• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I got an iPad recently and I've been into playing games on it with the Steam Link app. I'm really not a fan of virtual controls though so the only one I've been able to stick with has been Epic Battle Fantasy 5; since everything in that game can be done with left clicks it's worked really well for controlling it with a touch screen. Does anyone know any other RPGs that can work similarly? Alternately iOS RPGs that don't use virtual joysticks and stuff would be appreciated too.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Most isometric CRPG's would fit I imagine. Click to move + clickable on screen ability bar and generally they have on screen clickable buttons for menus.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
For iOS: 10000000 and You Must Build a Boat

For PC can't really think of much, but would suggest checking out some VN's as those kinda scratch the same itch as jrpgs for me

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Dicey Dungeons? I've been playing it on mobile and it works really well. Whether it fits probably depends on what you think of as an RPG though, I guess.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You could probably make Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 work although I'd keep the resolution low or scale the UI up

OP
OP

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Most isometric CRPG's would fit I imagine. Click to move + clickable on screen ability bar and generally they have on screen clickable buttons for menus.
Seems like a good fit. I'll have to see how scrolling the view will work since that's usually by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.
For PC can't really think of much, but would suggest checking out some VN's as those kinda scratch the same itch as jrpgs for me
I'm not really into VNs usually but I have a couple I've gotten in the past out of curiosity. Hadn't considered those.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Trails in the Sky and its two sequels can be played entirely with Mouse, but I think you'll need both buttons. Click and Hold to move towards the mouse - At walking speed if close, and running if far. Hold the mouse at the top of the screen to open the menu, and Right Click to interact with things.

Dunno if needing Right Click is a Deal-Breaker for you though.

OP
OP

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Trails in the Sky and its two sequels can be played entirely with Mouse, but I think you'll need both buttons. Click and Hold to move towards the mouse - At walking speed if close, and running if far. Hold the mouse at the top of the screen to open the menu, and Right Click to interact with things.

Dunno if needing Right Click is a Deal-Breaker for you though.
I had tried it earlier and it doesn't work as well as it seems like it should unfortunately. Right clicking is done by tapping with two fingers, which gets annoying when it needs to be done that frequently. There's also not an easy way to rotate the camera.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I got an iPad recently and I've been into playing games on it with the Steam Link app. I'm really not a fan of virtual controls though so the only one I've been able to stick with has been Epic Battle Fantasy 5; since everything in that game can be done with left clicks it's worked really well for controlling it with a touch screen. Does anyone know any other RPGs that can work similarly? Alternately iOS RPGs that don't use virtual joysticks and stuff would be appreciated too.
Trails in the Sky has great mouse controls, but you might need the right click too.

edit: already mentioned I see.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Movement still requires WASD or other keys.

If you use two first camera options, resembling camera view used for example in Diablo games, you use left mouse button to move Geralt over the map
latest

OP
OP

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
If you use two first camera options, resembling camera view used for example in Diablo games, you use left mouse button to move Geralt over the map
latest
Oh I'll have to try that. It makes sense that it has that option considering that The Witcher is pretty much the world's biggest Neverwinter Nights mod.