• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone played the VR mod for Doom 3 BFG? How is it?

I've played the so called Fully Possessed Mod and I think it was great, I didn't even use it to it's full potential. I've read about VR holsters and voice commands, didn't use that but still think it was fun. I put the flashlight on my head so it's always pointing to where I'm looking at.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A rare VRodeo appears:

Edit: As per usual, Jeff didn't check the controls menu in Budget Cuts to see if there is something he misses... and he does miss the hold grip buttons to translocate silently (to his defense, they should have made that a tutorial thing!)

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: As per usual, Jeff didn't check the controls menu in Budget Cuts to see if there is something he misses... and he does miss the hold grip buttons to translocate silently (to his defense, they should have made that a tutorial thing!)

I've said it many times but Jeff is just a more jaded version of darksydephil that people seem to like for some reason.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I've said it many times but Jeff is just a more jaded version of darksydephil that people seem to like for some reason.

Yeah its a shame, its driven me away from the GBwest stuff mostly. Only watch Ranking of Fighters and the Podcast from them now, everything else is a bummer. GBeast crew are the only ones that keep it positive.

extralite

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But they did. Pretty early in the game, when you don't have any weapons yet, you must get past some robot that is turning his back on you but will hear you when you use the quick teleport, causing him to turn around and attack you. The fax and voice message you get at that point explain the stealth teleport. And unless you grasp the concept you can't get past that point.

That's an unintrusive tutorial woven into the story.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently Valve has completely redesigned the reprojection settings in the newest beta and it's a huge downgrade for those who use always on reprojection (misleading term as it simply allows the CPU more time to process each frame and is essentially vital for non-room scale things like racing/flight sims). People are reporting these games are now essentially unplayable. Hope this is like when they unveiled their advanced super-sampling (and eventually decided to add support for the old, superior methods). Cause if they've permanently removed this feature, I may seriously rethink my current status.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
But they did. Pretty early in the game, when you don't have any weapons yet, you must get past some robot that is turning his back on you but will hear you when you use the quick teleport, causing him to turn around and attack you. The fax and voice message you get at that point explain the stealth teleport. And unless you grasp the concept you can't get past that point.

That's an unintrusive tutorial woven into the story.

You're maybe right and I'm just like Jeff here, I can't remember or may have forgotten that part.... I want to say "they should have made it more memorable then" or some excuse like that ;)

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So apparently Valve has completely redesigned the reprojection settings in the newest beta and it's a huge downgrade for those who use always on reprojection (misleading term as it simply allows the CPU more time to process each frame and is essentially vital for non-room scale things like racing/flight sims). People are reporting these games are now essentially unplayable. Hope this is like when they unveiled their advanced super-sampling (and eventually decided to add support for the old, superior methods). Cause if they've permanently removed this feature, I may seriously rethink my current status.

people should feedback to Valve about this.

Oct 27, 2017
Dolphin VR is pretty cool. I'm currently playing The Thousand Year Door in VR and it's like a shoebox play that you can get super close into.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Orbus VR is getting a big overhaul early next year. Total rework of the art and terrain, better avatar customization, new classes, mechanic reworks, etc. More at the link.

MPPlGSs.jpg

EthicalElaborateAmericanquarterhorse.webp

WeightyJoyfulEnglishpointer.webp

FlippantRawAttwatersprairiechicken.webp

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
people should feedback to Valve about this.

Good news. They updated the beta and now they dynamically update what the threshold is. So for sims, where the CPU needs a lot more time than typical VR applications, they dynamically adjust the timing (algorithm still not final) to give the CPU more time. So ideally it should now give the best of both worlds.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
The guy who created the Revive hack has been hired by Unreal. He's taken down his patreon, but says he'll continue supporting Revive.

In related news, OpenXR is getting its first demo at Siggraph this week. Interestingly, someone commented that the Dolphin team is waiting for OpenXR before officially implementing it. The same guy who does Revive commented that, yes, he's waiting for OpenXR before he adds it into Dolphin. Had no idea this guy also worked on Dolphin. Busy man.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Orbus VR is getting a big overhaul early next year. Total rework of the art and terrain, better avatar customization, new classes, mechanic reworks, etc. More at the link.

Saw this earlier today, makes me more curious about the game, now I buy it on sale, the graphics is the one thing currently turning me off.

I know they had a free weekend but I didn't have time then, hopefully they have another free weekend once the update is live.

vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
The guy who created the Revive hack has been hired by Unreal. He's taken down his patreon, but says he'll continue supporting Revive.

In related news, OpenXR is getting its first demo at Siggraph this week. Interestingly, someone commented that the Dolphin team is waiting for OpenXR before officially implementing it. The same guy who does Revive commented that, yes, he's waiting for OpenXR before he adds it into Dolphin. Had no idea this guy also worked on Dolphin. Busy man.

Hope the CEMU devs jump in with OpenXR too.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, this game from the Indiegala bundle is really fun

Good workout too haha. Yeah I know Beat Saber exists. But that's too expensive. Also I like the songs in this one more :3

TheMadMan007

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to get back into Dolphin VR. How recently has it been updated? I know somebody picked the VR branch back up at some point but I haven't looked into it in like a year.
I think it was barely updated last in early 2016. It's basically completely dead. It sucks so much that someone hasn't picked it up and cleaned it up a bit. So much has improved with Dolphin and VR since 2016. Dolphin VR could be incredible.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Good workout too haha. Yeah I know Beat Saber exists. But that's too expensive. Also I like the songs in this one more :3
Beat Saber is a $1 more and if you're in to anime songs/Jpop/etc, the custom community has you covered like 10 times over.

EDIT: Saw the comment about Indiegala pricing. Second point still stands.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah I got it from the bundle and finally had time to play it. Also it finally isn't extremely hot anymore. The heat already made me too lazy to turn my Switch on and I definitely didn't want to put my headset on lol. I have a tiny USB Fan, maybe I should attach that to my Vive. Like a goofy looking DIY Vive-n-Chill.

Beat Saber is already on my wishlist and one day (the day it gets cheaper hehe) I will (probably) buy it. Problem I have with most rhythm games is that I suck at them. I do alright on Guitar/Clone Hero and Action Seiya but I suck at all the other ones. Especially Rhythm Heaven...
And Beat Saber looks pretty complicated too. Or maybe it does because all the videos are in super duper expert mode.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I still have a problem with Beat Saber custom songs. It seems 90% are songs on extreme difficulty.
Yeah so custom songs would be useless to me
There are a couple of websites that will help you find what you want:

Beastsaber: For user and curated reviews of custom songs

Beat Saver Tags: Let's you search custom songs by tags commonly associated with them on Youtube. Also lets you filter by difficulty.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
There are a couple of websites that will help you find what you want:

Beastsaber: For user and curated reviews of custom songs

Beat Saver Tags: Let's you search custom songs by tags commonly associated with them on Youtube. Also lets you filter by difficulty.

I know about these. I mean a lot of custom songs are only available on Extrem difficulty.

At least the ones I want :D

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Thats fantastic news.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah I got it from the bundle and finally had time to play it. Also it finally isn't extremely hot anymore. The heat already made me too lazy to turn my Switch on and I definitely didn't want to put my headset on lol. I have a tiny USB Fan, maybe I should attach that to my Vive. Like a goofy looking DIY Vive-n-Chill.

Beat Saber is already on my wishlist and one day (the day it gets cheaper hehe) I will (probably) buy it. Problem I have with most rhythm games is that I suck at them. I do alright on Guitar/Clone Hero and Action Seiya but I suck at all the other ones. Especially Rhythm Heaven...
And Beat Saber looks pretty complicated too. Or maybe it does because all the videos are in super duper expert mode.

It wont get cheaper for a long time. On early access it is written they will increase the price as more contents is added.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer for twilight path

Looking forward to this. I really enjoyed FORM.

Beat Saber isn't all that complicated as far as rhythm games go. It's actually pretty easy up until Expert difficulty.