• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
fa7ffbd6-f0ac-479d-adf2-4e083c6576d7.png

I really wish capcom would stop putting denuvo in their games. It doesn't work and never will. Devil May Cry 5 will most likely have it too which sucks.

Turn me into a Jill sandwich if old.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any proof Denuvo is the evil performance destroyed people claim it is? I mean maybe it's not effective as DRM but most of the games I play with it are fine and the ones that aren't I don't think have anything to do with Denuvo

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any proof Denuvo is the evil performance destroyed people claim it is? I mean maybe it's not effective as DRM but most of the games I play with it are fine and the ones that aren't I don't think have anything to do with Denuvo

Evidence continues to mount about how bad Denuvo is for PC gaming performance

This week, in its third video on the topic, YouTube channel Overlord Gaming confirmed an additional six examples of improvements once Denuvo was patched out of recent games. The differences in performance range from marginal to noticeable. Yet in all cases, Overlord confirms a general trend of Denuvo impact in two key categories: loading times, and sporadic-yet-severe spikes in "frame time."

All six tested games included loading times that were anywhere between 50-80 percent longer with Denuvo enabled. Overlord's tests made sure to reload and retest both pre- and post-Denuvo versions a few times, to see how leaving any information or assets in a system's RAM might affect subsequent reboots, and to confirm that post-Denuvo versions weren't unfairly benefiting from game elements remaining in the testing system.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess to them even if it's only a few days before it gets cracked it's still worth implementing it seeing as how easy it is to download a pirated copy. I don't think the PS4 and Xbox One are as easy or even if they have pirated games.

There has been videos showing before and after, some pretty significant improvements without it. Not sure if it's an exact comparison with the same game version and same driver updates.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Has Capcom at least been good about later removing it or do they just leave it in?

EDIT: just looked up RE7 on the Steam store page and it appears that they are not good about later removing it.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating Piracy
Its ok. It will be cracked shortly and you can always buy a steam account access and play for 5$

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Has Capcom at least been good about later removing it or do they just leave it in?

EDIT: just looked up RE7 on the Steam store page and it appears that they are not good about later removing it.

fwiw - i played both of those games on PC and never encountered any issues with frame time (I am sensitive to things like that too) or any unreasonably long loading times on an SSD.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be promptly removable (edit: meant cracked) especially for this long awaited game.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Has there been any actual issues occurring for games that have Denuvo (like Sonic Mania for an example?)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I mean....alright this was expected ??? how is this news ? was listed for months now.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
What's the purpose exactly of being annoyed by Denuvo for a game like this? Beyond the fact that it makes it harder to steal?

Edit: ok, so it does seem to have a performance impact, maybe?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about the hacking community.

Yeah...my bad for using the word 'removed'.

Result is the same though.
I understand that hackers don't remove Denuvo per se. They just bypass it. Denuvo is still in the background while playing cracked copies of games.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It will be promptly removable, especially for this long awaited game.
Cracks don't remove Denuvo, only bypass it, with a few rare exceptions.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a standalone game called 'Breach' that does not have Denuvo, yet the executable can be used to boot the base game which resulted in noticeably improved load times.

I haven't tried it yet, and I probably never will since I'm almost at the end of DX:MD, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand what the big deal about Denuvo is. Never had any issues with games that use it.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So does that mean even with a crack when Denuvo's servers go down so does our ability to play these games?

No.

You can play all of those properly offline and not worry about servers.

Yeah people will probably crack RE2 and DMC5 in record time.

I wouldn't be so sure, I guess it deppends on what Denuvo updated with their latest variant.

Even big games like ACO or MHW took months to get cracked.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
No.

You can play all of those properly offline and not worry about servers.

Oh, that's at least good though it still kind of sucks. Having said that, there is a precedence for Capcom removing Denuvo support from their games. They removed it from MVC:I and Mega Man 11 so it's not entirely out of the question (though I think I'm seeing a trend with Capcom's marquee games keeping it in).

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's basically another thing for gamers to get mad and rally about on the internet rather than doing something productive with their time. Also it's annoying to people who want to pirate games.
Yep. Everyone that doesn't want DRM, performance debilitating spyware on their devices is a pirate.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically another thing for gamers to get mad and rally about on the internet rather than doing something productive with their time. Also it's annoying to people who want to pirate games.

Lol or maybe it's consumers rightly being mad at something that demonstrably reduces performance?

For the most part anti-pirate software only has a negative impact on those that buy the game legally, because pirates are going to get around it.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

Or you know sometimes it is more of a pain in the ass to those that buy games then those that pirate them.

OP
OP
CrazyHal

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
It's basically another thing for gamers to get mad and rally about on the internet rather than doing something productive with their time

What an asinine thing to say. Denuvo has a history of reducing performance in some games among other things so the hate that it gets is justified. Or do you think that gamers should just deal with it and stop complaining?

Deleted member 11832

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it doesn't tank performance. But then again MHW runs like shit on pc, so we might have another stinker.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
What an asinine thing to say. Denuvo has a history of reducing performance in some games among other things so the hate that it gets is justified. Or do you think that gamers should just deal with it and stop complaining?

I find that most of the people that complain about the complaints aimed at Denuvo do not even PC game. Out of sight out of mind for many. I think that if Capcom removed it from their games after a set period of time that would help.