• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This is a ERA--->Internet--->ERA type of story. Since Toumari was the first one to share it.

Information about this was highlighted in the profile of the senior artist of PlayStation Studios Visual Arts characters Frank Aliberti on the ArtStation website, who managed to work on both titles.

death-stranding-2-and-sony-s-new-first-person-shooter-will-be-released-in-2024_1.png

The "upcoming first-person shooter" mentioned on Aliberti's page is most likely engaged in Firewalk Studios, which concluded an exclusive agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment in 2021 to release its first AAA-class multiplayer game under its wing.

He also worked on a game that from the description sounds like Helldivers 2

image-1.png

More at PCGameAbout: https://pcgameabout.com/posts/annou...first-person-shooter-will-be-released-in-2024

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Assuming the FPS isn't VR, I hope the shooter has both gyro & flick stick support. Sony has been pretty good about the former (& accessibility as a whole) recently, but Fortnite raised the bar.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Firewall Ultra is a PSVR2 title so I expect the upcoming FPS ot be a PSVR2 title too. I don't expect Sony to risk and create a major AAA FPS ip any time soon. They didn't even bother reviving already establishied FPS franchises, unless they are Gaas games ofc.

Last edited:

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Firewall Ultra is a PSVR2 title so I expect the upcoming FPS ot be a PSVR2 title too. I don't expect Sony to risk and create a major AAA FPS ip any time soon. They didn't even bother reviving already establishied FPS franchises.
Aren't Guerrilla working on a FPS with the director from R6: Siege?

Rumours are it's in the Horizon universe, though.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Sony made very wise moves with Deviation Games and Firewalk Studios.

Especially Deviation Games gives me Respawn Entertainment vibes.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

I think both Deviation and Firewalk games for Sony are FPS

Aren't those The rumored Gaas games cross-platform with PC? I don't expect a FPS for PS5 (probaly still cross-gen with PS4) except for this tbh. I will be very surprised if they invest in FPS games with the level of Resistance and Killzone.
Bungie could be doing an exclusive Gaas game like Destiny too for PS5.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Aren't those The rumored Gaas games cross-platform with PC? I don't expect a FPS for PS5 (probaly still cross-gen with PS4) except for this tbh. I will be very surprised if they invest in FPS games with the level of Resistance and Killzone.
I think they will be on PC too. Hermen said their Gaas games will be on PC too.
But they also have Bungie. I think Bungie will continue to make FPS games too lol

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Bungie could be doing an exclusive Gaas game like Destiny too for PS5.
Right, but just because they're on PC doesn't mean they aren't AAA FPS games. They're 100% investing in AAA FPS games that will launch on PS5.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Right, but just because they're on PC doesn't mean they aren't AAA FPS games. They're 100% investing in AAA FPS games that will launch on PS5.

Didn't you read that I was mentioning Gaas? It doesn't have to do with platforms but with the way the game is being intended to be.
You can call a Gaas game AAA or even a VR game AAA too if you want. It does not change the fact that it isn't like the original and Classical AAA games like Resistance and Killzone and all the famous AAA games are and were.

I would love to see old FPS games revived alongside similar new IP created personally.

Last edited:

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017

I'm fine with this honestly. First half of 2023 is bursting at the seams with games and Spider-Man 2 in the fall not to mention anything else Sony would announce in June/E3 timeframe, Death Stranding 2/DS2 would be too crowded.

I'm intrigued about the FPS though - maybe we'll hear something about it in June.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Angie It seems the artist removed DS2 from his portfolio. I think DS2 date was a placeholder and then when this went public, he didn't want to get caught leaking non accurate date. The other games are not announced yet so he can any date he wants even placeholder ones.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Please don't be another dime-a-dozen realistic military shooter.

Go for something more unique like Resistance.
..........Resistance is like, not that far removed from dime a dozen despite not literally being a military shooter. And by 3 that series was just, somewhat confused about what it wanted to be. Shame cause the premise could make for some really good gameplay scenarios centered around doing something other than straight forward shooting.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't you read that I was mentioning Gaas? It doesn't have to do with platforms but with the way the game is being intended to be.
You can call a Gaas game AAA or even a VR game AAA too if you want. It does not change the fact that it isn't like the original and Classical AAA games like Resistance and Killzone and all the famous AAA games are and were.

I would love to see old FPS games revived alongside similar new IP created personally.
Are you referring to single player, story-led FPS games? In that case, yes I don't expect Sony to make them. Sorry, I missed that in your original post.

The description on this seems to be co-operative, and I expect them to have a PVP shooter too, alongside whatever Bungie go on to produce.

I personally think PlayStation Studios needs a hit FPS multiplayer shooter moreso than something in the mould of Killzone.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Are you referring to single player, story-led FPS games? In that case, yes I don't expect Sony to make them. Sorry, I missed that in your original post.

The description on this seems to be co-operative, and I expect them to have a PVP shooter too, alongside whatever Bungie go on to produce.

I personally think PlayStation Studios needs a hit FPS multiplayer shooter moreso than something in the mould of Killzone.

Yeah I meant about those exactly.
Yes indeed Sony needs to have a succesfull inhouse FPS game, more or so like Halo Infinite separate MP mode that runs outside the original game echo system or like Warzone 2.0. Hopefully this time it will be a hit and not a miss like MAG. It was too good for its time tbh.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Firewall Ultra is a PSVR2 title so I expect the upcoming FPS ot be a PSVR2 title too. I don't expect Sony to risk and create a major AAA FPS ip any time soon. They didn't even bother reviving already establishied FPS franchises, unless they are Gaas games ofc.
I don't think Sony would want two fps competing like that.

Pretty sure that's just a Horizon online game and not an FPS.

Angie It seems the artist removed DS2 from his portfolio. I think DS2 date was a placeholder and then when this went public, he didn't want to get caught leaking non accurate date. The other games are not announced yet so he can any date he wants even placeholder ones.

They wouldn't want an accurate date getting out either.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I meant about those exactly.
Yes indeed Sony needs to have a succesfull inhouse FPS game, more or so like Halo Infinite separate MP mode that runs outside the original game echo system or like Warzone 2.0. Hopefully this time it will be a hit and not a miss like MAG. It was too good for its time tbh.
I play Halo Infinite weekly and love it, I would absolutely like something of that quality from a PVP perspective on my PS5. It's in the rotation with Warzone, but I'm fatigued on 2.0 because it isn't capturing the magic of Verdansk.

MAG was good. Way ahead of its time, and I felt like it was trying to push the hardware too hard. A MAG style game on modern hardware could be excellent, but it needs to learn from the errors of something like Battlefield 2042 and understand how to focus players amidst the chaos. The original game was great at that with the objective system.

Tbh I miss SOCOM. I'm one of the few that really enjoyed Confrontation on PS3.
Pretty sure that's just a Horizon online game and not an FPS.
Someone in the PlayStation OT said that and it really bummed me out.

Siege is one of the best designed and most inventive games of the last decade, let alone in its genre, and I want to see that game's director follow-up in a new IP with first party support.

I find everything about Horizon to be extremely dull so I just can't get excited for an online game in that world.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I play Halo Infinite weekly and love it, I would absolutely like something of that quality from a PVP perspective on my PS5. It's in the rotation with Warzone, but I'm fatigued on 2.0 because it isn't capturing the magic of Verdansk.

MAG was good. Way ahead of its time, and I felt like it was trying to push the hardware too hard. A MAG style game on modern hardware could be excellent, but it needs to learn from the errors of something like Battlefield 2042 and understand how to focus players amidst the chaos. The original game was great at that with the objective system.

Tbh I miss SOCOM. I'm one of the few that really enjoyed Confrontation on PS3.

Someone in the PlayStation OT said that and it really bummed me out.

Siege is one of the best designed and most inventive games of the last decade, let alone in its genre, and I want to see that game's director follow-up in a new IP with first party support.

I find everything about Horizon to be extremely dull so I just can't get excited for an online game in that world.

I will be ultra surprised if SOCOM doesn't happen this gen.

Last edited:

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Not a stretch to think so, 2024 makes sense for a game that's been announced at the end of 2022, from a very competent studio.

Sep 6, 2022
..........Resistance is like, not that far removed from dime a dozen despite not literally being a military shooter. And by 3 that series was just, somewhat confused about what it wanted to be. Shame cause the premise could make for some really good gameplay scenarios centered around doing something other than straight forward shooting.
I never played 3 but Resistance 2 had some of the most fun Multiplayer gameplay of any shooter i have ever played.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

Iirc from the screenshot we have seen, the game from Firewalk is seemingly a sci-fi space shooter. Probably in the same vein as Destiny.

We haven't seen anything from the deviation game but they said its artstyle/look will be unique. So I don't expect it to be a realistic military shooter either.

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope it has a worthy campaign. After MS bought bethesda FPS sp games have a hole that isn't filled.

A Resistance 4 that follows 3's style would be great.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
DS2 not having even a year at the end of its trailer was pretty telling that it wouldn't be next year, so this is very plausible.

Sep 6, 2022
Iirc from the screenshot we have seen, the game from Firewalk is seemingly a sci-fi space shooter. Probably in the same vein as Destiny.

We haven't seen anything from the deviation game but they said its artstyle/look will be unique. So I don't expect it to be a realistic military shooter either.
In that case, I am way more interested to know what those games will look like.
We are overdue for more shooters like Destiny that redefine what the FPS genre is all about.

To this day there is nothing like Destiny on the market, which is a shame because that franchise is so good.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm curious what their 2023 lineup will be. We know some of what's been announced, but there's so much unannounced! It's kind of exciting considering the studios we're going to hear from are either proven or have much potential.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious what their 2023 lineup will be.
Outside of the SP stuff we know of I'm expecting a lot of it will be their live service stuff starting to roll out. 2 new live service franchises expected by end of FY22 (March 2023) and another 3 new live service franchises expected by end of FY23 (March 2024).

Total of 5 new live service franchises expected in a span of 15 months.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

Is that not the online coop Horizon game?

BF, COD, and R6 basically cover the mainstream market for mp military shooters on console, and only the third one is even close to realistic. Ubi's xDefiant is not coming out until next year I think so at most there are potentially four.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022
Alright I probably got like a year and a half to get to DS1. Seems like enough time but 2023 is stacked and my brother just gifted me both horizon games. Plus next year is gonna be annoyingly busy to start for me. Hopefully I get there