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Anyone order a Fanatec rim recently? Any idea as to when the F1 2019 code is being sent out? I surely hope it actually isn't a week from now.
If I am not mistaken, it's tomorrow, 25th... or the 27th? I remember thinking it was going to be near my birthday, on the 26th LOL

edit: found the e-mail
Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed.
The estimated shipping date for G-F1 2019 PC / F1™ 2019 for PC is 06/25/2019 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Betta Lines

You've had your fair share of questions on this page, haven't you? Up for one more?

What should I do next?

-I was driving in rF2 (now there's a surprise)
-Flat spotted a tyre in practice, leading to wheel vibration
-Quit back to pits for a fresh set of tyres, however I still had strong vibrations, even at low speeds (like I was constantly driving over a saw-tooth kerb)
-Tried a different car, still same issues (albeit a little weaker in the Skippy)
-Quit rF2 and opened up the Fanatec Property thingy
-Was told there was a new firmware for the base
-Updated firmware
-Waited to be told everything was OK
-Now if I switch my wheel on, it does the rotate-y thing, but never pops up in Windows
-If I try to calibrate it, the display goes blank (McLarenGt3 wheel btw)
-No matter what I do, I cannot switch the wheel off. Once switched on, it's on until I remove the power cable.

Do you think the weird vibrations I was feeling were leading to an internal failure of some kind? Or separate issue? What should I try next?

Pulled rim off base, replaced rim on base. Everything now works!
Hmm. That all sounds a bit strange, but I'm glad it appears to have fixed itself.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Did you help to compile all those settings?
Yup, I created the whole lot, then it was passed around the team to verify.

Should be sent today.

I thought it was a code haha :(. Was really hoping to play tomorrow.

Edit: WTF, I never got an e-mail.
Please check your spam folder.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Does anyone have experience with the Thrustmaster TS-PC/XW? I've been researching the various TM bases and it seems the TS is supposed to be the most powerful base, but it seems impossible to find actual tourque specs for TM products. Of the various TM bases I see in the wild, the TS seems to be the most rare. I currently have the TMX but will be upgrading in the coming weeks. I'd like to go with Fanatec, but shipping costs to Canada are crazy and the only supplier in Canada has inflated prices and shipping. I've been keeping an eye on the used market also.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
VR Features
We basically added two new things. Support for "IPD" or "World Scale" adjustments, which allow the fine tuning of the distance between the eye cameras in game. Some headsets have hardware controls for this too, but due to popular demand from people in our community we added this as a software feature too. This adjustment allows changing stereo separation strength, which leads to different perception of VR image and in some cases increases comfort. We've added key bindings to increase, decrease or even reset the IPD so you can map those and make adjustments while sitting in the cockpit (don't adjust and drive though!).​
The second feature we added is for users of the Pimax (and possibly other similarly constructed headsets). It allows you to enable or disable a specific projection mode that respects the orientation of the displays in the headsets. On the Pimax they are canted. Setting this feature, that for now needs to be changed in the player.json text file, to "1" enables this new option for Pimax. As a side effect, rendering on Pimax becomes roughly 25% more efficient, which is a nice bonus.​
Below is an overview of both settings as they appear in your player.json:​
"VR IPD Scale": 1,​
"VR IPD Scale#": "VR IPD Scale: Adjusts IPD distance​
between eyes. 1.0 = default IPD​
distance, as reported by the HMD,​
below 1.0 = reduce, above 1.0 =​
increase",​
"VR Projection Mode": 0,​
"VR Projection Mode#": "VR Projection Mode: 0 =​
default, 1 = not in-plane displays​
HMDs",​
Update log:​
Fixed a problem with our RSS based news feed in the old launcher (news failed to show up at all, should be back again now).​
The showroom was not correctly showing up in VR, now it's back to normal.​
Temporarily disabled the heat haze effect as it was rendering incorrectly. S397 are working on a proper fix, it will be "back soon".​
Some improvements to how our light probes are updated when jumping around in a replay between different times of day.​
There's quite a few packs on sale this summer, more than we ever had, so let's go over them! And of course, rFactor 2 itself is on sale as well!
We have three car packs on sale. The GT3 Power Pack and Endurance Pack are both 50% off, and the latest GT3 Challengers Pack has a 33% discount. Our first ever laser scanned track, that set a benchmark for future high quality tracks, Sebring, has a 30% discount.​
A 25% discount was applied to the Formula E Race bundle, featuring the Gen 2 car as well as two, highly accurate tracks: Monaco and Hong Kong.​
Our partners at Reiza Studios also have a special surprise for the summer. Not only are all three of their packs (the full pack, the car pack and the track pack) on sale, they also provided some fixes for the MCR 2000 as well as two brand new layouts for Imola, doubling the number of layouts available!​
ReizaPackSummerSale-4.jpg
We know we know, it's been a little while…. open wheel fans have been sitting at the window longingly looking into the distance hoping for a sign. But wait no more, we are pleased to once again give you 'open wheel' aficionados something to get your pulse 'racing' again. So start getting worked up right now, because the Tatuus pack arrival is imminent. This punchy bundle of six unique open wheel Tatuus cars that includes the Tatuus F.3 T318, the Tatuus MSV F3-016 (aka British F3), the Tatuus PM-18 (Pro Mazda), the Tatuus USF-17, Tatuus F4 T014, and the Tatuus FT-50, will hit the ground wheels spinning on Thursday this week.
Tatuus_006.jpg

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018

VR Features

We basically added two new things. Support for "IPD" or "World Scale" adjustments, which allow the fine tuning of the distance between the eye cameras in game. Some headsets have hardware controls for this too, but due to popular demand from people in our community we added this as a software feature too. This adjustment allows changing stereo separation strength, which leads to different perception of VR image and in some cases increases comfort. We've added key bindings to increase, decrease or even reset the IPD so you can map those and make adjustments while sitting in the cockpit (don't adjust and drive though!).​

The second feature we added is for users of the Pimax (and possibly other similarly constructed headsets). It allows you to enable or disable a specific projection mode that respects the orientation of the displays in the headsets. On the Pimax they are canted. Setting this feature, that for now needs to be changed in the player.json text file, to "1" enables this new option for Pimax. As a side effect, rendering on Pimax becomes roughly 25% more efficient, which is a nice bonus.​

Below is an overview of both settings as they appear in your player.json:​
"VR IPD Scale": 1,​
"VR IPD Scale#": "VR IPD Scale: Adjusts IPD distance​
between eyes. 1.0 = default IPD​
distance, as reported by the HMD,​
below 1.0 = reduce, above 1.0 =​
increase",​
"VR Projection Mode": 0,​
"VR Projection Mode#": "VR Projection Mode: 0 =​
default, 1 = not in-plane displays​
HMDs",​

Update log:​
Fixed a problem with our RSS based news feed in the old launcher (news failed to show up at all, should be back again now).​
The showroom was not correctly showing up in VR, now it's back to normal.​
Temporarily disabled the heat haze effect as it was rendering incorrectly. S397 are working on a proper fix, it will be "back soon".​
Some improvements to how our light probes are updated when jumping around in a replay between different times of day.​

ReizaPackSummerSale-4.jpg

Tatuus_006.jpg

Very excited for this Tatuus pack. The cars look brilliant and I love junior formula cars. Awesome that it's free.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
ACC news: WeWere releasing a preview version of our 1.0.5 Hotfix.​
To find information about how to opt into the public beta branch, visit this thread:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ut-hotfix-1-and-the-public-beta-branch.57636/
1.0.5:
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
- Minor changes to the server ping system.
- Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
- Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
- Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer
- (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode pakets especially while other cars are changing setups.
- Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
- Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
- Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
- Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
- Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for specator slots left on busy servers.
- Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
- Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
- CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
- Teleports of the own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
- Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
- Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
- The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
- Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty​

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does anyone have experience with the Thrustmaster TS-PC/XW? I've been researching the various TM bases and it seems the TS is supposed to be the most powerful base, but it seems impossible to find actual tourque specs for TM products. Of the various TM bases I see in the wild, the TS seems to be the most rare. I currently have the TMX but will be upgrading in the coming weeks. I'd like to go with Fanatec, but shipping costs to Canada are crazy and the only supplier in Canada has inflated prices and shipping. I've been keeping an eye on the used market also.
I remember hearing it's ~6.5'ish Nm [1.6x the torque of the TX according to the Thrustmaster shop (TX is~3.9 Nm according to iRacing's measurement) => 6,24 Nm], basically only beaten by the Fanatec CSW 2/2.5 of the non-DD wheelbases. Also, some reviewers claimed that the T-GT felt a bit stronger and more refined than the TS-PC/XW, but I'm not sure that I can believe that.
The CSL bases are supposedly smoother (smooth = you don't feel cogging - neither from the belt nor the electric motor) and also quicker. Personally, I appreciated the lack in smoothness (it's still really smooth though), since - to me - it felt like Fanatec traded in smoothness for a kinda rubbery-stretchy feel when you approach stall at high torque (from a tech perspective that's probably nonsense, take that as a subjective opinion). Anyway, clipping with my Thrustmaster TX or T500 certainly didn't feel great, but with the Fanatec any clipping feels awful imo.

If I were you and had more questions, I'd just join one of Alan Boiston's streams from Team VVV on YouTube. He usually doesn't have that many viewers and responds to a ton of questions during his streams. I don't have to mention his vast experience with wheels and racing games, I think, he's driven basically everything... and you see him switching between Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels a lot. But he's not a fan of super strong FFB though and not exactly a hard-numbers fan either, which is good and bad.

Ok, I bought 35€ worth of rF2 DLC in the summer sale, gonna try that stuff out now.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Steam Build IDs
client: 3957575

Changelog:

- Fixed a depth ordering issue that showed up with the distant mountain range in Mountain Peak, an old ISI made track.
- Fixed an issue with the transparent trainer being totally invisible.
- Fixed a small bug that crept into the Pimax VR support we just added, causing issues on the cockpit rendering using Vive.
- Small internal MAS library improvement.

DrPenguin

Aug 12, 2018
Thanks TylerDurden4321

I'm not really interested in really strong or artificially strong FFB. The issue I'm running into with my TMX is there isn't enough power to properly load the wheel during big slides and saves. I think the TS-PC will do the trick for me. Thanks for your feedback and help.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, quick question...

I started using the Sim Dashboard phone app with F1 2019 today and it's great but I need to figure out a better way to integrate it to my setup.

I'm currently using a car phone mount with a suction cup installed on the plate of my GT Omega Wheel Stand but it's not super solid... Anybody knows if there are phone mounts available that I could actually screw on the stand or something like that?

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
marvelharvey I couldn't agree more; I hope S397 include stats in the new UI as too many Sims seem to skip this. FWIW, I kept saying to S3 to do something similar in R3E as you had no clue on power:weight ratios or number of liveries for each car and class.​

Simple stuff seems so hard to implement!​

Last edited:

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, quick question...

I started using the Sim Dashboard phone app with F1 2019 today and it's great but I need to figure out a better way to integrate it to my setup.

I'm currently using a car phone mount with a suction cup installed on the plate of my GT Omega Wheel Stand but it's not super solid... Anybody knows if there are phone mounts available that I could actually screw on the stand or something like that?

What wheel are you using? I never had any success with suction cup mounts way back when, and clip-on, bendy arm phone stands were no better for me either with ffb shaking my whole gtomega wheel stand, and the inertia travelling up the arm.

What did work for me was something like this, but obviously isn't great for an f1 style rim. Depending on your wheel, there are aftermarket plates designed for specific wheelbases as well, such as this, or a diy equivalent.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on Kartkraft during the Steam sale. Game is barebones as fuck right now, it does not even have online racing, but I've been having a surprising amount of fun with it. I say surprising as I thought it would be difficult to read and feel what the kart is doing, as driving a kart in the real world is all about feel and moving your body weight around. I got used to the car fairly quickly and was putting doing some decent and consecutive lap times, however, I still find myself instinctively wanting to move my arse around!

I'm also liking the Faceoff Time-Trial mode. It's an interesting way to learn a brand new track as you compete against the ghosts of other racers. As you work your way up the leader boards, taking on quicker and quicker ghosts you get to see how different drivers have different lines or braking points.

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on Kartkraft during the Steam sale. Game is barebones as fuck right now, it does not even have online racing, but I've been having a surprising amount of fun with it. I say surprising as I thought it would be difficult to read and feel what the kart is doing, as driving a kart in the real world is all about feel and moving your body weight around. I got used to the car fairly quickly and was putting doing some decent and consecutive lap times, however, I still find myself instinctively wanting to move my arse around!
I'm also liking the Faceoff Time-Trial mode. It's an interesting way to learn a brand new track as you compete against the ghosts of other racers. As you work your way up the leader boards, taking on quicker and quicker ghosts you get to see how different drivers have different lines or braking points.​
KK has come a long way since the beta test I took part of - the game looked like arse and ran even worse. Now it's getting there and it's great the dev team have stayed working on the sim as the beta crashed and burnt without word from the dev team.​

I think KK is shaping up to be a great kart sim given enough time. I though the same thing of the KarSim add-on for rF2 and that's essentially a demo for the full release which costs a small fortune - https://www.kart-sim.com/products/kartsim-pro-software

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
I was on Paypal's payment page, about to click 'Send money' when my brain raised the question "Will this become an EGS exclusive too?" and I backed out.
I hope others have more faith than I do.​

But you're missing out on this special honour on the Reiza forum:​

SxdvktO.jpg

8-)​

I doubt Reiza would do an exclusive on the Epic store and I've not seen a single mention of an Epic store exclusive. IMO that would be sales suicide; look at Metro Exodus and their sales vs when their games were a Steam exclusive. It got to a point where 4A Games threw their toys out the pram and stated they'd make no more PC games if sales on Epic were bad! I've held out on buying despite being a day one Metro player dating back to Metro 2033.​

The best way to maximise pre-release sales is a crowd funding option where the third party takes a smaller percentage and to release keys as needed. My only caveat to joining up is how much would you save to purchase AMS 2 during a sale rather than backing their project.​

I'll ask on the forums if the Steam store will be used: https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...ishing-ams-2-on-other-digital-platforms.6248/

Level 5 backers will be getting their beta keys soon..yipee! I can't even remember spending the money it was that long ago.

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
But you're missing out on this special honour on the Reiza forum:​

SxdvktO.jpg

8-)​

I doubt Reiza would do an exclusive on the Epic store and I've not seen a single mention of an Epic store exclusive. IMO that would be sales suicide; look at Metro Exodus and their sales vs when their games were a Steam exclusive. It got to a point where 4A Games threw their toys out the pram and stated they'd make no more PC games if sales on Epic were bad! I've held out on buying despite being a day one Metro player dating back to Metro 2033.​
What a badge and thanks for asking on the forums!

Signing as an EGS exclusive does seem to crater games sales, but it doesn't stop publishers flocking to the sweet sweet dollar. One positive aspect though is that AMS2 is a niche within a niche and therefore may fly under Epic's radar. Conversely, I'm sure Ian Bell is chasing a Project Cars 3 EGS exclusivity deal!

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
What a badge and thanks for asking on the forums!

Signing as an EGS exclusive does seem to crater games sales, but it doesn't stop publishers flocking to the sweet sweet dollar. One positive aspect though is that AMS2 is a niche within a niche and therefore may fly under Epic's radar. Conversely, I'm sure Ian Bell is chasing a Project Cars 3 EGS exclusivity deal!
No worries.

I noted one of the many clowns from the rF2 forum answered a question I didn't answer on the Reiza forum: "As long as you pay the Backing Fee then it doesn't matter where the game ends up released you'll get it, as Reiza will honour the purchase of course" - no shit Sherlock. Not sure how that answers my question regarding Steam or Epic store.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
MotoGP 19 can look stunning:
wSgP3Qy.jpg

swByO8Q.jpg

7bymChm.jpg

No idea what Milestone have done with their latest update as they've managed to fuck up yet again and introduce screen tearing irrespective of whatever fps I select and if I use the in-game fps limiter. It's a really fun game that Milestone seem to be hell bent or screwing up with each update.​
Edit: As suspected the latest patch fixes some thing and breaks more things too! V-Sync is apparently kaput and the only solution is to force it on through the Nvidia Control Panel (I'm presuming AMD have a similar option).​

Last edited:

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
No idea what Milestone have done with their latest update as they've managed to fuck up yet again and introduce screen tearing irrespective of whatever fps I select and if I use the in-game fps limiter. It's a really fun game that Milestone seem to be hell bent or screwing up with each update.
That's a shame to hear, but it does looks awesome in still images. Do you ride with an Xbox controller or have some sim-handlebars?

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame to hear, but it does looks awesome in still images. Do you ride with an Xbox controller or have some sim-handlebars?
Although they exist, I don't use handle bars; a wheel and pedals is dorky enough! Xbox One controller works really well with bike games.

MotoGP 19 is a lot of fun and was totally worth the money. The in-game graphics are better than ACC and runs so much better than ACC too. The shots I took are in photo mode however with the Steam F12 screen shot function :)

It's a shame Milestone don't test their patches more throughly as MotoGP 19 ran like a dream in all conditions with a full grid of bikes until today's patch.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the $1 PC version of F1 2019 from Fanatec is already over? I was going to buy the Mclaren GT3 wheel but all they show is the PS4 version.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
ah, I see. I got burnt by Shenmue III. I changed my copy to PS4 instead of PC :P
I believe you both backed the same project and got screwed by the publisher. This is one aspect of EA that I do not like as the dev should be beholden to the people funding the game rather than a published who hops on board after the public's money has been collected.

I can see one of these dev teams getting into legal trouble at some point in the near future.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Man noticed F1 2019 dropped even though I barely got 1 hour played on F1 2018. Gonna just keep playing F1 2018 and after I get more time logged I'll upgrade prob but right now I guess I havent played f1 2018 enough to tell f1 2019 apart from it graphically.

I did have an amazing time the other day when I rode around some tracks in career mode. Maybe after I finish that I'll give 2019 a look

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
AMS 2 news regarding DLC packs and their price:

Renato of Reiza said:
There are at least 5 of those, which as in AMS1 will consist of one legendary venue in several iterations across the decades of its history.

Imagine each of those standalone track packs selling for an average US$ 9.99, and each Expansion Pack (featuring cars and tracks of a certain theme) for an average US$ 19.99, and imagine further DLCs being added to this mix as it likely will, and the Season Pass price will start to make more sense.

We´ll gradually clear up what those are as we progress, for now I understand this may still be too sparse in details for some to take the plunge, and if that´s the case you should definitely wait until we fill in the blanks.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Man noticed F1 2019 dropped even though I barely got 1 hour played on F1 2018. Gonna just keep playing F1 2018 and after I get more time logged I'll upgrade prob but right now I guess I havent played f1 2018 enough to tell f1 2019 apart from it graphically.

I did have an amazing time the other day when I rode around some tracks in career mode. Maybe after I finish that I'll give 2019 a look

Wait for a few patches until going into '19. Personally I'm leaving it at least a month.