• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Earlier this week, Beahm's publicist contacted PC Gamer to offer an interview with Beahm. From the outset it was clear we'd likely get little information on what actually happened, but it was an opportunity to ask Beahm on the record about the many rumors surrounding his ban and what the performer is planning next. Given that there's so much speculation—and reports from industry insiders like Rod 'Slasher' Breslau that Beahm's ban was allegedly handled outside of Twitch's usual protocol, "which implies a law enforcement and or security type of related issue"—we've decided to publish this interview as it happened with only minor edits made for clarity and readability.

PC Gamer: It's been almost three weeks since you were banned from Twitch. I imagine that it's been very frustrating. I would love to start with just hearing what's been happening behind the scenes with you. What's been going on these past three weeks?

Guy 'Dr Disrespect' Beahm: Sure. I mean, well, a lot of stuff, obviously. You know, while it's unfortunate that I'm off Twitch, we're definitely working behind the scenes on what a Dr return might look like. In terms of the specifics around that, we're not interested in exclusive at this point. We're exploring our options and, honestly, just can't wait to get back into character soon. We have a lot to do, and I'll be wherever fans want me to be. And, you know, that's been our approach.

Given that connection that you have with your audience and how important that is, I'm sure you can appreciate that there's been a lot of concern and worry over the past few weeks. Why didn't you give people an update, just to say 'hi,' even if you had nothing really concrete to say?

Well, to be honest—okay, so we got the news, you know, it was just... it was completely… it was a total shock. Imagine just going to work one day and the door is closed and you can't get inside and you've been told that you were fired, and you weren't given a reason why, you know? And so, for me, it was just an initial shock. The way I discovered it, too, I was on a buddy's stream, and some of the features started turning off while I was just in the chat and everything, and then all of a sudden social media was blowing up. I got on the call with my team, and after one quick email, it was all over. At that particular moment, it was more of just kind of shocked, like, what just happened, you know? And both my wife and I are just like, what's going on?

So that's kind of how, initially, how things kind of went down. And then from there, you're sort of just digesting it. You're still not getting any answers. So that's kind of why I had… I wouldn't have known what to say, you know? We put out the one tweet, our statement, and that's kind of where things are at.

And Twitch has just cut off contact with you? They've never provided you a reason for the ban?

Yeah.

That seems crazy to me. To ban one of its most famous, popular streamers and then to not even tell them what they did wrong?

Yeah, that's the kind of the mind blowing thing about all of this. Obviously, for legal counsel, I have to be careful here. But I can say however, that I will not be returning to Twitch, so, I mean, that's it.

www.pcgamer.com

Interview: Dr Disrespect talks about his Twitch ban, the rumors, and his future

After weeks of silence, Guy 'Dr Disrespect' Beahm discusses his Twitch ban and what's next.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they didn't give him a reason. His sctich never appealed to me however so whatever.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
"Yeah, that's the kind of the mind blowing thing about all of this. Obviously, for legal counsel, I have to be careful here. But I can say however, that I will not be returning to Twitch, so, I mean, that's it."

Obviously lol.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he clearly knows why they did it and he's being cute because Twitch may not have explicitly spelled it out.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he clearly knows why they did it and he's being cute because Twitch may not have explicitly spelled it out.
He should know but revealing whatever it is would jeopardize future partnerships.

My hunch is that it was probably some covert business dealing that Twitch found out about--other opportunities. Doubtful it is any violent crimes or anything like that as that would've leaked a long time ago and involved courts.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, and I want to talk about that. But first, you did recently ruffle a few feathers after sharing a video during a stream of Dr. Thomas Cowen, and he was talking about some coronavirus theories. You've been open recently and sharing some of your own thoughts about coronavirus and even relating it to things like 5G networks. Even on your last stream, you were talking about David Ike and his documentary. I'm curious, in bringing up those thoughts—and I think it's okay to call them controversial—did that ever result in Twitch saying anything to you or warning you?

No.
So you don't think that might be the cause?
I don't think so. In fact, I—
Beahm's publicist: We're getting really close to dangerous territory here. So, you know, Doc, we don't know why Twitch banned him, and there is no formal warnings or reprimand on record. That's all legal is going to let him say.

THEY TOTALLY KNOW WHY

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
He keeps avoid saying he doesn't know why he was banned, but instead that twitch didn't tell him why. He knows why, and hopefully he never streams again.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
A man standing on the grass in front of a "please do not step on the grass" sign, wearing a "I love stepping on grass" T-shirt, speaking tearfully into a microphone that is shoved in his mouth that he has no idea what he could have possibly done and this is all so unexpected,

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
47Kl.gif

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
He's in legal trouble for something fairly serious, nothing else really makes sense to me.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
If it was "just" the conspiracy stuff, I don't think Twitch would have been so tight lipped with their reason. It's in their interest to clearly state what's acceptable speech on their platform, not muddle the waters with supposedly unexplained bans.

No, this is something more serious. I guess the Doctor has a criminal record of some kind.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Why the literal fuck

Does a "journalistic platform" give time of day and exposure and free pr to a guy who doesn't tell why he was banned "off protocol" for god knows what.

He could (and this is a big "could" but my point stands) be under investigation for alleged raped or even murder, but just with a "ah you know I don't wanna talk about that" they're fine with platforming him for his next thing? What?

And no, I don't think it's actually rape or murder. My point is don't give him free advertisement for a non-story if he doesn't even tell why he's not allowed to stream anymore.

Same for the Washington Post. What is this.

Edit thank fuck Patrick is asking the same question.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
He knows why they banned him, and its probably for something extremely serious. Twitch probably hasn't told him the specific reason because it pertains to an ongoing criminal investigation.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Yeah I'm not buying the idea of him not knowing the reason for the ban. The CAA doesn't want him to talk so he doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe he doesn't know what happened or caused any of this when his sponsors dropped alongside Twitch.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Sweet Jesus, why is that interviewer fawning so badly over him?

I imagine that it's been very frustrating. I would love to start with just hearing what's been happening behind the scenes with you.

I'm sure you can appreciate that there's been a lot of concern and worry over the past few weeks.

I can imagine it's scary to be in this position where your main platform has been sort of yanked out underneath you.

That seems crazy to me. To ban one of its most famous, popular streamers and then to not even tell them what they did wrong?

Well, it always felt very avant garde that you had created this idea of playing, essentially, a WWE villain on a streaming platform. It felt very novel. I can imagine it's exciting to see that idea take shape and grow bigger.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
This is a gross fluff piece, sad to see news sites eagerly participate in this

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He absolutely knows the reason for the ban, obviously. I figure there's legal red tape that he is advised not to bust through.

That said, wish he'd be gone forever.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty similar to the MethodJosh situation where Twitch dropped him because of a police report but couldn't say why.