• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all think this is some way to stamp out like LGBT discussion stuff but I'm telling ya, in reality it's because they don't want their forum to be home to Fragile White Redditor types judging by how their comments sections have gone in the past.

Not that this is the way to do it. They probably shouldn't have a forum in general, it's gonna be a shitshow.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Y'all think this is some way to stamp out like LGBT discussion stuff but I'm telling ya, in reality it's because they don't want their forum to be home to Fragile White Redditor types judging by how their comments sections have gone in the past.

Not that this is the way to do it. They probably shouldn't have a forum in general, it's gonna be a shitshow.
Closeting all your diverse people and telling them to be quiet so they don't shake status quo white straight men is trash. Moderate and stamp out harassers. Don't punish people who haven't done wrong by putting gag orders on them.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
But then why list it separately to politics?

Guess they didn't want RAPES as an acronym.
Everything listed ties back to politics; they made a dumb acronym out of "no political discussion" basically.

Better question: why would they ban discussion of almost every game in existence since most have guns? They aren't.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Threads will be like "This game is good because of this...huh...good mechanics and how it deal with...serious stuff, i guess".

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Wny not just moderate the discussion if it gets out of hand, kind of like here? I could see topics like abortion really have no place in videogames discussion but guns are part of many games. You mean you can't even ask how good gun X is in a game?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, it's fucked because you can moderate hostility and bigotry without wholesale prohibiting discourse around a subject. Their approach is a craven attempt to appease the alt-right gamer crowd that "just" wants to talk about games, whether they intended it or not.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Between shit like this, thinking master race memes are funny, and the worst most vile segments of gamers' preferred genres (both that Mordhau controversy and the GOG trans stuff omes to mind) being primarily on the platform, PC gamers really need to get their house in order.
Nice lumping together assumption you got there, really covers the whole "PC gamers are just racist transphobes" section rather well. You are ignoring other very disgusting moments in gaming simply to paint a skewed picture, I'm not sure why?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
giphy.gif

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wny not just moderate the discussion if it gets out of hand, kind of like here? I could see topics like abortion really have no place in videogames discussion but guns are part of many games. You mean you can't even ask how good gun X is in a game?
I suspect that would require more active moderation ie more salaries.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Nah, it's fucked because you can moderate hostility and bigotry without wholesale prohibiting discourse around a subject. Their approach is a craven attempt to appease the alt-right gamer crowd that "just" wants to talk about games, whether they intended it or not.
That crowd does not just want to talk about games though; they constantly complain about alleged "forced diversity", about censorship when games remove sexual content or homophobia, etc.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The death of civilization is going to be the result of somebody getting way too invested in their clever little acronym.