• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
A few months ago, a Ghost Recon Wildlands updated dropped hints that pretty much everyone took to mean a new Tom Clancy game would soon be announced. It's taken some time, but it looks like those teasers are paying off in the very near future. Another hint has dropped in the latest update, and it points to an announcement one week from today.

The original teaser pointed to a fictional organisation called Skell Technology, and the latest – noted by YouTuber coreross – shows an invitation to an event called Skell Con, set to take place on May 9, 2019. The time for that event is set at 11:30 PDT / 14:30 PDT / 19:30 BST, so you'll probably want to tune into Ubisoft's usual channels around that time.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/new-tom-clancy-game

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If we keep saying "it's Splinter Cell" at every announcement rumor, we'll eventually be right!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
114-eyes.png

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
If Ubisoft was to announce a new Splinter Cell, wouldn't it be a better idea to do so during E3?

Also, it would probably be a cross gen title, wouldn't it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine all the drones shown in that video being weaponized somehow.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
that skell video in the article seems way more akin to watch dogs if you ask me

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I want a new splinter cell so incredibly fucking bad.

But, i am so fucking scared of it being some monkey´s paw type shit.

Like the excitement for a new title and the potential disappointment are tearing me apart lisa.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they keep teasing it in GR makes me think it's Wildlands 2. I hope this focus on tech means it's going to have heavy Future Soldier vibes, I loved that game

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I want a new splinter cell so incredibly fucking bad.

But, i am so fucking scared of it being some monkey´s paw type shit.

Like the excitement for a new title and the potential disappointment are tearing me apart lisa.

This is basically every game announcement these days. Hope for something and try to avoid a monkey's paw product. "It's that thing you love... but designed around GaaS and forced into mobile. Please be excited."

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Ghost Recon "Wildlands" 2. Can't wait. I also guess they didn't get someone of Bernthal caliber just for two throwaway missions in GR. He will assuredly play some role in a new game.