• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
PC Gamer review: Cyberpunk 2077.

(Written by Reviewer Siggy-P)

Cyberpunk is one of the most [REDACTED] games I've played. In it you are a [REDACTED] working for [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] in the year 2077. In the city of [REDACTED].

You can [REDACTED] with a veriety of [REDACTED] to [REDACTED] while [REDACTED] in order to [REDACTED].

Perhaps the most interesting thing about the game is [REDACTED].

[SCREENSHOTS REDACTED]

[PARAGRAPH REDACTED]

[PARAGRAPH REDACTED]

[PARAGRAPH REDACTED].

The graphics are nice.

[RATING OUT OF TEN REDACTED].

(Editors note: some changes have been made to this article in order to comply with our GRAPES rules after three guys complained in the comments. Further comments have been disabled due to failure to comply with GRAPES.]

Senrah

Nov 3, 2017
Better to ban the topics completely than to have an echo chamber where only the opinions of one side of the political spectrum is respected.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The old Bethesda forums was similar to this. Things would inevitably get political when discussing something like the Skyrim Civil War or the factions of New Vegas and threads would just close.

It was fucking dumb. And speaking of fucking, I think curse words were censored as well.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better to ban the topics completely than to have an echo chamber where only the opinions of one side of the political spectrum is respected.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So if people want to talk about Escape from Tarkov or w/e not including women as playable character models for "lore reasons", that community can't discuss it unless PC Gamer writes an article on it? Boy, no way this could be abused.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all think this is some way to stamp out like LGBT discussion stuff but I'm telling ya, in reality it's because they don't want their forum to be home to Fragile White Redditor types judging by how their comments sections have gone in the past.

Not that this is the way to do it. They probably shouldn't have a forum in general, it's gonna be a shitshow.
Nah, stamping out these discussions leads to more awful people joining their forums. Since 2014 there's been a constant group of awful people saying to "leave politics out of gaming" and this gives them a safe haven.

And stamping out discussion on sexuality will also stamp out discussion of gender. It always does.

If they didn't want this audience it'd be better to not even have these rules and to actual moderate their site better and kicking the trash to the curb.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Good thing that games are a medium that never touch on the subjects of guns, religion, abortion, politics, and sexuality.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird that Guns and Abortion get their own letters but everything else goes under Politics. It's really hard to figure out who's feelings are being protected here...

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pfft haha.

So if people want to talk about Escape from Tarkov or w/e not including women as playable character models for "lore reasons", that community can't discuss it unless PC Gamer writes an article on it? Boy, no way this could be abused.

Like even better, if you want to talk about to the economic implications about stuff like loot boxes, DLC or season passes, it's a bannable offense, because "economics".

Monolith

Oct 25, 2017
Weird rule but I don't have any plans to go anywhere near those forums then. Just another corner to ignore.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
What a joke.

How can you even meaningfully discuss video games in 2020 whilst banning discussing politics, economics and sexuality?!?!? Themes which are deeply embedded in many aspects of the cultural medium.

Does no guns mean that there's no discussion of FPS games?
its like opening a forum for punk and punk rock music and saying no discussion of politics is allowed like many themes present have to do with political climate at their inception

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
(Editors note: some changes have been made to this article in order to comply with our GRAPES rules after three guys complained in the comments. Further comments have been disabled due to failure to comply with GRAPES.]
Reminds me when Toys'R'Us ditched maniac mansion because a lady complained about a word in the back of the box :P
(source: Ron Gilbert, maniac mansion post mortem conference)

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Good.
If I wanna talk politics, there are forums etc. for that. Trying to discuss "serious" subjects on gaming forums you might as well go to the local playground and ask a 5 year old to discuss world politics.

Their forum, their rules. The ridicule in some of the responses in this thread really enforces my believes. Nobody forces you to go there or understand their decision. Nothing but gif responses and one-liners. That's just lame. Calling others stupid but barely being able to articulate that opinion a full sentence. C'mon now...

Deleted member 57020

User requested account closure
Banned
May 25, 2019
Sounds like they just don't want their users to dominate a thread with their own pet issues. Not that controversial, but it likely won't make it very popular.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good.
If I wanna talk politics, there are forums etc. for that. Trying to discuss "serious" subjects on gaming forums you might as well go to the local playground and ask a 5 year old to discuss world politics.

Their forum, their rules. The ridicule in some of the responses in this thread really enforces my believes. Nobody forces you to go there or understand their decision. Nothing but gif responses and one-liners. That's just lame. Calling others stupid but barely being able to articulate that opinion a full sentence. C'mon now...

tenor.gif

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

It's pretty obvious what they are going for too. It's not going to be an issue to discuss different weapons in a FPS, but going into a COD thread and blabbering about the issues of modern day mass shootings because of legal firearms isn't going to be allowed.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knowing how online debates go, these topics just turn into users constantly going backwards and forwards with neither side willing to learn from the other.

If people "double down" so hard, what's the point? You just see the same users going back and forth for several pages and by the end the topic is locked or everyone tires themselves out.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
They've removed it from their rules.
It's no longer prohibited to talk about the contents of games on their gaming forum!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I assume that they just want carte blanche to ban anything because it's way easier to moderate if you can just nuke any loaded conversation from orbit instead of having to hav a team of moderators to handle things responsibly. I still don't think this'll actually work to produce any sort of healthy discussion though.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me wrong, but isnt PC gamer a fairly "inclusive" news site? At least I have never seen anything implying that they would be the kind of guys who say "leave politics out of my vidya"

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
Hey PCgamer bros, have you guys heard about Doom?
It's a cool game about a guys who kills [REDACTED] with [REDACTED], after they invade using a portal built by an evil [REDACTED]
(User was banned for this post)

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Sounds like they just don't want their users to dominate a thread with their own pet issues. Not that controversial, but it likely won't make it very popular.

It actually was so controversial they had to undo the damage as fast as posible. Preventing people from talking about all aspects of gaming was not going to make their forum popular.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
You will be able to talk about those games just fine. Aside from the sexuality, guns and politics.

"The story was pleasant."
"The options to nullify and seduce npcs were adequate and realistically delivered."
I chose faction A over faction B because of end game loot and a more engaging cinematic experience relevant to myself and only myself."

Sounds riveting.