• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, the visuals seem much better.
Played some Beat Saber and the Rick and Morty game and the center is much improved.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I just ordered the Mamut gun stock and I can't wait for it. Pavlov and Onward even more immersive? And especially a lot better to aim 😮

They were sold out for for a while but are now back in stock.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
About the controller thing, it might be placebo, but I see less shaking now.
But no idea if it really helped with this.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
My last straw for the controller is my new rig that's in shipping right now. I hope the controller works again with it. Can't get it to work with the current one since 1903. Dunno if this is related though. The right one connects but the lights stay dim and I cannot see it in vr. Buttons work though.

When this does not work either I need to buy another wmr set I guess. Or switch back to Oculus with a Rift S

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Finally picked up BallisticNG during the sale. Kept putting it off cause it looked unspeakably ugly (I didn't like PSX graphics even when it was a new system), but with a lot of SS, this game is quite the rush. It's not for people who have issues with cockpit games, but it seems quite good from my quick spin with it.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
My last straw for the controller is my new rig that's in shipping right now. I hope the controller works again with it. Can't get it to work with the current one since 1903. Dunno if this is related though. The right one connects but the lights stay dim and I cannot see it in vr. Buttons work though.

When this does not work either I need to buy another wmr set I guess. Or switch back to Oculus with a Rift S
Does not help :(

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Rift S is being delivered shortly - any advice for apps/games to try first? Got a crapload of freebies like Google Earth/Rec Room/VR Chat installed and bought Pavlov as it was on sale.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rift S is being delivered shortly - any advice for apps/games to try first? Got a crapload of freebies like Google Earth/Rec Room/VR Chat installed and bought Pavlov as it was on sale.

• Robo Recall
  • Lone Echo
  • Super Hot VR
  • Brass Tactics
  • Moss
  • Thrill of the Fight
  • Batman Arkahm VR (if you get on sale, awesome game but short)
  • Gorn
  • Beat Saber

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017

Chixdiggit had some good recommendations, I would add a few games I see less often recommended that I enjoyed, but this could definitely be taken personal preference:

• Drop Dead: Dual Strike Edition
  • Eleven Table Tennis VR
  • Gun Club VR
  • I Expect You To Die (I think it might be a little too expensive at full price)
  • Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
  • Onward
  • Crisis VRigade

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Thanks guys! Just spent an hour playing Pavlov, wow that was really cool. Takes some getting used to the reloading controls but Deathmatch is super fast paced and fun, amazing bargain for £4.19.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
So apparently Facebook/Oculus have signed a deal with Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell VR exclusives. No real meat to the information, but a few sites are reporting it.
Source https://www.theinformation.com/arti...-shopping-list-acquisitions-to-beef-up-gaming

If these are more full fledged games, and not experiences or galleries like Deus Ex and Tomb Raider is not known. But Oculus sure seems to be raking up a lot of big things still in the VR space.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
waltz of the wizard Extended Edition is released today.
Its a remaster version with much more new content, but it has a price tag now unlike the original.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So apparently Facebook/Oculus have signed a deal with Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell VR exclusives. No real meat to the information, but a few sites are reporting it.
Source https://www.theinformation.com/arti...-shopping-list-acquisitions-to-beef-up-gaming

If these are more full fledged games, and not experiences or galleries like Deus Ex and Tomb Raider is not known. But Oculus sure seems to be raking up a lot of big things still in the VR space.
I hate exclusive shit so much, especially in a narrow space like VR.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to use my index, and it seems nice, having issues with Superhot VR and throwing (Not recognizing when I release/open my hands always) unsure if this is just the game, or if its the index having the trouble. Is there a way to calibrate the controllers?

Other than that, sadly my glasses (the frames) are just too large to fit in properly. I really need to get Lasic.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to use my index, and it seems nice, having issues with Superhot VR and throwing (Not recognizing when I release/open my hands always) unsure if this is just the game, or if its the index having the trouble. Is there a way to calibrate the controllers?

Other than that, sadly my glasses (the frames) are just too large to fit in properly. I really need to get Lasic.
Its the game, superhot is a mess with throwing, its the same on PSVR. Other games I have throwing works fine on the index.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Eh the companies tossing money at the publishers for games is what needs to be done to get big titles on the system and to help push VR. VR needs more big games to help push it, and if it requires some exclusive money deals, then so be it.
Yeah, that's what gets lost in this conversation. Ubisoft isn't likely to make an Assassin's Creed game with real substance unless they were paid to do so; they couldn't justify the cost otherwise. And then you hear they're actually making two supposedly-sizable VR games (Splinter Cell), it buggles the mind. Facebook must've just paid for an enormous percentage of the games' budgets in order to grow their headset market - and Ubi said 'Yes' because it likes dabbling in new technologies. So the relationship here makes a lot of sense.

If there was no other way for Assassin's Creed VR and Splinter Cell VR to get made, and we still get proper pancake titles of those franchises from different dev teams, then I'm all for this. (Especially if ReVive work continues so others can play these two games.)

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's what gets lost in this conversation. Ubisoft isn't likely to make an Assassin's Creed game with real substance unless they were paid to do so; they couldn't justify the cost otherwise. And then you hear they're actually making two supposedly-sizable VR games (Splinter Cell), it buggles the mind. Facebook must've just paid for an enormous percentage of the games' budgets in order to grow their headset market - and Ubi said 'Yes' because it likes dabbling in new technologies. So the relationship here makes a lot of sense.

If there was no other way for Assassin's Creed VR and Splinter Cell VR to get made, and we still get proper pancake titles of those franchises from different dev teams, then I'm all for this. (Especially if ReVive work continues so others can play these two games.)
Yeah this. I'm pretty sure most games Oculus puts money behind would exist if it weren't for their funding so while I'm not thrilled their games are exclusive I can accept it and still be happy these games are happening.

Oct 25, 2017
You could get prescription inserts. I can vouch for VR Optician, based in Germany. I ordered Vive inserts from them a few months back, absolutely flawless - it took about 3 weeks to get to Texas.

Their Index lense availability has an ETA around the end of July. I'm waiting on that before I decided whether or not to pick up an Index.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its the game, superhot is a mess with throwing, its the same on PSVR. Other games I have throwing works fine on the index.
It wasn't nearly as big of an issue on normal vive though, what I'm saying is it doesn't recognize that I'm opening my hand sometimes so the thrown object flops to the ground or even goes backwards as I retract my hand.

I remember someone saying you have to calibrate the Index controllers when new people use them, is that a software driven thing via a tool, or just does it intuitively on the back end? Or are they just talking grips and such.

You could get prescription inserts. I can vouch for VR Optician, based in Germany. I ordered Vive inserts from them a few months back, absolutely flawless - it took about 3 weeks to get to Texas.

Their Index lense availability has an ETA around the end of July. I'm waiting on that before I decided whether or not to pick up an Index.

I still have the Zeni Optical lenses for the adapter on the Rift. I may just hold out/wait for the 3D printer model, as they basically look like higher end 3D prints anyway. That way I can just print it myself.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
So I got the Rift S today, was really fun so far. Only (maybe a bit stupid) question: How do I play 360 videos? The built in Virtual Desktop thing apparently cant, or I just cant find the option for it. And then there's another Virtual Desktop app in the store for a couple euros?

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Played maybe 1 hour +, so far very disappointed.
Compared to B&T, nothing happens in this game. There's WAY too many talking scene it's almost like a god damn visual novel game.
The conversations and VA are boring. There's maybe one action scene so far which is boring too.

Hopefully it gets better. B&T really delivered that action packed experience with AAA quality. Though it's $20 so I'm okay with it.
My impression so far for defector

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I've played about 45 mins of Defector (up to the gambling part). I'm enjoying it but yeah I'm surprised how little combat there has been for such a short game. Also I don't think it explained what to do in the gambling sequence very well, I had to check out a let's play to know what to do next.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I reserved several weeks ago, and today was able to buy! It will ship in 4-6 days. Pretty great.

I'm just a bit less excited due to the issues with the screen for darker scenes, and the issues with the controller's joystick only clicking in when you have it centered.
Someone please get me a bit more hyped? I used to own the first gen Vive and was pretty happy with it.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
Visual quality of Index is great, i.e. clarity and sweetspot (but there is glare). SDE is almost non existant IMO. Audio quality is fantatstic. Comfort is very good (ther is IPD adjustment). FOV is noticeably higher (both vertical and horizontal). Microphone quality is very good. Controllers are nice, except for the stick issue.
I think you will be happy with vive, but if you are not you can eihter return it or sell on ebay at a profit.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I've played about 45 mins of Defector (up to the gambling part). I'm enjoying it but yeah I'm surprised how little combat there has been for such a short game. Also I don't think it explained what to do in the gambling sequence very well, I had to check out a let's play to know what to do next.
There's more combat in the last two missions but honestly I think the combat is the weakest part of the game.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Finished like 3 missions now i think (defector)?

I'm not enjoying this at all man. This was one of my most anticipated VR game :(
I'm very sad now.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah the fist fighting in Defector is so clunky. Should finish the game today, especially as it seems like it's under 3 hours long?

EDIT: Finished, lmao the last level was...bad.

Last edited:

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed a Rift S and picked up.

The Thrill of the Fight
Pavlov
Lone Echo
There is a thief in my house
Defector
Seeking Dawn

Now all I need is a day off so I can use the thing. I want Robo Recall but 29.99 seems steep.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Anyone played Box VR? Considering giving it a go, trying to get fitter and wouldn't mind something fun to accompany more conventional exercise.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Made the dive for a rift s after having my cv1 cable die, so far initial impressions are pretty positive i really love the halo strap on this compared to the psvr