• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
That's a real kick in the teeth to the Fig backers too, no? I'm assuming whatever money Epic paid doesn't get sent out
If that's the case then that might be actual grounds for a lawsuit.

I mean, that clearly affects the actual revenue share -- and the expected sales -- in a major way.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
We don't know who approached who about the deal, and without knowing it is hard to say who really wanted to make this happen more. I would tend to place more blame on the developers because they are the ones who received crowd funded money to develop their game and have the direct obligation to Epic, but Epic is certainly not blameless in this situation either.
How can you blame them for making an offer? Its 100% on the developer to do the right thing.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! I'll be getting a refund on my backing, and by the time the game comes to steam there'll be more games to play anyway, so oh well.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Well the AMA tomorrow will be interesting, can imagine there will be some... heated comments.

They're getting destroyed in the two main reddit threads. I can't see it going well at all. I wouldn't even do it if I were them, delay it a week or something.
If your store is so fucking great it should be able to stand on its own
no you see this is the only way they can compete

theres nothing at all else they can do

also this is a good thing because its competition

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they're offering refunds for those who no longer want it, and free DLC for those who stick with them, so I find it hard to say too much about how they're handling the situation. I still don't like the fact Epic is moneyhatting games instead of improving their store and letting consumers decide, though.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty crazy this was crowdfunded then at the finish line all of this... I'd be pretty upset if I backed this.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they're offering refunds for those who no longer want it, and free DLC for those who stick with them, so I find it hard to say too much about how they're handling the situation. I still don't like the fact Epic is moneyhatting games instead of improving their store and letting consumers decide, though.
Still doesn't make this acceptable in any way. Refunds is the least they could do.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
That's some astronomic level of scum behaviour from the dev team if they are not providing Steam/GoG keys to their investors as was promised.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
In the FAQ, Look and our window to get a refund is limited

If we really can't tempt you over, we understand. You can cancel your pre-order (this includes Fig.co crowdfunding backers) at any time in the next 28 days for a full refund.

SO we get a month to refund for them pulling a bait and switch.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm massively happy about it as a backer. :I

At least they're offering refunds I guess but still.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I have to say, 1 year of free DLCs sounds nice.

At what point is their word shit, though. Like what is the actual expected output of DLC within the year, and how surprised would you be to see them push a DLC date into the 13th month post release due to "delays".

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
DO NOT TAKE YOUR REFUNDS IF YOU INVESTED VIA THE FIG CAMPAIGN.
There's likely grounds for a lawsuit here.

Oct 27, 2017
Start talking with your wallet folks. Wasn't going to buy it anyways but feel bad for those who where and wanted it on the platform of choice.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They dont owe you anything.

Actually, they do own people who backed it Steam keys.

5vTuq4E.png

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hate it, too, but at least they've done something to try to soften the blow. They didn't have to give people who stick with the Epic Store anything.

More like without refunds, there would be grounds for a lawsuit. They 100% marketed the game with Steam and GOG keys to get money from people, including actual INVESTORS and not just backers.

Lets not paint this act as generosity.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Posted this yesterday I think, but fuck Epic for this. I'm not buying a fucking thing from their store until this moneyhatting bullshit stops. You want exclusives? Develop them yourself or publish games start to finish. This moneyhatting existing games off of other stores is wack enough, doing it to crowdfunded games where people have funded / preordered expecting other stores (especially GOG) is disgusting.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Supporting industry legend vs. supporting company that is actively trying to sabotage PC gaming scene.

I'll take the refund and re-play XCOM 2 if need be. They already delayed the game multiple times, what's another year. Plus there will be a year's worth of DLC available then as well.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yikes. Somehow worse than the Metro situation, because at least they were still honoring Steam sales.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
They probably need to get harangued into giving out those Steam/GOG keys to backers like they said they wouldd

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
More like without refunds, there would be grounds for a lawsuit. They 100% marketed the game with Steam and GOG keys to get money from people, including actual INVESTORS and not just backers.

Lets not paint this act as generosity.

It would be nice if they could offer Steam/GOG keys to those who still want one.