• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benditormenta

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Fallout 4

enb2018_1_4_22_35_2135s0k.jpg

enb2018_1_4_22_33_20_hns0k.jpg

WicketW

Dec 29, 2017
The Witcher 3

playing around with the UI Mask shader

X

X

"behind the scenes" :
https://youtu.be/37_lyOFV0lQ
https://youtu.be/gRl6jVpIpYw

(is posting portrait shots like this allowed / ethical?)

Damn, that's an impressive workflow. Thought this was mostly photoshop when I saw it on Flickr.

What are peoples opinions on photoshop? I always have this debate where on the one hand screenshots should be representative of the game as it is running on the computer but on the other hand screenshots can be more than just gameplay representations and 95% of photographs are tweaked in post-production in one way or another.

I don't know, is it okay to do minor tweak levels, contrast, saturation etc., stuff that's easily done with reshade but maybe you didn't think of it when you took the shot? How about more major changes, compositing characters into the frame, airbrushing aliasing, replacing sky?

How much photoshop is too much.

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
R8tedm3 you arent the only one. several people, myself included find battlefront 2 to be a regression from 1 in various ways. and destiny 2 is just passable

I'm really glad i'm not the only one:) feeling this way.

Great Destiny 2 shots. Just wish they added some kind of replay / photo mode to the game. People even asked and begged for that.

Thanks:) I'm pretty sure Otis would've made one already, but their anti hack system is so nasty, we would all end up being banned!

Plateuing, no way :) Things still get better all the time, but I think we'll move more into realism and not more crisper gfx (so actually less sharp gfx but overall more realistic. think 'the order 1886'.

I did feel the same way tho, I couldn't play a console game but because there were no good photomodes (if at all) and therefore I thought it was no fun anymore. But all it takes is a great game. E.g. now playing through yakuza0 and the gfx are terrible but I don't care, it's a great game. Just try some console games. After a short while you won't see the gfx detail differences anymore and some console games are actually really good gfx wise.

I'm trying so hard, but i can't even play a game unless i can hide HUD anymore, and has to be 4k at bare minimum. Gonna go for it again though! I felt the same way when Xbox implemented that stupid achievement score. No achievements = me not buying that system/game and in return no game play lol.

But, no seriously i think dev's are underestimating the importance of a properly implemented photo-mode. I'm pretty sure tons more people would buy the game that has some kind of photo-mode included with the game vs the one that doesn't.

Anyway, few Forza 7 pic's!

38773263384_76c831bba1_o.png

24615232367_4721a07bd2_o.png

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Damn, that's an impressive workflow. Thought this was mostly photoshop when I saw it on Flickr.

What are peoples opinions on photoshop? I always have this debate where on the one hand screenshots should be representative of the game as it is running on the computer but on the other hand screenshots can be more than just gameplay representations and 95% of photographs are tweaked in post-production in one way or another.

I don't know, is it okay to do minor tweak levels, contrast, saturation etc., stuff that's easily done with reshade but maybe you didn't think of it when you took the shot? How about more major changes, compositing characters into the frame, airbrushing aliasing, replacing sky?

How much photoshop is too much.
I doubt that my opinion matters here, but i think that showing game from the best side as it is, without using any photo editors or graphical mods, is much more challenging and interesting. Edited and cropped pictures is not screenshots, they're digital art, completely different categories.

Benditormenta

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Awesome tone mapping/colors. Looks ever so natural. Mind to share your (visual) mods/settings?

Of course:

- NAC (all clear weathers disabled).

- CFL enb, only PostPassShader, Bloom and SkyAmbientCalculation effects enabled. I use the "Apocalypse" technique, 0.8 in "Mix Level", "Global Detail" to 0.6 and Nearby Objects to 0.0. Chomatic Aberration is off too.

- Enhanced Lights and FX

- Vivid Fallout - All in One

- Ingame TAA + FXAA through Nvidia Inspector.

And that's it ;)

Last edited:

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Man, looking at the games with 4K assets (especially AC: Origins) makes me wonder what Horizon could have done a PC. Sadly, we'll never know :(

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
how are you liking the game? thinking about picking it up

Game is nothing more than a walking simulator right now! Just good to fire up every now and then, play for half hr. take a shot or two and turn off! Maybe once it releases next month i might recommend it? But at the moment, i suggest you save your money for something else.

What's your setup? How was the game running for you?

Game runs pretty decent with all settings maxed out but shadow set to high and bottom 3 sliders are all set half way. I get 40-43 FPS@8k. Coming out of woods, FPS tank down to 27-29 for like 1-2 seconds and go back up!
And my setup is:

3x GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid's in Tri-Sli
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
I7 6850k @ 4.7
32 gigs DDR4 @ 3200 Mhz
2x Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB's NVMe in Raid 0
Thermaltake View 71 all watercooled but the GPU's

Building a new rig in march where everything will be under water, just waiting for the View 91 to release (hopefully it will)

Project Cars 2 | In-Game Photo-mode |8k

25700247168_e082e2a562_o.png
38861842324_49eafc46bc_o.png

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
AC:Origins, own camera tools, reshade. My depthbuffer detection code has been merged with reshade now so it now properly detects the depth buffer in multi-threaded games like AC:Origins. I hope the release will be soon. :) I'll try some more tricks, like delaying depth buffer clearing by the game (which might bring back the depth buffer in games like Tombraider, but we'll see if it works)

24706197007_6aeca6f2c4_o.jpg

And my setup is:

3x GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid's in Tri-Sli
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
I7 6850k @ 4.7
32 gigs DDR4 @ 3200 Mhz
2x Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB's NVMe in Raid 0
Thermaltake View 71 all watercooled but the GPU's

Building a new rig in march where everything will be under water, just waiting for the View 91 to release (hopefully it will)
A new rig... why ? :D Your current one is 'outdated'? Holy shit, I'm a professional dev but I work with stuff that's not even close to half of that :) But seriously, not sure if you'd get measurable more performance out of a new rig compared to that monster rig you already have. It's not as if you're bottlenecked somewhere in there (ok, if you want to run things @8K/60fps then perhaps you are, but I doubt new hw will bring that)

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First time here...

Redout
Shot in Nvidia Ansel in 4K, all settings Ultra except for Post-Process.
redoutsuper-resolutiou9or5.jpg

redoutsuper-resolutiojopzr.jpg

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3

Just giving the new NVIDIA Freestyle stuff a go (very minimal stuff used here), works pretty well. Seems like a nice alternative to reshade, though the options and customization available certainly aren't comparable.

24734646657_b024d70d02_o.png

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 3

Just giving the new NVIDIA Freestyle stuff a go (very minimal stuff used here), works pretty well. Seems like a nice alternative to reshade, though the options and customization available certainly aren't comparable.
Crosire, the lead dev of reshade is involved in that https://reshade.me/forum/releases/3744-3-1?start=100#25473
Interesting to see what it will bring in the future. I hope the depth buffer issue will be solved once and for all in ansel, at least for shots at screen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.