• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Awful, they need to stop doing this because this will go wrong on so many ways..take your time to make the game, like don't do this to you, your family and even your own goddam health.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
According to that Switch thread, delays are anti-consumer so i guess this is just being pro-consumer.

Seriously, this industry is just a carnival of stupid sometimes.
I mean, why not chime in that thread you mention instead of derail this one? Was that thing you reference really a blanket statement implying they wish for companies to be overworking employees or maybe something akin to companies starting Switch ports in particular earlier/with additional funds (so additional staff) rather than an afterthought leading to delays of that version alone? Not that I agree that's anti consumer but at least it makes sense to be miffed about that if you have a Switch and want games coming to it sooner rather than later. Either way, can't know shit other than your snipe at it since you don't even link to that thread so I have to ask here instead of check it out. And how is this pro-consumer according to such a thread when there's already this "anti-consumer" delay which they say they'll make more useful for the game by working extra during it? Sigh, so many questions that belong elsewhere.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I can't wait until the games releases and someone somewhere has a complain about the game, and uses the term "lazy devs" at some point.

@Devs. Don't do it, it's not worth it

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
This reminds me of Crytek bragging about all the meals they catered during crunch.

Like, maybe don't do that? Christ.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah no please don't do this devs! Don't strain yourselves to release the game! It's not going to help!

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they are doing this cause they pissed off their overlords Games Workshop. No way I think they would do this normally if there's not a whip being cracked

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
productivity will take so much of a nose dive they'll wind up spending extra time on it anyway. Just slow down, do 60 hour weeks if you gotta but 90 is insane. Ideally no one would have to do more than 40

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I understand trying to polish a game while it is delayed, but this is way overkill.

Please take your time devs, doing this will just cause more problems than solutions.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
To reiterate on my posts from the other thread:

Devs, please don't do this. I know you think you're making it up to the fans by doing this, but if that's your goal you're just going to degrade your quality of work.

As tons have pointed out (including to a reply to me in that thread), trading your health and wellbeing for an earlier release is absolutely not a valid trade. Don't.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It would be a problem to release the game after E3. They probably need to release it then but they shouldn't take 90 hour shifts.

Polish up the first half reduce the hours to 70 and hopefully you can squeeze out a decent endgame during the first 10 days of sales.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please no. If you gotta delay it, take your time and don't do 90 hour crunch. That is so incredibly unhealthy.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
If this were for any of the games I like, I would never want to see a thing like this. I mean It's just a product, it's not something you have to sacrifice so much for it.
Declaration like these should never be used to market a product, I find this very unethical.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing kills your passion faster than working on your dream project for 90+ hours a week.

That shit hurts us (gaming Ind) in the long run...

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
poor treatment of employees really makes me want to buy video games, I'll tell you what.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why not chime in that thread you mention instead of derail this one? Was that thing you reference really a blanket statement implying they wish for companies to be overworking employees or maybe something akin to companies starting Switch ports in particular earlier/with additional funds (so additional staff) rather than an afterthought leading to delays of that version alone? Not that I agree that's anti consumer but at least it makes sense to be miffed about that if you have a Switch and want games coming to it sooner rather than later. Either way, can't know shit other than your snipe at it since you don't even link to that thread so I have to ask here instead of check it out. And how is this pro-consumer according to such a thread when there's already this "anti-consumer" delay which they say they'll make more useful for the game by working extra during it? Sigh, so many questions that belong elsewhere.

Why not ignore my post and move along instead of derailing the thread yourself? I mean, you're literally the only person that quoted my post.
Here's the thread btw:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...regards-to-delayed-multiplatform-games.36766/

I'm starting to wonder if it's impossible to make a joke on the internet anymore without over zealous fans immediately starting on these over aggressive tirades. Just chill the fuck out.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Apologizing to whom? Who needs apologies?
]
Consumers can fucking wait. Consumers SHOULD fucking wait.

The fuck devs, don't do this shit. ;/

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did anyone think this should be the first choice in all the decisions they could make... 90 hours... obscene.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
We should tweet them to stop this madness and even get some kinda hashtag trending like #StopCrunch or something.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the dev side of crunch on this scale and it sucks, plus it's simply not productive, or at least it wasn't for me. I don't think my health suffered too drastically but I was in my early-to-mid 20s so I think I got off lightly, but I wouldn't do OT on that scale again. It affects people differently too, for someone with kids or other dependent family a 90 hour workweek has a devastating affect on their life. I don't think it was worth it for me or for the company. I'm really glad to see some backlash about their decision here and on Twitter and I hope it has some positive change.

Maybe they should just release it as 'early access', haha.

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
It's like the all the devs were procrastinating everytime they could so the management decided it would teach them a lesson but putting those devs in crunch sessions and it was also a good idea to let us know they are doing that for the reasons. I don't know if want that studio to be closed for such gross treatment to their employees or jsut tell to them to chill out and make everyone workin the regular hours. Stupidity is a wonderful thing, right?

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Working 90 in front of a computer is insane. I'd go mad. People in my industry and related industries routinely work these kind of hours, but it is a lot easier (mentally, at least) when you are working with your hands/outdoors. Sitting in a chair staring into bright monitors all day would be horrible.