• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Real shitty move.

They obviously didn't need the money, their fig campaign went way over their target.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Can't really complain much if they're offering refunds. Still sucks though.

I don't see how you can't complain. The whole crowdfunding thing is that they need help finishing the game. So they take your money after promising terms you accept, they spend your money on finishing the game and when it's done take money from Epic to pay you out of your investment because you don't agree with the new terms.

They at best borrowed peoples money to finish a game and those people now get nothing from lending it.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking disgusting

And reminds me that Shenmue III is not safe of this Epic bullshit as well.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to find comments happy about this.

First time I've seen negativity beaming in the direction of Gollop, dayum.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Refunds will be available if buyers aren't happy with this.
If they aren't happy with it. Lmfao. Of course people aren't going to be happy with it. Was planning to nab this but I guess I'll be waiting a while to do so. Tired of this fucking moneyhatting bullshit.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually digusting because this is a fully invested Fig crowd-funded game where the game literally would not exist without people wanting the Steam and GoG keys.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Are they offering refunds for pre-orders only or for backers as well?

The "funniest" thing is, without people backing the game for steam and gog keys, there probably wouldn't even be a game to moneyhat for epic in the first place.

Yeah. It is definitely not kosher when people back a product expecting Steam/GoG keys, and now there is none coming. It is still a bad thing when it happens to a game developer that is self-funded, but a crowd-funded game/developer doing it is way worse because you have an obligation to your backers.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I was OK with all the other EGS timed exclusives, but this one sucks because of the crowdfunding and false promises.

The others ones, the consumers werent owed anything, but in this case, they are.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
And this games was not going to be buried on Steam. SO that line of talk means nothing.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is an instance where I really feel that things turned out pretty terrible. They stated that the product would be on Steam, GOG, Linux, and MacOS. Telling people that if people are unhappy with the changes they there'll be a refund is stating that they've effectively borrowed their money interest free to develop a game to then receive money from Epic.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I backed the game on Fig, I'm asking for a refund immediately. X-Com is my favorite game of all time but I'm not going to support this.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they haven't even sent out any information by FIG to all of their investors and backers is telling.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Love too give companies interest free loans before they get their big payday from epic. Fuck this shit

Oct 25, 2017
Its not Epics fault. They are a business.
tenor.gif

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I wouldn't mind if they put a game on Epic Games Store alongside Steam and GOG, but this exclusivity nonsense is such a scummy move. I won't support it.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Well the AMA tomorrow will be interesting, can imagine there will be some... heated comments.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I backed this. Fuck off, Snapshot. Asking for a refund if I don't get a Steam key.

edit: Forgot something: Fuck off, Epic.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic is now going after already sold GOG and Steam keys? Jesus fucking Christ these pieces of shit get scummier with each fucking day

Deleted member 10852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, no more GoG and i guess no more Key from GMG, Humble, etc. and no more linux. Wow what a great deal for consumers

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Had I invested in this, I'd be exploring options of what type of legal action I could take if they didn't refund my investment.

Although I think fig terms grant you little to no power against a project that has deliberately mislead you.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Should've used "loophole" to fulfill backers with Steam keys:

Crowdfunding.
Keys can be used to fulfill crowdfunding rewards and grant backers access to your product. Providing backers with beta testing keys prior to release is also OK, but only backers should receive those keys

Wonder if Epic paid not to?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Its not Epics fault. They are a business.

We don't know who approached who about the deal, and without knowing it is hard to say who really wanted to make this happen more. I would tend to place more blame on the developers because they are the ones who received crowd funded money to develop their game and have the direct obligation to Epic, but Epic is certainly not blameless in this situation either.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a solid way to screw over backers and also fig investors who I'm guessing won't see a share of the Epic money but will see their shares worth less with a drop in sales.