• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yakuza's arrival on PC has been a welcome one, and we've very much embraced Kiryu and his pals as they brawl, date and dance their way through Kamurocho. With three Yakuza games out on Steam, Sega now considers it a multi-platform series, though it's not ready to make any firm announcements about future games.

"To make a quality PC port is the key," says Sega's executive vice president of publishing, John Clark. He explains that Sega has prioritised games like Yakuza that have a pre-existing audience. He adds that Yakuza has been a success on PC and resonated in Japan as well. Going forward, PC is going to continue to be in the mix.

"It's in the mindset of [Sega] Japan and Europe now, and the US, to think of it as a multi-format offering," says Clark "That's not saying everything's going to be multi-format, but we're able now to consider that data."

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
"To make a quality PC port is the key," says Sega's executive vice president of publishing, John Clark. He explains that Sega has prioritised games like Yakuza that have a pre-existing audience. He adds that Yakuza has been a success on PC and resonated in Japan as well. Going forward, PC is going to continue to be in the mix.

Blessed SEGA Europe

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
IllinformedThoroughAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, technically we got a WiiU port which probably would've come west if both RGG and WiiU were more popular at the time.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahahahahahahah. You can say that the day when a Yakuza game will release on the same day on PS4 AND PC.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we start getting them the same day as Playstation from now on

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It's never really felt like a proper exclusive, more of a "we don't think there's a worthwhile market outside of PlayStation".

Now that they've been proven wrong I hope that they can release the PC ports alongside console, at least in the west.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's great to hear. Even if they're not same date releases the fact that I can play Yakuza Kiwami 2 at 60fps is so damn good. Hopefully the remasters of 3 and 4 follow, though I wonder how weird it'll be to go from Kiwami games to those.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Cool.

The more Yakuza for everyone the better. Everyone needs Yakuza in their lives. Every. Single. One.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
More Yakuza is allways welcome but everyone seem to have missed this piece of information.

More Atlus games could be coming, too, but the ball is currently in Atlus's court. Catherine Classic saw the developer's surreal puzzle game come to PC for the first time in January, and it's performed well. Clark hopes it's just the first step.

"Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlus—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."

Looks like Atlus has the final say in pc ports. So yeah rip i guess?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I don't doubt the entire mainline series + Judgment will make its way to PC sooner or later. The real question really is, will we start seeing worldwide releases, or games launching on multiple platforms at the same time. That's the next step in all of this.

As for all the remaster questions. No. No news. Well, no news for a Western release, your welcome to join me next week in importing the PS4 version of Yakuza 5 :)

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
You can say this once we're getting the games day and date with the Playstation release.

Then we'll talk.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more people that play the better.

Maybe they'll make enough money to move on from Kamurocho one day.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Always happy to see more people get Yakuza.
Now translate Yakuza 3 remaster please, only mainline Yakuza I haven't played.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So why hasn't Judgement been announced for PC then? 60 fps really helps the newer Yakuza engine so I'm reticent about getting it for PS4.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Glad that their PC investment paid off, I hope they try again on Nintendo systems tho, I know the wii U games bombed hard but so did almost everything in that platform. And while at they are it port to xbox too

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
That's good to hear.
Ever so slowly, they're finally realizing that as a third-party developer they should be releasing their games on as many platforms as possible.

Hopefully the success of these ports will give SEGA Europe the opportunity to start bringing newer games to other platforms, and actually launching games on multiple platforms at once.
But they already snubbed PC players with the late release of Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Judgment despite their successes.
It's crazy that they haven't ported Persona 5 to anything else.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that their PC investment paid off, I hope they try again on Nintendo systems tho, I know the wii U games bombed hard but so did almost everything in that platform. And while at they are it port to xbox too
I thought their game size is huge? Wouldn't it force users to download day one?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west. I don't want to overplay my hand, but I'm sure some insiders can easily confirm it.
Are you sure? Wasn't it just that a switch version was heavily rumored since i never heard about a PC rumor.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Like others have mentioned already, it feels like a simultaneous release of the 345 remasters in the west on PC and PS4 would be the way to go considering Kiwami 2 is the latest PC release.

Phenomenal news of course, it feels great to have one of my favorite game series property preserved and enhanced on the open platform known as the PC. The Crazy Ken Band restoration mod on Kiwami 2 alone is worth the price of admission.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
Sega should follow the lead from developers like Bandai Namco and Square Enix this generation. Release everything on every platform you can, except of course where it isn't technically feasible (like some games not being on Switch) or where Sony or anyone else offers you a great financial deal. Ports to Xbox and PC from Playstation presumably won't cost too much in the conversion and even if they don't sell as well as they do on PS4, it's just more money for your projects. Don't keep Yakuza/Persona locked to Playstation. Don't keep Shin Megami Tensei or the awesome Sega Ages ports locked to Nintendo. At the very least try for a PC port along with the console version so you can reach the almost limitless PC market. Bandai/Square are obviously not perfect in this regard either (we should be able to play all mainline FF and Dragon Quest games on current platforms IMO, Square is getting there but these ports of old games shouldn't be too hard to do) but they've been a step above Sega

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
As a PS4 Yakuza player, Yakuza is for the people! Glad more get to enjoy this gem!

...With that all said, let us get our hands on 3-5 remasters. My 2019 has been devoid of Yakuza and that ain't right.