• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rayhorakhty

Jul 30, 2019
Warlords III! Finally! One of the best turn-based strategy games of all time. Also, some of my favorite music in any game!

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Yes! Never played it but remember reading about it. Love it when gog gets back to good old games

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's awesome!

Warlords 3 is a fantastic game that people should look into. The modern compability issues were insane though, this should make it much easier to play.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Wishlisted. Too much other stuff to get in this week's mid-week sale, but I had a ton of fun with II and III back in the day.

For those who don't know: think of HOMM with automated battles that are decided based on who has stronger units.

I wish Ubi (I think they own the IP?) would commission an RPG in the world of Etheria. If you played Warlords BattleCry III and Warlords 3 + 4, there's a really interesting world there with some cool lore to explore.

EDIT: Etheria, not Erathia. Erathia is the Castle Kingdom in HOMM3

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wishlisted. Too much other stuff to get in this week's mid-week sale, but I had a ton of fun with II and III back in the day.

For those who don't know: think of HOMM with automated battles that are decided based on who has stronger units.

I wish Ubi (I think they own the IP?) would commission an RPG in the world of Etheria. If you played Warlords BattleCry III and Warlords 3 + 4, there's a really interesting world there with some cool lore to explore.

EDIT: Etheria, not Erathia. Erathia is the Castle Kingdom in HOMM3
Warlords 1 to 3 are published by Slitherine on GOG.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Warlords 1 to 3 are published by Slitherine on GOG.

yeah, it's a weird situation, just wiki'd it.

SSG was the developer of Warlords I-III and also Warlords: Battlecry 1&2

Then the lead designer of Warlords broke away to form his own company, Infinite Interactive, which made BattleCry III (published by Enlight) and Warlords IV (published by Ubisoft, hence my confusion), The devs are still around, but they're making Puzzle Quest games now.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine received Warlords III for Christmas and didn't like it much, so he lent it to me and I played the hell out of that game.

So happy to see this series available again as I always wanted to play I and II on top of replaying III.